Picnic

Bus Stop Strangers

You nervously smoothed your hand over your hair, worrying that it wasn't nice enough. You worried that your make-up wasn't perfect, that your clothes weren't wrinkle free enough. You hated this feeling and you wished SanDeul would arrive already to put your mind at ease.

 

“I'm sorry I'm late,” SanDeul said with one of his bright smiles. You felt your worries fade away slightly and you smiled back at him. “Oh, you look so pretty,” he commented bringing you in for a tight hug. You were glad he couldn't see the blush that colored your cheeks in bright red. He took a step back and casually grabbed your hand. “Lets walk to the park, okay?”

 

You nodded numbly and let him lead the way to the park. You still felt slightly paranoid about fans seeing him with you, but most the people who were out seemed to be quite a bit older than you and him.

 

“Why are we going to the park?” you asked. You had thought he was taking you out to eat, that's what he had said the night before at least.

 

“You'll see,” he replied with a wink.

 

The grip he held on you hand was loose and comfortable and felt right. You were glad you had just let yourself give into your feelings.

 

“We're almost there,” SanDeul said as he led you along a dirt path. “___-ah, close your eyes, please.” You did as you were told and let him lead to wherever it was he was taking you. You felt him let go of your hand and you immediately stopped. Keeping your eyes closed, you waited for him to say something. You heard him shoo something away and you heard quiet protests. After a while longer you started to grow a little impatient, but not enough to say so. “Okay, now you can open your eyes.”

 

You did so with relief. The first thing that caught your eye was SanDeul and next was the checkered picnic blanket he was standing next to. You took a step towards him.

 

“A picnic in the park,” you said quietly.

 

“Yep,” SanDeul said happily as he took a seat. You sat across from him and watched as he unpacked a wicker picnic basket. “I made everything myself, so I hope it's extra delicious.”

 

“I'm sure it'll be great,” you said, taking the sandwich he handed over to you. You heard a rustle in the bushes nearby and looked towards it. You heard SanDeul let out a slightly irritated sigh as he looked in the direction of the noise as well.

 

“I told them to leave,” he mumbled under his breath.

 

“Who?” you asked, as a body fell from behind the bushes. The figure hurriedly scrambled to their feet and went back to hiding, but not before you could see that it was CNU. You could only guess that the other members were hiding too. “Ah, never mind,” you laughed.

 

SanDeul looked a bit disheartened at the lack of privacy between the two of you. You noticed but didn't know what to do about it, short of dragging the B1A4 members out of the park by force.

 

“Let's just ignore them and enjoy this food, okay?” you said before taking a bite out of the sandwich. “Actually... Are all of them behind that one bush,” you asked with curiousity. SanDeul laughed and nodded.

 

“All but Baro,” he replied, looking back at his friends who were peeking over the top of the bush as though they couldn't be seen. When they noticed the both of you looking in their direction they ducked down.

 

“Ah, they're weird. What do they think is going to go down that is worth spying on?” you asked. SanDeul blushed slightly and shook his head. You didn't know that he had told the other B1A4 members that he was hoping to have his first real kiss with you.

 

And by the time the two of you had finished eating, he was too nervous to kiss you. Between just seeing your smiling face and knowing that his friends were watching him, it was impossible for him to get up the courage to make a move.