By my side

You are (not) my destiny

-Haneul-ah! Come downstairs! You will be late for school- Asia screamed loudly to her sister who was organising herself before going to school.

-I'm coming sis!- She replied while packing her last books in her backpack.

-Oh I'm so happy that only few days left before winter break! I can't wait to prepare Christmas tree and delicious food with You Unni- she hugged her sister with excitement. Just like she did before to her mother. She was now 17 years old but still for her sister she was little girl. 

-Well I heard from TaeJun that he will meet his friends during Christmas Eve so only me and You will celebrate together in this year. Also father couldn't come so...-she looked at her sisiter. She knew that this time it will be so hard for both of them. First Christmas without their mother...

-It's ok Unni. I have You- Haneul looked at her sister.

-I know baby- she patted her hair and look deeply in her eyes.

-But now You will be late for school- she pointed at clock which shown 7:43 am.

-Oh crap, Unni I will go now! Have a nice day at work as well- she waved to her sister and run out from their house.

 


 

-Ok so I'm going to work- Asia said to herself.

She went outside and locked the door from their house. It was December so the weather was cold but sunny. Asia put scarf on herself and passed her small garden. When she closed the gate she rushed to her work place.

-Asia-ssi- she heard soft voice behind her back.

-SungJong-ah?- she turned herself around to face him.

-What are You doing here at this early morning. Do You need something?- she asked curiously squeezing her bag in her hands.

-DongWoo talked with me last time. We are all curious why You are avoiding us. Did something happened?- he gets closer to her.

-SungJong listen. I'm not avoiding You but I'm just busy and little bit tired. You know that TaeJun is taking money from my father so I have to work a lot to buy present for my sister. Christmas will be soon...-she paused and looked at his face. He was wearing red scarf. When sun fall on his face she realised how handsome he basically is. Even thought that he was very slim and not very manly he looked very handsome at that moment.

 

-Asia if You need we can borrow You some money. So instead of working can You go shopping with us? We didn't see You for a while and we all miss You a lot. You know that Haneul is visiting us almost everyday so why can't You come along with her?- he sniffed.

-SungJong-ah after Christmas we can meet if You want.- she looked at him.

-Oh ok...anyway You're going to work? I have to visit Woolim as well so we can go together- he smiled to her and they started to walk together.

 

But someone was watching them carefully.

 


 

-HyunWoo what are You going to do during Christmas break?- Asia looked at him while frothing milk for coffee.

-Well I'm going to vivit my brother in Busan. He's living and working in there- he smile to her during sweeping the floor.

-Oh I didn't know that You have got brother- she chuckled a little.

-By any chance do You have photo of him?- his expression changed a bit. He looked quite jelaous. 

-Sure why not- he took phone from his pocket and started to check his brother's photos.

-Oh here. His name is HyunSoo and he's 25 years old. He's living and working in Busan how I said...- he pointed at his brother's photo.

-Wow HyunWoo...what happend to You then?- she asked curiously looking at photo and at HyunWoo at the same time.

-What do You mean?- he gazed on her.

-That he's much more handsome than You. Maybe You can invite him someday- she poked her tongue at him.

-Very funny! He doesn't like foreigners- he turn himself an come back to cleaning.

 

This day was very silent. Most of the people were shopping for Christmas presents, cleaning their houses or just resting so Asia also wished to come bac home and rest a little bit.

 

-Asia-ssi Asia-ssi- she heard her name.

-Yes?- she looked around to see SungGyu this time.

-Hey I was wondering if You have time to go shopping with us today after work?- he asked peacefully.

-Ughhh why You always asking me! I have no time for this. Sorry SungGyu but I have no time for You- she bowed apologetically.

-Sorry for bothering You then- he looked down.

-No SungGyu I didn't want to sound like this...I'm just- she tried to say.

-It's ok I understand...really we all understand. You don't want us by Your side- he said and left the cafe.

 

-Sunggyu I'm simply scared...that's all- she whispered to herself.

 


 

When she finished work she closed NIT cafe and slowly begun to walk home.

She was very sad and depressed. She was sure that someone's following her everyday and she was just scared.

"She couldn't be scared? Why it happened to her. She wanted to go home and rest a little bit." -she said to herself.

 

Suddenly she heard voices behind her. She was so scared. She turned her heard...

 

*bang*

.

.

.

.

 

She felt pain.