New Faces Come Together

Into the Digital World

 


-----
 

“EAT MY DUST, YURI !!” Hyoyeon picked up her speed, already tasting victory.

 

Yuri looked at Hyoyeon speeding up ahead of her and saw a long branch for her to use. Yuri leaped with the momentum  and grabbed onto the branch. She swung herself with much strength and flew past Hyoyeon. 

 

“WHOA ! WHAT !?“ Hyoyeon messed up her footing from the sudden appearance of Yuri and  ended up tripping forward.

 

Yuri emerged out of the thick trees and turned around to mock Hyoyeon. She crossed her arms and saw Hyoyeon rolling her way out of the bushes.

 

“How did my dust taste?” Yuri smirked.

 

Hyoyeon facing down, slowly got on one knee. “PFFT!! I’ll have you know.” She stood and patted her clothing. And faced Yuri. “ You got luck- “ 

 

Hyoyeon stopped and gawked right past Yuri.

 

“Know what?” Yuri scoffed. 

 

“Hyo?” Yuri looked Hyoyeon confusedly.

 

Hyoyeon slowly brought up her trembling arm and pointed directly past Yuri’s shoulders.

 

Yuri slowly turned her body to the direction that was pointed. 

 

"What’s wron- “ Yuri frozed and dropped her jaw.

 

“Holy… Cow… ” Yuri stared hanging out a big O shaped mouth.

 

“What the..” Hyoyeon couldn’t speak anymore.

 

Unknowingly behind the two girls, Sooyoung managed to catch up and sprung from the bushes, but she didn’t even acknowledge Yuri and Hyoyeon.

 

“THE HECK IS THAT ?!?!” Sooyoung bellowed as she collapsed on her knees in exhaustion and gaped at the 3 headed beast.

 

…..



Amongst the commotion, Sunny, Seohyun, and Yoona took their chance and rushed out from the cave.  As they exited, they were so frightened to be right beside the Cerberus. 

 

While they were running past it, they couldn’t help but stare at the giant beast in awe. The scary muscular tail, the thick hairs, claws, everything was supposed to be all fiction. It was completely unbelievable.

 

With Sunny leading the way, they all managed to get by unscathed. Making enough distance, she and the other two girls flopped on the ground to catch their breath.

 

“THE HECK IS THAT?!!?” 

 

Yoona, Sunny, Seohyun, snapped their heads to the voice to find three girls. Two just standing still directly in the face of the Cerberus and one on all fours looking like a mess.

 

Seohyun immediately recognized one of them. 

 

“Unnie!!” Seohyun screamed at the girls in the distant, specifically at her platinum blonde unnie.

 

Yoona and Sunny looked at Seohyun and back at the three girls.

 

“There are more of us!” Yoona rose up. 

 

The three girls; Yuri, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon, all instantly turned their attention to the girl screaming at them.

 

Hyoyeon couldn’t believe the odds, how bittersweet the moment was.

 

“Seohyun-ah!” Hyoyeon shouted with warm eyes.

 

Sooyoung watched the girls near them, while leaning back on her hands and her legs spread disgustingly. 

 

Yuri still bewildered by everything,  asked  Hyoyeon. “Who’s she?”

 

“My cousin!” Hyoyeon smiled widely.

 

Seohyun ran towards and hugged the little life out of Hyoyeon.  “Hyoyeon - Unnie!”

 

Yoona and Sunny followed suit.

 

“Eh?! Kwon Yuri ? Choi Sooyoung!?” Yoona blurted out and pointed her finger at Yuri, then Sooyoung.

 

“IS THAT REALLY YOU, YOONA?!“ Sooyoung got up and threw herself at Yoona to hug her. 

 

“ Yoona!“ Yuri also threw herself at Yoona and wrapped her arms around Sooyoung and Yoona.

 

In the midst of everyone hugging, Sunny stood there awkwardly. 

 

“Girls, are you finished with this bizarre reunion?” Sunny cleared .

 

“Don’t be so bitter, shorty!” Sooyoung opened one arm. “C’MERE!!!”

 

Sooyoung wrapped Sunny by the neck and brought her in the group hug.

 

“My name’s not ‘Shorty’, you skyscraper,” She snarled at her. “It’s Sunny.”

 

“I’m not a skyscraper!” Sooyoung complained. “ I’m Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung!”

 

“And this tan girl is Kwon Yuri and that other girl hugging your friend is Kim Hyoyeon!”

 

Yuri separated from the hug.

 

“This tan girl can speak for herself, thanks.“ She approached Sunny and gave her hand out, “ Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Me too!” Hyoyeon let go of Seohyun and went up to Sunny.  “Kim Hyoyeon.” She also gave out her hand.

 

“I know you Hyoyeon, you barely attend your classes anymore.”

 

“Not so loud Soonkyu!!” Hyoyeon shushed Sunny and glanced at Seohyun discreetly.

 

“It’s SUNNY,” Sunny gave out two hands to shake their hands, “ Lee Soonkyu is my full name, but call me Sunny.”

 

“Seohyun-ah! Come introduce yourself. “  Hyoyeon said.

 

“Hello all, I am Seohyun. Pleased to meet you all in this abnormal situation.” Seohyun did a 90 degree bow.

 

Throughout the reunion, the girls failed to notice the Cerberus stopped shaking its heads. The Cerberus roared all three heads and growled. Showing all of its pointy, vicious teeth and drooling mouth.

 

With one massive stomp. Seohyun, Sunny, and Sooyoung fell to the ground, while Yuri, Hyoyeon, and Yoona managed to stay on their feet. 

 

“Damn it,” Yuri cursed at the Cerberus. “There’s no way in hell we can outrun that.”

 

“You got that right, we’ve tried!” Yoona eyed the Cerberus. “It chased us all over inside there!"

 

“AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE”

 

All of a sudden,  the sounds of screaming caused the girls to look up to the sky and witness three falling girls.

 

“It’s them!! They’re gonna die!!” Sooyoung shouted.


…..


Taeyeon opened one eye and saw her doom nearing. She was helpless at this point as she watched Jessica and Tiffany scream. Taeyeon closed her eye and waited for her death.

 

What she expecting was a bone crushing impact.

 

Until her body hit the solid, however, it didn’t feel like the earth. Their bodies landed right on top of the Cerberus’s back.  Taeyeon was completely mind boggled when she felt the foreign rough skin.

 

This isn't dirt... Taeyeon thought. 

 

“THEY’RE ON ITS BACK!!” Sooyoung shrieked.

 

The rest of the girls on the ground could only wait for the beast reaction.

 

Upon hearing a human voice, Taeyeon quickly crawled up near the heads of the Cerberus and gasped.

 

What in godsname is this !?

 

She checked up on Jessica and Tiffany and shook them. Jessica wasn’t awake, but she was still breathing. Taeyeon was able to get Tiffany to wake up, though, maybe it wasn’t the best idea.  

 

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!” 

 

Taeyeon jumped on Tiffany and quickly shut .

 

Sadly, it was too late.

 

The Cerberus tilted its head upwards and felt agitation on its back, then tbegan to shake. The strong movements managed to wake Jessica up.

 

Jessica sat up rapidly and saw Taeyeon and Tiffany. Jessica was struggling to keep balance from being bounced around, and saw three giant heads with prickly hairs, and droopy skin.  

 

Just past the heads, she managed to get a glimpse of a group of girls on the ground. 

 

Abruptly, the Cerberus emitted ultra-voluminous bark and shook its body furiously at the annoyance on its back. 

 

This alarmed Taeyeon, their bodies were being tossed around. She firmly secured Tiffany underneath her and gripped onto the skin to keep them safe.  Jessica  tightly clutched onto the hairs of the monster as she was being thrashed about  and let out her famous dolphin scream. 

 

All the girls flinched at the high pitched scream.

 

“That was so loud!” Hyoyeon covered both ears and slowly uncovered one.

 

Yuri didn’t cover her ears, but flinched. “Damn, I think that was louder than this monster.”

 

“What do we do?! They’re gonna get thrown off!” Yoona glanced at the older girls but, the other girls could only watch.

 

Jessica started to the hairs in her grip loosen, and right then, the force of her body plucked out the bundles of hair. She let out an ear piercing screech as she was sent hurling in the air at insane speed.

 

“SHE’S REALLY GONNA DIE!!” Sooyoung screamed as all the girls watched the girl in fear.

 

Unknowingly, Yuri bolted off and gave chase while not taking eyes off Jessica.

 

“Yuri – Unnie!” Seohyun failed to reach out to her.

 

At the exact moment, the Cerberus felt the irritation of its hair being yanked out and  kicked back.

 

Taeyeon could no longer stay steady and began to lose her grasp. Her left hand slipped off and opened a space for Tiffany to bounce out, but Taeyeon wrapped her left arm around Tiffany’s waist firmly again.

 

The Cerberus jerked up and down, and kicked back again. The violence was too great for Taeyeon’s weak small hand and were thrown the opposite way at high velocity.

 

“Unnie!! Do something!!” Seohyun watched in panic at the girls being thrown.

 

“YOONA!” Hyoyeon took off to the direction of the two girls without turning back.

 

Yoona rushed off with Hyoyeon, she didn’t need an explanation; they never have a plan.

 

Hyoyeon and Yoona tried their best to reach the two girls without taking their eyes off.

 

The remaining girls watched helplessly as their friends dash to the girls in danger. Unchanging of their actions, they stood with all eyes transfixed on the Cerberus in front of them.


…..


Jessica was rocketing off to the side while Yuri sprinted hard to reach her that her legs were burning. With Yuri’s greatest effort, she caught up and found herself to be just ahead of Jessica.

 

Yuri looked ahead of her and found her path cutting short. If Yuri couldn’t catch her, Jessica would crash into the trees head on.

 

With the quick speculation of the distance between her and Jessica, Yuri guesstimated the timing. 

 

Almost…… AND NOW

 

Yuri angled her body enough and leaped up with her arms opened. Jessica’s body dove right into Yuri’s.

 

Yuri protectively tucked Jessica’s head towards her chest and wrapped Jessica’s body tightly. She braced for impact. The spine of Yuri’s body hit right against the large tree.

 

The collision was sudden that Jessica’s body jerked upwards and head-butted Yuri’s neck. Yuri fell sideways to the ground hard, while still holding Jessica in her arms. 



……


Hyoyeon and Yoona had a much more difficult time,  their path had potholes along way which slowed them down.

 

“Unnie!!” Yoona shouted. “You thinking what I’m thinking?”

 

Hyoyeon hopped over the last pot hole in her way, “I think so?!”

 

“Great!” Yoona grabbed Hyoyeon’s hand and looked at the girls again. She glanced back at Hyoyeon and nodded. 

 

Hyoyeon nodded back and grinned.  “Him Yoona, don’t fail me!” 

 

Yoona and Hyoyeon picked up speed and kept their pace just below Taeyeon and Tiffany. The two girls waited for the right moment to put their plan into action.

 

Just as Taeyeon and Tiffany were right above them, they had created a cradle wide enough for the two girls to land, so now they needed to position themselves correctly.

 

With much shuffling and much concentration, they were accurate with their spot and had two bodies drop right onto their arms. The heavy impact made all of them fall to the ground.

 

The fall caused some dust to fly up in their face, so they all coughed and waved their hands in all directions to disperse the dusty air.  

 

Hyoyeon coughed. “Hey, you two alri- “ She coughed again. “Alright?”

 

Taeyeon opened one eye and squinted the other at the voice, which was Hyoyeon. She looked around and saw that she was still alive after being chucked off. She checked on Tiffany and the girl was wheezing and coughing uncontrollably.  Yoona rubbed Tiffany’s back in way of comfort.

 

“We - We didn’t die??” Taeyeon coughed and saw a familiar doe-eyed girl beside her.

 

“We thought you were!” Yoona sneezed. “But Hyoyeon and I managed to make it to you guys in time.” 

 

“How scary was that!” Hyoyeon gave her hand to help Taeyeon up. 

 

Yoona slowly assisted  the freaked out Tiffany stand up. “I’m surprised no bones were broken...”

 

They quickly walked their way to Sooyoung, Sunny, and Seohyun. With Taeyeon trailing behind them, she surveyed the whole area and saw the Cerberus still there flipping out on what Jessica did to it.

 

“Jessica!” Taeyeon spun her body to search for the girl. "Where's Jessica?!"

 

They all began searching for the two bodies that were laying on the ground.

 

........

 

Yuri slowly opened her eyes and had temporary blurred vision of her friends and the giant monster. Yuri tried to sit up, but the girl in her arms stirred a bit.

 

Jessica felt herself being hugged by something warm. She fluttered her eyes opened and saw a girl in her face.

 

They both made eye contact.

 

Jessica screamed and pushed Yuri down.  Yuri fell back and hit her head against the ground. 

 

“HANDS OFF!!” 

 

“Aghh!” Yuri laid on her back holding her head. “What was that for?!” 

 

“W-W-Who are you!” Jessica crawled away from her and covered her girl parts. “PERRVERT!”

 

“PERRVERT!? How the hell am I a perrvert!?!” Yuri muttered as she let go of her throbbing head.

 

“I just saved you, and now I’m being called a perrvert.”

 

“Because you were holding me like a perrv.“ Jessica eyed Yuri suspiciously.

 

“-Wait, you saved me? From what?”

 

“Yeah? This ‘perrvert’ ran like hell to catch you when that frickin’ monster tossed you off!” Yuri stumbled on her two feet to lean her back on the tree and winced a bit from the contact.

 

Yuri lazily guided her finger to the monster. “You would’ve died if no one else was around.”

 

Jessica looked at Yuri and back at the Cerberus, she quickly crawled back and clung onto Yuri's arm. “ Oh my god!! What is that?!”

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow as she noticed Jessica clinging on to her. “I didn’t know you liked touching errts.” 

 

When Jessica found herself hugging Yuri, she gasped and shoved Yuri off, glaring at her. “YOU grabbed ME! That is attempted kidnap!”

 

“What!? Are you insane?! I bet that monster messed up your pea brain too.” Yuri huffed at Jessica incredulously.

 

PEA BRAIN???" Jessica took a bold step forward, intensifying her glare. "Excuse you! My brain is perfectly fine, you stupid!“

 

Yuri also matched her glare. “Excuse me?! EXCUSE you! Who you callin stu-“

 

“YURI-AHHHH!!” 


“KWON YURI !!” 

 

Their friends and new faces came running towards Yuri and Jessica. Yuri looked away from her heated argument with Jessica.

 

Yuri gave out a small head nod, then took a step forward, she wobbled a bit, and let out a quiet groan. This didn’t go unnoticed as Jessica brought her attention to Yuri’s condition. 

 

“Hey wait… You’re injured.“ Jessica approached Yuri with concern.

 

"H-Huh? No, what-what are you talking about." Yuri darted her eyes and stepped back.

 

Jessica narrowed her look and nudged Yuri in the ribs, surprising the latter as she gave out a sharp hiss.

 

"What was that for!" Yuri wrapped her stomach with an arm and looked at Jessica like she was some mad woman.

 

Jessica placed her hand on top of Yuri's. "Let me see, stupid."

 

Yuri stared at Jessica and hesistated. Minutes later, she gave it some thought and sighed. If 'stupid' was going to be her permanent name, they'll be in for a rough ride. Yuri realized Jessica's demanour was terrifying, but then, she'd switch over and show her soft side. 

 

Which might mean one thing... 

 

Bipolar.

 

Certified bipolar.

 

This girl was dangerous.

 

Jessica read Yuri's answer and lifted up her shirt. Immediately, Jessica gasped- in both attraction and worriment.

 

Jessica examined Yuri's injury- along with her toned abs- and noticed a large bruise forming along the side of her stomach.

 

"Does it... Does it hurt?" Jessica said quietly, blushing to herself.

 

Yuri was stunned when she felt Jessica's touch delicately tracing the wound. "I-I'll be alright."

 

"No, you need to get this treated!" Jessica closed the distanced between their bodies and looked deep into Yuri's eyes with concern. 

 

The close proximity caught Yuri off guard when she felt some soft melons brush up against her. Yuri stared at Jessica to shoot a remark, but instead, she lost herself in Jessica's eyes.

 

Yuri snapped back to reality and looked away shyly at Jessica being caring. "I-It's fine, really." 

 

"Be quiet, stupid! It's not fine, so you better listen or it'll worsen. Now, come with me." Jessica grabbed Yuri's arm and saw a lanky girl approaching. 

 

"Seriously! I-I'm fi-"

 

"-Hey you, tall person! Help - "

 

Jessica was shoved to the side. "H-Huh?"

 

“KWON YURI !!! ARE YOU OKAY MAN?!” Sooyoung bulldozed Jessica, tiny, little Jessica; and gave Yuri a hug.

 

Instead of murdering Sooyoung, Jessica took a step back with her eyes widened and her entire figure froze in shock. Yuri... K-Kwon Yuri?

 

“Just a little sore.” Yuri managed to respond. She glanced to Jessica and noticed the girl was suddenly zoned out.

 

Kwon... Yuri...? It... It can't be...

 

Sooyoung raised her eyebrow and poked the area where Yuri was holding.

 

“Ow!” Yuri hissed and glared at Sooyoung. “Why would you. ”

 

“Just checking. ” Sooyoung shrugged.

 

“Jessica!” Taeyeon went up to her and crouched down. “Are you hurt anywhere?” 

 

Jessica took her eyes off Yuri and looked at the girl crouching. “I’m not hurt, Taeyeon.” 

 

"Thank god." Taeyeon exhaled with relief.

 

“Taeyeon?” Sunny uttered and approached Taeyeon from behind. “The midget Kim Taeyeon, student president of SM Academy?”

 

“What, is that you Jessica?!” Tiffany also uttered. “Jung Jessica!?” 

 

Seohyun, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Yoona all stepped back and watched the scene.

 

“Whoa…” They all said.

 

Taeyeon turned around to the recognizable voice. “…..Lee Soonkyu!?” 

 

Jessica stood up. “Hi? “

 

“LEE SOONKYU!! I’m so relieved to see you here!” Taeyeon ran to hug Sunny.

 

“It’s SUNNY. ” Sunny let out a sigh and hugged back happily. “Aish, ByunTaeyeon, get your hands off my .” 

 

Taeyeon sheepishly took it off.

 

“SLEEPY HEAD JESSICA !!! You’re in my classes!! Last time I saw you, you talked back to the professor!” Tiffany bounced her way to Jessica. 

 

“Of course... You’re ‘princess-eye smiles to the world- loud girl’  Tiffany.” Jessica said as she hid her smile, even though she felt much at ease after seeing a classmate.

 

“You know me!?” Tiffany asked.

 

“And I HEAR YOU.” Jessica peevishly replied. “Just because I’m dead asleep sometimes, doesn’t mean I don’t notice.”

 

“Sometimes?” Tiffany inquired with a skeptical face.

 

“Yes, sometimes.” Jessica spoke in a steely matter.

 

Both the American girls hugged from the comfort of seeing familiar faces.

 

“Double whoa……” They all said again.

 

The four older girls hugging, turned their attention to the other girls standing there watching them and raised their eyebrows; giving a ‘ what? ’ face.

 

At the exact same time they all raised one hand , and one by one , they responded diligently.

 

“Hi , Kim Hyoyeon.”


“Choi Sooyoung.”

 

“Kwon Yuri.”


“Im Yoona.”

 

“Please to meet your acquaintances unnies, I’m Seohyun.” Seohyun bowed 90 degrees. 

 

Yuri, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, and Yoona peeped their heads out and blinked at Seohyun. 

 

“Unnies, I don’t mean to ruin this delightful moment.” Seohyun spoke. “ But, we have trouble.” 

 

She rotated her body and showed them the pissed off Cerberus that was ready to bite their heads off.

 

All the girls gulped. 

 

“So, what’s the game plan..?” 


-------



Thank you to all those taking the time to read this . Comments & feedbacks are appreciated. 
Have a splendid weekend  <3