Battles in the Sky

Into the Digital World

 

( ゚▽゚)/ ~~ Hi guys, long time no see...  Sorry very sorry! I've had 6 months worth of writers block of epic porportions...Even though I lost the spark to this story, I managed to pull something out and write. It took me a while to figure out how I wanted this story to go. Hope you guys understand... Or if anyone still reads this. If not, that's okay. I'm eventually going to finish this. I have part 2 & 3 ready as well (which is mostly yulsic) I thought i'd divide taeny and yulsic. After re-reading this fic, I've also edited some chapters and added more yulsic(will fit in more cus i miss yulsic), so you can go ahead and find those. Anyway, let's get to it!

 

..........

 


The battle began

 

Enemies continued to come and it was getting out of hand. Everyone was preoccupied, dealing with their own battles. No one had the time to save each other.
 

‘We can get through this.’
 

That was how Tiffany thought, Taeyeon thought, and everyone else thought, she supposed.
 

But when more Demons were deployed, things turned around.
 

“Please stay safe, everyone…” Tiffany prayed desperately as the battle intensified.


……………..
 

 

“Is this all you got?!” Yuri roared as she pulverized a creature in her path. The flaming black pearl shouted in outrage when not one gave her the answer.

 

Yuri began counting off each monster in front of her, pulsing waves of fire that wavered from her body. Every monster was sent flying in all sorts of direction.

 

“Ah, I see that the guest of honour has finally arrive. You’re the first batch of Chosens to get this far with us and still be standing. “

 

Yuri stopped where she was and glared to the owner of the voice. A large, built demon lord holding a staff, with markings on his body appeared before Yuri.

 

Algar clapped as he smirked at the heated girl, “I do hope that you can entertain me until the main event begins.”

 

“UP YOURS!” Yuri growled, recognizing the Demon who first kidnapped her from her friends.

 

The group wasn’t in much of a formation as they didn’t have a lot of time to plan, and the 9 of them didn’t have any experience with life and death moments like this.

 

“I think we’ll do more than entertain.” Taeyeon glared as she loudly stated. “I’d like to think we’ll do so well, you might die from the excitement.

 

Taeyeon lifted her left hand into the air and hurled a sphere of magic.

 

Soon, Algar vanished in a puff of dark smoke, dodging her attack. Taeyeon cursed and lost sight of him.

 

“Now, that was just rude.” Algar said behind Yuri, who widened her eyes.

 

Behind! 

 

“How much of a monster have you become that you do not know the proper manner of allowing one to finish speaking?”

 

Son of a b*tch.  Yuri turned slightly to deliver a left hook, but she met Algar’s staff in her face as he shot out a thick, dark beam.

 

Yuri managed to protect her face with her forearms, causing her arms to steam from the attack.

 

“I’m not….” Yuri croaked, remaining still. “I’m not a monster.”

 

Slowly, she could feel her body twitching from the Spirit’s magic inside her. It was happening again. Something inside her was trying to gnaw its way out.

 

“Gaahhh!” Yuri clutched her chest, panting heavily in her spot.

 

Algar created orbs around Yuri, ready to capture her in this state. “Submit to the Darkness! Accept it!!”

 

Algar began chanting some sort of archaic language, making the orbs around her glow.

 

“Your sole existence is to serve us with the Spirit of Darkness you withhold!”

 

Yuri suppressed the clawing feeling and gritted her teeth, “Says who? My life isn’t written on a script to serve you so I can wallow in despair again!”

 

Yuri dashed forward and swung a flaming kick.  Algar created hexagonal magic to protect him from her attack.

 

Yuri maintained a hateful glare burying into him.

 

“Accept the fate of this reality, child!” Algar’s voice bolded.  

 

Yuri’s dark flames heightened, “I’ll never join your side. You made me hurt my friends… I’ll make you all pay.”

 

“So bet it, I’ll gladly put you on display for the Goddess of Light to watch the end of your life.”

 

Angered from hearing Jessica being a toy for them, Yuri clenched her fists and dived brashly. Her fist collided with Algar’s palm and caused ripples of magic waves due to her strength.

 

“What do you want with her?!” Yuri lowered her head and narrowed her glare.

 

Algar argued and smirked. “She is a valuable asset to you.”

 

Algar flew towards the gate in the sky, easily luring Yuri away from her friends.

 

“Ignorant and foolish.”

 

Yuri’s temper stretched. She felt her heart pound deep in her chest. The Darkness that resided within Yuri became violent and turbulent.

 

Yuri burst with speed as she chased the man.

 

“She has nothing to do with this!” Yuri shouted angrily, her hands were crackling with magic and fired multiple flames that attacked all sides of him.

 

The storm above them mimicked it, rumbling louder and erupting with lightning and thunder.

 

Taeyeon glanced to the side and gritted her teeth when she saw Yuri fire up, “Yuri!”

 

Jessica didn’t waste a moment as she flew beside Taeyeon and gave her an understanding look.

 

“Damn it! Honestly, what the hell is she thinking!?” Taeyeon yelled, her voice echoing oddly with richness in her voice.

 

Taeyeon could only look at Jessica in frustration and shock. “Why would she go on ahead without us?!”

 

Jessica’s eyes slowly shut and her head tilted to the side.

 

“The problem is that she’s not thinking.” Jessica remarked with a frown, ready to follow her hot-headed lover.

 

“Once Yuri’s emotions stir, her mind… She doesn’t quite function correctly.”

 

Taeyeon scowled with frustration, “I know she gets crazy when you’re put at risk, Jessica, but I didn’t think she’d get stupid as well.”

 

Jessica sighed and wore a sad smile before nodding. “I’m going to go catch up to her.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes constricted, not liking the thought of separating at time like this. “Hold on- wait, Jessica! Jessica!”

 

Jessica’s flying figure was already receding, leaving trails of golden sparkles. “Taeyeon, watch out for the others!”

 

Jessica eyes closed in apprehension as she shook her head. Unfortunately for Jessica, she found following Yuri’s trail to be difficult.

 

“Yuri… Now’s not the time to be an out of control idiot.”

 

………….

 

“Ah, you must be infatuated with that useless girl.” Algar made an amused look and fought with his own hexagons which redirected Yuri’s attacks away.

 

“The feeling ‘love’ as you humans call it, is rather a burdensome emotion.”

 

“What’s it to you!? You’re just a demon who only sees death and destruction!”

 

“It’s really quite simple,” Algar said. “Relying on a mere girl to feed your need to protect the one you love is ludicrous.”

 

Yuri rapidly punched him, with her fists lit ablaze, creating a fiery explosion after each contact.

 

“Shut your damn mouth!” Yuri snarled out with rage flowing freely from her. “Who are you to talk down to her?!”

 

Algar’s eyes narrowed dangerously, “Watch what you sa-“

 

Yuri swung another fist, but Algar caught it with his other palm. Torrential dark flames surrounded Yuri even more.

 

“I swear to god, touch one ing hair on her head...” Yuri growled in a low roar.

 

Their faces were inches apart, staring each other down.

 

This b*tch was going down. No one talks about her Jessica like that and gets away with it.

 

No one. 

 

…….

 

“Pay attention to your own enemy, twerp!!”

 

Regal blurred out of sight and dove in with a knee strike into Taeyeon’s abdomen.

 

Taeyeon gasped for air, feeling the incredible strength ram into her. “Sh*t…”

 

“I came all this way to play with you, Chosen.” Regal raised his enormous hammer in front of her.

 

The hammer was no ordinary one. It was the size of an obese Sooyoung.

 

”Come on. I do feel like playing with you a little longer.”

 

Regal lunged at Taeyeon, swiping in all directions.

 

Taeyeon collected herself as she dodged backwards. “Son of a… Damn it. Figured he’d be strong.”

 

“You’re not going anywhere until I’ve had my fun! And don’t act like you don’t want it either.”

 

“The Spirits in you will be drawn out and I must witness the Lord of the Four Great Spirit’s full power!!”

 

Taeyeon snarled at the man, inclining her head towards him. “Listen here. The name’s Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Regal looked at her in confusion.

 

Taeyeon weaved in and out of engagement “If you want a fight so badly, then use my name and not my title.”

 

In a span of milliseconds, Taeyeon clenched her fist hard enough to crack the knuckles. Magic surged into her hand as she reared back and hurled it forward.

 

Regal swung his hammer to bat it away, but Taeyeon’s sphere exploded upon impact. Regal gritted his teeth and glared heatedly at her.

 

A smirk appeared on Taeyeon’s face, “Remember it.”

 

Regal raised his hammer as it started in the clouds and poured down with brutality.

 

Taeyeon blocked it with her two hands as it was inches from tenderizing her small body. A colossal collision in the very centre of the sky. 

 

Taeyeon ignited her entire body and let out a burst of speed, shooting herself upwards. She delivered a head-butting blow under his chin at high speed.

 

Large cracks spread across Regal’s face.

 

“Agh you bastarrd!”

 

“No. It’s Taeyeon.” Taeyeon’s hands glowed and charged up with colourful magic.

 

Both were moving so quick that it defied all logic.

 

Regal reappeared behind Taeyeon charging intensified magic in his hammer and slammed into her back, sending flying across the sky.

 

“Please at least try you arrogant fool… You’re so slow!” Regal watched high above Taeyeon.

 

“Taeyeon!”

 

Tiffany burst out with speed, leaving trails of pink behind her.

 

Taeyeon caught a break and halted herself with multiple tumbles in the sky.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany called out again, which made Taeyeon glance to her direction.

 

In a middle of combat, she found the girl making her way desperately closer. “Tiffa-“

 

“Your back, Taeyeon! It’s steaming!”

 

“…I can handle this… It’s f- “Taeyeon winced gravely.

 

Suddenly, rows of giant hammers with a blue effect surrounded the two. The hammers began to move in a circular motion.

 

Regal giggled evilly. “You were far too arrogant after all. You were sent into this world to shatter our most fervent wish. And just like the other Chosens, you failed.”

 

The hammers launched straight at the two girls who were standing still, trying to figure out what was happening.

 

Taeyeon pushed Tiffany out of the way and kicked a hammer away, “Fany, you’re in the way!”

 

Tiffany huffed out angrily with steam coming out, “What do you mean, I’m in the way?!”

 

“Kim Taeyeon, is that what you say to your girlfriend?!”

 

Taeyeon gulped, as her expression became stiff. Yikes, she thought.

 

“We’ll t-talk about this later!”

 

Suddenly, Taeyeon back flipped in the air and dodged two oncoming hammers.

 

“So fast!” Taeyeon formed balls of magic in both hands and punched away another hammers that came after her.

 

Tiffany dodged instead of taking them head on.

 

“It seems you’re eager to fight, I thought you cared about your friend over there.” Regal spoke with venom at Taeyeon.

 

“This is fearsome… “ Tiffany barely evaded another one. Her heart was racing, she couldn’t afford a mistake or it would be over.

 

But as soon as she did, she encountered four giant hammers in all directions.

 

“Apparently, she’s not very violent. What a simpleton.” Regal smiled darkly.

 

Taeyeon immediately turned in shock, “Tiffany!”

 

Regal’s smirk grew wide, “LORD OF THE GREAT FOUR SPIRITS, LET US END THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!”

 

“TIFFANY DODGE IT!” Taeyeon screamed as she pushed off with all her adrenaline and strength.

 

Tiffany shut her eyes and suddenly, pink magic began to swirl around her.

 

“PINK POWER!” Tiffany shouted, and blessed arte of pink beams shot in all angles.

 

“Whoa!” Taeyeon twirled at the unexpected style of attack. “SH*T! That was a close one.”

 

“It-It worked!” Tiffany smiled widely and exhaled with huge relief.

 

Regal scoffed, “Nothing more than amateurs… What?”

 

Suddenly, he found Taeyeon appear before him, now looking much more demonic than before.

 

What he hadn’t notice was whirling in between Taeyeon’s hands was an intense mass of magic. And all at once, she launched the attack right into the heart of Regal.

 

Regal screamed a deafening screech.

 

“What’s wrong Demon Lord? Sounded like you cried for real just now!”

 

Regal’s touched the goo that oozed out from his wound and looked at it.  “Chosens… Shouldn’t get carried away!”

 

“Speak for yourself.”

 

Tiffany flew from behind and leaned on Taeyeon, giving her a peck to her lips. “Safe… Thanks TaeTae.”

 

“Safe?” Regal asked aloud, interrupting their moment and began to laugh. “Safe!? You’re about to die! I don’t see anything safe about that!”

 

Taeyeon glared at Regal, “Jackass. Mouthing off sh*t like that after I gave him a lesson.”

 

Taeyeon summoned radiant magic along her arms and pumped her powers until it gathered around her. “I’ll show you what happens when you try to go against mere Chosens.”

 

She accelerated and out a combo of punches and kicks. Sparks of magic started flying everywhere.

 

Taeyeon uppercut Regal higher into the air and used this opportunity to manipulate the wind around them. But then, Regal’s hands became shiny and came hurdling down towards Taeyeon.

 

“Hold still, you brat!!” Regal soared towards Taeyeon with rage.

 

Taeyeon felt danger spark in her mind and flew back as fast as possible. Regal came onto her and started to send a barrage of attacks with his breaker hands. The two exchanged blows as Taeyeon easily parried with Regal’s grown hammer hands.

 

Both of them disappeared in a burst of speed, followed by a clash of power, and appearing ready for another strike.

 

Regal swung his demonic hammer with incredible speed, generating a cover of dark magic. “You are a disappointment to the Great Four Spirits!!”

 

Taeyeon braced for the attack and created a special barrier suitable for this onslaught.

 

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany screamed when Taeyeon didn’t show any plan of dodging.

 

Regal scoffed, accepting the win when he knew not one could survive one of his strongest attacks.

 

“Is that it?”

 

Regal narrowed his vision, fuming as the two were left floating in a field of smoke.

 

“What? That’s all you’ve got? You got my hopes up for nothing.”  Taeyeon smirked.

 

Regal flinched and watched in surprise when Taeyeon was unscathed.

 

Taeyeon held his hammer hands above her head with her two palms and crushed it with ease.

 

Regal’s eyes widened in shock as Taeyeon shattered his evolutionary weapon. “Preposterous!”

 

“If you want to live, then you’d better step up. I’m raising the stakes.”  Taeyeon rolled her shoulders and opened and closed her hands.

 

The sky rumbled and flashed, shaking everyone to the core.

 

A breath escaped Taeyeon as she lifted her opened palms. Her figure was cloaked with prismatic hues, amplifying her powers.  One vibrantly hued magic seal opened, then another one.

 

Releasing her magic seals on each hand, she clapped her hands together suddenly.

 

Taeyeon grinned, “Try not to fall too quickly, now.”

 

An explosive pulse erupted outwards, tearing and ripping the air in front of her. Regal summoned a shield to protect him from this power, but it shatter instantly.

 

Taeyeon used her advantage and dashed towards him, unleashing a barrage of punches and kicks. Regal tried to match her blow for blow, but he couldn’t find his footing.

 

Taeyeon lifted her right hand and chanted, “I call upon the elements of the Four Great Spirits!”

 

Her prismatic iris whirled intensely. Magic pooled into her figure, cloaking her completely. The air flickered in response to the gathering of power, as she concentrated on her right hand. Her body pulsated with power.

 

She pointed her open palm at him and cannoned out an overwhelming, destructive stream of power.

 

ELEMENTAL CANNON!!!” Taeyeon shouted fiercely.

 

The attack was so strong, her arm was shaking from the violent magnitude of magic, which she needed to use her free hand to hold her outstretched arm.

 

Regal’s eyes widened in shock and quickly gathered all his magic that he had and created an angular shield, hoping it would curve above him.

 

The blast of magic slammed into the shield, completely disintegrating and Regal was engulfed in the vibrant, hued magic.

 

It felt like an eternity had passed until the brilliant, light died down, but it was only a few seconds.

 

Taeyeon grinned lightly, “I do have to give my thanks to you.” She watched him hunch over, open wounds that river out with black blood.

 

“For helping me activate another level of my powers.”

 

There was a whoosh through the air and Regal’s ears perked. “Wha-!“

 

However, it was too late. Tiffany had pulled his head backwards and kneed him at the back of the head, causing it to crack. 

 

Taeyeon flipped through the air with her feet glowing in a typhoon of magic and brought down a devastating drop kick.

 

Regal was sent hurling, colliding with a mass of demon creatures, destroying his army in the process.

 

Taeyeon breathed out tiredly as she felt a moment of relief.

 

Then, as if there was a static telepathy, she twitched.

 

Taeyeon… There is a way to survive this world… A way…

 

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows and felt her head pound, holding her head.

 

When it’s time you must perform this technique… However, be wary of the result and what might happen to you…

 

Taeyeon stared in a daze and whispered, “M-Martel?...”

 

Taeyeon shook her head to wake herself up. “Technique? What was that about…”

 

Taeyeon looked at the area around her and brought her gaze to the girl waiting for her. She stared at her in beauty as if she was painting a picture of Tiffany in her mind.

 

“Tiffany.” Taeyeon approached Tiffany with a craving kiss that caught the girl by surprise.

 

“T-TaeTae?”

 

Taeyeon didn’t let Tiffany utter another word as she concentrated on the feeling of her lips. Tiffany felt her fingers starting to comb through Taeyeon’s hair, while Taeyeon’s hands began running up and down her back.

 

After a few more moments, the two pulled away reluctantly.

 

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked breathlessly, “What was that all about?”

 

Taeyeon looked into her eyes. “I-I…”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Tiffany watched her carefully; because for some reason, the girl looked nervous as if she were hiding something.

 

“…I love you so much Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany relieved a smile, “You silly bear… I love you too.”

 

“I really mean it. Even when we’re… We’re apart… I’ll always be in there.” Taeyeon placed her palm on Tiffany’s heart with melancholy eyes.

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with a mix of curiosity and worriment. “Why are you saying all these things, Taeyeon?”

 

Taeyeon glanced away, “I… I just really want you to know how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you in my life… To love me even accepting all my faults…”

 

“TaeTae…” Tiffany felt her heartbeat faster, wearing a loving, fond smile on her face.

 

Tiffany tackled Taeyeon causing Taeyeon to grunt when she felt the body suddenly collide into her.

 

Tiffany wrapped her arms around Taeyeon and whispered into her ear, “I love you, Taeyeon... And thank you.”

 

During their moment, the two quickly phased back to battle mode when they sensed a disturbance.

 

“It’s o-only a matter of time...” Regal muttered in a low roar, his voice inching from death.

 

Taeyeon held Tiffany closely, staring the demon lord down with burning eyes. “What did you say?”

 

“You see it yourself don’t you?” Regal brought her attention to the black gate in the sky.

 

“Look at the mass of darkness expansion.”

 

Taeyeon clenched her fists nervously as she watched the darkness in the sky expanding quickly. They were running out of time.

 

Talk about a time crunch.
 

 

………….

 

So, i thought i'd let you guys know about the lack of scene for the other girls, I figured the taeny and yulsic were more important and interesting.

Cheers to an update! Hope this chapter made sense... It's 2am and I think I should reunite with my bed.

If you guys want pt 2 & 3 up soon (yulsic centric), let me know in the comments below. If not then I'll just post it when I'm alive!  ^^