First Training

Into the Digital World

 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ *Throws a chapter*

-----

 

The Wyvern spread out its arms and used its wings to send the girls flying away. The girls weren’t ready for the surprise attack and skid against the ground. Some were athletically enough to land less painfully than others.

 

"Well that was rude.” Tiffany irritatingly picked herself up.

 

“Ow…”

 

“Stand back.” Taeyeon told her friends. 

 

“Don’t mind if I do! “ Sooyoung shoved Yuri in front of her.

 

The push made Yuri bump into Jessica, causing Jessica to turn her head and glare at Yuri and Sooyoung. And just when Jessica was about to strangle the two, she was stopped by Taeyeon’s voice of authority.

 

“Sunny, Seohyun, thoughts?”  Taeyeon hurriedly asked.

 

“Funny you should ask...” Sunny replied unsurely. “Well… We have incredible disadvantage because it can fly.”

 

“Not only that, I’m not quite certain on the Wyverns abilities.” Seohyun added.

 

“Basically, you’re saying you don’t have any helpful information.” Taeyeon concerned at the horrible start.

 

“Give us some time to observe, in the meanwhile, test it.” Sunny solidly stated.

 

“You got it,” Taeyeon turned to the girls. “Watch out for each other.”

 

“Aye aye captain!” Sooyoung jokingly saluted at her. 

 

The 7 girls dashed towards the Wyvern and circled it. The Wyvern spun its head to see it was surrounded, letting out a cry.

 

Yoona slammed her two fist down to the ground with incredible strength, causing a sinkhole directly under the Wyvern. The Wyvern descended to its hind legs. 

 

Jessica used the opportunity as she froze the ground and accelerated the ice around the Wyvern. She made her ice consume the top half of its body, freezing the Wyvern to make it stuck in its place. 

 

“Good enough.” Jessica shrugged.

 

Hyoyeon hovered a huge pool of water and dropped it on the Wyverns head, soaking its entire monstrous body. Then, she skillfully glided on Jessica’s frozen ground and skated while hosing out high pressured water all around the Wyvern.

 

Sooyoung used the water as a conductor and blasted her lightning, electrocuting it, as clouds steamed off its body.

 

The Wyvern screeched at their annoying attacks and flapped its wings at the girls grounded, then went roaring upwards. Now the Wyvern was flying in the air. The Wyvern folded its wings, then expanded it, and attacked with air pressure.

 

Yoona summoned a huge terrain to blocked the attack for Hyoyeon and Sooyoung . Then she placed her palm on the ground and a land wall emerged from the ground to shield Tiffany and Yuri. Jessica used one hand to create a big block of ice to shield herself and Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany charged at the Wyvern and used her pink power beam, but the Wyvern deflected it right back. Having the beam aiming directly above her, she quickly ducked. “Yikes!”

 

Yuri dashed right by Tiffany and out a flamethrower upwards from her arm. Burning part of the Wyverns webbed wing. 

 

“Coming through!” Taeyeon ran towards Yuri. 

 

Yuri put out her hands to use as a platform for her. “Grow midget!” 

 

Taeyeon jumped onto Yuri’s hands and a grunt was heard from Yuri propelling Taeyeon up incredibly high.

 

In air, Taeyeon set her two fists side by side, forming a huge colourful magic sphere and aimed at the Wyverns head. It grew to the size of a fat, bulky ball, and shot it out like a cannon.  She recoiled back from the power.

 

Tiffany ran to the falling Taeyeon and managed to catch her in her arms.

 

“Gotcha!” Tiffany grunted as she helped Taeyeon back on her feet.

 

“Thanks for catching me Tippany!” Taeyeon smiled thankfully.

 

Tiffany felt a blush form and looked away. “You’re welcome.”

 

Taeyeon saw Tiffany suddenly act differently and noticed her awkward movements. But, she didn’t think much of it. She looked to her right and saw someone standing oh- so- casually.

 

“Jessica! Don’t just stand there! You wanna try helping?!” 

 

Jessica lazily looked to her left to see a small person yelling at her. She groaned and signaled with disinterest at her icy floor as proof.

 

"Ugh, this weird midget."

 

Jessica decided to try something out with her magic.  She extended her arm and formed an Ice saucer. She did the same to her other arm, and now both of her arms are occupied with Ice saucers.  Jessica swung her arms and aimed them towards the Wyvern, she managed to hit one at the bridge of its nose.

 

She managed to piss it off and saw it charging towards her. 

 

Jessica cursed under her breath, she knew she wouldn’t be able to outrun it so, she braced for impact as she formed an ice shield to protect herself.  

 

Jessica's in dangerYuri saw the Wyvern’s talons enhanced, she shouted. “YOONA!"

 

The ground rippled towards her and then a piece of terrain rose to push Yuri, shooting her forward. Yuri tumbled in the air and was hit with jet streams under her feet. She charged up her flames and covered her head. 

 

Just as Jessica was about to have the Wyvern strike her, in the corner of her eye, she saw a fiery Yuri torpedoing her way.

 

Yuri shoulders the side of the Wyverns head, forcing it off to the side.  She left a dented charred mark on the scales, causing the Wyvern to screech. 

 

Yuri toppled over its dragon-like head and landed on her stomach. She got up and wobbled on her two feet, holding her head where a bruise was forming. 

 

She smiled goofily at Jessica, “Heh, that was a close one.”

 

Jessica let out a breath of relief and tackled Yuri with a tight hug, her arms around Yuri's waist and head buried in her chest. The embrace gave her the warm feeling she longed for. 

 

"J-Jessica?"

 

Stupid Yuri.

 

…..


Seohyun continued to search for the weak point.

 

"Sunny unnie, there!”

 

She directed her finger to the Wyverns soft front. “It keeps protecting its pale white area from its neck downwards.”

 

“Nice, Seohyun!” Sunny yelled out. “How are you with your wind power?”

 

“I’m not really sure… Why?”

 

“If we can fly them like this,” Sunny’s body began to levitate. 

 

“We’ll surely be able to beat it.”

 

Yoona gasped at the floating Sunny. “That’s amazing, Sunny-unnie!”

 

“Is it really that amazing?” Sunny twirled in the air comfortably. “Seohyun-ah,  you try it with your wind powers.”

 

“People cannot fly…”

 

Tiffany overheard the conversation amongst the  chaos and threw a neon pink orb at the Wyvern. “Wh-What a dreamless child!”

 

“You’ll never fly thinking that way. Come come!” Yoona dragged the proper girl by the arm.

 

Sunny exhaled at the rational and sensible girl, “Seohyun is too overly constrained by common sense. The potential of our powers is the power of imagination.”

 

“If she can’t free herself of common sense, the path won’t open.“ Tiffany shrugged, watching Yoona take something out of her pocket.

 

Yoona dug her hand into her pants and pulled something out.

 

“Th-This?” Seohyun looked at crumbled item. 

 

“It’s one of my sources of imagination… Though it’s quite embarrassing to admit.” Yoona shyly gave a crumbled piece of picture of a flying rilakkuma to Seohyun.

 

Seohyun held the picture and her eye twitched, “This absurd act ignores aerodynamics. Not to mention gravity, inertia, and the third law of motion.”

 

“Uhm… It’s fake, so you shouldn’t think so hard about it…”

 

“No, it’s probably impossible… Even you telling me this, I don’t understand the principles behind flight. It doesn’t give me a concrete image. It doesn’t appear to use buoyancy, as a blimp does. So I can only imagine it falls under the laws of flight pertaining to airplanes that centre around life. But if so, then the formula for lift…”

 

Yoona’s brain was throbbing from simply listening to the gunfire words of Seohyun.  

 

“Jeez Hyunnie, your knowledge is incredible… However, using your head like that is no good in this case. Look at us! Ignore the logic and processes! Become a mindless optimistic kind of girl!“

 

Tiffany overhead that and furrowed her brows. “But,  it sounds like you’re really insulting yourself … AND ME!”

 

“Well…” Yoona casually whistled and avoided eye contact.

 

“Unnies, I-I don’t know if I can,” Seohyun bit her lip. “But, I will try.”

 

Sunny smiled warmly at Seohyun and felt pumped up. “We have faith in you, Seohyun-ah. So, who should we use as guinea pigs?”

 

They examined their choices on the field.

 

“NOT Meeeeeeeee…. !!” Yoona’s voiced echoed as she ran back to the girls battling the Wyvern.

 

“I guess we can cross out, Yoona- unnie.”

 

“Sooyoung …? Can’t trust her.”

 

“How about Hyoyeon unnie?”

 

“I’m afraid of what goes on inside her mind.”

 

Seohyun laughed. “That’s true. Tiffany unnie?”

 

“NOOOO!!”

 

“Well, there’s our answer.” Sunny cupped at Tiffany who returned to the fight. “THANKS FOR HELPING US OUT!”

 

“YOUR WELCOME! ~  “

 

“…Hm… Jessica unn-“

 

Sunny cut her off. “Rather not.” 

 

“Then that leaves us with Taeyeon unnie and Yuri unnie,” Seohyun concluded.

 

“I can’t believe we’re relying on a byun and a kkab.” Sunny let out a sigh. “I’ll control Taeyeon and you take Yuri.”

 

“Okay.”


…..


Taeyeon felt herself having an encapsulate power seeping out with a spectrum of colours spiraling around her. Clenching her fists, she generated veriscolour magic on her hands.  Suddenly, her feet lost contact with the ground and her view of all things started to rise.

 

A look down, she saw herself elevated. 

 

“Taeyeon-ah! Yuri-ah! ” Sunny yelled loudly as she was levitating Taeyeon. “Go after its white dermis!”

 

Yuri took a moment to get used to being flown up without her control. She looked back at her friends to see a waving Seohyun and Sunny.

 

After, hearing Sunny inform her of their method, she pointed at Seohyun, then back at herself to confirm which one of the two was flying her around. Seohyun proved it by gliding her left and right.

 

“White part it is.” Yuri muttered to herself. 

 

Yuri turned her head to Jessica, “You heard them, right?” 

 

Jessica heard a lot more things in her head than that. “Y-Yeah.”

 

Yuri stared at Jessica and reached over, placing her palm on Jessica's forehead. "Are you feeling okay? You've been spacing out a lot."

 

Jessica froze, her body in completely stillness, however, not her emotions though. Her face flushed a deep red and shook her head timidly. "I-I'm fine! I'm fine, really!"

 

Yuri removed her hand from Jessica's forehead and smiled. Totally oblivious to Jessica's reaction. "That's a relief! It would be kinda hard to nurse you in the middle of combat. But, if I had to I will."

 

Yuri grinned and playfully placed her hand on her heart, as though she was making a vow.

 

Jessica chuckled softly answering.

 

"Thanks Yuri... How kind of you." Jessica blushed and stuck her tongue out playfully. "I'm sure Taeyeon and the others can survive without you for a few minutes to care for me."

 

“Whatever! I bet you’re gonna miss all your hits!” Yuri teased, and then was unexpectedly sent soaring up. “Wait- Whooooaaaa!!!……”

 

Jessica watched amusingly at Yuri who looked disorientated by Seohyun’s wind power. Her feelings swirling with joy and happiness.

 

“Still pestering people I see.” Jessica smiled softly.

 

Yuri screamed as she was being fluctuated up and down.  “Seohyun! Don’t drop me!!” 

 

“Sorry Unnie, you’re just really heavy!” Seohyun simply shouted back.

 

Yuri could barely be heard. “YAAAAhhh!! I’m not faaaaa…….”  

 

In the background, Jessica saw Taeyeon’s small body frame skyrocket to the Wyvern, her body was mostly a blur.

 

She’d better not let her thoughts wander too much. Jessica saw her other friends trying to help by throwing as much of their power at it. But, continued to miss horribly. Their tantrums could be heard across the field.

 

“I can’t hit it! Why do I keep missing!!”

 

“At least yours is able to reach it, mine doesn’t even make it half way!”

 

Hyoyeon yelled to a running Tiffany. “What are you doing?!”

 

“This way! C’mon!” Tiffany motioned the three girls to get closer to it.

 

Yoona shook her head and huffed, putting her hands on her hips. She thought deeply on ways to match the Wyvern. And moments later, she smirked. A mischevious look plastered all over her face.

 

Yoona knelt down and slammed her open palms against the ground. "C'mon... C'mon work!"

 

A massive rumble began to shake the earth.

 

The girls turned back, completely thrown off by the sudden vibrations.

 

Then a sudden rise in magic power drew the girls attention as large form started to grow right in front of the Wyvern.

 

"GGGGGOLLEEEEMMMMM!!!!!!!" Yoona yelled throatily.

 

It was Yoona's imagination brought to real life, her Golem took form in a Earthy yellow colour as it took on a Titan Golem form. 

 

The power of imagination.

 

Sooyoung's eyes bulged out in total shock. "WHAT THE F**K IS THAT!?!?!??!!?"

 

"Y-YOONA!?!??!" 

 

Awesome!! This is so awesome! Yoona was extremely ecstatic and astonished by her creation. She then  comfortably plopped herself on top of the Golem's head and smiled widely.

 

"GOLLEEEMMMMM ATTACKK!!!" Yoona yelled.

 

The Golem's sizing was easily catching up to the Wyvern. And as soon as the Golem was large enough, it took hold of the Wyvern's head, keeping it under its terrain arms. 

 

The Wyvern pushed against Yoona's Golem, but the Golem held on fast, keeping the Wyvern from moving forward. It began to smash the Wyvern's back with its massive earth arms.

 

Everyone stared wide-eyed at the creation. Ridiculously unbelievable. 

 

Yuri's lip twitched, "Holy sh*t!"

 

Hyoyen gawked, "I think... I think maybe we'll actually defeat this thing!"

 

"GO YOONA-UNNIE!!!" Seohyun cheered her on like the proud girlfriend she wasn't.

 

The Wyvern let out a growl before lashing out with its tail towards the Golem. Unfortunately, Yoona was still new to her magic and wasn't able to avoid getting hit. The Wyvern's tail swung fiercely, destroying the Golem's legs.

 

"OH MY F***KING GOD!!" Yoona shouted, falling down with the Golem as she held on for dear life.

 

The Golem began to slowly fade due to Yoona's lack of experience with sustaining magic. And soon enough, it disappeared, leaving Yoona frozen in shock, blinking multiple times before falling from the sky.

 

"Maybe not."  

 

"AAAAHHHHHH!!!- Huh?" Yoona realized she was being gently lowered to the ground. She looked around and felt the wind gusting around her body. Yoona smiled and looked at Seohyun. "SEOHYUN!! I OWE YOU MY LIFE!!!"

 

Seohyun blushed madly, "Your welcome, unnie."

 

"AHHHHHHHH WHAT THE HELL SEOHYUN!!!!"

 

Yuri was replaced by Yoona.

 

Once Yoona landed safely, she looked at Yuri who was freaking out and dropping high from the sky. Immediately after, Yuri was  being flown in a safer matter.

 

.................

 

In the far corner, Jessica created her ice saucers again, trying to pinpoint the white skin that Sunny informed them of. 

 

The Wyvern was surprised to see Taeyeon and Yuri in the sky with it. However, it didn’t care and attacked the two girls with its tail. 

 

The girls sharply evaded the attack.  Yuri then countered with her flamed-full fists, burning off the scales. Without leaving contact with the tail, Yuri grabbed a hold of it, unleashing a surge of fire under the tail, then onto its pale white skin. 

 

The Wyvern squirmed and tried to wag Yuri off, but, Yuri refused to let go. Instead, she increased her flames.

 

From Taeyeon’s aerial point of view, she saw two ice saucers coming her way. 

 

“Sunny!” Taeyeon shouted.

 

Her body shifted abruptly higher, she split her legs a part and dodged the first one. Then, flipped her to the right to evade Jessica’s second high speed ice saucer. But, Sunny couldn’t calculate the second one perfectly, so it zipped passed Taeyeon’s and cut the side of her thigh.

 

Taeyeon felt her thigh burn. There was a slight discomfort, but she didn’t let it affect her.

 

“Damn it.” Jessica cursed.

 

“Sunny! Full speed, please!”  Taeyeon planned to finish this in one move.

 

Sunny concentrated all her magic on Taeyeon, sending her max speed.  Taeyeon swiped her arms in a circular fashion, creating a powerful torrent of colourful hues and barraged the Wyverns weak spot.  The Wyvern roared as it was being defeated. Sunny pulled Taeyeon back.

 

“Now!” Taeyeon yelled to her friends below her. 

 

Yoona summoned large squared rock formations, hoisting up Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon. They were able to properly aim now. 

 

Large masses of pink energy were gathered around Tiffany’s open hands. Producing two identical pink spheres, she shot out the two projectiles and staggered back from the momentum of the discharge.

 

Hyoyeon beamed out jets of high pressured water in the spot where Tiffany hit, adding to the damage. Sooyoung developed electricity on her fingers, assaulting it with charges of lightning bolts.

 

However, Yuri was still holding onto the tail and got jolted by the lightning and quickly let go. 

 

The Wyvern’s milky white underside started to disintegrate. Pieces started to pixelate, eventually, evaporating into the digital particles. 

 

…..

 

“Yeah! We’re frickin’ amazing!” Sooyoung jumped for joy. Pointing up her index fingers in the air while squirting out weak lightning bolts - in effort to make fireworks. 

 

"AND YOUR FRICKIN GOLEM, YOONA! HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!" Hyoyeon threw her arms in disbelief.

 

"You see, that is the benefit of being such a creative person." Yoona crossed her arms  and a happy smile grew upon her features.

 

Hyoyeon ruffled Yoona's hair, "That's my little choding!!"

 

Yoona wore a large smile, "Yuri unnie! You were so cool up there! And Taeyeon-unnie, you were awesome! You were like this , this and this!” Yoona tried to copy Taeyeon’s moves by doing some embarrassing karate chops and kicks.

 

"You gotta teach me how you made that Golem, Yoona." Taeyeon said, grinning lightly.

 

Yuri shyly rubbed the back of her neck and smiled. “We all just work well together.”

 

“Thanks to these geniuses.” Taeyeon patted Seohyun’s shoulder and Sunny’s head. 

 

“Got that right.” Sunny said with recognition.

 

“Thank you, Taeyeon- unnie. We apologize for not being more prepared.” Seohyun bowed.

 

“Taeyeon! Your leg!”  Tiffany gasped at the sight and inspected it. 

 

Taeyeon slightly rotated it to get a better view. “Oh, I think it was from Jessica.”

 

“That looks painful!” Hyoyeon grimaced.

 

Jessica defended herself. “Uh? Maybe if you didn’t get in the way.”

 

“What?! There’s so much room in the god damn sky and you were only able to hit me?” Taeyeon retaliated back.

 

“Exactly.” Jessica looked at her nails. “There’s so much space up there, yet you couldn’t move out of the way?”

 

Taeyeon scoffed and copied Jessica’s posture by looking at her own nails, and mocked, “Look at me, I’m Jesshika, I’m so smart.” She said with a weird face and a snarky voice.

 

Jessica glared at the girl mimicking her. “I don’t sound like that.”

 

Taeyeon felt the angry stare through her bones, she shivered. It was as though she had cold feet. 

 

Taeyeon looked down. “Yah!”

 

Her feet were literally frozen. 

 

“Oops.” Jessica shrugged. 

 

Jessica scrunched up her nose. “But, that’s really grossing me out. Stay still weirdo.”

 

Jessica kneeled beside Taeyeon and released a frosty mist.

 

Tiffany watched on as Jessica tended to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon yelped from the sudden coldness. 

 

“Careful, Jessica!” Tiffany said in a tone louder than necessary.

 

Jessica was caught by surprise from Tiffany’s loud worriment. “Too cold?” 

 

Taeyeon examineed the Jessica who happened to be just below her. verted thoughts danced around her mind.  So hot… Oh crap, she’s staring at me. Say something!

 

“No no, it just surprised me,” Taeyeon reassured her. “Do continue. Please. Please. Do.”

 

Soon after, Taeyeon let out an ahjumma laugh from the tingling that tickled her.

 

Tiffany watched on as Jessica tended to Taeyeon. She felt the urge to want to help too.  So, she did. She got up and grabbed Taeyeon’s one arm, and rested it around her neck. Then, slipped her hand around Taeyeon’s waist.

 

“Tiffany?” Taeyeon startled at the action.

 

“Let me help you walk.” Tiffany suggested, actually, more like told. 

 

“It’s like a paper cut. I can walk fine.”

 

“Paper cut? that is not a paper cut.” 

 

“Seriously, it’s okay,” Taeyeon insisted nicely. She awkwardly separated Tiffany’s arm around her waist, and brought her arm over Tiffany’s shoulders down.

 

“I only wanted to help…”

 

The cut on Taeyeon’s thigh was not critical. It didn’t make her crippled at all. People make it seem as if she was incapable over the littlest things. If she needed or wanted help, she’d ask for it. She didn’t know why Tiffany was so hung up on aiding her when this was simply nothing. 

 

"I’d take her offer Taeyeon, we wouldn’t want that to get worse.” Yuri tried to convince Taeyeon.

 

“Really! It's very much tolerable!” Taeyeon straightened out.

 

Amidst of the bickering, Sooyoung’s quirked an eyebrow and tippy toed. Her tall height gave her a different view past the girls.

 

“Guys, guys, guys,” Sooyoung tapped the air aimlessly. “Check that out!!”

 

All the girls turned Sooyoung’s direction. Straining their necks and going on their toes, they couldn’t see what she saw.

 

Hyoyeon swayed to both sides, “What are we trying to look at?”

 

“Maybe this giraffe’s hunger went to her head and saw some pork cutlet.” Sunny imagined it being absolutely possible.

 

“YAH! I am hungry though……. But LOOK!!” Sooyoung vigorously pointed with her index finger.

 

“We ARE looking!” Taeyeon counterclaimed.

 

“Look harder!”

 

“Aish…” Yoona crossed her arms and stomped the ground with her right foot.

 

Everyone suddenly rose upwards. They saw it.

 

“Daebak..…”

 

-----

 

Hi readers, I'd like to thank you all again for taking a chance at this  :D 

Until next time <3