Girl's Intuition

Into the Digital World

 

( ゚▽゚)/ ~ Hi all how are you guys doing? An UPDATE! FINALLY!! I know it's been a while .. 

 Let me how you feel about this chapter, it helps me improve. I hadn't heard too much of a response from the last chapter, I hope it wasn't too boring. I always worry about those things. 

& Thank you for the continued encouragement, you make my miserable life that much happier hahah <3  

Let's go!

 

---------

 

The 9 girls arrived at the foot of the Forbidden Temple.
 

“This is it.” Taeyeon said anxiously. “Martel, do you see our position?”
 

“…Danger… Lost.. Agic…”
 

“Martel!” Taeyeon half yelled. The girls flinched at the raise from Taeyeon’s voice. Tiffany looked at her worriedly.
 

“Girls… Dis…Conn... Carefu-” Martel’s broken voice static to their ears.
 

Taeyeon waited in silence before bringing her attention to her friends’ tensed expressions. “Damn it, we lost her.”
 

“…Well, Martel would get in the way for constantly reprimanding us anyway.” Yoona said, trying to lighten up the situation.
 

Taeyeon turned away and faced the double doors. She knew any sort of scurrying or sounds might give away our position to an enemy.  If their enemies were able to counter Goddess Martel, then what they were going to face… Could they even handle it?
 

“Here we go...” Taeyeon heaved, as they began their mission. She felt slightly foolish for having nervous thoughts running amuck.
 

Taeyeon pushed the hefty, rune double doors open, finding themselves to be met with pitch black. The walls were covered in vines and ivy. Taeyeon led the way inside as they’d all gotten through the doors. Together they inched deeper at a warily, slow pace. The floor looked like they could cave in at any second.
 

“I can’t see anything.” Sooyoung obviously announced.
 

The screech of the metallic rune doors filled their ears as it slowly closed in on its own, scraping against the concrete floor.
 

*BANG*

 

The doors behind them slammed shut, creaking the entire Temple as small rocks from the ceiling rained to the ground.


Jessica shrieked and accidentally bumped into another body. The said body, firmly held Jessica by the arm.

 

It frightened Jessica again and she emitted magic towards the figure, letting out another ear piercing scream.
 

“Let go!!”
 

“Oww ow ow! Sica!” Yuri quickly retracted.
 

Jessica was radiating golden light, like bonfire of high-density magic. The bright light suddenly accenting everything within the area. But it suddenly diminished, as if something was suppressing their magic. However, this went unnoticed to everyone.
 

“Sica, it’s me, it’s me…” Yuri hushed her and wrapped Jessica’s trembling, petite body in her arms.
 

Jessica calmed down from hearing her husky, protective voice.
 

“Yuri…” She whimpered and pressed herself closer into Yuri’s chest.
 

“AHHH!”  Tiffany latched herself onto Taeyeon.
 

The sudden body contact startled Taeyeon, she peered at her shoulder and squinted. “Tiffany, are you alright?”
 

Tiffany was hiding her face in Taeyeon’s shoulder, Taeyeon felt Tiffany’s head rub side-to-side. Tiffany wasn’t okay.
 

“Taeyeon, I’m afraid of the dark…” Tiffany buried her face deeper into Taeyeon’s bold shoulder.
 

Taeyeon blinked several times at the intimacy, her heart was racing. “D-Do you want to wait here?”
 

Tiffany tightened her grip. “…No, I can’t.”
 

Tiffany couldn’t leave her friends to fight. This entire adventure was a test of her coward self. She was always a scaredy-cat but it would disappear as things were simply handed to her. And yet so far, she’s been losing.
 

“I understand… But please tell me when it becomes too much for you.” Taeyeon said with serious concern. Tiffany’s worriment was also Tayeon’s business too. She would be there for Tiffany whenever she needed her.
 

Tiffany blushed, she loved the care Taeyeon had for her. It was like being with a guardian angel.
 

She leaned in and her melons pushed up Taeyeon. “I can manage, I don’t want to be a burden…”
 

Taeyeon’s seriousness disappeared once this feeling was heating up her heart; her whole body. Fortunately, she was at the front of the group or else her reddened face would’ve lighten up the room.
 

Soon, she felt warmth in her hand. She looked at it and saw Tiffany’s holding it tightly with fright. Without thinking, Taeyeon began Tiffany’s hand reassuringly with her thumb.
 

The thought of them being so close together made her heart pound. Taeyeon liked it, she wanted to keep feeling this way. “Tiffany, I want you to stay close to me, okay? This will be over soon.”
 

Taeyeon’s told her without a hint of deceit in her eyes.
 

“I’ll make sure of it.”
 

……..

 

The girls ventured deeper and found themselves approaching a single dark pathway. It was a narrow hallway, made of rough, black stones.
 

Taeyeon glanced at the aisle, and after a moment, said, “Sunny, check the map please.” 
 

Sunny motioned her hand and the fuzzy hologram appeared.
 

“One way,” Sunny murmured, rotating and zooming in and out, before glancing back at Taeyeon.
 

“It looks like the source is lying in the centre of this Temple.”
 

Taeyeon studied the hologram as well, “It seems so.”
 

“Is this really alright?” Yuri asked with an uncertain voice.
 

“What do you mean, Yuri?” Jessica asked. She felt tension around Yuri, although it was hard to tell because of the obscurity.
 

“This seems surprisingly simple,” Yuri began, trying to explain. “I vaguely remember images of this place when they kidnapped me and I don’t recall it being this obvious… Isn’t it too easy?”
 

“Hmm…Yeah… We probably should have seen… Something, by now.” Jessica said, giving voice to the same uncertainty. She concentrated on herself as she tried to release her magic to give vision, but it was as though something was sealing her powers.
 

“I was kind of wondering that myself.” Taeyeon said speculatively. “It looks like we’re on the right track though.”
 

Taeyeon took the first step and began leading the group down the eerie stairs. “So the only thing we can do is push forward.”
 

Yoona followed suite and grazed her hand along the wall, as they all walked towards whatever the end was leading them. “Oh yeah, let’s rush headlong into danger. What’s the worst that could happen?”
 

“I don’t know,” Hyoyeon shrugged, “Or to be more precise… I really don’t know.”
 

The girls were already several steps down the staircase, descending into the gloom.
 

“Say… What’s gonna happen once we’ve found them...?” Tiffany questioned, shutting her eyes as she let Taeyeon guide her.
 

“We do what we do best, Tiffany. Wreak havoc and stress out whoever comes at us.” Sooyoung crept closely behind Sunny.
 

Sunny cocked her head at Sooyoung, whispering sharply. “Personal space.”
 

“I suppose…” Tiffany neutrally replied with a quiet voice half to herself and half to Sooyoung.
 

How pathetic, Tiffany thought, the idea of getting in the way invaded her optimistic mind.
 

Tiffany wanted to be one of the front liners of her friends. She did her best when it was only Jessica and herself, but since then, she was afraid, terrified. She couldn’t bring herself aggressively enough to the mentality of Taeyeon or Yuri, or even Jessica, who were always pushing forward.
 

Or even Sooyoung, who speaks belligerently, acts senselessly, yet she wasn’t ashamed on displaying how spineless she could be.
 

“It’ll be okay, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon said without looking at her, in a voice that had a low but caring tone, as they continued forward through the path.
 

Throughout the short discussion, Tiffany was holding onto her arm stiffly. Taeyeon sensed Tiffany walking so rigidly she may as well have replaced her legs with steel poles.
 

Taeyeon knew how much Tiffany was trying to stay strong, she wanted to relax the girl.
 

Naturally, Taeyeon leaned in. It was only for a moment, a quick peck, before she leaned back and realized what she just did.
 

Tiffany blinked, looking up to her in surprise, “T-Tae…yeon?”
 

Taeyeon began to fidget, as she tried to sound normal. “I-I-It’s supposed to uhm, make you f-fe-feel better… Th-That’s what a f-f-friend told me.”
 

Her stammering made Tiffany giggle.
 

Taeyeon was embarrassed, she felt heat come to her face with her blatant action and she wished she could punch herself right now.
 

Did Taeyeon really like Tiffany? When did it start? Taeyeon wondered. It would explain why she kissed her. She felt really… really, really happy, but confused as well.
 

Wearing a fond smile on a face, Tiffany replied softly, “Thank you Taeyeon, this means a lot. It made me feel better.”
 

Tiffany leaned closer, and pecked Taeyeon on her cheek.
 

Taeyeon’s eyes stayed wide as she blushed until steam escaped her face. Romantic visions of her and Tiffany were already playing out in her head like a movie. She swayed in place as her imagination began to get the best of her before she finally composed herself. 
 

Taeyeon cleared , “I-It’s nothing.”
 

Taeyeon felt Tiffany’s hand squeeze in their grip as Tiffany smiled at her.
 

They both smiled and enjoyed the moment between them, although, there was awkwardness exuding between the two as they heard snickering behind them.
 

Taeyeon turned around and noticed how the rest of the girls were several feet away from Tiffany and herself.
 

“What…” Taeyeon squinted at them. “Why are you guys so far?”
 

The girls answered back with a big knowing grin, smiling from ear to ear and by wiggling their eyebrows up and down.
 

“The unnies said to slow down because you two were pathetically into each other and being gross and - &dgf@jfm(*%”
 

A hand abruptly covered Yoona’s loud-mouth as the girls began shushing her.
 

“What Yoona was ACTUALLY TRYING TO SAY was… We didn’t want to disrupt your small PDA session.”  Sooyoung finished Yoona’s answer.
 

Taeyeon stood there in shock, along with Tiffany who was shyly biting her lip.
 

Taeyeon kept her face in control, saying in a matter of fact, “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”
 

Sunny focused on Taeyeon, while Taeyeon eyed Sunny in return. Sunny couldn’t help but notice the person Taeyeon’s become, she wasn’t fooling anyone.


“Oh sure you don’t Taeyeon, sure~“ Sunny said, smirking at her.
 

Taeyeon let out an undignified squawk as embarrassment rushed through her body.
 

Sunny saw Tiffany in a new light, she decided to let Taeyeon take a chance with her.
 

Taeyeon’s mouth opened and closed for a moment, as she tried to find a reasonable reply. Unfortunately, she had none, as she’d never been in this situation. Instead she gave a slow nod, only for Sunny to read.
 

I know, Sunny... I know.
 

“Let’s… Move on…”  Taeyeon turned, heading further down the dark stairs.
 

Watching the entire scene, Jessica was snuggly slumped in Yuri’s arms, she whispered, “For someone as weird as Taeyeon to be falling head over heels for that Hwang. I never thought that weirdo byun would have a loving bone in her body.”
 

“Yeah…  But they’re cute, aren’t they?” Yuri rested her chin on the top of Jessica’s head. “Never underestimate Taeyeon, she could reel in a girl just by looking at her.”
 

Jessica leaned her head back for Yuri’s ear to hear, “Did I reel you in?”
 

Yuri smiled, giving a soft kiss on Jessica’s forehead, “Sica, ever since I first met you… I was hooked.”
 

Jessica let out an adorable giggle, she loved kisses to her forehead. “Me too.”
 

………

 

The girls began squinted into the darkness as their eyes were still not adjusted. The gloom seemed to envelope them with each step.
 

“I think we’ve come pretty far… It’s gotten a lot darker.” Yuri said, who was at the very end of the group.
 

“I’m beginning to doubt your sense of direction, Taeyeon.” Jessica added, in a slightly loud enough volume for her to hear.
 

Taeyeon spoke quietly, “Have a little faith. I know where we’re going.”

 

Shortly after, a shriek was let out.
 

“KYAAAAA! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE TOUCHING TAEYEON?!” Tiffany screamed as she felt something land on her.
 

There was also something in Taeyeon’s grasp too, “This size and softness… It’s Fany’s , isn’t it?”
 

“What makes you think you can… T-TAEYEON!” Tiffany’s blaring voice bounced off the walls. “WHERE ARE YOU STICKING YOUR HAND INTO?!”
 

“IT’S NOT ME! SOMETHING’S INSIDE MY CLOTHES TOO!”
 

“AH TAEYEON! NO!~ NOT THERE!~”
 

Suddenly, a faint light was emitted within the group and furry monsters were heard scurrying off everywhere.
 

“Whoa, awesome Jessica, but why didn’t you do that earlier…” Hyoyeon said amusedly with a hint of scold.
 

Jessica shook her head in confusion, “I’ve been trying to give us light the entire way here… But there was something restraining my powers.”
 

“It’s most likely part of their spell that also blocked Martel’s communication with us.” Sunny answered.
 

Jessica’s Light magic lit the area and they found themselves reaching the end of the passageway. It was a spacious floor already in shambles and ruins, devoided of any sort of suspiciousness, except for the altar directly ahead of them.
 

“Well, I guess this path led to some empty chamber …” Taeyeon entered without hesitation.
 

Sooyoung created a ball of lightning in her palm to help with the range of view, “Is that an altar?”
 

The staircase opened to the centre of the floor, which was the main floor of the Temple. It was a wide circle, with only a demonic shrine at the far end.
 

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked the younger girl investigating the shrine.
 

“It seems they’ve performed a ritual here recently…” Seohyun said while indicating towards the object.
 

“Ritual? Crap no way…” Hyoyeon said almost appalled.
 

“These patterns… It’s probably a ritual for unlocking or summoning. However, it’s been altered a little…”
 

“Are you sure?” Tiffany acknowledged Seohyun’s inquiry.
 

“This shrine here… It does not feel right.”
 

“What do you mean?”
 

Seohyun’s expression became stern. “I think… It’s a fake.  They’re elsewhere, not here.”
 

“WE CAME ALL THIS WAY FOR NOTHING?!” Sooyoung exclaimed in complete shock.
 

*RUMBLE*
 

Distortion. The shrine itself cracked and the area around it shimmered like a mirage.
 

“YOU JUST HAD TO SAY THAT SOOYOUNG!” Hyoyeon made quick steps away from the event.
 

The shrine was covered in shadows, pulsing black and crimson mass cloaking half the room. But that wasn’t all. Dark, violet polygons flashed like corrupted data.
 

A hand grabbed Jessica’s arm, “Jessica, Jessica, you all need to leave. Now.” Yuri was tense, staring at the ominous display with fearful eyes.
 

“Yuri, what’s wrong?!” Jessica was flushed from the sudden action.
 

Yuri was shaking, despite the fact that she shouldn’t. “I don’t know… I don’t know what’s happening, but I’m sensing… S-Something’s coming…”
 

Yuri flinched as the world around her seemed to freeze, a lifeless scene as colour, sound, and feelings vanished.
 

“…What the hell was that?”
 

Jessica placed her arms around Yuri to keep her steady, “Yuri, listen to me, they’re trying to scare you, that’s all! You’re still you and they can’t take that away!”
 

“N-No, Jessica! It’s an illusion! WE WALKED RIGHT INTO THEIR TRAP!”
 

“A t-trap?” Jessica exclaimed in a serious tone.

 

Out of nowhere, a burst of dark energy shot out towards Jessica.
 

“Jessica watch out!” Yuri shouted, lunging forward.
 

The next thing Jessica knew, she was laying on her back, looking up at the girl hovering over her.
 

“Huh…” Jessica breathed out.
 

“That was close…”  Yuri muttered with one eye half closed.
 

Jessica gasped out. “Yuri!” She carefully held Yuri’s face, “Are you okay? Did you get hurt?”
 

“I’m fine, don’t worry,” Yuri helped Jessica from the ground, her eyes never leaving the petite girl in front of her, “I told you I’d protect you.”
 

Jessica shyly murmured, “I-Idiot…You’ll get hurt…”
 

Jessica steadied herself as she clung on Yuri. She glanced  at the situation around her and reinforced her stance.
 

“This isn’t good…”
 

A deathtrap. This was what this place was.
 

Waves of shadowed demonic creatures grew from the ground and gathered.
 

“Girls, don’t drop your guard, we’re surrounded.”


--------
 

What will happen next? Stay tuned !