The Awakening

Into the Digital World

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ♡ Hello readers! Thanks for subscribing and commenting!

Hope you're all doing well. It's really nice to see this story isn't completely dead and boring as I thought it was.... Anyway, hope you've liked the story thus far.

 

Here's the next chapter, happy reading!

 

.............

 

“Come peasant!”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow and scoffed. “You know, I think you out did Sooyoung in arrogance right there.”

 

“Relaying on others is weak! Weak!”

 

“What did you say!? – OW! ” The insult heated Yuri. She was about to launch forward when her ear was suddenly in great pain.

 

“Yuri, behave. Don’t act so recklessly.” Jessica pulled Yuri back by the ear, scolding her lover who was throwing a tantrum and flailing her arms.

 

Yuri pouted and rubbed her ear.

 

“You are the ultimate weakling, Spirit of Darkness!” Algar continued to mock Yuri.

 

A vein grew on Yuri’s forehead upon the insult that hit a nerve. “WHA- !? WHO ARE YOU TO TALK?! I’ve got this hot girl with me, so that makes me stronger!”

 

Jessica sighed with disapproval, though slightly amused, and grabbed Yuri’s hand.

 

Yuri and Jessica took to the skies with intertwined hands. In Yuri’s fist, she burst out flamethrower of dark inferno. Jessica poured light magic into her open palm released a blast.

 

Algar raised his staff and to encompassed their attacks. But the power was incredible and had easily shattered through his spell, making a direct hit on Algar.

 

Their respective powers was an effective blast that had Yuri’s flames coiling around Jessica’s light blast. Their magic combined together for a mighty and destructive attack.

 

Algar was knocked across the sky. The demon coughed and gagged on his own blood before spitting it out to the side.

 

He roared angrily as he wiped his mouth, “Where do you get this strength?!”

 

Jessica’s two hands began to glow a fluorescent lights and created a magic circle appeared beneath her.

 

Yuri smirked and stood in front of it when Jessica released a massive pillar of golden, coloured ice that slammed into Algar. His head rolled over his heels, cursing all the way as he quickly got back to his feet.

 

He looked to what knocked him away and scowled at Jessica, “You stupid b*tch. I was willing to let you live a bit longer.”

 

The ice pillar began to crack and he soon widened his eyes

 

“Inside the ice?!”

 

With ice shards raining on the two, Yuri shouted angrily. “Don’t you ever speak that way to Jessica!”

 

Jessica half-smiled, “Get em, babe.”

 

Yuri strikes Algar across his face, then hammers the crown of his skull. Sending him flying with great force.

 

“NEVER DISRESPECT MY GIRLFRIEND!!” Yuri shouted and clenched her fists.

 

Yuri's forearms and hands grew charcoal black and swung her arms in a circular motion, extending her magic and creating a giant vortex. She sent a destructive blast that plummeted down on him.

 

PYRO STORM!”

 

Algar screamed in agony as the attack enveloped him. “GAAHHH!”

 

Algar cursed through his teeth and when he felt blood pooling in his mouth, he threw up. “S-Such flames.”

 

“I’m not going to lose… To the two of you!”

 

In a blink of an eye, dozens of demon creatures emerged from all around the two girls. While the two know they’re strong enough to take them down, the sheer numbers could be a real trouble.

 

“TAKE THEM!”

 

Like rabid dogs, every demon savagely attacked Yuri and Jessica at once. The two fought them off with ease, but several hits broke past Jessica. To their surprise, these enemies were coming much faster than before.

 

Yuri sensed something off in her gut and turned to her lover while she fought off the remaining demons off her.

 

“Look out!” Yuri called out.

 

Jessica glanced at the panicked voice and looked up. She was stunned as the hoard of demonic creatures were metres away from a barrage of assaults at an alarming rate.

 

“JESSICA!”

 

Suddenly, Yuri was standing in front of her. Jessica wanted to tell her to get out of the way, she didn’t want Yuri to get hurt for her.

 

“Bring it on!” Yuri shouted, dark flames surrounding herself and Jessica.

 

Then, a luminous golden light barrier formed around the two, blocking the oncoming barrage. Both Yuri and Jessica had to cover their eyes because of the brightness intensity.

 

“Ggg-ggghh… What was that?…” Yuri grunted from the brightness that irritated her eyes.

 

Jessica flew to Yuri and found no demons surrounding them. Jessica began to hit Yuri’s chest upsettingly.

 

“Yuri! Don’t do that!”

 

“I can’t help it!” Yuri defended herself while trying to calm her lover. “I have to protect those closest to me… I-If I lost you… ”

 

“…” Jessica only listened with guilt while resting her head on Yuri’s chest.

 

Yuri was right. Of course she was right. Jessica knew herself that she couldn’t imagine not doing the exact same thing Yuri did.

 

“By the way, was that you who created the blinding light?” Yuri asked as she held Jessica close to her. Jessica felt strong arms wrapped around her and felt comfort flood her body.

 

Jessica pulled back just enough to look into Yuri’s eyes, “I don’t know… I think so. I’m not sure how I did it though.”

 

Algar snarled at the scene and casted several waves of lost magic towards the two. The vicious attack sliced between the two girls, however, it missed when Jessica and Yuri immediately separated.

 

“Amusing… I didn’t think you’d actually annihilate them.” Algar appeared before Yuri and blasted a vicious attack into her injured abdomen that sent her crashing down into the Dark Fortress.

 

“YURI!” Jessica screamed an anguished cry.

 

Algar opened a hexagonal portal which Jessica saw as an opportunity. As soon as he stepped in, Jessica accelerated as fast as she could. And within an arm’s reach, the portal closed.

 

“Damn it!” Jessica slid in the air to a screeching halt, frustrated she missed the chance.

 

However, Jessica wasn’t calming down, she grew more anxious the longer she thought of Yuri’s condition.

 

Jessica examined the fortress’s distance and blasted off with tremendous speed. Leaving trails of sparkling golden light rays.

 

Yuri’s body rammed against the unforgiving ground, leaving a trail of destruction. Yuri tumbled to her feet as she tried to slow the speed to prevent any more pain. She regained her breath.

 

“Son of a b*tch…” Yuri hefted herself to her knee, trying to regain her breath, strength, or any form of life in her.

 

“How can you protect anyone with this level of power!?” Algar drove the orb deep into gut.

 

“GAAHHH!” Yuri yelped in pain, as she weakly gripped onto his staff trying to alleviate the pressure, but to no avail.

 

“The pain you’ve carried all these years. Quite an unfortunate life you’ve had.” Algar then slammed his staff into the side of Yuri’s head that sent her body grinding along the ground.

 

Algar then appeared and stared down at Yuri with a blank expression. “You don’t have to continue down this road. Leave the pathetic girl and join us... And together, we will be unstoppable.”

 

Yuri glared at the smug son of a b*tch. “The… Fu*k… You just say?” 

 

The pain she felt was mind-numbing, Yuri breathed heavily as she tried not to lose consciousness.

 

Blood seeped through her cracked skull that trailed down her face and slowly dripped from her jawline.

 

Yuri was barely able to stand, as she had one arm wrapped around her abdomen that was contracting and churning from the intense pain inflicted. Her bones were feeling as if she was trying to carry a boulder above her head.

 

“What?” Algar hissed.

 

“You… Really are pathetic….” Half-conscious, Yuri chuckled lowly, as she staggered on her two feet. A black aura began to manifest her body.

 

Every time her heart beat, it was like a new wave of pain was pulsating throughout her body; it hurt to breathe, to blink, to bleed.

 

“You th-think my life has no meaning? If I stayed back on Earth then I would agree...”

 

Yuri could feel her ribs rattling. Pain flooded through her body, gasping between breaths to get any amount of oxygen into her lungs.

 

“Now, not anymore...”

 

“…Maybe I’m a fool for not giving up… A fool for being stubborn…” Yuri hissed, as her fist crackled with flames.

 

 “… But this fool has made fun memories.... I have the best of friends and the best girlfriend I could ever imagine...”

 

The air over Yuri glowed, as fire surged over her. Yuri began to feel a rush of power tingling through her veins. “And that’s something…”

 

“THAT’S SOMETHING YOU CAN’T EVER TAKE AWAY FROM ME!” Yuri shouted fiercely, with an overwhelming surge of magic around her. Her voice was loud and vicious, bringing chills to Algar.

 

Her dark flames grew massive and dark veins erupted, connecting all over her skin. Yuri reached a level above what the Demon Lords had ever seen.

 

“This is… The awakening of D-Darkness.” Algar and everyone were mesmerized by Yuri’s transformation.

 

Jessica groaned and opened her eyes, “Y…Yuri?”

 

“AAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!” Yuri yelled at the top of her lungs with soaring ferocity. She was going through massive amounts of magic that made her insides twist and churn.

 

Yuri’s outburst prompted Algar to recoil. “R-Ridiculous!”

 

A monstrous sized silhouette of a devil hovered protectively behind Yuri.

 

Dark charcoal inferno began to spin around Yuri and Algar that radiated incredible heat, with her dark flames expanding in metres. Hundreds of flaming vortexes surfaced from the ground.

 

“GOD DAMN IT!!!” Yuri roared from the raging power and shut her eyes tightly.

 

“NO NO NO NO! W-WHO ARE YOU!?” Algar screamed in fear, cradling himself on his knees.

 

Explosions of flames spread out from Yuri, stunning both her teammates and enemies. The hundreds of dark flamed pillars went on full blast on Yuri’s command, targeting Algar’s terrified position. He stayed where he was, rigid with fear.

 

“END THIS!!!” Yuri yelled, causing an echoing roar. Her magic surged forward with flames bursting from the underground as the deep dark vortex flames charged out from her.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU?!" Algar shouted, enraged with terror. He felt as though he was metling when he looked at her. "WHAT ARE YOU?! Y-YOU MONSTER!”

 

No response came from Yuri, only laboured panting.

 

The monstrous-sized devil smirked, displaying its sharp teeth as it raised its vicious demonic claws and slammed Algar in between its claws. The horror only continued as the demon dug its claws into Algar ripping him into pieces.

 

In between the devil`s paws, it produced a colossal of dark flames that expanded and consumed the entire Fortress. There was no chance to escape.

 

Yuri’s eyes remained shut as though she was battling herself inside. Her breathing was laborious with hair fluttered violently against the force of her attack while being enveloped in her dark inferno. More waves of magic burst with her dark flames as it became uncontrollable.

 

“YURI!”

 

…..

 

Moments later, Jessica re-opened her eyes and saw the onslaught subside. The dust and particles slowly dispersed and soon, tears filled her eyes.

 

“God Yuri… How many times must you do this to me…” Jessica whispered, but soon looked confused and worried.

 

At first, relief flooded Jessica when she saw Yuri’s aura. But, she soon realized it was a frightening aura. The sheer amount of magic was far greater than anything anyone had ever felt before. And the feeling was completely foreign.

 

Jessica was unable to feel the warm, welcoming one. The one Yuri always had that made her feel protected and loved. This time, what Yuri had was terrifying-which quickly confirmed one thing.

 

This was not Yuri.

 

Jessica shook her head with fear as her voice rang out when she saw Yuri being consumed.

 

“No… Yuri… YUURRIII!”

 

Without any warning, Yuri looked up into the sky and unleashed a godly roar that shook the entire land, driving fear deeper into everyone’s chest. Black lightning casted across the sky.

 

(Scene with Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Sunny)

 

“The hell was that sound?!” Sooyoung shouted, covering her ears.

 

“Is it another monster?” Sunny asked nervously.

 

“That was such an awful noise!” Hyoyeon scrunched her eyebrows with her ears also covered.

 

(Scene with Yoona and Seohyun)

 

The two maknaes held each other close.

 

“Is there some kind of beast guarding the gate?” Seohyun asked in awe.

 

Yoona felt the strange sensation in her stomach, “No… It’s… It’s Yuri-unnie.”

 

Suddenly, Yuri pounced up into the sky. Heading straight towards the demon lords.

 

The targeted demon lord could only cry out in surprise as Yuri grabbed its neck; her fingers puncturing his skin. And with no mercy at all, Yuri yanked his demon arms out of his socket.

 

“Yuri!??!” Sooyoung and Sunny shouted with fear and relief when their respective enemy died.

 

“Was that supposed to help us or scar us for life!?!?” Sooyoung shrieked upon witnessing the gory kill.

 

Sunny shouted when she watched Yuri instantly dashed to the next demon lord, and the next, and the next. Performing a similar style of killing each one. “What’s happened to her?!”

 

Yuri unleashed another demonic yell that only belonged to the depths of hell. Everyone covered their ears, including the Demon Lords. Some couldn’t even vocalize their shock, as their ears were tortured.

 

“Y-Yuri unnie…” Yoona helped cover Seohyun’s ears from the overwhelming sound that assaulted them.

 

Watching Yuri reminded Yoona just how frightening this world was. Just what world had they set foot into?

 

……

 

Like before... I had to split the chapter because it hit around 6k words :T

Thanks for the continued support! Next chapter will be up tomorrow or today or next week.