Chosens Curiosity

Into the Digital World


~~~ (╯°Д°)╯
 

--------

 

“Let’s go!”
 

Together, the 9 girls bolted excitedly towards their destination. 
 

Some girls were huffing and puffing, while others were not. It was a lot farther than they had originally thought.
 

“Yah…. Everyone….” Sooyoung was resting on her knees. “I can’t… no more…”
 

“We’re …. We’re almost there…” Hyoyeon pushed Sooyoung forward. 
 

Sooyoung’s leg were noodles now. With no strength left, Sooyoung toppled to the ground with a Hyoyeon laying on her back.
 

“Just over… This hill... “ Yuri heaved with her hands resting on her hips.
 

“Yuri Unnie… That is not a hill….” Yoona wheezed out with the last of her breath. “That’s a mountain.” And slithered to her belly.
 

Tiffany slapped Taeyeon. “Why did you run! Your leg is wounded!”
 

“I ran, so I’m fine aren’t I?” Taeyeon said with a short breath. “Anyways, where’s Jessica?”
 

“Yeah, but…” Tiffany hummed, unable to come up with a comeback. Do you only think about Jessica?…
 

Seohyun caught up to the sprinting girls. “Taeyeon unnie, she’s over there.” Pointing behind herself.
 

“She said you guys were stupid thinking you could run there.” Sunny walked normally and spoke without a tinge of tiredness. “That’s why she’s walking.”
 

And now, the arrival of Jessica, not running, but walking.
 

She watched the scene in front of her unfold itself.
 

Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Yoona, resembled death. While Tiffany, Yuri, and Taeyeon looked like a mess. Satisfaction was what she felt. She did NOT want to feel the state that they were at. Sweaty and gross. Like, what was this? Girls don’t sweat.
 

“What’s the point in running,”  Jessica leaned on one hip. Sweeping her bangs to the side. “It’s not like this is a race or competition.”
 

That moment, the girls creepily turned their heads to Jessica. 
 

“Why are you guys….” Jessica stared back at them disturbingly.
 

Leaving dust trails in her face. The other girls booked it. She droned, “… Looking at me like that.”
 

Not for long, Jessica clearly saw her friends drop to the ground once more. Yet, they were still moving- no wait, crawling.
 

Some of them were holding onto another person’s leg and yanking them back. Was that somebody rolling? They’re going uphill though. And just like that, she rolled back downhill and knocked over the girls like a bowling ball. 
 

“Seriously… ” Jessica murmured at her pitiful friends.  
 

Soon after, she caught up to the gang, shaking her head at the woeful scene again, she made it in time to hear Seohyun speak.
 

“Unnies, why don’t I just fly us there?”
 

Once more, the girls rotated their heads rigidly in an eerie matter at the young girl.
 

“You say this now!?” Sooyoung threw herself on her back and laid there.


“I wanted to tell you girls earlier, but you all ran off.” Seohyun claimed. “Sunny is also capable.”
 

“Indeed.” Sunny pursed her lips out.
 

“Eww why do you make such a face!?” Sooyoung rolled to her side and hunched over, pretending to puke.
 

Suddenly, Sooyoung’s body was up in the air. She flapped her arms ungracefully.
 

Then Yoona flew up to her surprise. And Tiffany, then Taeyeon.
 

“I only developed enough magic to carry the four of them, including myself.” Sunny levitated to their height.
 

Seohyun nodded and glanced at the remaining girls. “Please be quiet, unnies.”
 

A gust of wind blew all around them and their feet lifted off the ground.
 

“Nice!” Hyoyeon cheered.
 

Seohyun wavered a bit from the Hyoyeon’s noisy outburst, making them sway to the side.
 

“WAAAH!!” Hyoyeon freaked out right after.
 

All 9 girls were now up in the air, on their way to their destination. 
 

Finally, just below them they saw the place they were trying to get to.
 

An extravagant, two story high, pyramid shaped building. Strongly resembling a castle. A western-looking castle. 
 

“WOW!!” Yuri burst out. 
 

“Oh! Oh! Oh!” Hyoyeon shouted loudly at the beautiful building. 
 

Seohyun flinched at her loudmouthed unnies. The ruckus had cause Seohyun to lose her concentration. They were now fluctuating up and down dramatically; like a seesaw.
 

It didn’t help how Yuri and Hyoyeon were hollering for dear life. And Jessica squealing out high pitched screams; clinging onto Yuri for dear life. 
 

“Sica! Stop trying to climb on me!”
 

"You stay still! I’m not going to die first!”


“Ack!”
 

Jessica was now hanging in front like a koala, her arms around Yuri’s neck. ”Why you…!!”
 

After each time they went up, there was brief silence. But, their reactions of relief were too rambunctious, so Seohyun would lose her focus and they would fall down again.
 

“Silence please!” Seohyun scolded her rowdy unnies as she seethed sharply between her lips.
 

Right beside them, Sunny’s group was floating perfectly fine.
 

“I think they’re gonna die from heart attacks.” Yoona’s head was moving along with the panic stricken group.
 

“I’m so glad I’m riding with Sunny!” Sooyoung wrapped her arms around Sunny.
 

“I’m not.” Sunny sneered and wrinkled her nose in disdain. “Seohyun, let’s switch people!”
 

“Hey, don’t speak nonsense!”
 

Taeyeon chuckled quietly at the two bickering. She changed her view to the ground below. “Sunny-ah,  landing right here should be good.”
 

“I’ll let the girls know.”
 

Tiffany cleared and shouted. “ SEOHYUN-AH, JESSI, LAND RIGHT NOW!!!”
 

And just like that. 
 

The girls on the other side shifted abruptly and dropped instantly. Leaving a fading echo of a deafening high pitched shriek.
 

Unnniieeeeesssss!.......”

…..



“That would have never happened if you unruly unnies maintained proper behaviour!” 
 

“Proper behaviour?!” Yuri exasperated with her blown out hair.
 

“How can we act mannerly in that kind of state!” Jessica shot back with a hoarse voice. The coarse tone from screaming many times in repetition had given her a sore throat. 
 

Hyoyeon took a step forward and held her pants. “I wet myself.”
 

Later on, the other girls had landed on the surface peacefully and completely stress free. With all of them now standing on the surface of the pavement in front of the magnificent palace, they walked past the giant gates and reached the large doors. 
 

“Wait, are we allowed to go in?” Tiffany held her friends and scanned the area.
 

“Probably not, but who cares!” Yuri and some girls brushed past Tiffany and pushed the hefty doors.
 

Hyoyeon and Yoona pushed Tiffany aside. "Yeah! Who cares? CUZ WE DON'T! HAHAH!"
 

Taeyeon approached Tiffany with a reassuring smile.“ It’s not like anything bad is going to happen.” 
 

“I wasn’t thinking that, but now I am.” Tiffany caught up  and heard her friends gasping.
 

Stepping foot in the lobby, it was only one huge semi-circular room with two floors and books sitting along the wall. In the centre of the room, was a massive floating crystal twinkling, under the open skyline shining throughout the lobby.
 

“Ooohh~ fancy!”
 

"Yoona unnie don't break that! Don't break anything!"
 

"Yuri-ah! Don't play with tha- NOT YOU TOO Taeyeon!"
 

"Go long, Tae!"
 

"Oh my god..."
 

Some girls curiously went around the enormous crystal, while a few others went up the small staircase. 

 

Seohyun was already engrossed in the book she held.
 

A floor below them was Taeyeon moving around strangely.


“I wonder what this is all about?” Taeyeon investigated as she scrutinized every part of it. 
 

"Oh?”


Taeyeon stood in front of a glowing grid. She saw several odd symbols lined parallel and intercrossing. Along with what seemed to be a two palms embedded in it.
 

Rubbing her hands mischievously, she contemplated whether or not to slap it on there.
 

“Whatcha got there?” Yuri approached from behind. “This looks like something we should mess with.”
 

Taeyeon and Yuri gave each other childlike smiles while wiggling their eyebrows up and down. “For learning purposes of course.”
 

Yuri nodded like a professor. “Absolutely, we should write an analytical report afterwards too.”


The two giggled playfully at their absurd joke.
 

“Anyway, let’s try and see what happens. I’m sure it’s probably meant for someone superior, like Martel.”
 

Taeyeon unnecessarily lifted her hands up slowly and carefully. Moving as slow as a turtle to create suspense. 
 

“Hurry up will you?!” Yuri impatiently grabbed her wrist and forced it down, but it was stopped by a shikshin’s  interest.
 

“Hey, what’re you guys hovering aroun- OOOOOOHH!!” Sooyoung looked at it eagerly, and her troublemaker persona took over. She shoved herself between the two girls and slapped her two hands on the placement.
 

Nothing happened.
 

“Boo, this thing is broken.”


Tiffany skipped to the exciting noise coming from the group, dragging along with her a trudging Jessica. “ I want to see!”
 

Tiffany stuck her head under Taeyeon’s arm. Taeyeon awkwardly raised her arm higher for the girl to fit through. 
 

“Can I?” She asked no one, and without a care for a response, she puts her hands on the placement. “Yeah, I think it’s broken too.”
 

Then Sunny squeezed her head between Sooyoung and Yuri’s arms. She examined the shape and looked at her hand. “ I’m not even going to try, my hands are too small for that.”
 

“My turn!” Yoona barged through with her tall figure and long arms, which gave her way to slam her palms on the placement easily.
 

Nothing.
 

“Is there an ‘ON’ button?”
 

“Sica, put your hand here,” Taeyeon urged her to the front, while discreetly tapping Jessica’s buttt forward. 
 

It had occurred to her just now, Jessica felt a presence on her rear. “Taeyeon, did you touch my buttt?”
 

Taeyeon smoothly retracted and shook her head innocently. “It wasn’t me, it was Yuri.” 
 

“Huh? What?” Yuri answered out upon hearing her name somewhere amongst the chatter. She had sense a pair of eyes were jabbing at her. Turning to the source, she saw a Jessica glaring at her down. 

 

“Can I… Help you?...” Yuri confusedly pressed on, unaware of their whole situation.
 

Jessica’s voice was irate from the verted girl who was playing dumb. “Is it really that hard to admit it?”
 

“…Admit what?” Yuri furrowed her brows, puzzled. The pair of sharp eyes disturbed her quite a bit. 
 

Jessica glared at her without huffed away at the stubborn girl. “I can’t believe you, Yuri. How could you do it and not own up to it!”
 

“Own up to what!? ” Yuri gave an extremely confused face, she couldn’t figure out the girl who was penetrating her whole being.
 

Jessica huffed away and wore an annoyed expression. But, unknowingly to everyone else, hidden behind Jessica’s  cute, mad face;  a smile crept out.
 

Yuri saw Jessica’s angry face, but it wasn’t fearsome at all. In fact, it was adorable. And without thinking, Yuri slowly brought up her hand to pinch those puffed up cheeks. But, when Jessica turned, Yuri found herself with her hand raised. She questioned it momentarily and brought it down, looking away.
 

Why did I do that…’
 

Jessica returned to the fixture and placed her two palms.
 

An illuminating white glow outlined her hands.
 

“Jessica! How’d you do that?!” Tiffany forced herself closer to the gadget.
 

Jessica was mildly impressed. “This didn’t happen to you guys?”
 

“It didn’t.” Taeyeon bravely went in for the dive and  held on to Jessica’s hand to prove a lame point. “Our hands are roughly the same sizes… Maybe it’s based on hand size?”
 

Tiffany raised her eye brow quizzically, and felt her insides burn in annoyance as she watched Taeyeon and Jessica touch hands.
 

“Taeyeon, our hands are the same sizes too.” Tiffany took Taeyeon’s hand from Jessica’s and placed it palm to palm with her own. ” So, your logic is invalid, dummy.” 
 

Tiffany elbowed Taeyeon’s side and muttered only for the two to hear. “And you’re just using an excuse to touch Jessica.”


Taeyeon mouthed to the side while holding in a grin that fought her. “Her hands are super soft though.”
 

Tiffany mouth pursed as though she was on a lemon. It was to keep herself from speaking acid.
 

Yuri snorted and shifted a bit closer for her turn. “ Uhm, guys can you move a bit? I can’t get my hands over.”
 

They all shook their head. Everyone wanted front seats to the magical appearance of fancy lights.
 

“Seriously?” Yuri expelled an exasperated sigh and scooted behind the last person who used it: Jessica.
 

“Pardon me.” Yuri said, as she stuck out each arm, positioning Jessica right in between her arms. 
 

“Sorry, Sica. It will only take a second.” Yuri moved closer, eliminating the space between Jessica’s back and Yuri’s chest. She couldn’t see where to place her hands, so Yuri lowered her head and situated it beside Jessica’s.
 

Jessica bit her lips and pink hues blossomed her cheeks, she tilted her head forward with the curls of her hair dangling.
 

Instinctively, she leaned back;  taking in the embrace. She felt safe.
 

“Agh!” Yuri collapsed onto her knees, clutching her hands, she grimaced.
 

Jessica reacted instantly to Yuri and saw her childhood friend hunched over in pain.
 

Jessica kneeled down, and wordlessly cupped Yuri’s hands gently, cradling them as she caressed them. Her heart ached. She’d never seen Yuri suffer an affliction like this.
 

“Yuri! Oh my god, what just happened?!” Tiffany cried out as the group had concern and uneasiness take over.
 

Yuri felt her entire hands burn, as though, millions of needles were spiked through. The moment she laid hands on the gadget,  flashes of images hounded her brain. She couldn’t remember much, it was obscure. She thought she might’ve seen a monstrous figure hover above her.
 

But, the images gradually brightened and an outline of feminine silhouette surfaced. Afterwards, everything became brilliantly illuminated and the figuration ceased; blinding Yuri from seeing anything anymore. 
 

The feeling of searing pain was alleviated. 
 

While Yuri’s eyes remained closed, she sensed a soft pair of hands cupped into hers. Once Yuri ached her eyes open, she met a face. And for a split second, she swore the appearance right now, was one that she always wished to meet again. 
 

“Sooyeon…” Yuri subconsciously mumbled with an enthralled expression.
 

Jessica’s breath hitched upon hearing this. Her eyes widen at and stared right into Yuri’s beautiful orbs, studying whatever she could find.
 

However, based on Yuri’s state, it seemed as though the girl had no idea she had spoken.
 

Did Yuri actually recognize her? Or was this her innermost yearning. Nonetheless, Jessica was certain that Yuri hasn’t forgotten her at all; she relieved a tiny smile and refrained from reacting to the acknowledgment.
 

“Yuri-ah…” Jessica gently Yuri’s pained hands. “Does it still hurt?”
 

Even though there were loud voices bouncing off the walls, upon hearing this special one, Yuri snapped out of  a trance.
 

“H-Huh, sorry?” Yuri unexpectedly stood up, pulling Jessica along. “It d-doesn’t hurt as much anymore…”
 

Jessica continued tending to Yuri’s hands. After Yuri had spoken, the girl returned to the same expression just moments ago.
 

Yuri looked like she was enduring a written exam for brain surgeons.  Great, I think I’m going crazy. That ginormous black thingy and then a white thingy. Then they blinded me! Like what the hell!?  
 

Jessica kept her eyes on the girl’s perplexity in front of her and brought her gaze to their touching hands. Jessica delicately slid her fingers between Yuri’s and intertwined it, then she used her other palm to secure their linked hands. She didn’t want to take advantage of Yuri, but she couldn’t control herself. Yuri was the only one who could fill the void in her heart.
 

…..


Seohyun continued to browse the shelves, until a certain book caught her interest. She pulled it out and saw  a black marble with dark purple streaks, on the cover.


“Forbidden Temple of Demon Lords.” Seohyun flipped the front cover to the first page and admired the angelic calligraphy.

“We are those that will continue to create darkness in the world. We are here to serve our KingThe reincarnation of our past. The Deity of Evil.

Seohyun remembered Goddess Martel informing them of this. 

“ To raise the abnormalities, turning it into a world of chaos.”

Seohyun narrowed her eyes and re-read the last sentence. They weren’t warned of this.

“…And the incarnation of evil will be summoned and consume the unity of the world.”

All of a sudden, she heard an outcry from the group and dropped the book. A piece of paper slipped out, which made Seohyun turn back. She picked up the paper that was torn in half, and read.

 

“Spirit of Darkness Sanctuary must be fulfilled …..”
 

Seohyun flipped to the paper, but there was no more.
 

……


“Taeyeon!” Tiffany’s loud voice snapped Yuri’s trance. “This thing isn’t safe! Didn’t you see what it did to Yuri?!” 

 

“I never got to try yet!” Taeyeon stomped her feet and pouted, complaining like a child. 
 

Taeyeon glanced at the unstable girl, hand in hand with Jessica. Although, it seemed like Yuri was unaware of those soft hands. Jessica’s hands were so silky.
 

Taeyeon grinned to herself. “And don’t worry. Yuri is just unlucky. It didn’t happen to Yoona or you.”
 

‘Please happen to me.’ Was Taeyeon’s last wish before playfully whamming her palms on the embedment.
 

The device was triggered. 
 

A bright light enveloped a wide aura around them. Engulfing them without a body left behind.


.......



“Those rascals! I take my attention off them for one second. ONE SECOND and this happens!”
 

Goddess Martel sky rocketed back to her palace where the girls had trespassed. 
 

“I just missed them.” Martel scanned the room and sighed. “This is indeed irregular. There’s no other individual who could activate it. She is, without a doubt…”
 

“Lord of the Four Great Spirits.”
 

.....



In a flash, the girls found themselves in a new area. No longer on the beautiful fortress.
 

Dead trees, the grassless terrain, and the darkened sky. Completely polar opposite.
 

And what was in front of them, was a gigantic crystal similar to the one before. However, this one was deathly black.
 

“This is so scary… ” Tiffany clutched onto Taeyeon’s arm. “Taeyeon, what did you do?”
 

Taeyeon  croaked, as the rest of the girls were also bewildered.
 

“It’s like we’re in a nightmare…” Yoona nervously voiced out as her eyes were plastered with uneasiness and grabbed onto Seohyun’s hand.
 

Jessica stayed very close behind Yuri, leaving only centimeters of space. Yuri gasped and twisted her head to the sudden eerie growl, “… What was that!”
 

Jessica released a high muffled shriek, fearfully clutching Yuri’s arm and hid herself behind her. 
 

“We’re gonna get mugged by grave robbers…” Sooyoung fidgeted around.
 

All the girls were huddling very closely. They were trembling, perturbed, and basically scared to death.
 

Not far away, a tall demonic figure was standing nearby. It came out of the shadows.
 

“Well well, look what we have here.”
 

------------

 

Greetings everyone! What do you guys think so far?
I know  this was quite long... I'll try not to write this long for next time hahah  & If there are any questions or confusion, please do ask.  
See you soon! ^^