Deep Breaths

Into the Digital World

 

 

( ゚▽゚)~  Greetings all, sorry for taking long! Trying to survive life without shooting myself in the face. .

 

--------------

 

A flash of lightning briefly lit up the dark sky and a low rumble of thunder followed. The black hole in the clouds above was steadily increasing.
 

“EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!” Goddess Martel’s flying pet Teepo echoed.
 

“Garden Of Isealia on FULL ALERT!”
 

Goddess Martel commanded her sidekick, “Defense on maximum!”
 

An enormous golden barrier covered her entire Fortress.
 

Goddess Martel flew to the centre of her Fortress. 
 

“From here on out, be prepared for anything!” Martel’s voice was grave as she spoke to them, a hint of concern edging its way in.
 

Taeyeon’s expression was serious, as they all nodded, looking amongst her friends; her gaze lingered longest on Tiffany.
 

Sunny caught this and she knew the way Taeyeon looked at Tiffany. Taeyeon never looked at her that same way.
 

“Seohyun, Taeyeon, Sunny, survey the area and give me a report, now!”
 

The girls brought their gaze upwards, and followed with a glance at each other.

 

“Lead the way, Taeyeon.” Sunny stood beside Taeyeon and Seohyun.
 

"I'm going too," Yuri announced, in a demanding tone.
 

Taeyeon pushed Yuri's shoulder back, "No, you stand down. They could have already set up traps and we can't let them catch you."
 

Yuri gritted her teeth, "They'll come out when they see me within their reach, and we can defeat them faster!"
 

Taeyeon shook her head, "No, I can't let you, Yuri."
 

"But- "
 

A heavenly voice called out, "Yuri."

 

Yuri felt a soft hand placed on her back trying to calm her. She turned her head and huffed in irritation. Reluctantly, she succumbed to Jessica's touch.

 

Yuri wanted to get her hands around their necks, but she knew Taeyeon was right. "Fine."

 

Taeyeon gave a appreciative nod towards Jessica.

 

Jessica replied Taeyeon with a rare, gentle smile, and continued to calm the discontented Yuri who was grumbling away. 

 

As the leader, Taeyeon began sifting through her thoughts, trying to decide what leaders should do in these situations.
 

Taeyeon felt a pillar of uneasiness as she met eyes with Tiffany. Tiffany creased her eye brows nervously as she watched Taeyeon rocket into the air, followed by Seohyun and Sunny.
 


“Taeyeon…”


 

…………
 

 

In the sky, Taeyeon and Seohyun used their Spirits of Wind to fly in the air, while Sunny had the Spirit of Gravity, letting her hover like a ghost.
 

Sunny glanced over at Taeyeon, her best friend who was ahead, trying to spot any potential invasion coming their way. Sunny noticed Taeyeon’s been very silent, as if she was hiding something in the back of her mind.
 

Soon enough, Taeyeon stopped in her tracks, making Seohyun and Sunny do the same.
 

“Unnie…” Seohyun’s voice shaking.
 

This was exactly what Taeyeon saw coming.
 

Silhouettes of the millions of flying demonic creatures, swarmed every inch of space. And at the very back, was an evil Fortress larger than Martel’s.
 

Taeyeon took a deep, shaky breath as she stared at the huge threat, “Martel, Taeyeon here.”
 

“Taeyeon, what’s the matter?” The girls could hear Martel and Taeyeon’s voice playing in their minds.
 

“We were right.”
 

It was ten times more intimidating looking at it with their bare eyes.
 

Seohyun examined attentively as the black hole in the sky grew larger.
 

“Unnie, not only are they coming towards us, I think at least half of the enemies are staying guard to protect whatever is up there.”
 

As the girls relayed the situation at hand, an archaic black void suddenly appeared right above their heads.
 

A demon snake slithered out of the void, going in for a massive chomp to Seohyun’s figure.
 

“ABOVE!”
 

Seohyun quickly turned, dodging the downward attack.
 

Taeyeon flew in, giving a hard punch to its head, loosening its head from its spine.
 

“What was that?! Teleportation?” Taeyeon exchanged looks with Sunny.
 

“Could be, they seemed to have cast a black void to summon them closer to us!”
 

Soon, Martel’s voice cut in, “Girls, don’t let them get past you.”
 

“Don’t let them!? They’re using worm-holes! How are we supposed to prevent those warps?!” Taeyeon retorted.

 

“Sunny-unnie!”
 

Sunny spun around and came face to face with another demonic serpent. It opened its jaws, ready to crush her tiny figure.
 

But, Sunny quickly retaliated as she motioned her arm downwards. The serpent took a nose dive straight to the land below them as it was anchored by Sunny’s powerful gravity.
 

“W-Whew.”
 

“Martel-nim, Seohyun reporting in,” Seohyun’s eyes darted in all directions for another potential surprise attack.
 

“Go on.”
 

“The enemies have been summoned by the demons from an unusual dark energy source. They’ve been appearing from thin air at random times. “
 

Seohyun retreated several metres where Taeyeon and Sunny were flying, as she witnessed Taeyeon swing a leg at a devil demon that surfaced out of the archaic void, sending the monster at high-speed until it disintegrated from the heat.
 

Without given a chance to digest, Seohyun’s eyes widened once more, now in fear more than anything else.
 

“U-Unnie… What are those?”
 

Taeyeon and Sunny followed Seohyun’s gaze as they witnessed firsthand, thousands of dark eyes forming, lining up in the sky.
 

“There are so many…” Taeyeon’s chest tighten, her breathing became unsettled.
 

“H-Hey Sunny,” Taeyeon watched as the dark eyes in the sky increased.  “Does this mean…”
 

Sunny felt herself tense up even more at the thought, “Yes, it would seem they’re…”
 

Thousands of lasers locked onto their bodies.
 

“Fully prepared for us.”

 

……
 


Taeyeon, Seohyun, and Sunny were showered with powerful, dark beams at high velocity.
 

“WATCH OUT!” Taeyeon shouted.

 

Sunny and Seohyun dispersed to evade every thick laser beam shooting at them like pouring rain.

 

“GIRLS GET BACK HERE! I SAID GET BACK HERE!”

 

Taeyeon heard Martel’s frantic voice. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, “Are we retreating?”

 

Taeyeon’s glowing figure could be seen dodging between every laser beam shooting at them. The three girls were separated trying to evade the attack.

 

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!”

 

Upon hearing the boisterous voices, Taeyeon saw her friends making their way towards her.

 

“DODGE IT! BE CAREFUL!” Taeyeon shouted, as she turned for a split second before swerving to her right. She felt the high intensity of the laser beam; one slip and she’d be roasted.

 

The expected rowdy friends zipped past the magic laser beams, albeit really poorly.

 

“TAKE THHISS!! – AH! ” Hyoyeon swung her arms and created a strong rush of water.

 

However, Hyoyeon awkwardly tumbled as she nearly flew straight into a beam.

 

More attacks rained down on the girls, “Wow, this is not very pleasant.”

 

Sooyoung’s fist was covered in lightning, as she punched the air, releasing a giant, high-speed lightning blast towards the eyes. “ACKK!”

 

“NO NO NO NO NO!” Sooyoung was twirling like mad to avoid the continuous lasers.

 

She stomped her feet in the air, as if it’d actually slow her down from being smoked into a laser.

 

Sooyoung cursed under her breath, “Taeyeon made it look so easy.”

 

Somehow, Hyoyeon and Sooyoung’s magic came together, taking out a quarter of the source.

 

Yoona raced towards Seohyun, “Hyunnie are you okay?”

 

“Managing,” Seohyun heaved and forced the wind to change the course of the laser beams.

 

A void opened beside Seohyun, however, Seohyun sensed it with ease, disappearing before its surprise attack.

 

"Amazing... Seohyun, you move so fast, you can keep up with their teleportation..." Yoona praised in awe.

 

"I am the Spirit of Wind, after all."

 

Yoona had massive boulders circling around her and cast them forward. Colliding with an incoming attack from above.

 

Seohyun gasped and covered her head from the clouded impact. She returned a startled look, “Thanks Yoona-unnie.”

 

“No need to thank me. I need to make sure my Hyunnie is away from harm!” Yoona gave a heroic smile and grabbed Seohyun’s hand.

 

Seohyun blushed and let Yoona guide her, “Y-Yoona.”

 

“You’ve gone too far from the others, let’s return closer to them.” Yoona tightened her grip on Seohyun.

 

Even though Seohyun was turning into a hot tamale, Yoona was no different. Yoona’s entire facial features had rosy hues. She bit her lip and shyly looked back at Seohyun.

 

Seohyun met Yoona’s eyes, but those eyes wandered down to Yoona’s lips.

 

Right away, they both looked to the side.

 

Seohyun remembered the feeling of those lips.

 

Yoona refocused on leading Seohyun to the group. So cute.

 

………


 

A monstrous black and fortress surrounded by dark purple mist, floated silently in the sky, going in the same direction as the twisting storm clouds.
 

Atop the highest point of their Fortress, Leader of Demons; Magnitus, watched the clouds slowly form into the eye of the sky.
 

“All of our remaining forces are converging towards the God, their defense will fall by the time we arrive.”
 

“Excellent my disciple. Do not stop the attacks until all are killed.”
 

The dark lord addressed the sky, as if changeling it to defy him, “We will shatter and crush their bones.”
 

Magnitus smirked at the black-flamed Chosen, “Ah, there’s our trophy.”
 

……..

 

Yuri flew higher than the rest, scouting all around the area and outstretched her palm. With a simple gesture, an enormous blast of black flames exploded out of her; taking out a number of eyes locked on her.
 

“That should give me a break for a while,” Yuri continued more rounds of attacks, this time, she shot balls of black flames towards the front line of the enemy Fortress.
 

Yuri growled, in search for the important ones, but shortly after, she gripped her chest; a chill began to flow through her veins.
 

Thump.
 

Her heart pulsed.
 

Her body was paralyzed with a strange tingling, yet a more powerful feeling inside her. The closer she got to the creepy black hole, the strength of each pulse increased.
 

However, this went unnoticed to everyone.
 

“Yuri-ah, don’t be so hasty. You might be asking something you’ll regret,” Jessica flew next to her lover.
 

Jessica was extra cautious, knowing that Yuri and she are the ones the Demon Lords want.
 

Jessica noticed Yuri’s sudden change, she faced Yuri with confusion and alarm, “Yuri, what’s wrong?”
 

Yuri had a strained expression, she wasn’t certain about it either, but her reaction was to calm Jessica, “I’m not too sure Sica… But, we have a bigger picture to focus on.”
 

“Yuri, I don’t care if there are a bazillion monsters ready to eat me! If they’re taking you away from me again, that’s my picture to focus on!” Jessica exclaimed with an infuriating undertone.
 

“But, I want… No, I need to get this over with, so I can spend the rest of my life with you.”
 

“Yuri…” Jessica went from a boiling volcano to a serene garden.
 

Quite the dramatic switch.
 

She watched Yuri thoughtfully, her gut fluttering with butterflies.
 

During the moment, Yuri sensed something peculiar as her gaze shifted multiple times between Jessica and the other girls dodging for life.
 

“Sica!”
 

Jessica felt herself pulled roughly in the air by one arm when a squadron of demons appeared unexpectedly.
 

Jessica had no way to even process how the demons appeared before her, “Y-Yuri! Where did they come from!?”
 

“Worm-hole? Supersonic speed? I have no idea!” Yuri accelerated, soaring with Jessica in her arm.
 

From the corner of Yuri’s eyes, she noticed the Demons closely tailing them, claws out and ready to thrash.
 

 “Tch, why don’t they run into those annoying lasers and kill themselves!”
 

“They probably want to watch us make out.” Jessica replied with a cheeky smile.
 

With Jessica holding onto Yuri’s body speeding through the sky, she looked back and put her palm facing the demons. Jessica blast out a thick light beam, taking out the entire team of demons that chased her and Yuri, effectively ending their lives simultaneously.
 

“Yes! Take that you weaklings!” Jessica returned to look at Yuri, and was met with a pair of lips.
 

Caught off guard, Jessica's blush reached her ears. “Wh-What! What are you doing?!” 
 

Yuri wore a teasing smile, “Kissing my girlfriend.”
 

Jessica jabbed Yuri’s stomach, “YAH! Kissing me at a time like this?! Truly an idiot.”
 

"Ow!" Yuri and Jessica’s figure greatly jerked. 
 

“But you are my idiot.” And with those words, Jessica roughly stuffed her face into Yuri’s hair and whispered sultrily, “And I love every bit of you.”
 

Jessica leaned forward giving Yuri a quick kiss on the lips.

 

 

………
 

 

Thousands, possibly millions of eyes resurfaced right when they were destroyed. Hundreds of archaic voids opened, releasing demonic monsters out of their hole.
 

“WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!” Sooyoung bellowed, releasing scatters of lightning across the sky, as the girls flew side by side each other.
 

“I DON’T WANT ALL EYES ON MEEE!”  
 

Taeyeon grunted, dodging the beams locked on her and obliterating hundreds of demonic creatures at the same time.
 

She faced the Garden of Isealia and gritted her teeth, “Martel, help us out why don’t you?”
 

“…..”
 

“Why isn’t she responding?” Tiffany shouted following closely behind Taeyeon, her voice mixed with concern and confusion.
 

“It makes no sense why she would suddenly stop communicating with us!” Yoona yelled, with Seohyun as the two re-grouped with Taeyeon and the girls.
 

Intuitively, Taeyeon’s ears perked and instantly spun around to face the enemy army, “SH*T!”
 

“What is it, Taeyeon?” Tiffany followed.
 

“They’re moving faster now, a lot faster! Their leader must’ve ordered them to move quicker!”
 

Taeyeon launched herself higher into the air, “They’re about 10 minutes away!”
 

“10 MINUTES!?” Sooyoung cried at the distant Taeyeon.
 

“My goodness! Hundreds of laser eyes locking in on us and an army of demons? This should be against the rules!” Sunny huffed.
 

“How are we gonna counter this?!”
 

"How..." Taeyeon asked herself.
 

Taeyeon's pupils were darting in all directions trying to figure a solution. If the girls had to fight the demons while avoiding the fatal lasers, that’d be asking for death. Taking out the archaic magic eyes before the army reached them would be priority.
 

“Eyes… Eyes have limited peripheral vision… If they can’t see us, they can’t lock onto us…” Taeyeon muttered in rapid speed.
 

Taeyeon snapped out of her thoughts and glanced up ahead.
 

“YURI!” Taeyeon shouted.
 

Yuri turned to the voice looking puzzled.
 

Taeyeon sped towards Yuri, “I need your help! Keep those lasers off of me while I fly past the eyes!”
 

“What? Fly past the eyes?” Yuri questioned, confusion plastered on her face.
 

Jessica who was still being carried by Yuri, noted Taeyeon’s plan and clarified, “Eyes can’t see when they roll back… You brilliant weirdo.”
 

Taeyeon nodded with satisfaction, “Once I’m above the eyes, keep your distance because I’m gonna shoot like a crazy woman.”
 

Jessica exhaled hasrhly. “I don’t see why you need Yuri to do this…” She mumbled absently, looking away from the two girls.
 

Taeyeon knew how sensitive Jessica was about Yuri.
 

“I’m sorry, Jesshika,” Taeyeon said, feeling guilty about that.
 

“But, ever since day one, Yuri and I make a good team, so my fighting instincts are placed in her.”
 

Yuri nodded in confirmation and gave Taeyeon a small smile, “I can’t help but agree with Taeyeon here.”
 

Jessica stared into the distance, impulsively tightening her grip on Yuri’s arm.
 

“Sica…” Yuri tilted Jessica’s chin, having it face her.
 

Jessica’s sullen gaze connected with Yuri’s, “Don’t be upset. Taeyeon’s just trying her best to finish this journey so we can all return home.”
 

Yuri pressed her lips on Jessica’s and pulled back, “And I am too.”
 

Jessica reclaimed Yuri’s lips, kissing her back with tenderness.
 

With the two having their moment, Jessica pleaded softly, “Just… Come back safely.”
 

Yuri replied with her bright smile, trying to relax Jessica a little, “Yes, Sica-baby, anything you say.”
 

Even with  Yuri being obedient to her words, Jessica wore a frown while feeling Yuri's strong arm muscles with her fingers.
 

Yuri descended the sky where Tiffany was and set Jessica with her. 
 

Before taking off again, she placed a kiss on Jessica’s forehead.

Then, Yuri gently grasped the side of Jessica's face, pulling her into a sudden intense kiss. Jessica
could feel the heat from her flush, but easily relaxed into the kiss. After a few moments, Jessica broke the kiss and looked into Yuri's eyes which portrayed confidence.
 

"You..." Jessica pursed her lips and wrapped her arms around Yuri's torso. "Don't... Don't you dare die. Understood?"


Jessica gave a challenging glare.
 

Yuri smiled lightly, "As you wish, Sica-baby." 
 

Jessica leaned in, resting her head on Yuri's chest while Yuri embraced her. "Please... Don't get hurt too much..."

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes in amusement.
 

She turned and faced Tiffany and met her gaze. It was as though Taeyeon was mentally painting a picture of her. She found herself pitted with a heavy feeling in her heart.
 

But, before Taeyeon took her leave, Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon by the wrist.
 

“Kim Taeyeon? What are you not telling me?”
 

Taeyeon paused.
 

She closed her eyes and shrugged off the concern, completely understanding what she meant.
 

Taeyeon lifted her hand and rested it against Tiffany’s cheek, smoothing it out lovingly.
 

“Nothing.There's nothing for you to worry about, everything should be fine.”
 

"Taeyeon..."
 

Should was the key word here. There was no such thing as true safety.
 

Taeyeon slowly took her hand off of Tiffany and changed it into a fist, she turned to Yuri.
 

“Let’s hope this works,” Yuri and Taeyeon bumped fists and flew high into the dark sky; matching in speed, with individual colours that distinguished their forms
 

Taeyeon pressed her lips together tightly, clearly not happy. The best she could do was hope and do what she can to avoid grave danger for her loved ones.
 

Yuri peeked at Taeyeon from the side, “Never a good thing to make your girlfriend worry like that, my friend. It’ll drive them a little crazy.”
 

Yuri shuddered at the thought of Hellsica.
 

“Trust me.”
 

--------

 

 

Hold on tight, next chapter will be up soon