Second Chance

Into the Digital World

ಥ_ಥ/~  This chapter is shorter than my usual. Thank you all again for the subcriptions, comments, and the voteups &  I'm grateful that you guys like my first story so far. ^^ <3

-------

 

“Goddess Martel-nim,” Seohyun greeted with the utmost courtesy and respect. 

Martel waved her elegant hand at the girl, “ Seohyun, please have a seat.”

Seohyun situated herself beside Martel, but before she said a word, Sunny came into the picture. “Sunny unnie! You’re done talking about … ‘Stuff?’ ”

Sunny nodded absentmindedly and greeted them both.

 

“Hello Martel-nim.” Sunny sat down beside Seohyun. 

“I believe you have some questions for me,” Goddess Martel started. 

Seohyun put her two hands together on her lap. “Yes we do. What do you know about The Forbidden Temple?”

“H-How do you know about that?” Martel’s elf like eyes went wide. How did she obtain this information so soon… Unless they’ve.. 

“I read it in a book.” Seohyun simply said.

“B-Book…. Oh right.” Martel composed herself after remembering they’ve trespassed into her own palace and meddled with her things.

Sunny and Seohyun watched Martel diligently like two little smart kids craving for knowledge.

Martel shifted in her seat a bit.

 

“Millions of years ago, it was a regular, serene temple where creatures and other beings can rejuvenate. But, one incident changed it forever. A defected God manipulated and deceived many other powerful enchanters. And now the undead has polluted the peaceful nature, turning it into The Forbidden Temple; their lair. And within their lair, the amount of Dark Mana they have is colossal.”

“I see…” Sunny twiddled her thumbs. “Do you believe that is where Yuri is?…”

“The percentage of her being held hostage there is high. Do you girls plan on infiltrating?”

“Yes, we are.”

“It’s extremely dangerous…” Martel looked at the two girls dead on. “But, it’s also very noble of you girls. And I’ve already straightened out a plan, so let’s gather the rest of the girls here.” 

Martel smirked and snapped her fingers.

“% &*$(^*@! ”
“WAH NO NOT AGAIN- “

The friends dropped from mid-air and piled up on top of each other.

“Hello unnies!” The innocent Seohyun greeted the lump of friends cheerfully. Unfortunately, the girls were anything but cheerful.

“Please, Miss Martel!” Sooyoung bellowed as she kicked Jessica off her. “Warn us beforehand!!”

“YAH! You little - “ Jessica rolled off Tiffany, then Taeyeon, and landed on her face. Everyone else was tangled up in odd positions.

Goddess Martel casually bends down to the ends of her dress and took off a piece of particle.

 

“I was hoping you girls would be used to the feeling by now.” She flicked off a lint.


“Ah I forgot to mention, Yoona has motion sickness.” Seohyun advised it a tad too late when she saw the state of her.

The girls gasped and unweave themselves, once they saw Yoona who was looking a little green. She was swaying in small circular motions and her eyes a bit dazed. She regurgitated puffed out.

 

“Take COVER!!” Taeyeon cried as she scrambled around, pushing Jessica and Sooyoung to the side while she ran behind Martel, following her were the rest of the girls. 
 

However, right as they lined up behind Martel, each and every one of them were pulled out by the ear from her mental power.
 

“Focus, we are on a mission. You girls get so easily distracted by anything, I don’t want to think of how this operation might turn out…”
 

Martel sighed and motioned her hands to gather the girls around. “Back to our purpose. Girls, I have a good plan. We are going to rescue Yuri at The Forbidden Temple, right now.”


The girls were dragged from the unseen force.  
 

“Great. How are we going to do that?” Taeyeon had  high expectations from the Goddess of Heavens, Martel.
 

“Hm…. They’ve created a barrier, so that’s our first obstruction. Surely, they’ll try to stop us before entering when we reach their surroundings. And when that comes, I’m unsure of how many Demon Lords will show up to stop you girls. Also, the only way to bypass their barrier is to get an entry pass…  “ 
 

Martel pursed her lips and shrugged. “Or killing the creator works too.”
 

Every single one of the girls’ jaw dropped. “That’s it? This is the so called superior plan?”
 

“Hm? Did you expect something even more divine because I am so divine?” Goddess Martel extravagantly brushed her hair behind her shoulder. 
 

All 8 of the girls mouths remained hanging opened from hearing the narcissistic words that escaped from the poised, motherly Martel.
 

“Is something wrong, girls? Or was there a curiosity that I have sated?”
 

Sooyoung looked at Martel in a different light, “Were you always this conceited!?” 
 

“Perhaps not.  Perhaps I was too ashamed to bring my fun personality out, until you hip, dandy girls came along and influenced me for the better.”
 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and looked at their ‘Goddess of Heavens’ confusedly. If Martel was their ace on coming up with a plan, then this won’t be good.
 

Taeyeon rested her forehead on her hand. “Okay, we need a more thorough plan than that. Martel, can’t you get us a blueprint or something?”
 

Martel suddenly brightened up at the suggestion. “I can!” 
 

“What’s wrong with her? She’s acting… like us…” Jessica whispered to the girl at her left. Without getting a response back, Jessica tilted her head and noticed Tiffany wasn’t paying much attention.  Her eyes were glued on to a specific person again. Jessica became aware of this and mentally noted that a friendly interrogation was needed.
 

“Things have changed drastically… Even though we have the ‘Spirit of Light’ and ‘The Great Four Spirits’  on our side, the danger is still extreme. Nonetheless, here is the landscape.“ Martel swept her hand.
 

A 3d model of the landscape appeared from thin air and rotated on Martel’s command. The girls studied the sophisticated hologram. Some more keen than others.
 

“Going in from the main entrance is too tacky, let’s twist things up a bit.” Taeyeon let out a crooked playful smile.
 

“Oh? What are you thinking?” Sunny gave Taeyeon an interesting look.
 

“I’m thinking we should mess with them.”
 

“We’re good at that!” Yoona clapped proudly at her bad unnies.
 

Sunny brought her full attention to Taeyeon. “ Go on.”
 

“They think so lowly of us and probably expect us to make an amateur move. That’s why, we aren’t going to arrive at the main entrance…“ Taeyeon built up suspension for her strategy.
 

“We’re…. going undercover!” Taeyeon raised her voice with excitement. 
 

“Undercover? We’re dressing up?” Sooyoung knuckled Taeyeon’s head. “Fool! You think they won’t notice us with weird wigs on?”
 

“Hold on a minute,” Sunny calmed the girls down. “ That is a good idea. We’ll transform into little creatures.”
 

“WHAT IF I BECOME A BUG!?” Tiffany twitched out of her cluttered mind and squirmed upon hearing the thought of being turn into a bug.
 

“Oh yeah, I remember Tiffany doesn’t like bugs,” Taeyeon laughed lightly to herself then looked at Tiffany, the awkwardness exchanged between the two was real.
 

“R-Right…Tiffany?”
 

Tiffany’s awkward eye contact with Taeyeon made her replay the unsettling scene that happened just moments ago.  Taeyeon felt flustered and greatly sorry once she noticed Tiffany’s stiffened vibe exuding.
 

Something must’ve happened.  Sunny watched the two communicate with unnecessary difficulty.
 

Ohhh~~ Tiff, you’re way too obvious.  Jessica let out a short, quiet laugh to herself at how transparent they were.
 

“Y-Yeah, that’s right. I hate them…” Tiffany smiled shyly back. She was happy that someone remembered. And that someone was Taeyeon.
 

After that comment was made, Tiffany unskillfully shifted her eyes. And at the same time, Taeyeon quickly looked down smiling to herself.  Is she not mad anymore?
 

Sooyoung who was oblivious to the situation. “ So, the plan is transform into stuff and invade!”
 

“Honestly, how is that even possible?” Hyoyeon was really confused at this whole concept.
 

Sunny decided to interrogate Taeyeon later, and so, she cleared . “Martel, can’t you cast some funky spells to help us out?”
 

Martel knew a super convincing enchantment for them. “ I could. Oh!~  You girls are so playful and troublesome, I like it.”
 

“Ok then, that is the plan. Martel, please transform us into creatures and warp us to a safe distance from their hideout. When we arrive, I’ll analyze from there.” Sunny instructed with confidence. 
 

The girls nodded at Sunny’s preparation while Jessica eyed Martel.
 

“Are you going to come fight with us?”
 

“I’m afraid I won’t be of much use in this fight. But, I will assist when the timing is right.” Martel gave off a faint smile.
 

Soft lights began to shower over the girls. “This spell has a time limit, so be prepared and get it done.”
 

Goddess Martel chanted a low spell voice, excessively sprinkling magic dust around them. 


“HEHEH, that tickles!”
 

She continued to speak some ancient, arcane language quietly, but intently. Suddenly, the girls began to feel themselves getting shorter. 
 

“Uhmm…..”
 

Projecting the chanting, her voice rose in intensity. Their feet suddenly double in size.
 

“H-Hey!” The girls looked down with wide eyes and began to panic. 
 

“Open your hearts… You will hear the voice of the Tree of Life… Go, Chosens!”
 

Just like that, the girls vanish into thin air; embarking on their mission to rescuing Yuri.
 

Martel recalled seeing their faces stricken with fear. “ Hm… I wonder if they will submit to my spell.”


......

CHAPTER 23 TEASER 

" YAAAH!! WHY ARE YOU TWO STILL HUMAN ?! "

---------

 

 
Tune in next update to read what happens! 
Byee~ Love you all