Is this reality?

Into the Digital World

 

 

The square root of Pie is not 1234. It is 3.14159. No, it’s not 1234. Listen to me, it’s not. No! You cannot find the numbers 1234 on a pie!


Seohyun woke up from what seemed to be the definition of a hangover. The symptoms were very much present. She rubbed her temples to try and ease the headache, but it didn’t work. 

 

She found herself laying on cold, wet rocks and the area was cloudy with a bluish mist, so she had trouble being aware of her surroundings.
 

Seohyun sat up and placed her palms on the surface to feel the area, but she couldn’t get much out of it. She breathed through her nose, and immediately right after, she squeezed her  nose tight and cupped .

Seohyun gagged. “What is this stench??”

“Where’s the way out, I’m getting nauseous.” She thought to herself.

Seohyun hunched over and touched the ground. As she got herself on all fours , she began to carefully crawl to any place, but here. She continued to feel her palms on the stony surface, hoping to find a clue. Moments later, her right palm slapped onto something sticky and gooey.

“Disgusting...”

She lifted her hand off the floor, stretching the sticky, gooey -like substance. Seohyun pulled away hard, and the goo thinned out and snapped, making it splatter on Seohyun’s hair. She brought her hand back to her and examined the nasty goo with disgust. 

“Gross.” Seohyun said, as she rotated her gooey  hand. “This substance is clear. Similar to saliva…Hm..”

Seohyun tilted her hand with her palm facing down, and the glutinous like substance slowly glided along her finger tips and dropped to the ground. She looked at her hand and contemplated whether to go beyond this examination.

“Ok…  Enough of this goo.” Seohyun wiped her hand on her shirt.

Seohyun was done of feeling the floor and stood up. She stood still, trying to get a sense of her settings. Fortunately, a small breeze blew through her fingers.  She turned to her left and began making her way to the direction.

As Seohyun followed her way to the airway, she felt as though the breeze was cadenced. But continued to follow the only clue she had. In order to not detour her problematic route, she guided herself by brushing against the wall.

A while later, Seohyun heard a sound. It actually sounded like someone was taking steps.   

“Is someone there?” She heard the steps growing louder.

Seohyun was frightened and stood stiffly. Her heart beat began to take over her hearing. She didn’t know what to do, she was never taught anything to defend herself; other than using her brain.

The footsteps were getting closer and closer.

“Who’s there?”

“OMO! A ghost?..”Seohyun covered and began to hyper ventilate. 

 

YA WHO’S THERE?!” It said again much louder.
 

Seohyun was too petrified to speak, let alone breathe properly.  She didn’t know what to do and tears started to well up in her eyes. She wanted to sob.
 

*bump*
 

“WAAAAHHH!!” The ‘ghost’ screamed and fell back in shock.
 

“WAAAAAAHHH!!”  Seohyun cried and hunched down against the wall, and covered her face with both hands, she began to cry.
 

The ‘ghost’ who was also terrified, slowly got up to approach Seohyun.
 

“H-hey, e-excuse me.” The ‘ghost’ tapped her shoulder.
 

Seohyun was hearing a non-threatening voice, so she uncovered her face and opened her tearful eyes. She saw a short girl kneeled in front of her.
 

“Omoomomo!!” Seohyun cried and hugged the random girl.
 

The short girl could only hug back to calm her down. As she was holding the sobbing Seohyun, her eyes wander around the dark, blue- misty cave like area.
 

“Hey , I’m not going to hurt you.” The short girl softly spoke to Seohyun.
 

Upon hearing the voice, Seohyun brought her head up to see the girl.
 

“Are you okay?” The short girl asked.
 

Seohyun could only reply with sniffles.
 

“Don’t worry now, we’ll get outta here.” The short girl reassured Seohyun. 
 

“I’m s-so s-s-scared.” Seohyun barely voiced out.
 

The short girl patted Seohyun’s head. “It’ll be okay, alright?” 
 

Seohyun nodded in return and wiped her tears away.
 

“Omo!” The short girl gasped. She recognized that face. “You go to the same school as me!”
 

“I do?” Seohyun gave the short girl a confused look. She stared at the short girl for a long period, “Oh, I do!”
 

“Yeah, you’re the genius kid who advanced a couple of years, aren’t you?” 
 

“That’s correct.” Seohyun smiled with wet eyes. “And you are the computing technologist genius in our school, am I right?”
 

The short girl gave a thumbs up. “That’s me!” 
 

“I apologize, I didn’t catch your name,” Seohyun said embarrassedly.
 

“It’s Lee Soonkyu, but they call me Sunny, and yours?”
 

“Seohyun.”
 

“Okay Seohyun, I’m sick of this place already and we need to get out of here.”
 

“I agree unnie,” Seohyun said, “I feel more at ease now that there’s someone familiar here with me.”
 

Sunny let out a sigh, “I’m stumped though, I don’t know how I ended up here.” Sunny casually pointed to a random direction. “I was following a weak airway , but I think I’ve lost it.”
 

“I was doing that too, until this happened.”
 

“Let’s get back on track then.” Sunny and Seohyun stood calmly with their hands opened wide, waiting for the first feel of sensitivity. 
 

“It’s …”
 

“Unnie, I think it’s….”
 

They both looked at each other and grinned.
 

“That way.” They both said and pointed in the same direction.
 

“Bingo!” Sunny cheered.
 

“Unnie, I’m surprised you’re in a good mood in a situation like this.”
 

“I’m more at ease too, so I’m thinking of this as a video game.”
 

Seohyun and Sunny locked arms and carefully walked towards their founded breeze again through the mist.
 

Along the route, they saw the mist beginning to lessen and the breeze picked up strength.  The two girls started to feel hopeful and quickened their pace.
 

However, Sunny held Seohyun back and whispered,  “Seohyun, wait... listen.”
 

Seohyun did as she was told. Sunny was right, she also heard what seemed to be a ridiculously loud noise.
 

“That sounds like someone snoring really loud.” Seohyun replied quietly.
 

“Maybe it’s nature..?” 
 

They slowly walked on their tippy toes closer to the sound. Once the mist cleared completely, they found themselves entering a giant open spaced cave.
 

“Wow, this cave looks so dangerous.” Sunny looked around the cave.
 

“Yes, it looks like anything will set it off.”  Seohyun observed carefully and followed Sunny.
 

“Unnie, I think the breeze is getting really strong around that rock.” She went ahead of Sunny.
 

“You’re right,” Sunny followed shortly behind. 
 

Suddenly, Sunny bumped right into Seohyun.
 

“Seohyun, why’d you stop?” Sunny looked at Seohyun confusedly.
 

Seohyun was not moving an inch.
 

What Sunny couldn't see was that, right now, Seohyun’s  jaw had dropped and her eyes had widen. She lifted up her trembling arm and pointed at what was in front of her.
 

Sunny was unable to see anything past the tall girl  and went around her. “Seohyun, what is it? What are you pointing a- “
 

Sunny’s jaw also dropped so low to the ground and her eyes were bulging out of her sockets.
 

The two girls stood in horror, as the view in front of them was petrifying. What was in front of them, happened to be the source of the loud snoring and strong breezes. A giant  3 headed Cerberus that was thankfully sleeping.  

“U-u-u-unnie.” Seohyun croaked.

 

“This – this is impossible.” Sunny swallowed hard.
 

“Unnie.. w-w-what do we do!” Seohyun cried out.


“SHHH! Don’t say anything!!” Sunny quickly covered . “Come, we’ll hide behind that rock.”

The  girls made their way around the rock and sat to think of a plan.

 

“This only happens in video games!” Sunny said with a shaky voice.
 

“I don’t understand what’s going on! ” Seohyun started to tear up, but also tried to think of something.
 

While the two girls scrambled their brain for an escape plan, they failed to see what was behind the Cerberus.
 

PSSST!”
 

The two girls failed to hear and continued to speculate.
 

“PSSSSSSSTTT!!”
 

Seohyun perked her ears. “Unnie, did you hear that?”
 

“Hear what?” Sunny asked.
 

“HEY PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!”
 

“That. I think it came from over there” Sunny and Seohyun peeked their eyes behind the rock and faced the direction of the Cerberus. 
 

“PSSST!! OVER HERE!!” The voice whispered very loudly.
 

The two girls continued searching to find the source of the voice.
 

“H-HEY! NOT THERE! OVER HERE!” The voice whispered very loudly again.
 

Sunny gasped as she saw a glimpse of what seemed to be the source.
 

A tall, skinny girl waving her long arms.
 

Her location; the Cerberus’s .
 

The girl understood that Sunny found her and stood up with two thumbs up.
 

“Seohyun-ah, she’s over there,” Sunny pointed in the direction to the tall girl.
 

Seohyun looked over to where Sunny pointed and saw a familiar tall, skinny girl with a really wide smile, holding two thumbs up.
 

“I see her now.” Seohyun confirmed. “What is Yoona doing there?!”
 

“Her name’s Yoona?” Sunny asked. 
 

“Yes, she is my best friend,” Seohyun replied happily.
 

“That’s cute,” Sunny smiled. “However, in this predicament we’re in, there is no such thing as a logical answer for her being there.”
 

“She’s just standing there, why isn’t she coming to us?” Seohyun questioned Yoona’s actions.
 

“Her situation seems to be a bit difficult.. Being that she’s RIGHT BEHIND THE MONSTER!”
 

Seohyun looked back at Yoona and motioned for her to come towards them.
 

“Come here.” Seohyun mouthed out. 
 

“Be careful!”
 

“Unnie , you’ll wake up the monster.”


“My bad,” Sunny used her hands to express tell her to come towards them.
 

To show her understanding, Yoona replied by making a big O shape with her long arms. She prepared herself for what might happen and took deep breaths.
 

You got this Yoona, this is easy.
 

Yoona began to creep her way around the Cerberus’s big tail, cautiously trying not to make any big movements. Once she made her way around the tail, she hit a problem. The Cerberus was sleeping against the same wall where the two girls were hiding behind.
 

From the wall, there was enough space between the Cerberus’s back paw and front paw for her to get by. She began to imagine the worst case scenario and assembled herself to not make the grave mistake.   
 

Yoona glanced at the Cerberus to check that it was still asleep before she made her way. She went up to the back paw and saw the unbelievable giant furriness. She leaned against the stony wall and slid her way across. Yoona lifted her front foot high and safely landed foot. Now, she lifted her back foot up, but she didn’t lift it high enough and ended up tripping on the paw, falling sideways on her arm.
 

OH GOD OH GOD !! Yoona pee’d her pants in fear.


Yoona looked up with panicked eyes at the Cerberus and then at the two girls. Fortunately, the Cerberus was still sleeping, but two girls had the biggest face of horror plastered on them. 
 

Yoona mouthed as best as she could. SORRY!!
 

She slowly got up and discreetly slid her way again to the front paw. Readying herself, she took deeper breaths to definitely make sure she won’t trip again.
 

Same as earlier, she was able to land her front foot comfortably, and she lifted her back foot again just enough to get by. Sadly, her shoe caught a long string of hair from the paw, and plucked it out and fell again.
 

Noo… NOOOo
 

The Cerberus stopped it’s snoring and growled. It groggily opened all of its 6 eyes and turned it’s whole head to where he felt a slight pain.
 

Yoona gave up on being discreet and immediately ran to the two girls. All 3 of them were terrified beyond belief, as they were looking straight into the eyes of the snarling Cerberus.
 

“M-M-My bad,” Yoona stuttered. “SO SO SORRY!”
 

“Unnie.. What the hell!!” Seohyun cursed at Yoona.
 

“Guys….. RUUNN!!!” Sunny pulled the two girls arms. 
 

All 3 girls turned around and sprinted to wherever they could. With Yoona leading, then Sunny, and Seohyun. They ran every corner and tunnel, but the Cerberus busted through the rocks and continued stomping its way to them.
 

“GUYS THINK OF SOMETHING!!” Sunny pumped her tiny legs.
 

“UN-NIE, I CAN’T,” Seohyun yelled back while catching her breath, “THINK LIKE.“
 

She caught her breath again. “THIS!!!”
 

With Yoona leading the way, she had to constantly find a new path for them to run. But, with the fierce ruptures caused by the Cerberus, the debris would block the paths and they would have to instantly detour.


“Ah!” 
 

Seohyun tripped over a rock and fell. Sunny and Yoona immediately twisted their heads to the cry. They hurriedly approached Seohyun to help her up. 
 

“Ow ! It hurts! “ Seohyun yelped.
 

“You can’t run?” Sunny asked with much concern and panic.
 

“I can’t! It hurts too much.” Seohyun weeped.
 

Yoona looked back at the Cerberus. Seeing how it was catching up very quickly, she needed to formulate a plan.
 

She glanced at Sunny and Seohyun, and back at the Cerberus. She saw Sunny put Seohyun’s arm over her shoulder to help her run, but they all won’t be able to survive if they go on like this. Yoona reviewed her options and eyed the two paths ahead of them.

“You two go that way. “ Yoona pointed, “And I’ll go this way.”

 

“What!?” Sunny looked at Yoona sharply.
 

“I have a plan. We’re going to separate.”
 

“No unnie!”
 

“Trust me! There’s no time to chat! We’ll meet each other again!!” Yoona shouted.
 

“We need to stick together! What’s your plan?” Sunny asked hastily.
 

“Sunny-unnie is right, Yoona.” Seohyun spoke with a shaky voice. “ We must stick together.”
 

“LISTEN TO ME NOW! YOU’LL SEE WHEN IT HAPPENS!!” Yoona hollered.
 

“GO!!” Yoona pushed the two girls in the opposite path of hers.
 

“You just pushed the crippled!!” Sunny shouted as she ran the opposite way of Yoona.
 

“I’ll never forgive you for this unnniiiiieee……….” Seohyuns voice echoed as they disappeared.
 

Yoona chuckled at them and ran to the other path. The Cerberus became confused on which path to take. It faced the direction of  Sunny and Seohyun and prepared to take that course. 

Then, Yoona grabbed two of the biggest rocks she could hold and threw it to the back of their heads. She saw the Cerberus shift its head to her and sensed their anger because of the immensity of the nasty drool coming out.

 

Juggling the rock on one hand, she stood a cocky stance and smirked at the Cerberus.
 

“HEY UGLY!!“ Yoona hurled the rock and hits one of the eyes. 
 

“CATCH ME IF YOU CAAA- HOHOHO!!” Yoona began to sprint.
 

Yoona dashed until she found a dead end. She stood against the wall and turned around to see the Cerberus galloping its way towards her at great speed.
 

“Perfect.”
 

Yoona stared right at the Cerberus waiting for the right time to make her move. She gave one final smirk to agitate it.
 

Yoona bent her knees lower. “Almost there…"
 

The Cerberus roared,  showing it’s a monstrous like teeth.
 

It was now only few feet away from Yoona. And with more speed, the Cerberus pounced. Diving right into the direction of Yoona. And before it could claw at her, Yoona jumped to the side. The Cerberus crashed into the rocky wall and burst right through. The collision created an enormous opening to the outside.
 

Sunny and Seohyun concernedly ran back to Yoona and before they knew it, they saw rocks cover her entire body and lost her.
 

“Yoona!! Yoona!!” 
 

“Yoona unnie !! Where are you?!”
 

Yoona could barely hear. She found herself under giant rubbles of rocks. Luckily, she didn’t break any bones with this thoughtless plan.
 

As the two girls called for her, she tried to find her way out of the rubble. 

Sunny and Seohyun begin to search all over the debris. Their calls weren’t being answered and they found no clue. With much scare, they began to think what might have happened.

 

“Di-did she …” Seohyun stuttered.
 

“She-she couldn’t have…” Sunny looked at the rubble worriedly.
 

“Unnie.. I think she…” 
 

Suddenly, between two boulders, Yoona popped her head out of the hole.
 

“SHE WHAT?” Yoona said as she climbed her way out of the hole with dirt all over her body. 
 

Yoona grinned. “I found a way out.” And pointed at the huge breakout.
 

Sunny and Seohyun ran to Yoona and grouped hug her while the two girls cried.
 

Yoona wrapped her arms around them. “You didn’t think I’d do something so reckless, did you?”
 

“What were you thinking!” Seohyun cried and grasped onto Yoona’s shirt.
 

“Not much.” Yoona patted Seohyun’s head laughed .
 

“Don’t do this again! We are staying together now!” Sunny commanded.
 

“Definitely. After what we’ve went through, how can we not!?” Yoona smiled. “Now let’s get outta here.”
 

“Yes please!”  Seohyun replied.
 

“Hold on.. The Ceberus is right there! “ Sunny reminded them. “ It’s gonna see us again!!” She pointed at the giant monster taking up  most of the space.
 

Seohyun noticed the irritation. “It’s shaking its head. I think it has rubble and dust in its eyes.”
 

“We can make a run for it!!” Yoona shouted.
 

The Cerberus standing at the opening, fail to notice the three girls behind. It roared and continued to shake its head vigorously. 
 

“Wait!” Seohyun halted the Yoona and Sunny. 
 

“What is it?” The two girls looked at Seohyun.
 

“Do you hear something?” Seohyun focused on the sound.
 

“It sounds .. very very high pitched.. and it’s getting louder.”


---------

Thank you for the comments and subbies (: Love them. I was wondering about the font sizes... Is it easy on your eyes ? Because it seemed a bit small to read? Or is it fine? .. Should I make it bigger? LOL