Who She Holds Dear To

Into the Digital World


⌐(ಠ۾ಠ)¬  ~ Hi readers, how are you doing? C: I know there hasn't been much 'omgomgomg' YulSic shoved in your face thus far. So, I hope you guys will stick around until the next chapter... ;D  I also have bad news... Unfortuntely, my updates won't be as fast anymore because my files corrupted.... ARRGHH I'm so frustrated and sad (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ ... I'm sorry ㅠㅠ

 

-------
 

“Hey, Hyo.”
 

Sooyoung eyeballed the tree full of apples. “Want one?”
 

“No, we can’t get distracted this time.” Hyoyeon walked away, waiting for a signal from Sunny and Taeyeon. 
 

“Please, eating an apple isn’t a distraction,” Sooyoung stood on her hind legs and pulled an apple off. But, she pulled too hard and the apple somehow found its way down to Sooyoung’s throat. The surprise caught her off guard and she started to choke. Sooyoung galloped to Hyoyeon and frantically did outrageous motions to show she was choking. 
 

“THIS ISN’T THE TIME FOR DANCING!” Hyoyeon looked at the girl dancing weirdly. 
 

Moments later, she realized Sooyoung wasn’t dancing. 


“OMO!” It finally struck Hyoyeon.
 

 Sooyoung wore an exasperated expression, it was about time she understood. She laid on her back and directed Hyoyeon to jump on her belly. 
 

“Ok, ok, I got this!” Hyoyeon leaped up into the air and dived into Sooyoung’s belly multiple times. 
 

With the last pounce, Sooyoung shot out the apple, along with streams of saliva. She coughed hoarsely. “Thanks, Hyo. I owe you one.” 


“Anytime bud,” Hyoyeon watched the apple roll its way to the Temple. She fearfully looked back.
 

"Don’t- SOOYOUNG!!”
 

Sooyoung had already got on her feet and galloped her way to the big juicy apple. “I MUST I MUST!”
 

She ran so hard to retrieve her rolling apple that she forgot the most important thing: she entered the barrier.
 

“GOT IT! NOMNOMNOMNOM-“

 

“Intruder, intruder. Immediate confrontation in action.” 
 

“YAAHH Sooyoung! We’re gonna get killed!” Hyoyeon roared as she caught up to the dumb Sooyoung. 
 

Sooyoung swallowed with apple bits around her lips. “…Uh oh.”
 

They saw a demonic figure descending towards them and panic ensued.
 

“Quick, Hyo! We gotta act like creatures!” Sooyoung started to nay abnormally, trying to behave like a giraffe.
 

Hyoyeon did the same, as she began to roar at Sooyoung, swiping her paws and rolling over. 
 

“IT’S NOT WORKING! WE’RE GONNA DIE WE’RE GONNA DIE!!” Hyoyeon cried fearfully when the demon approached nearer. 

 

Sooyoung gulped and wide eyed at Hyoyeon, they both trembled in fright. “TAEYEON-AHHHHH!”


…...


TAEYEON !!!” 

 

Thousands of flying creatures flew out of the trees and covered the sky.
 

Sunny and Taeyeon frantically shot their direction to the scream. It was coming from the Temple and they knew it was their friends. 


“Something bad must’ve happened!” Sunny shouted alarmingly.
 

Taeyeon immediately bolted to her friends with Sunny closely beside her. “Damn it! We’ve gone way too far!”
 

Sunny and Taeyeon pumped their tiny bunny and puppy legs with great effort. 
 

“We have to believe Tiffany and Jessica can handle the demon on their own!” Sunny shouted back with tired breaths. 
 

Taeyeon compared the distance they had left until they reached her friends. She cursed at the unfair situation. 


Everyone, we’re coming. Please be okay.


…...


Jessica, Tiffany, Yoona, and Seohyun were the closest to Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. They arrived first, but screeched to a halt by the demon that stood above the quivering Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. 

 

“Now what we have here? Stray Chosen’s, who can’t help but undress me with their eyes.” The demon who goes by the name of Sydel. Quite the cocky and very into himself, kind of demon. 
 

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung felt as though Sydel considered them as actual creatures and the Chosen’s he claimed wasn’t them. The two girls turned around and saw their four friends behind them. But, just the same as them, Sydel must’ve been speaking to only Tiffany and Jessica. 
 

“Does it look like we want to talk? We’re not here to chit-chat.” Jessica stated boldly, exuding a daring and brave exterior. But, inside she was crappping her pants and slightly regretted this act of confidence.
 

“Unnie… Be careful. He only senses the two of you as threats, not us.” Seohyun whispered to the two, as she studied the situation cautiously. 
 

Tiffany and Jessica nodded at Seohyun observation. “We don’t know how much time we have left. So, you have to do your best until we change back.”
 

Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s hand, the latter’s hand was trembling quite a bit. “Jessi… We can do it. We’re so close to Yuri, so close.”
 

Jessica tightened the grip of their hands. Yuri… Wait just a little longer.


Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yoona, and Seohyun looked at Jessica and Tiffany worriedly when the two fearlessly closed the distance between them and Sydel. Yoona desperately looked around in hopes of seeing Taeyeon and Sunny here by now. The thought of only Tiffany and Jessica doing this alone wasn’t very comforting.
 

Sydel flexed his muscle. “I can hear your hearts go pitter-patter just from looking at me. But, no! You mustn’t throw yourselves at me. My incredible iness is too much for any mere Chosen to handle.”
 

Sydel rubbed the tip of his chin with his masculine fingers. “You girls look very beautiful. Most gorgeous Chosen’s I’ve ever seen. I can’t resist your devastatingly beautiful faces, but my icy heart is incapable of feeling love. “
 

“You know, he’s so self- absorbed,” Tiffany whispered, edging away from him while pulling Jessica with her to avoid frontal confrontation. 
 

“Don’t look directly at me, you might go blind.” Sydel continued to boast about himself. “No matter how much you plead, I’ll never tell you my name!”

It was as if he didn’t notice the girls trying to get past him and into the Temple.

 

“Uh… Okay then. We’d better get going now.” Tiffany gave him her award winning eye-smile, while Jessica gave him a V-sign, along with a loathing and forceful smile. The two quickened their steps, praying this stupid act of play might work. 
 

Wrong.


 “You, miss hot shot.”
 

A long pole with rings extended from his stance, reached all the way to the two girls.
 

He pointed at Jessica. "Show me what you got."


The girls in their creature forms saw what happened to Jessica and Tiffany and gasped. “He’s… He’s like, some type of evil shaolin Demon Lord?”
 

Sydel raised the pole and lifted the chin of Jessica.
 

Jessica stood stiff as she felt her heart pounding out of her chest.
 

“Mmm? All bark and no bite? You know, if you can take this blow, I’ll give you the win.”


The cold metal grazed the tip of her lower jaw, while Sydel had a disgusting, sly grin plastered on his face.
 

Jessica snapped. She despised individuals like these.
 

She swiftly grabbed the pole from advancing any further and released her Ice magic, freezing the area within her grip.
 

“You don’t often meet someone that matches the definition of scum.”


“How dare you, girl!” The insult angered Sydel. He initiated the battle with a quick swing with his staff, but the attack missed Tiffany and Jessica. 
 

Tiffany crouched, pulling Jessica down with her. “You definitely picked a fight.”
 

“I regret nothing.”
 

A raging Sydel levitated and attempted to hit the two girls with his dark, metallic pole. Jessica and Tiffany were caught off guard from the gravity defying skill, causing the two to get knocked down to the ground.
 

Sydel pivoted and swung his pole again, this time, only going for Tiffany. Tiffany managed to evade it and charged forward with one fist encircled with pink magic. Tiffany went in for a devastating punch, but she mysteriously missed.
 

“Eh?” Tiffany saw Sydel turn into a black shadow, then disappeared.
 

“My my, you’re really awful. Is this all you got?” Sydel magically appeared from behind and taunted the confused Tiffany.
 

Tiffany hastily tumbled away from the surprise and swiped her hand, creating a furious pink slash to distance herself.  “Arrgh… I’M NOT!”
 

When Jessica prepared to launch an ice attack, Sydel sensed the aura of a unique power emitting from her. But, before Jessica could strike, Sydel whirled his metallic pole with his one hand and lashed directly at Jessica’s neck.
 

Just barely, Jessica managed to flick her head backwards to avoid being decapitated. 


“…That Spirit! I refuse to believe it had chosen itself to be with the likes of you! ” Sydel out fiercely, which Jessica narrowly evaded; completely destroying nature behind her.
 

Attacking again, he shot vigorously at Jessica’s head, but it hit the ground. Refusing to give Jessica a second’s break, she struggled to continue dodging the attacks.
 

That was a close one. I can’t make any mistakes. Jessica backed up with quick steps, freezing the ground with ice, and created ice spikes, impaling Sydel’s leg.
 

“Where’s Yuri! TELL ME WHERE SHE IS!”
 

 There were hints of white, luminescing lights beaming off of it, causing Sydel to be blinded for seconds.


“She’s dea - Agh!” Sydel slipped and missed his next hit and much to the surprise, Jessica succeeded in grabbing the end of his pole and froze his entire pole, including the hands he held it with.
 

Once Sydel’s short blindness wore off, he caught a glimpse of Jessica making contact with his magical dark pole. Jessica was about to deliver a heavy blow. But, before Jessica could, Sydel pulled his weapon towards himself and casted a lost magic spell. The strings of dark power drove into Jessica and attacked the insides of her body.
 

“AHH!” Jessica shrieked; feeling excruciating, burning pain swallow her internally. She was immediately sent flying, her body crashed hard against the rune walls of the Temple. 
 

“We need to get out of this now!” Sooyoung cried out at her friend who just got hit from a devastating blow. 


“We’re… We’re so useless.” Yoona had great difficulty watching their friends battle out there.
 

“JESSICA!” Everything happened so fast that Tiffany couldn’t help but feel helpless. She clenched her fists and charged her pink magic, then fired torrents of beams towards Sydel. Following up, she dashed forward into the clouded spot and coated her leg with pink magic, kicking the latter’s head, and sending him across the field.
 

With the time made, Tiffany frantically ran to the injured Jessica laying on the ground.
 

“Jessica, don’t die! You’re not dead are you?!” Tiffany touched Jessica’s shoulder, trying to wake her, but when she took a closer look, she saw blood trickling down the side of Jessica’s head.
 

“Jessi!”


Jessica rolled to her forearms, facing the ground and began coughing severely. With each gasping cough, her entire upper body was deepen with agony to the point where blood started to pour out.  “Oh my god, Jessica! You’re not okay!” 
 

“Wh…What did he do to me…” Jessica looked at the blood in her palm. It hurts…
 

“We can’t win! You’re really hurt!” Tiffany’s heart pained at the condition Jessica was in. “Let’s just run away and wait for Taeyeon! We can’t do this!”
 

“No…” Jessica shut her eyes tightly.
 

“We have to do this, Tiffany. If we don’t fight back, it’s over for us. They can’t help us! We can’t rely on them!” 


Tiffany trembled and watched the girl helplessly, as she got on one knee.  “J-Jessi! Don’t get up! You’re hurt! “
 

Jessica winced gravely and staggered. “Tiff, the two of us can do it. Just believe, have hope. ”
 

“B-But, it’ll just end up the same way!” 
 

Jessica ignored her injuries, and raised her voice at her worried and tensed friend. “TIFF! Am I going to have to kick his asss myself!?”
 

“I… I… No, you’re not. But, Jessi, please…”
 

Jessica knew Tiffany was terror-strickened, the girl had never been put in such a dangerous, serious situation.
 

Jessica wiped the blood off the edges of her lips. “Not a chance. We’ll get this done.”


…...


“I couldn’t even sense her presence,” Sydel got up onto his feet from the hit. Observing their state, he was able to hurt the fake Light Goddess with his special lost magic pulse.

 

While Tiffany was helping Jessica attempt to stand firmly from her injuries, Sydel took advantage of her impairment and reformed his pole to become flexible. He grabbed Tiffany’ leg by surprise and threw her into a rune pillar. 
 

“TIFFANY!” Jessica staggered to desperately grab Tiffany, but she was too slow.
 

Jessica readied herself to retaliate, but Sydel instantly tackled Jessica in the gut. She let out an agonizing groan, as all of her oxygen had rushed out of her. 
 

She tried her best to counter by summoning columns of frozen spikes, though Sydel managed to dodge all but one. One of the frozen spikes made a gash into his shoulder, causing his demonic flesh to sear painfully. Landing only one attack on him, the Spirit of Light dealt great damage. 
 

Jessica caught a peek at his pained reaction. 

 

She wheezed exhaustingly. “WHERE IS YURI?!”
 

Sydel glared at Jessica with frustration. “Filthy Chosen, I’d rather die than tell you!”

 

He quickly utilized his magic pole whirling hard to the side of Jessica.
 

Just in time, Jessica created an ice shield to block the deathly blow to her neck. He then goes for the other side of Jessica, but she managed to hinder his next attack by releasing spirals of frozen edges towards him. Her magic made multiple cuts to his back.

 

I... I can do this. Yuri, I’ll save you. No matter what.
 

Sydel growled angrily from her effective magic, it damaged him greatly as well.
 

Jessica was out of breath, she was panting heavily, every breath was tormenting.

 

“… Is that all you got?” She mocked in this arduous battle. It was a lot worse since she got severely wounded early on.  
 

With every blow Sydel did on her, Jessica’s abilities and endurance fell. He noted that she was injured very badly and attempting to stand was a struggle.

 

He his pole furiously, extending its capacity at Jessica in high speed.
 

Jessica cursed and blocked the pole to the side. Then, Jessica lost sight of him.
 

“JESSICA WATCH OUT! “

 

 Sydel sprinted towards her with demonic speed and enhanced his knee with lost magic, and kicked Jessica directly in the ribs. Blood escaped Jessica’s mouth. Then he used his pole to smack her back; drilling her to the ground.
 

“NO! JESSICA! JESSICA! ” Tiffany blasted her magic at the rune rubble that fell on her.

 

“After seeing who I'm up against, it's a pain to mop up this small fry.” Sydel smirked, enjoy the view of Jessica lying on the ground, beaten up and defeated.
 

“W-We should have retreated… But, no one else can help us.” Tiffany’s eyes began to throb.

 

“… I won’t let you hurt my friends anymore!” 
 

She exploded out of the rubble with bright magic completely cloaking her body, radiating pink light. Her eyes were no longer brown, they were taken over by a pink hue. 
 

Sydel switched his view to Tiffany and saw her Spirit grant her greater powers. Tiffany charged towards him, effortlessly striking him down with one punch. She was going to follow up, until he disappeared and reappeared next to Jessica’s wounded body.

 

He wiped the blood from his mouth and glanced at Jessica, smirking. 
 

“Hmm? I shall finish off this one, she was a lot more challenging.” Sydel roughly picked up Jessica’s limp body by the hair. Jessica let out a weak whimper from the aggression.
 

“Damn you! Let her go!” Tiffany tensed, wary of hurting Jessica any further.


He used this distraction and released a dark wave of powerful magic towards Tiffany.
 

“ENOUGH!!” 
 

A small, black growling object zipped by, heading directly at the dark wave. The thing flashed before clashing and turned into a human. A familiar human.

 

“T-Taeyeon!”
 

Taeyeon’s eyes were filled with rage and disappeared from Tiffany’s sight.  Tiffany only discovered Sydel struggling to dodge attacks from an unforeseeable force.
 

“DON’T TOUCH MY FRIENDS!”

 

 It was Taeyeon moving at an unbelievable speed; swiftly assaulting him with multiple blows.
 

“R-Reinforcments, eh?” Sydel noted Taeyeon’s power and mentally stated that she is, in fact, strong. Extremely powerful, even without unleashing her Spirit magic. 

 

“SHUT UP COWARD!” Taeyeon spun and tornado kicked Sydel’s skull, hurling him away.
 

After her blow, Taeyeon immediately went to Tiffany; who held the battered, wounded, Jessica protectively on her lap, along with the rest of her friends closely beside them. 

 

“Tiffany! Jessica! I was late… I’m sorry… I’m so sorry!” 
 

 “U-Unnie…” Yoona sniffed and wiped her nose. She and the other girls were crying for their friends. “We couldn’t h-help them.”

 

“But, now we can.” Sunny stood next to Seohyun and Yoona, putting a hand on the younger girls shoulder.
 

“We’re back.”
 

Taeyeon’s heart dropped at the state of Jessica and what Tiffany had to go through. The regret was painful, if only they didn’t transform into creatures, they would’ve been here to help Tiffany and Jessica. But, no one could. If they were all in their original forms, Jessica wouldn’t have been terribly injured.
 

“Jessica…” Tiffany’s body trembled from the adrenaline. 

 

“She’s… She’s still alive. I can feel her heart.” Tiffany hovered her hand above Jessica’s chest.

 

Taeyeon’s mouth sets into a deep frown, “…Unforgivable… No one does this to my friends. NO ONE!”
 

Taeyeon’s nails dug into her palm as she clenched her fist. She was shaking uncontrollable from the rage that consumed her entire body. A variation of colours were exhausting around her body. 

 

Her eyes began to tingle.
 

Then, her brown coloured iris exploded with colours radiating and dominating, like a supernova.
 

Taeyeon’s hair blew furiously as her spectrum of colours completely spiraled around her body, and the ground underneath her caved. 

 

“My turn.”


-----------



Was this an enjoyable chapter? Hahah <3 See you next update