First Impressions

Into the Digital World



*Note*  Imagine the girls falling from the sky. Some are conscious, some are not. Starting, now.

---

 

I feel the wind in my face, blowing through my hair, I spread my arms wide, feeling like I can fly. I soar up to the sky, and gracefully dive down to the earth. Landing so safely.

Here we have Taeyeon dropping straight from the sky and into the forest. 

 

“Aaagghh!! ” Taeyeon emerged from the bushes with twigs and leaves sticking out. 


She ran her through her hair,  and felt objects poking her. “… This stick better move…”
 

She tried her best at pulling them out, but there was one twig that was stubborn and refused to budge. So she lost the will to continue and stood up.


With wide open, eyes in awe, and a twig sticking out of her hair.

“Where am I?...” She barely voiced out and observed the vast green in front of her.

“How did I even get here..” 

As she continued to actively wander her head in every direction, she began to walk cluelessly. Taeyeon climbed over giant logs, ducked under weird looking vines that hung everywhere, and somewhat took in the odd forest-like air.

Suddenly, behind a tree, she saw a red glowing orb floating nearby. Curiosity took over her and she wanted to see it up close.

 

With every step she took, she felt as though the ground was sinking. She brought her eyes down to realize that her feet were being absorbed by the ground. 
 

“You gotta be kidding me!”
 

Taeyeon tried to quickly run back.

*WHOOSH*

 

“KYYAAAAAAAAAAAA” Taeyeon sceamed, as she fell into a giant cave, along with the ground debris.
 

She threw her arms frantically in order to try and grab a hold of something. Luckily, she spotted some vines, but she missed due to her small body structure.

“Ummpf. ” She landed on her in soft sand. “Oh thank god for soft landing.”

 

Getting up, Taeyeon patted her clothes to rid of some sand.
 

Examining the vast cave, she saw the giant open circular space up above her.
 

“So, that’s where I fell from, huh? ” And continued to survey the whole area.

There was a beautiful, turquoise blue lagoon in front of her, where she had nearly fallen into. The reflection from the water gave off rays of rainbow-like colours. The feel was euphoric. At the end of the lagoon seemed to be a start of tides.

 

Automatically. she knew that it led to the outside. 

“Time to get outta here.” 

However, up in the sky was a black dot, slowly getting bigger, and bigger. Falling from the sky, it dropped through the same hole of the cave.

*SPLASH* 

Waves of water soaked Taeyeon’s backside.

 

“OMO!” She changed direction face to the sudden noise. She took careful steps towards the object and tilted her head sideways to view it better.

Watching the ripples of the water, she saw the large source floating around, and it looked like what seemed to resemble strands of…

“HAIR?! Is that someone’s head?!” Taeyeon dipped her feet at the edge of the water to get a closer look.

 

“H-h-hair, is that an alien?!” She quickly backed away.

A while later, masses of bubbles start to surface up in one area. Bubbles?... Oxygen, it must be a living thing.

Throwing away fearful thoughts, she dove in to rescue the figure, but hit her head at the bottom of the water. She got up and realized it wasn't as deep as she thought, it was only up to her hips.

“Owww,” Taeyeon holds her forehead.

“O CRAP! The thing!”

 

She rushed to the thing, and grabbed whatever she could get a hold of – which was a hand full of hair -  and pulled with all her might, dragging a..

“... GIRL !? A HUMAN GIRL?!” She said, while huffing and puffing. Struggling to bring the girl to the sand. 

When she was far enough from the water, she let go of the girl’s hair, and plopped on the sand to catch her breath. Taking a glance at the unconscious girl lying on her back, Taeyeon rushed to the her side and shook her.

“Hey, wake up!” Taeyeon continue to shake.

 

Then, she stopped and bent herself to check the girl's breathing. “Uh oh.”
 

She double checks and bent down again. “This is not good.”

Taeyeon began using her limited knowledge of CPR .

 

Kneeling beside her, “Aish what was it.. 40 Compressions? Sounds about right.“
 

Taeyeon placed her palms on the girl’s chest,  locked her elbows straight, and began to count.


“38,39 … 40!!” Taeyeon tilted the girl’s head back and lowered her own head closer to her.
 

She became a bit uneasy, “Such a gorgeous looking girl..” 
 

“What am I thinking! I have a life to save! ” Closing the space between their mouths, she tensed up again.
 

“Cute lips.. I want to - “ 

*BLEGHGHH* 

The girl jolted up, spewing out hose-like water. Just barely missing Taeyeon. With her eyes shut tightly, she coughed harshly and gently held .

Taken by surprise, Taeyeon stared at the gorgeous girl puking out water. More of the girl than the water. She snapped back to reality and rubbed the girl’s back.

 

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon continued to rub her back with one hand and held her shoulder with the other.
 

“Does it LOOK like I’m okay?!” The girl managed to speak with a strained, worn-out voice. 
 

“Clearly.”
 

“Why’d you ask then?”
 

“Well, for the first part.. You fell from the sky and dropped through there, “ Taeyeon pointed at the giant open space. “And crash-landed in the middle of the lagoon,” then pointed her finger to the water.
 

“I fell from up there too and..”
 

“And...?” The girl asked.

“I dragged you out before you drowned to death. You were unconscious when I hauled you out. ”

 

A slight guilt was written on her face. “Thanks."
 

“By pulling your hair.” Taeyeon finished.
 

“What!? My hair…! MY GORGEOUS BLONDE HAIR ?! How could you! ” The blondie cried out as she ran her hands through her hair.
 

“Am I bald? Is there a bald spot?” She felt her head some more.
 

“You’re so fine. Still beautifu-“ Taeyeon stopped at the sudden words being thrown out.
 

The blondie eyed her. “What did you just say?” 
 

“I said, you’re fine. Your hair is fine.” Taeyeon saved herself.
 

"Wait.. You survived such a massive drop,  how can you be alive??"


"Uh? How the hell am I supposed to know why!?" The blondie replied sharply.
 

Taeyeon looked at the girl up and down. "How do I know you're not an alien..? A human would die from that."
 

The blondie looked at Taeyeon incredulously. "Are you seriously implying that I'm an alien."
 

"Possibly."
 

"I don't know! I didn't even know I fell from the frickin sky!! I just woke up here all soaked!" The blondied angered by such accusations.
 

"If that's the case.. Where are you from? How old are you? Are you male or female?" Taeyeon quizzed the blondie.
 

"America. 20. Female." The blondie answered spitefully.
 

"All human-like answers. You are not an alien."
 

"Really now? The thought always occurred to me that I was one." 
 

“Anyway,” Taeyeon brushed off the sarcasm. “The bigger question is… WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?!” Taeyeon spoke with a loud voice.

 

Upon hearing that question, it finally came to the blondie that she’s in a cave.
 

“WHERE AM I ?!?!”
 

“I just – All I remember was being at school then I saw a black figure, and out.” The blondie placed her fingers on her temples.

Processing the information Taeyeon heard her say, she also began to think back what had happened to her. She was leaving the office and was on her way to class. 

“I saw a black figure too! I was walking back to my class and I turned around because I heard something. Next thing I knew, I out.” She explained.

“Just what in the world is going on...”

“We both saw black figures before we out, this is so freakishly odd, I hope this ends soon...” The blondie pouted. “I’m sleepy too."

“I hope so too. Before you plunged from the sky, I was about to leave and check the outside.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Wanna come?" Taeyeon asked, wearing an inviting look. "Better than sitting here waiting for who knows what.” 
 

“I don’t want to.” 
 

Taeyeon got up, patted her , and wiped her hands. “Look, I can’t leave you here by yourself. You’re a normal girl like me, we need to stick together.”
 

She shoved her open palm in her face. “C’mon , get up.” 
 

The blondie ignored the hand in front of her and slowly retracted, she closed her eyes and was ready to nap.
 

 “I see how you want it. Suit yourself.” Taeyeon grabbed the blondie’s foot and dragged her out with her. Creating a dented trail in the sand.
 

“Hey! Let go! I don’t even know you!” Screamed the blondie.
 

“Kim Taeyeon.”
 

“Excuse you?”
 

“My name is Kim Taeyeon.” She repeated. “ And you are?”
 

“None of your business.” The blondie sputtered.
 

“Ok, fair enough,” Taeyeon replied. “Miss. None- of – your – business, let’s get going.”
 

“Don’t call me that.”
 

“But you said you were ‘none of your busi- “ 
 

“Jessica. Jessica Jung.” She said, interrupting Taeyeon.
 

Satisfied with her way, Taeyeon smiled. “Nice to meet yah, Jesshika.”
 

“Jesshika? No, It’s Je-SSIC-ah.” Jessica enunciated.


Taeyeon gave her a weird look. “All right, Je – SHIK- ah. “ Taeyeon copied. 
 

“It’s SI-SIIII-CA. Not SHHHII-ka.”
 

“SHHHII – ka,” Taeyeon made a concentrated face and tried once more. “SHHIIII…. SHHIII…… “
 

“You know what! It doesn’t matter!” Jessica gave up. “ Let’s go.”
 

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders as they both made their way out of the cave.
 

-----


Exiting the cave, they found themselves standing at the edge of a cliff. And in front of them, they saw acres of trees, cliffs,  mountains, and more trees.

“Wow.. this view .. “

 

“Is amajing ..” Taeyeon  added.
 

“Did you just- never mind.” 
 

Taeyeon gave a confused face. “Is something wrong?”
 

“Nothing,” Jessica let out a tired sigh. “ So, what should we do now?” 
 

“We need to find a way down, should we climb down? ” Taeyeon pondered.  "I mean, the distance doesn’t seem THAT big."
 

“Are you crazy?! We can’t cli-“
 

“BUL-LE BUL-LE BUL-LE BUL-LE !!”
 

Jessica and Taeyeon snapped their heads back to the direction of the cave they came out of.
 

“What was that?” Taeyeon squinted her eyes.
 

“BUL-LE BUL-LE BUL-LE BUL-LE BUL-LE!!!”
 

“It’s getting louder... Why is it getting louder??” Jessica spoke with growing uncertainty. Her eyes grew wider as it got louder.
 

Taeyeon concentrated her attention to the cave again and cupped her ears.
 

“BUL-LEEEEE !! BUGS BUGS BUGS !!”
 

Hidden in the shadow, there was a short, loud screaming girl running like wildfire.

Both of the girls looked at each other in fear, and looked down at the cliff,  then they glanced at the black cave, and back to read each other’s faces again.

 

“No. No Taeyeon, don’t you dare.” 
 

“It could be a monster! Hurry, grab my hand!” 
 

“Touch your hand? I don’t need that!”
 

“I don’t care! Stop being a princess an-  WAIT “ Taeyeon’s eyes widened, “IS... IS THAT A PERSON RUNNING TOWARDS US ?! A GIRL??”
 

“What?!” Jessica turned her head to face the cave.
 

“BUUUUUGS EVERRRRYYYWHERE !!!  TOOO MMAAANNYYY !!” The girl came bolting out with her hair flying, eyes closed, and hands swatting in every possible direction. 
 

“HEY HEY STOP ! SLOW DOWN!“ Taeyeon shouted at the girl.
 

But, the girl had her eyes shut and was oblivious to her surroundings- except for the bugs, and continued to sprint towards Taeyeon and Jessica. 
 

“She’s not stopping... She’s going to run off the cliff or into us! We have to find a way...” Taeyeon muttered to herself. She brought her eyes to Jessica and a plan popped up.
 

“JESSICA ! RUN INTO HER!!” Taeyeon promptly yelled.


“What is wrong with you?! Why in the world would I do that!? Jessica faced Taeyeon in utter shock. 
 

“JUST DO IT!!“ Taeyeon looked over at Jessica. “HURRY BEFORE SHE CRASHES RIGHT INTO -”

 

“UMMPFF! ” The girl collided right into Taeyeon, which caught Jessica by surprise and made Jessica fall on her bum.
 

The impact was hard so it pushed Taeyeon off balance, making her fall backwards. With the girl landing on top of Taeyeon, the force from the strong collision made both the girl and Taeyeon accelerate towards the cliff-side. Their bodies slid until the top half of Taeyeon’s body hovered over the edge of the cliff.

Taeyeon felt her upper half of her body lose contact with the ground. Aware of what was happening and her bad situation, she opened her eyes and checked how dangerous it was.

 

“Taeyeon! Don’t move!!” Jessica shouted, as she quickly got up to reach them.
 

“Ugh, ” Taeyeon grunted out and tilted her head side ways to observe her position. “Oh..O-O-h-Oh god ..This is not good."
 

Taeyeon stretched her neck just over the girl on top of her. "JESSICA!“
 

“Taeyeon! The ground's cracking!“ Jessica didn’t know what to do as the cracks widen drastically.
 

“Hey, girl, get up.” Taeyeon pushed the girl’s shoulder’s. “Whatever you do, don’t make any sudden big movements, you hear me?”
 

The girl slowly opened her eyes to see Taeyeon’s strong eyes. However, just past those eyes, she saw the view to her doom.
 

“AAAAAHHHHH !!!!” Shrieked the girl. The girl became terrified and pushed herself off from Taeyeon, adding more pressure to the ground.
 

“PLEASE CALM DOWN,  DAMN IT!” Taeyeon desperately commanded. But the girl was in total hysteria, she had completely disregarded all voices and didn’t hear Taeyeon.
 

The hysteric girl forced herself off of Taeyeon to get up and began to run back. As she made a run for it, she tripped over Taeyeon’s foot and crashed face first to the ground.
 

Taeyeon scanned what just happened and knew the outcome. She saw the crack worsen severely. Before Taeyeon could even make a move, her body started to tilt backwards. 
 

“TAEYEON!!! HURRY!!“ Jessica cried out,  as she was on all fours behind the widen cracks and stretched out her hand.
 

This situation was beyond alarming. Taeyeon slowly got on one knee, and very carefully slid herself upwards. She managed to kneel beside the distraught girl and grabbed her hand.

“Listen to me. Move carefully and slowly.”

The girl could only reply with a head nod in her state.

The two girls were struggling because of the slight upward angle, yet still made progress and were about less than an arm’s length to reach Jessica. Jessica was incredibly fearful, she can only look helplessly.

 

Suddenly, the two girls began to feel their knees sink and the ground collapsed under them.
 

“AAHHHH!” Wailed the girl. Taeyeon immediately grabbed the girl’s hand that fell first beside her.
 

“JESSICA!!” Taeyeon shouted and leaped as close as she could to Jessica with her hand out.
 

Due to Taeyeon’s short arms and the weight of the girl beside her, her jump did not cover much distance.


“TAEYEON !! “ Jessica screamed and instantaneously pounced forward to grab Taeyeon’s hand. She managed to extend her right arm the furthest and she clutched onto Taeyeon’s hand to dear life.
 

Jessica and Taeyeon locked eyes with extreme shock and panic. Jessica began to breathe unstably and her palms began to sweat, as adrenaline went overdrive. Taeyeon stared straight into Jessica with determination and refused to look down, as well as tightening her grip on the girl hanging along with her.

“Jessica,” Taeyeon spoke with a very shaky, yet calm tone. “Jessica, pull us up.”

Taeyeon tried not to make her feelings of extreme fear and throat tightening terror obvious because the life of her and the girl depended on Jessica.

 

Jessica lifted her other hand from the edge that supported her and prevented her from being dragged down with them, so she quickly gripped her two hands on Taeyeon’s. The sudden weight change and support loss made Jessica jerk forward, but she managed to use her knees to keep her grounded.
 

Jessica took one deep, trembling breath. 1, 2, and 3.
 

She yanked them up with all her might and managed to get half of Taeyeon’s body up. But, with such a strenuous pull, it added the last of the pressure needed to shatter the ground.
 

The girls held on to each other tightly and plunged down the cliff.