The Encounter

Into the Digital World


~~~~ (╯°Д°)

-------

“How long has it been since the Chosen’s decided to show up?” 

“Ages. Any longer and we’ll take over.” 

“Daemon, why don’t you visit our new little friends.”

“It will be my pleasure.”

……


The demonic being crept out of the shadows with devilish, dark purple wings secured shut behind its back. Silver horns growing out of the temples of its head, with a black hairy mane along the back of its neck. And with each arm and feet, extends dangerously sharp claws.

 

“Scared litt- “ 
 

“Ahhh! Ugly!” Tiffany covered her eyes and hid behind Taeyeon.
 

“How dare you cut me off, weaklings.” Daemon growled.
 

“Weaklings?!” That ticked all 9 girls off. They paid no attention to the eerie, terrifying scenery and villainous devil anymore. 
 

Daemon flinched back at the unexpected loud outburst. The response caught him by surprise since it wasn’t an expected reaction.


Sooyoung raised her fist at him. “ YAH ! who you callin a weaklin’ !!”
 

“We’ll shove you back to your womb!! ” Hyoyeon cupped her hands to . 
 

Yuri took one step forward and yelled loudly, extending her neck to the fullest. “Say that one more time!!” 
 

The blaring tantrum startled and confused Daemon.  These words felt insulting.
 

Beside the hollering pests, below him were girls snarling at him like animals. One, especially, did not blink once. She particularly had a murderous look with a menacing posture. 
 

Daemon fixed his composure. “Fools, you think you can defeat me? Even lay a finger one me?”
 

“Allow me to show you my trophy!” Daemon laughed manically, as he brought forth a spherical glass cage.
 

“Oh… my … god…” Jessica covered . The urge to vomit was reaching its peak.
 

Inside the spherical glass were multiple human bodies. Dead human bodies. Piled up on top of each other. Stains of blood streaked the clear walls. 
 

“Don’t worry, you’ll be the new addition to my collection.”  
 

The girls were grossed out and terrified. Only a mere glance of it was nauseating and utterly repulsive. 
 

“Girls…” Taeyeon’s voice trembled. She cleared to try and calm down her speech, but her heart was racing. “We’re not going to end up like that.”
 

“They probably said the same thing and…” Tiffany looked away from the horrid sight. She saw Jessica looking down, away from the bloody mess. Tiffany took Jessica’s hand and held it tight. 
 

Taeyeon looked to Sunny and her eyes pleaded for some assistant, Sunny swallowed and took a deep breath. Her friend needed her to be on the same page as her right now.
 

“ Taeyeon’s right, as long as we look out for each other, that won’t happen.” 
 

Taeyeon then looked at Tiffany, speaking with her eyes to do the same. Tiffany saw a glint of courage in Taeyeon’s eyes. She stuttered at first, but composed herself better and blinked with renewed vision. ‘TaeTae and Jessi need me now.’
 

“As long… As long as we have each other, we can do it.” A hint a of pink flickered in Tiffany’s iris temporarily before disappearing.
 

Sooyoung rolled up her sleeves and no longer was she scared when her pride was insulted. “Hell to the yeah we can do this!”
 

Taeyeon looked at the Shikshin. 
 

Yoona walked up beside Sooyoung and cracked her knuckles, “ I don’t like being called a weakling. Not one bit.”
 

“Yoona – unnie, don’t crack your knuckles, the sounds disturb me.” Seohyun whined and forcibly had to separate Yoona’s hands to stop her from continuing, but the latter had continued cracking them just to bother her.
 

Taeyeon switched her glance to Yoona. A small smile of gratitude appeared on her face. She turned to Yuri who looked unsettled.
 

“Yuri?” Taeyeon observed the girl. 
 

Yuri maintained straight eye contact with Daemon. “Taeyeon, I feel… Strange.” 
 

Taeyeon shook Yuri’s shoulders. “Yuri ! Look at me!”
 

Taeyeon looked into her eyes and saw her iris flickered seldomly. “Yuri!” She tapped Yuri’s cheek, but the girl was not responding anymore.
 

Taeyeon was starting to believe Yuri was losing herself, so she raised her fist.
 

*smack*
 

Their friends twisted their head to the direction of the sound. They gasped upon seeing Yuri’s head turned and Taeyeon’s raised fist. They frantically went to the two girls and separated them.
 

Jessica pushed Yuri back, while Tiffany held Taeyeon from doing another.
 

“Oh my god! Why are you guys fighting?! How could you two do this to each other!”
 

"What the hell are you two trying to prove?!"
 

Yuri placed her palm on her red stricken cheek. “ Thanks, Taeyeon.”
 

“Thanks?” Jessica let go of Yuri and stepped back confusedly.
 

“Anytime.” Taeyeon loosened herself from the confused Tiffany. 
 

Jessica exchanged her glance between Taeyeon and Yuri. “What’s going on?”
 

Taeyeon spoke with strong eyes. “ Simple. Something was trying to take over Yuri, so I slapped her.” 
 

“And that something…” Sunny looked at Taeyeon then to the Daemon.
 

Taeyeon threw a hateful glare at Daemon.
 

Daemon’s crimson eyes conveyed menace, as it barrelled down at Yuri. “How interesting. You’re coming back with me.”
 

The girls stiffened, yet stood strong and firm. Jessica glanced at Yuri and saw her give a presence of bravery, but deep down, Jessica knew there was fear; a presence Jessica’s seen before.  Jessica reached for Yuri’s hand and squeezed it.
 

“What makes you think I’m gonna let you?” Yuri fought back unafraid with an equally cold, and unwavering threatening glare. 
 

“I am a God!” Daemon’s voice boomed across the field, the gust of wind startling everyone. Yuri felt her hand occupied and saw Jessica looking back at her shrinkingly. Naturally, Yuri protectively moved Jessica behind her; without letting each other go.
 

“A weakling like you dare to defy me?” Daemon crossed his arms mockingly. He the corner of his lips. “You fine young ladies will be my most prized possessions.”
 

“Oh gross, gross!” Sooyoung squirmed her whole body. “That ugly thing thinks I’m so fine.”
 

“I’ll end this quickly. Rest in Hell.”
 

Daemon swiped his hand, releasing a massive stream of black magic at them.
 

Yoona immediately summoned a giant earth wall, guarding the sudden attack. Jessica casted a an ice shell, surrounding the entire group. Behind the barrier, Sunny manipulated gravity, cancelling the time of speed towards them. While, Seohyun released wind currents to counter and angle the magic slightly past them. 
 

Black currents drilled the side of Yoona and Jessica’s defensive walls. Once the magic dispersed, Taeyeon leaped over the barrier and covered one hand with a sphere of varicoloured elements.
 

Face to face, Taeyeon punched Daemon in the face. But, Daemon avoided it.
 

“Splendid. I’ll show you my gratitude for such a gratifying display. You Chosen’s are the first to survive it, however, you will be the last.” 
 

Taeyeon landed adjacently to Daemon and grinned. “ Got yah.”
 

Daemon brought his attention down to his cheek, there was a slight graze of damage. He reached and touched it. A hint of blood coloured his fingers. 
 

Daemon face wrinkled with anger. “You wimps are done for.” 
 

Daemon points all 10 fingers at the girls and shot bullets of dark magic out from his fingertips. Firing simultaneously at the girls from each fingertip.
 

Yoona and Jessica held up their shield, while Sunny continued to use her gravitational pull to bring the bullets down, with the help of Seohyun gusts of wind. Sooyoung peered out of the shield as she released bolts of lightning in retaliation. 
 

Hyoyeon , Yuri, Taeyeon, and Tiffany were dodging for dear life, leaping and rolling with each oncoming attack.
 

Tiffany evaded one of its dark bullets, and formed heart shaped magic between her palms. She aimed at Daemon’s head and released her powerful magic with an explosive wave.
 

Daemon counterd with two combined dark bullets and collided with Tiffany’s pink heart. The impact created massive debris, clouding between Daemon and the girls.
 

Suddenly, Taeyeon emerged out from the dust and pummeled him with her multi-coloured fists. Daemon was launched back by Taeyeon’s punches, but easily shrugged her off and retaliated strongly. He dodged the next punch and grabbed Taeyeon’s leg, throwing her several metres into Yoona and Jessica. 
 

Taeyeon’s body smashed into their shields, but luckily, the damage was lessen by Seohyun’s soften wind that caught her mid-air. 


Right away, Yuri rushed to the side of Daemon and covered her arms in flames, as she bombarded him with a barrage of furious attacks. But she missed, as Daemon casually dodged to the sides and blocked them. However, with each block Daemon did, Yuri’s attacks were unforeseeably strong. He looked closely on the next incoming punch and gripped her wrist. Yuri attacked with her other fist, but Daemon grabbed it too. He twisted her wrists and slammed Yuri down to the ground.
 

“It cannot be! How could a pathetic human like you possess this! ” Daemon trapped Yuri below him, and tightened his grip. Jealously was beginning to blind his objective.
 

Yuri gritted through her teeth when her body was pressured into the ground.
 

“Possess wh-wha… Aggghh!“ Yuri grunted, she couldn’t believe she made a foolish mistake. Yuri generated flames on her fists trying to make Daemon release, but his mind had completely taken over with confliction to feel any pain that was searing around his skin.
 

After helping Taeyeon and the members recover, they saw Yuri in grave danger.
 

“Yuri!” Jessica panicked and created Ice arrows , shooting at Daemon with high speed. 
 

Daemon looked to the target who screamed and saw incoming icicle arrows coming its way. By the time he noticed, an arrow sliced his shoulder, loosening his hold on Yuri. The ice arrow seared him more than regular magic.
 

Yuri saw the opening and head butted Daemon dead on. Daemon clutched his head and hissed.
 

Yuri quickly crawled backwards when suddenly, a gush of water went by her. 
 

“Again unnie!”  Seohyun requested to Hyoyeon.
 

Hyoyeon repeated the action, as she casted a whirling torrent of water towards Daemon. Seohyun assisted her by producing a wind cyclone. Together, the combination of their powers was break neck speed. Daemon didn’t know what hit him, as the two powerful magic striked his mid-section.
 

Sooyoung made a sphere- like bomb made of electricity and threw it at Daemon, creating a huge wave of static and thunder. 
 

Daemon grunted, as hestruggled to get up. “ I have had enough!”

He gathered his dark magic in one hand and created a whip full of spikes. As he retracted his arm to swing forcefully at the girls,  he missed, causing his aim to the sky. The ground below him sunk.

 

Yoona crumbled the ground below him and formed boulders rolling down his way. Daemon whipped wildly, as he destroyed all of her attacks. He opened his wings and flew up, but in air he met a very pissed off Taeyeon.
 

“Going somewhere, weakling?” Taeyeon raised her brow and mocked him.
 

Taeyeon ignited both of her hands and combined her varicoloured auras, she tackled him back down to the ground, creating a massive and destructive explosion. Then, Taeyeon stomped on his face and stuck out her tongue before jumping out of the way. 
 

Then, Yuri came flying above with her arms consumed with long torrents of flames. She torpedoed downwards, moving in a spiraling formation. And with each strike she made, the ground would shake and burst of debris flew upwards.
 

Afterwards, Yuri pushed herself off of Daemon when the earth rumbled tremendously.
 

Daemon laid there grievously beaten up, but he refused to lose. He then proceeded his final attack by opening his mouth. A gooey, black hand slid its way out from his mouth. But, before it fully summoned, black blood oozed out of Daemon’s mouth. 
 

Yoona had impaled through every part of his body with earth her spikes. The body however, did not disappear yet.
 

Jessica swiped her arm and created hundreds of ice arrows in the night sky. But before it fell, there was a glint of divine light, as it multiplied into thousands. The arrows rained down; like a meteor shower, piercing through Daemon’s body. Daemon’s body was left withering from Jessica’s attack.
 

The enormous crystal that was deathly black, was now a glistening, holy, clear white. 
 

“Did we seriously just defeat a Demon?” Tiffany asked breathlessly.
 

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung crawled over to the giant crater Yoona created. “I think so, we don’t see him anymore.”
 

“And look,” Sunny pointed to the crystal. “It’s not black anymore. I’m sure that means something.”
 

“Was that Goddess Martel was talking about? These are seals?” Taeyeon tiredly eyed the mechanism.
 

“I guess so,” Sunny replied.
 

…..


Jessica was sitting closely beside Yuri, who appeared to be trying to calm the persistent girl. 

 

“Yuri, just let me take a look!” Jessica tried once more to reach over, but was rejected when Yuri kept turning away.
 

Yuri arched to the side holding her dear wrists close to her.
 

“Why! It’s fine, see??” Yuri showed her a tiny, barely visible, part of her wrist and brought it close again. 
 

“If it’s fine, then show me.” Jessica said sternly, as she opened her palm, awaiting for Yuri to submit.


Yuri retracted to her side when Jessica reached for her wrist again. “Why do you want to see!?” 
 

“Because I know you’re lying to me,” Jessica remembered how Yuri would always pretend that her cuts and oos didn’t hurt. 
 

“Am not.” Yuri defended herself. "I thought you only worried about Taeyeon!"
 

Jessica narrowed her look, "We are not going to go through that again."
 

Yuri gulped. True it wasn’t fine, but she felt slightly insulted that Jessica thought she couldn’t handle this semi-small bruise.
 

“Whatever, it’ll heal by itself.”

 

“Kwon. Yuri.” Jessica stared impatiently at Yuri.
 

When they were kids, Yuri would always say that ‘it’s ok, it’ll take care of itself’ whenever she had hurt herself. Jessica was growing tired of this bickering, they weren’t young anymore to go at it for weeks. 
 

“Now.”
 

“But…” Yuri felt the scolding was very familiar, she only know one girl who would be this firm with her. Yuri hesitantly showed her wrists to Jessica with a meek expression. To begin with, Yuri didn’t want anyone to meddle with it. 
 

Jessica placed Yuri’s wrists on her lap and released her icy mist. Jessica delicately tended her injured wrists by softly brushing the bruised area with her thumb.
 

“Idiot, look how swelled up its gotten.” 
 

Yuri pouted and let out a short whimper. “I’m not an idiot.” 
 

Jessica giggled at her response and continued to lessen the swelling. “ Yes you are, Yul.”
 

Yul?! Yuri ears immediately perked. She examined and studied the girl taking care of her. Her features resembled someone she knew. And there was only one person who’s ever called her that.
 

“Jessica… Just now, you called me ‘Yul’ …” Yuri made deep eye contact with Jessica. “Why?...”
 

“There’s no one else who calls me that except… “
 

Jessica left hanging. “I-I… “
 

“Jessica... Tell me yo-“
 

Yuri was cut off when a sudden massive, dark cloud came into view. 
 

“We have company!!! ” Sooyoung panicked at the unexpected scary scene.
 

Taeyeon immediately stood up, scrutinizing the shadow. They were hoping it wasn’t more trouble just yet.  
 

The dark clouds slowly drifted away, revealing a broad, muscular man holding a staff, with red eyes and unique markings on his face and along his body. 
 

“Daemon was always too cocky for his own good, and look where it got him. Dead.” The man with the markings said in a demonic voice.
 

“Not again…”  Tiffany cursed under her breath. “What do you want.” She demanded fearlessly. 
 

“Brave aren’t you? I am Gaius. And I want her.” Gaius pointed his staff at Yuri.
 

Yuri fiercely narrowed her glare at the man pointing with Jessica staying closely beside her.
 

“Come again?” Tiffany charged her pink magic. 
 

Taeyeon boldly stood beside Tiffany, with an aura of magic surrounding her. “ She’s not going anywhere.”
 

Gaius grinned and casted a type of black magic, which immobilized the 8 girls; excluding Yuri. “You Chosen’s are getting on my nerves.” 
 

Witnessing her friends captured and strangled, Yuri pounced, throwing flaming blast at Gaius. But, she missed as  Gaius teleported behind her.
 

“Let them go!” Yuri swung a kick, but it went through a decoy. She was about release a devastating fire ball, until screams of pain were heard.
 

Yuri saw her friends were trying to break free, but the more they struggled, the tighter the grip became; inflicting great pain.
 

Taeyeon squinted, trying to get a good aim, but every time she moved, the dark bind would wrap around her neck and choke her more.
 

Taeyeon squeezed out a ball of magic, but it hit the ground. “D-Damn it…”
 

“Nice try, maggot. “ Gaius intensified the bind restraining them, hurting the girls intensely.
 

The pain was unbearable. Jessica let out an agonizing cry, which pleased Gaius to great satisfaction. Yuri panicked and ran to Jessica, trying to tear apart the bind. “Jessica!”


Yuri gripped onto the bind angrily. “ Stop it!!”
 

Gaius continued to torture the girls from the resistant Yuri. “You can come quietly or your little friends can perish.”
 

Yuri watched  her friends suffering. She was confused, scared, dismayed. If she could end this , she’ll do whatever it takes. 
 

“I’ll go. “ Yuri’s flames slowly disappeared, as she walked towards him. “Set them free first and I’ll come quietly.”  
 

Gaius grinned devilishly. “Now that’s a good girl.”
 

He freed the girls and dropped them to the ground hard. Right away, he a forceful fist, striking straight into Yuri’s stomach. The power was so strong, Yuri immediately collapsed and out. 
 

Carrying Yuri in his arm, he took off into the sky, leaving a haunting laugh.
 

The girls laid there beaten and motionless. 
 

“Y-Yuri… No…” Jessica weakly reached her hand out to the disappearing figures.
 

Taeyeon tried to stay awake, but her body was giving up on her, everything was getting too heavy. Soon after, she lost consciousness.
 

“Great. This is just great. I came late again.” 
 

-----


Hey everyone! :D Hope you all are enjoying this so far!

And also... My chapters usually range between 2,500 - 2,900 words...  Is this length okay or would most of you prefer it to be short updates? 


Thanks for subscribing, commenting, and the vote ups!
See you next time <3