Threatened

Wolf School

 

Chapter 22

“Hey,” Kris smiled as Tao walked through the door. “Why you back so early?” Lunch had barely started.

“I wanted to see how everyone was doing.”

“Chen’s resting,” Kris told him. “Lay’s in the shower.”

Tao walked up to him and wrapped his arms around his alpha’s waist, surprising him. “Is Chen getting better?”

“A little. He just needs rest. Look, I need to talk to you about something and I don’t want you to get upset, ok?”

Tao pulled back and nodded. “What?”

“I asked Chen to join our pack. Officially.”

Tao glanced down and bit his lip but nodded. “I figured you would. I guess I could be alright with it, after what happened.”

Kris cupped Tao’s face and pressed their foreheads together. “You’re such a good boy.”

“Just don’t forget about me, ok? I feel like no one’s around much lately.”

“Oh, baby.” Kris kissed him softly. “I’m sorry. I keep forgetting this is your first pack.”

Tao smiled shyly and cuddled up to his leader again. After a few minutes standing together in silence, Tao spoke again.

“Has Chen told you who hurt him?”

Kris sighed. “He won’t say. He said he didn’t see them.”

“You don’t believe him?”

“I’m not sure.”

Tao stepped back and sighed. “I saw something yesterday while I was out. I don’t know if it has anything to do with what happened but Chen was talking with Zico.”

“Zico? From the Block B pack?”

Tao nodded.

Kris growled. He knew about Zico’s reputation. He knew he had been kicked out for fighting at the end of the last year. What he was wondering though, was why he had been talking to Chen at all and why Chen wouldn’t tell him about it.

 

Taehyung tapped his foot nervously as he waited. He had already been waiting twenty minutes and Zico said he would be there in fifteen. He checked his watch again. It felt like no time had passed at all.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You sounded worried.”

Taehyung pushed away from the wall at the side of the dorms as Zico came into view. He had responded as soon as Taehyung texted him, more than willing to skip school.

“What did you tell Kyung and Jihoon about me?” he demanded. Zico stopped, taking a minute to process the words and the younger wolf’s angry tone.

“N-nothing. I didn’t see them last night. You know they didn’t turn up.”

Taehyung had thought that too when Zico had come to sit by him on a bench in the rain, asking why he was so upset. Taehyung had wanted someone to talk to so badly that all sorts of things had come out. Things he was embarrassed to have revealed now.

“Then how come they know all this stuff about me? Stuff I told you yesterday.”

“Wait, slow down.” Zico took hold of his arms and refused to let go even when Taehyung tried to shrug him off. “Just explain to me what’s going on.”

“Your stupid members just came up to me saying all this stuff about…. About what we were talking about last night. How could they know about it unless you told them?”

“I didn’t. They never showed up and they’ve been ignoring my calls all day.”

Taehyung sniffed. “Why?

“I don’t know. What did they say to you?”

“Nothing.” He looked down, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

“Come on, just tell me. Was it about your pack?”

“They know I haven’t slept with any of them.”

“And there’s no one else you’ve talked to about that?”

“No! Only my pack know and they wouldn’t tell anyone. Besides, they knew other stuff too, like about Jungkook.”

Zico stepped forward, closing the space between them and rubbed Taehyung’s arms soothingly. “Look, I promise I haven’t talked to them about you. Why would I?”

He had no answer for that.

“I can talk to them for you though, about you joining us. My offer still stands.”

Taehyung snorted and finally pulled away. “Like I would even think of joining your pack now. Mine might not want me but at least they’re nice about it.”

Zico’s eyes narrowed. “Be careful what you’re saying, Taehyung. Just because I don’t see them much anymore doesn’t mean they’re no still my pack.”

“Maybe that’s the problem. How can you be their alpha when you’re not around anymore? There’s no one to control them. They attacked Chen last night.”

Zico’s brow furrowed. He knew that name but where from? Realisation suddenly dawned on him. He boy from the café.

“Chen? They attacked him?”

“Yeah, they admitted it. They warned me not to tell anyone.”

“Have you?”

Taehyung flinched as the alpha stepped towards him again. He swallowed and shook his head. “N-no.”

“Good. Keep it that way.”

“But people are worried about him. He was really badly hurt.”

“And I’ll talk to them about it. I’ll find out what this is all about but you’re going to keep your mouth shut, understood?”

Taehyung frowned. Zico had been so nice to him the night before, so caring and understanding. Where had that Zico gone?

“What if I don’t?”

Zico’s eyes narrowed further and his fists clenched at his side. “If you don’t then maybe your pack should know a few things about you.”

“What do you mean?”

Suddenly Zico was up against him, pushing him gently but firmly against the wall. His voice was low and dangerous. “If you tell anyone about what they did then I’ll tell your pack about all the dirty things we did together last night.”

“W-what? What do you mean?” Taehyung’s eyes were wide. He couldn’t believe what he was saying or that he had been stupid enough to trust him? “Th-they won’t believe you.”

“Really? You don’t think they’ll believe an alpha over some kid they don’t even want?”

Taehyung’s mouth fell open in surprise and he pushed Zico away. The other wolf didn’t resist, moving back enough so Taehyung could get away from him.

“ you,” Taehyung tried to growl but his throat was tight and the sound didn’t come out right. He hurried away as quickly as he could. What was he supposed to do now?

 

I didn't think this Chen getting attacked thing would go on for so long tbh.

We definitely need some iness soon, right?