Dirty Dancing

Wolf School

A whole KaiSoo/TaeKai chapter!

Maybe they should just have a . God, imagine that!

 

Chapter 27

Kai spun, trying to keep his focus but he slipped and almost fell anyway. He had only been dancing for ten minutes but already worked up quite a sweat. All day he had managed to avoid Taemin but he couldn’t get him out of his head. He knew Kyungsoo didn’t know he was back since he had been acting normally all day. Still, Kai didn’t want to face him just yet. He would get his feelings out with a little practice first.

He changed the music to something more upbeat, went back in front of the mirror and started to dance again. It was an old routine, one he knew off by heart. He made it all the way through to the end without a mistake, breathing heavily as he finished. The start of the next song was cut short and he turned to see Taemin watching him. There was a little smile on his face.

“You look good,” he said.

Panting, Kai looked around for a towel or bottle of water or something to distract himself with. “Thanks.”

“I didn’t think anyone would be in here. I can leave if you want.”

Kai shook his head, reaching down for his bottle and taking a long drink. He could feel Taemin’s eyes on his exposed arms and the low cut of his white vest. He used to love that gaze.

“It’s fine,” he said. “I can’t stop you coming into the music rooms, can I?”

Taemin shrugged off his jacket and dropped it on the floor. “Thanks.” He skipped through a few tracks and Kai indulged himself by gazing over his lean body. Even in a loose t-shirt he looked good. Finally he found the one he wanted and Kai smiled a little as he recognised it.

“Let’s see if you remember this one.”

For the first time in months they were able to dance together again. Their bodies moved in almost perfect sync, Taemin’s always flowing slightly more slowly as far as Kai was concerned. Still, he danced better when his ex was silent challenging him to up his game. Their bodies went through the motions so naturally that when their eyes met in the reflection of the mirror neither could help but smile.

Kai picked the next song, then Taemin and they alternated until they lost count and were out of breath. Sinking to the floor, Kai grabbed his bottle of water. Taemin sat beside him and waited patiently until he was done. He took the bottle when it was offered to him and Kai watched as he drank. He had missed this so much.

“I’m sorry about yesterday,” said Taemin, his breath still coming a little fast. “I didn’t tell anyone about us.”

“Thank you.”

“I should have known you would find someone else.” He sounded so sad when he said it that Kai found himself edging closer. He had never liked seeing his best friend sad. He stopped just short of touching him but could feel the heat from his body.

“It’s not like I went looking for someone. It just happened.”

Taemin looked up at him with big sad eyes. “I wish we hadn’t broken up.”

“Then why did-“

“Because I thought it would be easier. We couldn’t guarantee staying together if we were in different packs.”

“We’re still in the same school.”

“But that would make it worse, if we were together for years and then we had to break up.”

Kai sighed. He saw the logic in it, that was why most wolves didn’t date members of other packs, but now Taemin wanted him back. “So what changed?” he asked. “We’re still in the same situation.”

“Because I know how horrible it is without you.”

They looked at each other for a moment and then Kai gave in. “I missed you too,” he said. “I missed having my best friend around.”

Taemin shifted forward, placing his hand on Kai’s knee. It was all the encouragement Kai needed to lean forward and wrap his arms around his ex-boyfriend’s neck.  They held each other for a long moment, enjoying the feel of the other’s body and remembering their scent. Kai had loved waking up to the smell of Taemin’s warm skin on his own.

He kissed his neck softly and felt him sink in against him. Then he kissed his cheek and finally found his mouth. He moaned softly because it was Taemin and he felt as good as ever. He even shivered at the hands sliding around his waist.

They lips parted and their tongues explored hungrily, needily. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to give in just once, get it out of his system. How could it be wrong when it was Taemin and they loved each other so much? It didn’t feel wrong.

He eased Taemin down, feeling his body move willingly and his hands tangle in his shirt. Taemin whimpered slightly when Kai pressed down on him. His hands were everywhere, pulling Kai closer and into his kisses.

Kai wasn’t sure what made him glance towards the door but as soon as he caught sight of a pair of shoes his heart stopped. He looked up, half lifting himself from Taemin’s surprised body to find Kyungsoo staring at them. His mouth was hanging open in shock and his eyes shining.

“No,” Kai whispered. He felt his heart fall through the floor. “Kyungsoo…”

Kyungsoo turned and bolted out the door. Kai scrambled to get up, shouting his name and chasing after him though he had no idea how to fix this.

“Jongin,” said Taemin. He half sat up but Kai was already out of the room, chasing after his heartbroken boyfriend.