Epilogue 1 - Life's a Beach

Wolf School

A/N: Hi, so I took a month's hiatus after Guardians of ExoPlanet and then remembered I never did the epilogue for this. oops!

I hope you like it.  Let me know! I missed you all. <3

 

Epilogue 1

6 months later …

The cool water splashed up around Chen's paws as he chased through the waves with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. His fur was soaked from being caught and pulled under the water so many times already but every time he got back up and went tearing after the others again. None of them were anything close to being dry anymore.

From the safety of the beach Kris sat and watched with a soft smile on his face. The whole pack had come to stay at Suho's family's beach house that morning and had spent most of the day out on the sand. They were going to be staying there for the best part of a week during the spring holiday. As close as they had become since their packs merged they still didn't all love together. Large packs were unusual, especially at their age, and the school didn't have many bigger dorms available. It would be nice to have everyone under one roof for a change.

“Do you think they'll ever come out of there?” Suho sat heavily on the sand behind him, towelling off his hair. He had given up on playing in the water twenty minutes ago but when Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun got together it was hard to get them under control again.

“We might have to drag them out,” Kris admitted.

Suho glanced at him sideways and grinned. “You love it really, seeing Chen so happy.”

“He's getting so comfortable in his wolf form, I don't want to stop him.”

“I understand.”

All around them on the sand sat the rest of their pack. Lay and Sehun were entangled in each other's arms as they watched the others play, laughing as Chanyeol was ganged up on and pulled, flailing, under the waves. Sitting close by were Kai and Kyungsoo. They weren't holding each other but they sat close enough to feel the warmth from each other's bodies. Tao stretched out on the sand lazily by himself. Only Xiumin and Luhan were missing as they had decided to go for a walk, though everyone suspected they weren't just going to see the sights. Xiumin had only recovered from the flu a short while ago and Luhan, so used to regularly intimacy now, had struggled and gone into heat an embarrassing amount of times. They seemed to be making up for it now.

After another ten minutes or so Chen suddenly turned tail and plunged through the water, back towards the beach. He raced across the sand, water streaming off his fur, and threw himself at Kris. Before he hit him he had already shifted back and was in his human form when they collided. Kris almost fell backwards. His arm wrapped securely around his lover's wet waist and he held him close.

“Kris, protect me!”

“It looked like you were causing most of the trouble to me.”

Baekhyun ran up to them and shook his fur – causing a number of complaints – before shifting back to his human form. Chanyeol followed close behind.

“I think that's enough swimming for one day.” Suho wiped the water from his face and pretended to glare at the not-at-all-sorry-looking Baekhyun.

“I'm hungry,” announced Chanyeol. “When are we eating?”

“Me too.” Kai looked over eagerly at the mention of food, making Kyungsoo laugh at him.

“You're always hungry.”

“Shouldn't we wait for Luhan and Xiumin?” asked Lay.

“They'll turn up when they want to eat,” said Kris. He shifted Chen off his lap and stood, helping him up. He didn't drop his hand as they waited for the others to gather their beach towels together and begin heading up to the beach house.

“I'm sure they'll be hungry after that walk.” Chanyeol gave an exaggerated wink that had the others grinning.

“I bet it was a really exhausting walk,” Sehun added.

Baekhyun smiled. “They do a lot of walking. Usually pretty loudly.”

They entered the house laughing and split off to do whatever they needed to do. Kyungsoo headed to the kitchen with Suho to gather the food and take it out to the barbecue. The sun would be setting soon but it was still pleasantly warm outside. Kris insisted that Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun shower to wash the sand and salt water out of their hair, promising that they wouldn't start eating without them (unless they took forever).

Everyone had gathered again and the meat was almost cooked when Luhan and Xiumin rejoined them looking pretty pleased with themselves and ignoring the look the others gave them.

“I'm starving,” said Xiumin, not understanding when the comment sent Sehun into a fit of giggles. Lay pursed his lips to try and stop himself from smiling and gave his boyfriend a reprimanding look. Sehun clearly didn't care.

Settling down in the back garden, the group split easily into its respective pairs. Naturally, since the rest were all in couples – even Kai and Kyungsoo though they still kept things quite innocent most of the time – Tao and Suho ended up together. They chatted quietly, Tao's eyes going very big and round as Suho told him about the manga he was reading and then, when Tao was quiet for a long time, became very embarrassed and started to stutter.

“Sorry, you should stop me when I ramble on about things like that. Just tell me to shut up.”

“No,” said Tao quickly. “It's fine. I like hearing about it.”

“Are you sure?” Suho wasn't sure if he was just being polite because he was the leader and Tao practically the youngest. He was reassured though by the eagerness with which Tao nodded and looked at him. A little more nervously than before he continued.

Across from the two of them, Luhan nudged Xiumin. “Hey, do you think something's happened with them yet?”

Xiumin swallowed and looked up. “I doubt it. They're still acting all weird and nervous around each other.”

“Suho should just tell Tao to get in his bed. He is the leader after all.”

“He's also a when he really likes someone,” Xiumin pointed out. “He likes taking care of Tao. He won't want to upset him or hurt him.”

Luhan leant back in his chair looking a little grumpy. “He should just go for it. We did and it worked out fine.” He flashed his partner his most winning smile and was rewarded with a little laugh and, maybe though it was hard to tell in the dark, a little blush too.

“Maybe he will tonight. They'll have to share a room, after all.”

Luhan grinned. There were only six bedrooms in the beach house and everyone else was paired up leaving only the leader and second youngest to share. They had already made sure they were sharing a room with a double bed, just to make things a little more interesting. Luhan and Xiumin's eyes would definitely be on them in the morning, searching out any signs that their relationship had finally become something more.