Still a Chance

Wolf School

 

 

Chapter 45

They walked back to the dorms in silence with Chen tucked under Suho’s arm. He leant heavily against the alpha, barely looking where he was going. They had almost reached the building when Luhan and Xiumin came rushing towards them.

“Chen,” said Luhan. He looked worried. “What happened? Are you ok?”

“There was a fight,” said Suho. “He’ll be fine.”

“A fight? Did you get hurt?”

Chen kept his eyes low, avoiding Luhan’s concerned gaze. He saw the other boy step closer and shrank away as he reached out to touch him. “Come on, we’ll take you home.”

Suho’s grip tightened and he pulled Chen away. “It’s fine,” he said in an unfriendly tone, “I’ve got him.”

Luhan looked up, shocked and angry at the alpha. His eyes turned red and his voice when he spoke was fiercer than Chen had ever heard it. He shrank even smaller. “He’s my pack,” growled Luhan. “Give him to me.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that after what your so-called alpha did to him.”

Luhan growled again and stepped forward so that there was barely any space between them. Suho held his ground against the taller wolf but tension seemed to crackle in the air between them.

“Luhan,” said Xiumin in a small, shaky voice, “please don’t fight.” He slipped his hand around his lover’s wrist and felt him soften.

“Why don’t we just ask Chen what he wants?” suggested Baekhyun a little nervously. He felt Chanyeol’s arm over his shoulders and was reassured by his gentle smile. Every set of eyes turned to Chen expectantly and he wished the ground would just eat him up. Why couldn’t they have just left him in the forest to wallow?

“I just want to go home,” he said sadly. He was exhausted and he just wanted to curl up in bed and forget about everything.

“We’ll take him,” said Chanyeol. He eased Chen away from Suho and he and Baekhyun led him away from the others.

“What happened?” demanded Luhan. For a second it looked like Suho wasn’t going to say anything but then he seemed to change his mind and briefly recounted what had happened. Luhan’s hostility soon turned to worry.

“I should tell Kris,” he said, starting to turn away.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea? I don’t think Chen wants to see him right now.”

“He loves him. He deserves to know what’s happened.”

Suho pursed his lips but thought better of saying anything else. He let them turn and take a few steps before calling out Xiumin’s name. He dropped Luhan’s hand and turned around hopefully. Suho walked over and cupped his face gently. For a few moments they simply looked at each other, Xiumin blinking in confusion, and then Suho pulled him into a hug.

“I miss you,” he whispered so softly that no one else would hear.

“I miss you too,” Xiumin squeaked. His hands gripped his leader’s shirt tightly.

“I knew Kris would take you in,” whispered Suho. “I never would have let you be by yourself.”

“Really?” Xiumin pulled back to look at him and was surprised by the warmth in his eyes. He wanted to say something more but then Luhan spoke.

“Xiumin, we should get back.”

“S-sure.” He slipped out of Suho’s arms and felt Luhan entangle their fingers tightly. He couldn’t help but glance back over his shoulder a few times as they left.

 

 

Kyungsoo curled up on his bed. He didn’t react when Kai entered the room and he let him sit on the bed for a few minutes before sighing softly.

“What’s wrong?” asked Kai. “Did you get hurt in the fight?”

“Just a few scratches,” he said.

He felt Kai shift closer and rolled onto his back so he could see him.

“I saw you with Taemin the other day,” he said. Kai was startled.

“I… it’s not what you think. We weren’t-“

“I know. I heard what you said.” He looked up at Kai levelly. “You said you chose me.”

“Of course I chose you.” He couldn’t resist the urge to be close to him anymore and lay down by Kyungsoo’s side. “I love you.”

Kyungsoo nodded. “I know,” he whispered, “but I can’t… it doesn’t fix everything. I’m not ready yet.”

“I know. I can wait.”

“You might have to wait a long time.”

“I’ll wait forever if I have to.”

Kyungsoo looked at him for a long moment. “It might be never. I might not ever be able to get past this.” It hurt him to say it, scared him even, but it was the truth.

“So long as there’s a chance,” said Kai.

“There’s a chance.”

“Then that’s enough.” Kai snuggled close to him and buried his face against his shoulder to hide his pained expression. He wanted Kyungsoo to forgive him now but he could wait. He had to give him a chance at some point, right?

He felt arms wrap around him and a gentle kiss against his forehead. He relaxed in Kyungsoo’s embrace and gave a little sigh. So long as there was a chance…

 

Chanyeol yawned and stretched and Baekhyun took the opportunity to wrap himself around him. They were lying on their bed together, Chen already asleep in his own room, exhausted by what had gone on that day. They had offered to stay with him but he had said he wanted to be alone. Baekhyun was secretly a bit pleased about that.

“Channie?” he said.

“Mmm?”

“You’re not sleepy yet, are you?”

“A little.”

Baekhyun kissed up his neck. “Are you sure? I’m not tired.”

Chanyeol shivered and opened his mouth to say something but couldn’t seem to find the words. Baekhyun continued to kiss his soft skin, under his ear, across his jaw and finally to his mouth. He slipped his leg over Chanyeol’s so he could press his hips up against him and make his intentions clear. A hand under his shirt couldn’t hurt either.

Chanyeol made an almost startled noise into the kiss and caught Baekhyun’s hand. His partner pulled away, surprised.

“Baek, I’m tired,” he said.

“I could help wake you up.” He wriggled his hips against Chanyeol but the other boy moved away.

“I’m serious. It’s been a long day.”

Baekhyun frowned, feeling embarrassed. “What’s wrong?” he said quietly.

“Nothing.” Chanyeol kissed his downturned mouth but didn’t look at him directly. “I just think we should sleep, that’s all.”

“You never want to sleep with me anymore.”

“That’s not true,” said Chanyeol unconvincingly. “I love you.”

“Then show me.” Baekhyun pushed his hands under Chanyeol’s shirt again, groping the skin he felt like he hadn’t touched in forever.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol grabbed his hands and pushed them away. “Stop it.”

Baekhyun shrank back, hurt and embarrassed. “Why don’t you want me anymore?”

Chanyeol sat up, keeping his distance. He could see the tears threatening in Baekhyun’s eyes. “It’s not that…”

“You haven’t touched me since I slept with Kyungsoo. Was it because of what happened?” His voice dropped until it was barely audible. “Because of what I let him do to me?”

“No, baby, it wasn’t your fault. He was in heat. You couldn’t control yourself.”

“Then why won’t you touch me?” he begged. “Am I dirty? Because that’s how I felt after it happened and I thought you didn’t feel that way but…”

“No, no, no.” Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun towards him as he started to sob and cradled him in his arms. “Baby, I love you. You’re not dirty, I promise. You’re beautiful and perfect and I love you so much.”

“Then why?” he choked out.

“Because I don’t want to hurt you,” Chanyeol admitted in a tight voice.

That startled Baekhyun enough to slow his tears. He wiped his eyes. “But I’m healed now.”

“But you might not be… completely.” All of Baekhyun’s visible bruises and love bites had faded but Chanyeol wasn’t sure how much having might still hurt him inside.

“I am,” Baekhyun insisted. He knelt up and kissed his boyfriend clumsily. “Please just give me a chance.”

He kissed him again and looked at him expectantly but Chanyeol looked uncertain.

“Chanyeol…” His little voice was hurt.

“Not tonight,” said Chanyeol. “Tomorrow.”

“But why?”

“I want everything to be perfect, that’s all.”

“It’s not my first time.” Baekhyun managed a little laugh.

Chanyeol caressed his cheek lovingly. “I know, but he used you and I want to…” He looked down, embarrassed. “I want to make you feel special again.”

He was surprised by Baekhyun’s little laugh and his boyfriend throwing his arms around his neck to hug him.

“You always make me feel special, but if you want to wait that’s ok. We have to do it tomorrow though, okay?”

Chanyeol laughed. “Tomorrow, I promise.” He pushed Baekhyun down onto his back and held him tightly.

“Even if there’s an earthquake or a zombie apocalypse or something.”

He laughed again and kissed him. “Even then.”

Baekhyun gave a contented sigh and reached up to lazily Chanyeol’s face. “Love you.”

“Love you too.”

 

 

 

I thought you deserved a nice, fluffy ending for a change. This was quite a nice part overall.

I hardly tortured anyone. I must be feeling unwell.