Consequences

Wolf School

Chapter 29

Kyungsoo sat rigidly all through third period, trying desperately to focus on what his teacher was saying if only to give him something else to think about. He was sure Taemin could feel his eyes burning into the back of his neck but he didn’t once turn around. Kyungsoo was glad. He hated him. He had never hated anyone so much. Well, maybe he would hate Kai more if part of him wasn’t still trying to be in love with him.

As soon as the bell rang he leapt up, shoving his books haphazardly into his bag and hurrying out the class. Chanyeol caught him halfway down the corridor.

“You ok?”

“Taemin was in my class,” he said tightly.

“Did he say something?”

Kyungsoo shook his head.

Chanyeol wrapped an arm around his shoulders and hugged him tightly. Everyone in their pack knew what Kai had done and Chanyeol didn’t really mean to pick sides but Kyungsoo had come to him and Baekhyun for help and he couldn’t help but be mad at Kai.

Almost as if he knew that someone was thinking about him, Kai appeared just a few feet away. Kyungsoo froze.

“Kyungsoo!” He hurried over to him and Chanyeol felt his packmate shrink against his side. “Please talk to me. Just let me explain.”

“You don’t have to explain,” Kyungsoo managed, keeping his eyes on the floor. “I don’t want to talk to you.”

He started to walk away, Chanyeol by his side, but Kai wasn’t about to give up.

“Soo, please just give me a chance. I’m sorry.”

“He said back off,” Chanyeol snapped. “He’ll talk to you when he’s ready.”

Kai stopped, surprised at his hyung’s tone. His momentary pause was enough for his pack mates to make a getaway. He watched uselessly as Kyungsoo disappeared around the corner. An arm linking his made him jump.

“Just give him some time,” said Sehun. “He’s hurt.”

“How come you don’t hate me like everyone else?”

“No one hates you. You just did a dumb thing.”

“Chanyeol hates me and Baekhyun completely avoided me at break remember?

Sehun ran a hand up and down his arm soothingly. “They’re being protective. Kyungsoo’s really hurt right now but he’ll forgive you.”

Kai bit his lip, staring down the corridor. Sehun nudged him with his hip. “Kai?” Then he saw what he was looking at; Taemin.

“Kai, come on.” He tugged at his arm. “Ignore him.”

But Kai didn’t move.

Sehun looked back and forth between the two of them, seeing the way they were looking at each other. He knew that look. “Are you still in love with him?” he hissed.

Kai finally turned away but it took a few moments for him to stutter out an, “I don’t know.”

“Kai, he broke your heart.”

“I know but…” He sighed heavily. “I thought I was over him until he came back.”

“So Chanyeol was right? You really did kiss him, not the other way around?”

Kai could only swallow and stare at the ground shamefully. Sehun sighed, trying to control his judgment. He supposed he was doing something similar with Lay, sneaking around behind his pack’s back, but at least no one was getting hurt with that.

“Look, I’m going to get some lunch,” said Sehun tiredly. “Are you coming?”

Kai swallowed again and looked up. Jonghyun had appeared next to Taemin and wrapped an arm around his waist, guiding him away. Part of Kai ached to chase after him. They hadn’t talked last night after Kyungsoo caught them. Kai had chased after him but when he couldn’t see him anywhere he had hurried back to grab his bag and jacket, telling Taemin that he couldn’t talk anymore and he had to get home. He had tried to pretend he hadn’t seen the pain on his ex’s face but it had been there. He had hurt everyone with his stupidity.

He sighed and turned back to Sehun, following him to the cafeteria where his pack sat in awkward silence – excluding Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun – trying not to talk about what he had done.

 

Luhan stretched luxuriously in bed, his limbs brushing against his lover’s bare skin. “This is nice,” he purred.

Xiumin laughed and kissed his head. Even though they had spent all weekend in bed together they hadn’t been able to resist once they found out Chen’s dorm would be empty for a while. Chen was with Kris, as usual, Baekhyun had a dentist appointment and Chanyeol had taken Kyungsoo out to do the shopping and hopefully distract him (or at least get a break from Kai’s continuous phone calls). For once they had a whole dorm to themselves.

Xiumin ran his fingers through Luhan’s messy hair, remembering how he had tangled his fingers in it earlier when his lover was on top of him. “Wish we could do this all the time,” he said quietly.

Luhan shifted so he could look up at him. “Do you ever think of telling the others?”

“What?”

“Well, maybe they would understand.”

“After Kai just cheated on Kyungsoo with Taemin? I doubt it.”

Luhan pouted a little. “But this is different. We’re not cheating on anyone.”

“Except our packs. Suho would lose it with us.”

“Is that how you feel? Like we’re cheating on them?”

“Well, not exactly but we are breaking our alphas’ rules. That’s pretty serious.”

“Wouldn’t it be nice to act like a normal couple though? I want everyone to know that you’re mine.” He gave Xiumin his cutest smile – which really was very cute – but Xiumin shook his head anyway.

“With everything going on in my pack right now I just don’t think it’s the right time, that’s all.” He kissed Luhan’s head and tried to ignore his little sigh.

“Ok,” said Luhan softly.

Xiumin waited for him to say something more but he didn’t. Shifting slightly he checked the time. They had another fifteen minutes before anyone would be back. At least they could fit in a few more cuddles before then.

Twenty minutes later they had both fallen half asleep and didn’t even hear the front door open.

 

I don't think this part was very good tbh. Next part - KaiSoo argument and obviously someone gatecrashing XiuHan's snuggle time!