Fight!

Wolf School

 

Oh God, you guys! This chapter is longer than usual and has lots of action. Can I get some comments for writing something longer? lol. I'll give you the kpop idol of your choice to play with.

Xiumin: *gives flirty wink* You know you want to

 

 

Chapter 53

Kris’ paws pounded the forest floor as he ran. He had known the second he heard the scream who it was and hadn’t waited even a second to see if the others were following him. He had just shifted and started to run. All sorts of scenarios flew through his mind every one making him more panicked. He saw something ahead on the ground and caught Chen’s scent. It took him a second to recognise Heechul’s too.

The older boy was sitting on top of the omega, pinning him to the ground with a hand clamped over his mouth. Kris roared and threw himself at Heechul, catching him by surprise. They both hit the ground and Heechul shifted. In a second they were nothing but a ball of fur and teeth and claws tangled together.

“Kris,” Chen gasped. His voice cracked a little as he shakily tried to sit up. Soft fur brushed his side and he jumped. The wolf beside him shifted back into Baekhyun and he caught Chen’s arms to steady him.

“Are you ok? Did he hurt you?”

Chen shook his head. “He’s in heat. I told him not to. I didn’t know what to do.”

Chanyeol was at his other side now just as another wolf threw itself into the fight with Kris and Heechul. It took Chen a second to recognise Tao’s black fur. Gently Chanyeol helped him scramble over to a nearby tree and sit him against it, a safer distance away from the warring wolves.

“Are you hurt?” Chanyeol demanded. He looked Chen over for any cuts or bruises but the omega just seemed a little shaken. Baekhyun snuggled against him to offer some warmth and stop his shaking. “Did he bring you out here?”

Chen shook his head and looked down. This was all his fault. Why had he thought it was a good idea to come out here alone? “I was practicing,” he said softly.

“Practicing what?” asked Baekhyun.

“Shifting,” Chen admitted. “I didn’t want to cause any trouble by making someone help me. I wanted to do it myself.”

“Oh, Chen.” Baekhyun wrapped his arms around him. “You’re not any trouble. We would have helped you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Shh, it’s not your fault. It’s ok.”

Two more wolves burst through the bushes and leapt into the fight. Chen peeked up from under his eyelashes trying to recognise them but he couldn’t. One of them grabbed Kris by the scruff of the neck and started dragging him away from Heechul while the other went for Tao.

“Kris!”

Chanyeol saw what was happening and swore. It seemed Heechul hadn’t been the only member of his pack out in the woods that night.

“Stay here,” ordered Chanyeol. Baekhyun nodded tightly, his eyes wide with fear as he watched Chanyeol shift and race to help the others. Chen felt his grip tighten.

Through the trees they heard the pounding of more pawsteps and then three more wolves emerged. Chen shrank down by Baekhyun’s side. He recognised one of the wolves as Kyuhyun. He was the only one who paused before joining in. Chanyeol yelped as one of the new wolves grabbed him by the back leg and bit hard. Baekhyun’s back straightened and e trembled. Chen knew he was fighting the urge to go and help him.

Just then more shapes appeared through the trees. Chen’s heart dropped like a stone but then he recognised something familiar about the lead wolf, the agile lines of his body and his jet black fur. Behind him was a smaller, grey and brown furred wolf. Kai and Kyungsoo. He almost sighed out loud.

The pile of wolves in the middle of the trees had split into smaller groups now, some fighting one on one, others teaming up. Kris, Tao and Chanyeol had all been split up but when Kai and Kyungsoo joined in the tables began to turn in their favour. Still, Chanyeol was limping a little and Kris had a nasty bite to his shoulder. Heechul, still fuelled by his heat, was like a wild thing snapping at anything that wasn’t a pack mate.

“What’s going on?”

The omegas leapt, both too worried about their friends and mates to realise Suho was right by their side.

“Heechul’s in heat and he attacked Chen,” said Baekhyun quickly. “Kris was defending him and then more of the Super Junior pack came and now it’s just…”

The sound of barking came through the woods and Suho’s head shot up. “Looks like their whole pack is out here. Sehun!”

The maknae bounded over at the sound of his alpha’s voice.

“Call for the others and then guard these two.”

“We’re fine,” insisted Baekhyun. “Just help the others.”

Suho ignored him, turned to Sehun who nodded, and then shifted in a flash of white fur just as the last of the Super Junior pack plunged into the fight. Sehun threw his head back and let out a long, deep howl. It sent a shiver through Chen’s body. He instinctively knew the message in that howl. It was a howl calling the rest of the pack to fight. As soon as he was done he moved to stand in front of the omegas, blocking their view. His tail swished irritably as he was forced to watch instead of helping.

The Super Junior pack was big and full of strong wolves who knew how to fight well. With Chen, Baekhyun and Sehun sitting out and Luhan, Lay and Xiumin not even there yet the others were hopelessly outnumbered. Kai and Tao were excellent fighters and Kris and Chanyeol had size on their side but that didn’t make much difference against so many strong enemies.

“We have to help them,” Baekhyun breathed.

Chen trembled at the idea, not sure he could shift if he wanted to, but the wolf in him knew it was right. Before he could reply the last of their pack appeared. Sehun whined as Lay threw himself on whichever wolf had Kris pinned to the ground and dragged him away. Two more filled the gap in a second.

“Kris!”

The alpha had been fighting the longest and his size made him a hard wolf to ignore. Clearly a number of the enemy pack’s wolves saw him as the biggest threat and were trying to bring him down.

Lay yelped and Sehun jerked forward, barely holding himself in check.

“We’re fine,” Chen told him. “Go.”

Sehun looked back over his shoulder.

“Just go.”

Without letting himself think about it anymore Sehun left his post by their side and went to fight with his boyfriend. He was a tall wolf but didn’t have the weight of Kris or Chanyeol. His long-legged appearance and narrow body made him look like an over-grown puppy and Chen wasn’t sure he had done the right thing in sending him away.

Kris went down heavily under an attack from Leeteuk. The other alpha stepped back when Kris tried to get his feet under himself again only to feel them give out.

“Kris!”  Chen bolted forward, ignoring Baekhuyn’s warning, and crouched by his mate’s side. “Are you alright?”

Kris turned to look up at him. He looked exhausted but tried to pull himself up. He didn’t want Chen in the middle of all this. But before he could even make a move to get him to safety a heavy wolf barrelled into Chen, making him yelp in surprise as he was tumbled over. He was pinned momentarily under the heavy body, feet scrambling and kicking at him as the wolf struggled to get up. It managed to, leaving Chen battered and winded, but then Kris was standing over him. His head was lowered and his teeth bared in a vicious growl.

Nearby, Suho had heard the yelp and turned to see Kris standing over Chen. Satisfied that he would keep him safe, he turned to see that Baekhyun had shifted and was jumping around a wolf that had tried to back Chanyeol up against a tree, snapping at his heels until he spun around and left himself exposed to the bigger wolf’s attack. A shot of panic went through his heart. If Chen and Baekhyun were fighting then what had happened to Sehun?

He turned, looking frantically for the maknae. A black wolf went down with a bark of pain. For a split second he thought it was Kai and then realised it was Tao. He charged forward to knock the wolf off his back and pinned him to the ground. He scratched and kicked with his back legs, teeth clamping down hard on his ear. The wolf yelped, bucked him off and disappeared into the trees.

Tao stood up, panting, and gave him a thankful look. Impulsively Suho his cheek. He stood catching his breath as he looked for his maknae again. Xiumin and Luhan were fighting side by side like they had done it a million times before. He watched as they chased another wolf into the woods. Then he spotted Sehun and the world seemed to tilt beneath his feet.

The maknae was lying flat on the ground, his legs sprawled out. From so far away Suho couldn’t even see if he was breathing. Standing over him, protecting him against three much bigger wolves, was Lay. The fur along his spine bristled and his teeth shone in the moonlight. His growl was so vicious it had contorted his whole face into something terrifying. The three wolves shifted and growled back, none daring to take a step forward. Suho raced to Lay’s side with Tao right behind him. Behind the three wolves were more amongst the trees, those who had been chased off once and then doubled back to help their pack mates.

Kris saw the line of his pack mates and Suho’s defending Sehun together. He wanted to go to them and present a united front but his vision was swimming. He blinked to clear the blackness creeping in from the edge of his eyes but it did no good.

“Kris?” he heard Chen say softly.

Before he could try and reassure him that he would be alright another wolf slammed into him. He grunted and went down heavily. Chen shouted and rolled aside just in time. Desperate to not let Chen be hurt again, Kris summoned all his strength and threw himself at the other wolf. He didn’t even have a chance to recognise which wolf it was. They bit and tore at each other, claws slashing wildly. Kris could barely see what he was doing but then he felt his teeth meet somewhere tender and heard a yelp that sounded too far away.

The smaller wolf tugged itself out of his grip and bolted for the trees. Kris chased for a few clumsy steps and then the world tilted the wrong way.

“Kris!” Chen’s shout was th last thing he heard before his legs buckled and everything went black.