Suho's Offer

Wolf School

Chapter 15

When Chen woke up he found himself alone and the dorm quiet.  For a few moments he stayed in bed, still able to scent Kris beside him even though his boyfriend had gone sometime while he slept. When he sat up and rubbed at his eyes he spotted a note on the bedside table. Kris had a lot of homework to do apparently and hadn’t wanted to wake him. Chen wondered if he had really just been trying to avoid him in case he was still in heat when he awoke.

Still feeling a little dizzy and strange, Chen went out to the kitchen. He must have slept for quite a while and his tummy was rumbling. He stopped, alarmed, when he saw that someone was already waiting for him.

“Oh, hi,” said Suho, smiling brightly, “I was wondering when you would get up.”

Chen blinked. “I… urm…”

“Kris left a little while ago,” said Suho. He was moving about the place like it was his dorm and not Chen’s. “He said he had a lot of work to do. You want something to eat?”

Chen stomach rumbled before he could answer and Suho laughed. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

He moved closer to Chen to get something out of the cupboard and the younger wolf stepped away quickly. Suho paused.

“What’s wrong? Oh, are you still in heat?”

A blush made Chen’s cheeks warm. “I don’t know.” He hadn’t even known he was in heat until Baekhyun had pointed it out. He felt better than before, more clear headed, but still not entirely right.

“Come here.” Suho stepped up to him and pressed his nose up behind his ear. Chen gasped softly and shrank away while the alpha took a long, deep breathe. He seemed to hover there a little longer than necessary.

“You are a little,” he said, finally pulling back, “but it’s fading.”

As soon as he went back to what he had been doing before, Chen rubbed at his neck where the alpha’s warm breath had tickled his skin.

“Sit down,” said Suho cheerfully. “It’s only ramen but it should fill you up.”

“Thanks.” Chen sat at the table and watched the alpha work. They had met before once or twice. His friends had introduced them to each other at school and he had popped by once or twice to check on his pack members but they had never been alone together. He was such a different alpha to Kris; more laid back and quiet. He was certainly friendly.

“Where are Chanyeol and Baekhyun?” Chen eventually asked. He remembered the way Chanyeol had grabbed him and the anger in his eyes. He wasn’t sure he wanted to hear Suho’s answer.

“They’re at our dorm,” he said, turning around with a bowl of ramen for Chen. He placed it on the table and went to get him a drink. “They’re going to stay there tonight.”

“Oh.” Chen picked up his chopsticks but suddenly didn’t feel much like eating anymore. “Are they mad at me?”

“Baekhyun’s fine,” Suho told him, placing a glass on the table and pulling out a chair so he could finally sit down too. “He’s already boasting about how irresistible he is.”

Chen managed a tight smile and started to eat. It tasted delicious.

“Chanyeol’s ok,” Suho continued. “He was pretty worked up at first but he understands what happened. He just needs some space to calm down.”

Chen swallowed and kept his eyes on the table. Chanyeol had been so angry…

“Chen.”

He looked up as Suho’s hand covered his and gave it a little squeeze. “Chanyeol is passionate. He reacts quickly and he doesn’t always think things through. I’m sorry if he said or did anything that hurt you.”

Chen shook his head quickly. “He didn’t. I deserved it.”

“You didn’t. First times are difficult. Sehun’s first time in heat, I came through the door and he jumped on me. Almost knocked me out.”

Despite himself, Chen laughed a little.  Sehun had always been quite calm and reserved when he had met him. The idea of him jumping on his alpha was almost cute.

“Look, Chanyeol’s not really mad. He was the one that sent me to come and check up on you. He doesn’t want you to be alone.”

“Really?” Chen started to feel hopeful.

“Really. He doesn’t hold grudges. Don’t worry.”

Chen smiled again, more happily. Suho let go of his hand and it was only then that Chen realised that he had been holding it all that time.

“Eat up,” said the alpha. “I didn’t make it so you could let it go cold.”

Chen dug in while Suho sat quietly. His bowl was almost empty when the other wolf spoke again.

“Chen?”

“Mmm?”

“Do you have anyone to help you practice shifting and stuff, like a teacher?”

Chen swallowed and his lips. “Last year Mr Park was assigned to help me but I don’t have lessons anymore. I couldn’t do any of the stuff he told me anyway. It was a waste of time.”

“So you have no one helping you learn to shift or control your heat periods?”

He shrugged.

“No one to show you how to fight or anything?”

“The school’s happy enough so long as I’m not shifting into a wolf during class or biting people.”

Suho shook his head. He had suspected Chen had only been accepted to fill a quota and look like they were doing something rather than just educating those who could afford it but now he knew for sure.

“Chen,” he said gently, taking his hand again, “if you want someone to help you learn about this stuff then I’d be happy to.”

The other boy’s mouth fell open. “Really?”

“Of course. Usually you would learn when you were younger or from your pack but you’re in a difficult situation. I would like to help though.”

Chen couldn’t believe what he was hearing and the smile on his face was very real. “Suho hyung, thank you so much.” Impulsively, he reached forward and wrapped his arms around the alpha. Suho laughed and hugged him back.

“It’s no problem,” he said when Chen let go. “I know you’re with Kris and you’ll probably join his pack one day but Chanyeol and Baekhyun talk about you all the time and they only have good things to say about you.”

“Even after today?”

Suho laughed. “Yes, even after today, so if you ever need anything we’ll be there for you, ok? Even if you need a pack to join.”

Chen’s eyes went wide. “Do you mean…?”

“Well, not definitely, but so far I would have no reason to say no.”

“Even though I at being a wolf.”

“No you don’t, you just need practice and we can work on that together.”

He stood up, patting Chen’s shoulder. “Come on, let’s find something to watch on TV.”

Chen jumped up and practically bounced after him like a puppy, full of excitement that he might just be a normal wolf one day soon.

 

I need help!

I need a pack who can cause trouble other than SuJu. I’m thinking a younger group with a tougher kind of image. Maybe BTS or Block B? Help me out guys, one of them needs to see someone doing something they shouldn't ;-)

xoxo