Forgiveness

Wolf School

 

Chapter 34

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

Chen got up quickly from his bed as soon as Kris entered the room and wrapped his arms around his waist. He gave a shaky sigh, hiding his face against his boyfriend’s shoulder. Kris’s protective instincts kicked in immediately and he cuddled Chen close.

“Baby, what happened? You sounded so worried on the phone.”

“It’s Baekhyun,” he said quietly. “Kyungsoo was in heat and they had but Baek got hurt and Chanyeol’s really angry and…”

“He got hurt?” Kris cupped Chen’s cheek and made him look up. “You mean Kyungsoo lost control?”

Chen nodded. “When I came back Chanyeol told me and I went in to see Baekhyun. He has bruises all over the place and he’s really quiet. I’ve never seen him like that before.”

“,” said Kris under his breath. He wasn’t sure why Baekhyun getting hurt seemed to worry him so much too – maybe because it upset Chen or just because he was such a tiny thing – but he didn’t like hearing about it.

“He said he lost control too.” Chen looked down again. “He said that he was embarrassed about it.”

Gently, Kris smoothed back Chen’s slightly ruffled hair and guided him over to the bed where they curled up together. Chen was practically on his boyfriend’s lap.

“It’s not unusual,” he said, “for someone to feel like this after they lose control. It can make them feel vulnerable, especially if they did things they wouldn’t usually and with someone they don’t usually sleep with.”

“He’s only ever had when Chanyeol was there too.”

Kris smiled despite the situation. It was sweet really. “They’re a good couple. Chanyeol will help him calm down.”

“What about Kyungsoo?”

“Given the fact his boyfriend just cheated on him with his ex I’m not surprised he took his feelings out on someone. It’s up to Suho to decide what happens now.”

Chen was quiet for a moment and then buried his head against his partner’s neck. His scent was warm and familiar and being with him now was the first time he had felt calm since seeing Baekhyun.

“Hyung,” he mumbled.

“Mmm?” Kris’s eyes had fallen shut as he leant back against the headboard and enjoyed the feel of Chen being especially needy.

“Will I be like that, when I’m in heat? Or when you are?” He lifted his head slightly. “Will I lose control?”

Kris a thumb over his sharp cheekbone. Chen looked up at him worriedly, his eyes begging for reassurance.

“You don’t need to worry about that,” he told him in a low voice. “I’ll take care of you.”

“But…”

“You have nothing to feel ashamed of with me. I’ll protect you.”

Chen looked like he wanted to believe him. “Promise?”

“I promise.” Kris smiled. His hand moved to cup the back of his neck, thumb rubbing slow circles just below his hair. “I’ll show you as soon as you’re ready.”

A shiver went through Chen and he couldn’t hold his boyfriend’s gaze any longer. Kris laughed but it was a deep, husky sound that did nothing to make him feel less embarrassed.

“Are you shy?” he teased.

“No,” Chen whined.

“Oh, I think you are.”

With a squeak Chen found himself on the bed with Kris pressed gently on top of him. He hovered just out of reach and Chen had to fight not to tremble. His eyes fluttered closed as Kris leant in to kiss him. It was a slow, gentle kiss but it was just as exciting as when Kris kissed him hungrily, his hands gripping him like he would never let go. When he pulled back a moment later Chen’s heart was fluttering.

He opened his mouth but it took a couple of attempts to get any words out. “Can you stay tonight?”

Kris smiled at him fondly and kissed his forehead. “Of course I’m going to stay, silly.”

Chen giggled and buried his face in his boyfriend’s neck again.

 

Kai couldn’t believe his eyes when he opened the bedroom door to find Kyungsoo sitting on his bed, knees tucked up to his chest and arms wrapped around them. He glanced up and then ducked his head back down quickly, but not quickly enough for Kai to miss his tears.

“Kyungsoo,” he gasped, “what’s wrong?”

“I’m so sorry.” He seemed to crumple and Kai hurried over to him instinctively wrapping his arms around the smaller body. Kyungsoo leant against him heavily, sobbing. “I didn’t mean to hurt him.”

At first Kai thought he had been to see Taemin and done something stupid. “What happened?”

“I was in heat,” he said a little more quietly. Kai’s heart gave an uneasy lurch. Had he been with somebody else? He quickly ran through who it could be and realised it could have been just about anyone. But no, Kyungsoo usually had good control.

“I was so angry about what you did and frustrated and… and…” He looked down at his hands as if they had an explanation for him. “I just lost control.”

“What did you do?” Kai asked as calmly as he could manage.”

“I had with Baekhyun,” he admitted in an almost silent voice, “but I got carried away and you know what he’s like, he has no control. He has all these bruises and Chanyeol found us after and he’s so angry at me.”

Kyungsoo began to tremble at the memory of it and he started crying again. “Shh, shh,” Kai soothed. He held him tightly, gently rocking him back and forth until his tears had quietened and he was able to speak again.

“I didn’t know where else to go. I hate this. I hate being angry at you.”

“I know. I hate it too.”

Kyungsoo scrubbed at his eyes and pulled away. Kai let him go even though he wanted to hold onto him forever.

“I’m sorry I messed up so badly,” said Kyungsoo. Kai looked at him in surprise.

“I’m the one who should be apologising. Again.”

Kyungsoo looked up at him, his big eyes still shining with tears. “Please forgive me.”

“For what?”

“For hurting Baekhyun. He’s our pack mate and I should have known better.”

“Oh, baby.” Kyungsoo didn’t pull away when Kai put his arms around him again. “There’s nothing to forgive. Everyone makes mistakes. You never would have lost control if I hadn’t made you so emotional lately, right?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “Maybe.” He had never lost control before, he supposed, and a certain part of him had kept thinking about what he had walked in on Kai and Taemin doing. Still, Baekhyun shouldn’t have been dragged into it.

“I don’t think Chanyeol is going to see it that way.”

“That’s because he loves Baekhyun so much. If anyone hurt you I’d tear them apart.”

Kyungsoo gave him a weak smile. “Even after this?”

Taking a chance, Kai kissed him ever so gently. He was relieved when Kyungsoo didn’t pull away. “After anything,” he promised.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and leant his head on Kai’s shoulder. He still hated what had happened with Taemin but he hardly felt like he was any better than him right now. He ran his hand up Kai’s chest and clutched his shirt.

“Kai?”

“Y-yes, hyung?”

“Can you stay for a while?”

Pressing a kiss to his hair, Kai managed to hold back a smile. “Of course.”

 

 

A/N: I'm determined to get this finished really soon so I can focus on Return of the Xiuharem so this should be winding down hopefully by chapter 40.