Taehyung Knows

Wolf School

I really struggled with this bit, mainly because of a headache, but I tried my best. Taehyung is my new victim, clearly.

 

Chapter 21

“Hey, hold up!” Jungkook caught Taehyung’s wrist as he tried to hurry away. “Where are you going?”

“I just… I need to…”

“Taehyungie, what’s wrong?”

Taehyung looked down. Why was Jungkook so perceptive all the time?

“It’s nothing.”

Jungkook took a patient breath and slid his hand into his pack mate’s. He started leading him towards the bathroom.

“Where are we going?”

“Someone quiet where you can tell me what’s going on.”

“No, Jungkook…”

He dragged Taehyung into the empty bathroom and pushed him gently against the wall. “Ok, spill,” he said. “You were acting weird all lesson.”

“I wasn’t.”

“You were quiet. That’s weird.”

Taehyung pouted and lent back against the wall. He kept his eyes down.

“Hyung, come on. You can tell me. Is it something about Chen? You got all weird when they were talking about him.”

Taehyung opened his mouth to answer but before he could someone pushed open the door. Jungkook growled at them before they had even taken a full step inside.

“Get out,” he ordered. “Can’t you see we’re ing talking here?”

The kid blinked at him once and then hurriedly backed out. Taehyung gave a soft laugh.

“You’re cute when you’re scary.”

Jungkook turned an unimpressed look on him. “Talk, Taehyung. I’m not letting you leave until you tell me what’s wrong.”

Taehyung sighed, the smile dropping from his face. “I can’t.”

“Why?”

“’cause I did something stupid and I don’t want to admit it.”

Jungkook’s eyebrows came together. “Did you hurt Chen?”

“No, of course not. I don’t even know him. I did see him though.”

“When?”

“When I was out walking. He was heading home and…”

“Did you see who hurt him? We should tell Tao.”

“No.” Taehyung caught him before he could move. “I-I didn’t.”

“But you said-“

“I didn’t see, ok?” he snapped. He pushed Jungkook away and straightened his blazer. “This is stupid. Just leave me alone.”

“Taehyung, you can trust me. Just tell me if you saw something.”

But Taehyung was already leaving. Jungkook thought about chasing after him but he knew how stubborn his pack mate was. He might need some help with this one.

 

Taehyung had barely made it out the door, already in no mood to go to second lesson, when someone appeared at his shoulder. He expected it to be one of his own pack but looked over to find that to his surprise, and disappointment, it was the youngest of the Block B pack. Jihoon gave him a smile and threw and arm over his shoulders which Taehyung promptly shrugged off.

“Lave me alone,” he growled.

“Hey now, that’s not very nice.”

“I’m not nice.”

“Zico hyung seems to like you for some reason.”

Taehyung swallowed tightly and tried not let his emotions show. He wondered how they had found out about him bumping into Zico the night before. He was already regretting what he had confessed to the alpha who shouldn’t even have been on school grounds anyway.

“Don’t know why though.”

He almost groaned out loud when Kyung appeared at his other side.

“It’s not like you put out,” he laughed.

“Yeah,” Jihoon joined in. “Why does your pack call you V again? Because you’re still a ?”

Taehyung turned around and shoved him. Immediately Jihoon’s laughter turned into a growl deep in his throat. Kyung stepped up to his side as Taehyung tried to stare them down.

“Leave me alone,” he bit out. He tried to turn around but Jihoon grabbed his arm and turned him back to face them.

“Hit a nerve, did I?”

“ you.”

“Is that what you want Zico to do to you?”

“Yeah, why don’t your own pack want you, Tae Tae?”

Taehyung shoved Kyung this time. His hands were trembling with the urge to shift and tear him apart. Zico had to have told them about what he had said. How else could they know these things? He felt like an idiot for trusting him, for telling him how much he wanted Hoseok even though his hyung didn’t seem to think about him that way at all and for confessing that the pack had probably only taken him in because they wanted Jungkook and the two of them were friends. He knew Jungkook was the golden maknae, the one who was good at everything, while he just tagged along. He shouldn’t have been surprised that none of them wanted him in bed.

As if they had read his mind, Kyung said, “I guess Jungkook is a more useful maknae than you.”

“Like you’re any use for anything,” Taehyung said lowly. “I know you hurt Chen.”

Kyung growled but Jihoon caught him by the elbow and held him back.

“I saw you hanging around last night where he got hurt. It had to be you.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about,” Kyung replied.

“Have you told anyone?” Jihoon asked more worriedly.

“Not yet.”

“And you’re not going to, right?” Kyung’s eyes flashed red and Taehyung shrank a little.  He had a good idea of what state Chen was in after getting on the wrong side of them and he knew he couldn’t defend himself against both of them.

That was when he spotted Sehun and a couple of members from his pack coming towards them. He couldn’t help feeling a little relieved.

“What’s going on?” asked Suho. His tone was relaxed but something about him made Jihoon and Kyung step away. Maybe just because they knew he was an alpha. Taehyung edged a little closer to Sehun and Kai. He knew Kai was a good fighter.

“Nothing,” said Jihoon with a false smile. “We were just leaving.” He tugged on Kyung’s arm and managed to get him to walk away but Taehyung was sure none of them missed the look he threw over his shoulder as he left.

 

I think it's time there was another party. always goes down at parties, right?

xoxo