Taemin

Wolf School

Chapter 23

Kai was fairly certain he was drunk. If not drunk then certainly a little tipsy. The amount of times he had bumped into chairs and tables seemed to imply that he was right. He wasn’t sure what this party was even for but everyone seemed to have turned up. Well, Xiumin was away visiting his family this weekend but the rest of the pack had shown up.

He had cuddled up with Kyungsoo when they first arrived but after a couple of drinks he had gotten up to dance which always seemed to get him a certain amount of attention. At least everyone kept their hands in appropriate places. He glanced over at his boyfriend whenever he could and watched him talking with Suho. Every now and then Kyungsoo would look up to make sure no one was touching him too much but he never got up to dance with him. Sehun joined in for a while with Lay, who was a pretty good dancer himself, but then they disappeared to the kitchen.

When he was eventually too tired and needed a break, Kai slipped away too. Kyungsoo didn’t follow but he didn’t really mind. He was just returning from the bathroom when he found a body blocking his.

“Oh, sorry,” he said, almost walking into the other boy. That was when he looked up and froze. “T-Taemin?”

“Hi.” His ex stood right in front of him, smiling nervously and gazing at him. Kai’s heart leapt and fell through the floor all at the same time. Damn it, he looked good. Why did he have to look so good? His hair had grown out since the last time Kai had seen him but it looked perfect, framing his face just right. Kai wanted to take handfuls of it and tug on it as they…. He shook his head, clearing the mental image.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I’m back,” Taemin said simply.

“When?”

“Yesterday. I thought someone might have told you. I didn’t meant to surprise you.”

Kai blinked and finally managed to look away. It was easier to remember that he hated him when he couldn’t see him.

“I have to go.” He tried to brush past the other boy, touching him as little as possible, but Taemin reached out to catch his arm. Kai almost jumped at the familiar touch of his hand.

“Please talk to me. I’m sorry.”

“For what? Breaking up with me or leaving a week later and never answering any of my calls?”

“You knew I was leaving,” Taemin said quietly. “The Japan thing was arranged months before I left.”

“I thought we’d still be together though,” Kai snapped. “The break up was a bit of a surprise.”

“I’m sorry,” Taemin repeated. “I thought it was for the best. We’re in different packs. How could we be together?”

“Just leave me alone.” Kai shook his hand off and walked away again. He ignored Taemin when he called after him. He had thought he was over him, over the pain of Taemin leaving but seeing him again was killing him.

He hurried through the crowd of people in the dorm and out the front door. He was down the corridor and onto the staircase before Taemin caught up to him. He grabbed is arm, though not roughly, and Kai tiredly stopped. Taemin backed him against the wall and lay his hands flat on either side of him so he couldn’t escape again.

“Jongin, talk to me, please.”

“I have nothing to say to you.”

“I’m sorry,” said Taemin desperately. “I’m sorry I broke up with you, I’m sorry I left.”

Finally Kai dared to make eye contact again and the look in his ex-lover’s eyes made him ache. “What do you mean?” he asked quietly.

“I wish we were still together,” Taemin admitted. “I think about you all the time.”

Kai started to shake his head. This couldn’t be happening. Not when he had finally moved on and was happy with Kyungsoo. Sweet, kind Kyungsoo who adored him.

“I miss you,” said Taemin.

“I miss you too.”

“Do you still love me?”

He cupped Kai’s cheek with one hand, his thumb tracing over his bottom lip. Kai’s heart beat so fast he could barely breathe.

“P-please don’t,” he whispered.

“Do you love me?” Taemin demanded more desperately, closing the gap between them. Kai nodded shakily and closed his eyes as their lips met. He moaned at the familiar feel and clutched Taemin’s narrow waist. Their bodies pressed warmly together, their tongues exploring and remembering each other as they kissed feverishly. Taemin’s hand slid around to hold the back of Kai’s neck and deepen the kiss. Kai slid a hand up the other boy’s chest and then reached up to tangle his fingers in his thick, light brown hair. They moaned softly, holding each other as tightly as they could until they were both too out of breath.

When they finally managed to stop, chests heaving as they panted for breath, Taemin was smiling.

“I knew you still loved me,” he gasped.

Kai didn’t argue. What would be the point? He let Taemin press their forheads together and didn’t release his grip on the other boy’s waist, even as he imagined what Kyungsoo would feel if he knew.

 

KaiSoo or TaeKai? Which is your favourite?