Chapter 9

A Riddle Love

 

''Is it really Jackson? I find it's cute if he's the person that wrote this letters for me but I really hope that person is Zelo.'' I said to myself. I don't know why I said like that? Is it because I already comfortable with him? I also don't know.

 

I let out a sigh and remember about a promise that once I made with Jaerim about I can't love a guy named Zelo. 

 

''Hyeri ah, what are you doing in here?'' I startle as I heard a familiar voice behind me so I quickly turn my back and find Zelo.

 

Zelo? Why is he here?

 

''Uh, Zelo..I just..'' I can't find any words to explain at Zelo about why am I standing here because right now I don't know whether I need to be happy or not when I just discover the person that wrote a love letter for me all this time. 

 

Zelo didn't said anything instead he just set his gaze towards Jackson's direction, maybe he follows my glance just now because I can't turn my eyes away from Jackson. I keep thinking if he really the one that sent me the letter or not because the way he show up today totally same in the letter this morning.

Saying that, that person will wear a blue t-shirt and another evidence is he keeps holds a letter on his grips, maybe it's a small hint?

I let out a sigh and drag Zelo into a coffee shop that happens place behind us. We set our foot in the coffee shop and I quickly search for a place that locate beside a glass window so that I can secretly look at Jackson.

 

''So?'' Zelo suddenly breaks the silent between us and his eyes never left from me.

''You know, recently I keep received a letters. It's not a threatened letters but it's more about love.'' I said, excited to tell him about the letters that been given to me. Zelo smile after hearing my story and his face now lit up a bit. He nods, telling me to continue with my story.

''This morning, I got the letter that asks me to find the owner of this letter.'' I smile, thinking of Jackson already. 

''Really? Then, you already know who's the person that always sent the love letter to you?'' Zelo asks, his face somehow show that he's interest to know who's the person. I didn't take it serious because I thought that he really want to know who's exactly the person that hides behind these letters.

 

I smile and suddenly I find something that make me really confused. Zelo also wear a blue t-shirt. A bit of hope suddenly fly into me, hoping that the one that sent me the letter all this time is Zelo.

 

''Do you want to say something for me first before I continue with my story?'' I clear my throat, wishing that Zelo ended up telling me that he's the one behind those letters but to my disappointed, Zelo just shook his head.

''Really?'' I said again. What's wrong with me really?

''No.'' Zelo reply but I can see that his face telling me that he has many things to tell me.

''That person is Jackson.'' I look at the glass window and observe Jackson on the bench with his friend.

''Jackson? Who's Jackson? How can you break the hint in the letter and tells that person is Jackson?'' He suddenly comes up with many question and his voice becomes gloom.

 

My eyes become wide as I heard Zelo mention about hint. How can he knows about a hint that contains in the letter?

 

''How can you know about the hint?'' I look at him, confused with his question just now.

''Ah..About that..If he wants you to finds him, he must writes a hint right? So that you can easily find him.'' Zelo stammers and sometimes he will avoid his gaze toward me.

 

I let out a sigh and think back about what has Zelo said earlier. Yes, he's right. He's totally right about that, the hopes now faded away.

 

''JH. Isn't it Jackson and Hyeri?'' I said and my sight now on the ground.

 

Zelo once again just keep silent and nods his head. Did the hint is really hard for you? 

 

''Should I go and meet him now? Maybe he's keep waiting for me to come.'' I said but I hope that Zelo will prevent me to leave the coffee shop to go to Jackson. I guess my wish never comes true because Zelo didn't said anything and he drops his head on the table.

 

Zelo's P.O.V

I look at her as she walk out, leave the coffee shop. Her figure getting small as she takes another step towards the bench. It's really heartbroken but what should I do? She already expect that Jackson will be the owner of the letters right? 

 

''Yah, Junhong ah, why won't you stop her!'' I feel like an idiot because I scold myself and mess up with my hair in the coffee shop that full of the customers. Even many eyes on me right now but I feel opposite. I feel alone and my world somehow already destroy when Hyeri step out from this shop.

 

I let out a sigh of despair and my gaze suddenly stop outside the window, looking at Hyeri. There she is, almost reach the bench that Jackson and his friends sit at. Should I stop her from take another step and tell her that it's me. Tell her about my true feeling and about the letter. It's all from me.

 

''Hey my Zelo, what are you doing here? Alone?'' I turn to my right and my heart skip a beat when I saw Jaerim. She smiles and let herself plop beside me. 

 

Wait, did I heard that she just calls me with 'my Zelo?' Or I misheard it?

 

''Oh, hey Jaerim ah.'' Only that words that I manage to said as I quickly turn my attention back towards the glass window, watching Hyeri's movement. She already meet with Jackson.

''It's good to meet you in here. Maybe we're meant to be with each other.'' Jaerim giggles and I clearly hear what she's talking about but I just ignore her, perhaps she just joking around.

''What are you looking at?'' She said and follows my gaze outside the window, annoyed because I didn't answer her.

''Isn't that Hyeri? Who is that guy? Maybe Hyeri already get a boyfriend, but why she never told me about this?'' Jaerim smiles as she said it out loud. 

''NO! That guy is not her boyfriend.'' I turn to her and I don't know why but I raised my voice a bit. My heart wince in pain when I heard a 'boyfriend' words. It can't be. I must tell Hyeri as soon as possible.