Chapter 1

A Riddle Love

 

''Do you believe in a first sight love?'' Jaerim, my seat mate suddenly ask me while keep her things in a bag, ready to dash out from the class after a last lesson end.

''First sight love?'' I stop doodling and put my blue pen on the table. Jaerim nods slowly and fix her gaze on me, waiting for me to finish my words.

''I don't know, maybe yes..or maybe no.'' She let out a heavy sigh after hearing my answer. I just shrug and wonder why she suddenly asks about love to me. 

 

First sight love? Isn't it like a fairytale? Like how a Cinderella fell in love with her prince charming when they first met and Peter pan who's in love with Wendy in their first meeting? But..Life wasn't like a fairytale, right?

 

The last lesson finally comes to the end after what feel like forever. I quickly keep my things in the bag since some of the students in my class already missing in their seat.

 

''Jaerim, let's go home together today.'' I turn to her seat and my shoulder slowly drop. She's no longer in her seat. I know she's probably at the school gate now, ready to speed to her house.

''Hyeri?'' A sudden voice make me startled in my place. I quickly turn to my right side and look at the voice's owner.

''Yes?'' I stood in my place and a confused word plastered in my face. Who is this guy?

''Someone ask me to give you this letter.'' He said and hands me the blue letter. I awkwardly received the letter and steal a glance at him.

''Someone? Who? Did I know that person?'' I stare at the blue letter and lift my head to found that guy already left from my class.

 

I put the letter on my bag and get out from my class. The hall now is empty and the only thing I can hear is my own footstep. I quickened my pace and almost in a run position when I hear a giggle on my bag. I need to change my message ringtone next time.

I stop at my spot and pull my bag in front of me. After done the bag and grab my phone, I swipe the screen and look at the new message from mom. 

 

I never have a proper meals after mom decide to divorce with dad because of his debt. Mom nows become a famous lawyer at our region and dad is nowhere to be found. Because of that, mom always busy with her works and sometimes, she needs to go abroad and stay at the different area to finish her works.

 

I let out a sigh and continue to walk away from this eerie hall. On the way to my house I saw Jaerim outside the cafe and she looks like a stalker. Watching someone secretly and sometimes she will grins and hide when someone in the cafe notice her presence.

 

''Yah, what are you doing? You look like a sick person.'' I secretly go to her way and pat her back. She jumps in surprise and looks at me while cover with her palms.

''Uh- Nothing, I didn't look at him.'' She said in a rush and quickly walk away from me.

''Look at who?'' I said, chasing after her. She just stay silent and blush hardly. I can tell that her face now getting red and she keeps covers her face with her brown hair. She suddenly stop and make me stumble at her back.

''Promise me you won't tell anyone about this.'' Jaerim turns to me and let out her pinky finger.

''Tell anyone? Did you know that I don't have any friends except you.'' I laugh while held out my pinky finger and intertwined with hers.

 

She hesitated, unsure what to say at first but when she's makes an eye contact with me, she finally open to say something.

 

''I think I fall in love.'' She said shyly. My eyes grew bigger as I try my best not to burst out laugh at her statement. 

''I thought you said you won't let your heart fall for any guys.'' I chuckle and look at her.

''But he's different.'' Only that words, Jaerim quickly rush to her house, leaving me dumbfounded.

 

Different?

 

I shrug off and stroll to my house. After feel like forever, finally I arrive at my house. I slip my hand in my pocket and grab the key to unlock the door. My leg finally give up when I reach at the living room. I throw myself on the couch and turn on the tv to entertain myself.

The letter.

Yeah, I almost forget about the letter I've received at the school. I pull my strap bag and my bag slowly. I take out the letter and put on my lap. What kind of letter is this? Love letter? But I never received this kind of letter, it somehow make me nervous to read it.

I tear the envelop carefully and the sudden thought hit me again.

What should I do when I open this envelop and something pop out. Like..money.

The envelop now already being tear by me and it revealed a cute letter. I close my eyes and open my eyes slowly. My heart beat become wild now, I never get such a lovely letter before. I begin to read the letter.

 

You had stole something from me.

 

My eyes grew wider when I see those words. What the hell? I'm not a criminal and I never steal something.

What is this? I throw the letter away from me and my gaze stop at the window. I rush to the window and lock it, close the curtain and quickly back to the couch. Feeling like someone is watching me like how horror movie always showed, I low the tv volume and pretend like nothing happened.

 

''Should I call the police? What if suddenly someone barged into my house with a saw? Or with an axe?'' I whisper to myself and the fear now had been spread in my mind. No. This is wrong, I need to think positive and breathe properly.

This is only an old joke from the guys at my school. The letter is not going to harm me anyway. I coax myself to think that that letter is only a prank for me from a jerk guys at my school.