Chapter 14

A Riddle Love

 

As Zelo about to embrace me, I quickly push him away. He looks shocks with my action but he just keep his straight face. His eyes shows that he's upset with me but what can I do? I'm not going to fall for that eye again. It's not like he'd done anything bad to me but thinking of Jaerim, make me feel guilty. 

I come to my sense when I heard my name being called. I look at Zelo's back and saw someone stand behind his back. 

 

''Jaerim?'' I said in a low tone, almost whispering. Her gaze on me and she start to smile but I can tell that something is wrong with that smile. Zelo turns around, didn't expect that Jaerim will be on his back all the time he's trying to talk with me.

''Zelo ah..or better I call you with your real name, Junhong.'' She smile while hug Zelo's left arm. Zelo just let out a sigh and smile at her. I can't bare to watch this sweet scene in front of me so I decide to leave them alone. As I walk away from them, Jaerim's voices almost make my leg stop from moving. 

 

''Junhong ah, let's go on a date tonight.'' She said cutely and peek to see at my reaction. I didn't show any shock expression as I keep walking but once again my leg froze when I feel a hand grab my wrist. 

''Hyeri ah, want to join us?'' Jaerim's sly voice greet my ear. I know why she said so. She probably want to make me feel jealous over nothing.

''Why would I?'' I said, not interesting with her request. 

''Come on, it will be interesting if you go. The three of us.'' She shows an angelic smile, but it's more like a smirk to me.

''You're my friend right?'' With only that phrase that escape from , my lips become froze all of sudden.

 

Friend? That she really know the meaning of 'friend'? I can't believe that I can hear that words from her lips after what she had done to me.

I really want to shout my lung out, saying that I'm not interested with their lovey dovey date but half of me start to feel curios about their one sided date. How well it will be going when only one person in love?

 

''I'll take that as 'yes' since I don't have any time to wait for your not exist answer. Meet you in front of school tonight.'' She said arrogantly.

''But if you don't want to come tonight, it's okay. We're not forced you.'' Zelo's said out of sudden, make my throat become sting with his words.

''Aww, you're so sweet. I know you don't want to destroy our date with a third person right?'' She smirks while pull Zelo's hand along with her to exit way. My gaze follow their back but only one person that I can see in my eyes. 

 

Third person? Seriously?

 

I let out a weary sigh after their shadow disappear from my sight. I don't know how to face with them tonight and the most important thing is..Jaerim said that we will meet in front of the school. School? It seems like we're going to steal something likes an answer for upcoming examination. But thinking about Zelo's words make me wonder whether to go or not. 

I just shrug the nonsense thought and walk in the class to take my bag. Looking around the class for the last time, I leave the class. 

 

-

 

''Okay, let's see. What should I wear tonight?'' I open my closet that full of my clothes and take out a comfortable one to wear this night. I hope tonight will be a good one even I'm not the main character. Actually, I don't need to expect anything because this is Jaerim and Zelo's night. 

''Should I go?'' I ask myself back, thinking again and again if I should join them or not.

''When I think back about all this things, it's really crazy. First, I got a strange letters from someone that I don't know..No, I don't have any idea who is it. We met a transfer student named Zelo that day. Then, Jaerim makes me promise a thing that kind of childish. Promise about that love is forbidden between me and Zelo.'' I said to myself as I remember the days when everything turns wrong.

 

I throw myself on the bed and stare at the ceiling for a while. Jaerim is no longer my best friend. Everything seems so wrong. I turn to my right and my eyes pinned on the black screen of my phone. I don't want to tag along with them tonight. I want to rest on my room without being disturb by anyone. Only me and my bed.

But..

What if Jaerim makes a move first to Zelo? 

What if Jaerim try to seduce Zelo or kiss him..

 

''No way!'' I said out loud and get into sit position without a second. This is driving me crazy. Why would I care about them? Who's care if both of them become closer or love each other. I let out a sigh and lay back on my bed while cover my face with a pillow.

 

-

 

''Okay. This is crazy.'' I said and look at the tall building in front of me. What's wrong with me? I should just sleep at my home this time instead of standing in front of the school gate, waiting for Jaerim and Zelo.

 

I lean on the wall while hug my body tightly. It's so cold. The night wind is no joke. Seriously, when will they show up. If 5 minutes pass and I still can't see their shadow, I'll probably leave this place. 

As I keep arguing with myself alone, I saw their silhouette under the dim light, walking toward my direction. Automatically, I jump behind the shrubbery beside the wall and cover my mouth from making a sound. I don't know why I need to act like this when I saw them. It's not like I've done anything wrong.

 

''School? Are you sure?'' I heard Zelo's voice, I know she must talk to Zelo because who else with them, only the two of them. I can't take away my eyes from Zelo. I gulp down a saliva slowly and try to hear their conversation again.

''Let's go, I have a surprised for you.'' Jaerim said while pull Zelo's arm impatiently. Surprised?

''But what if Hyeri comes and we're not here?'' Zelo said while looking around, probably looking for me. I smile secretly and my heart beat strangely. 

''No. She's not coming. She already sent a message for me saying that she can't come tonight.'' Jaerim said and I know that's all a lies because I never sent anything to her. Looks like Zelo believe in her as both of them sneak into the hall way. 

 

I get out from the hidden place and stare along the hall way where Jaerim and Zelo went. I walk as fast as I can without making a noisy sound. The hall is pretty dark yet scary. Since I'm alone, I keep turn my back to look around in case the school guard saw me. As I reach to the stairs that lead me to the rooftop school, I heard a girl voice that I believe it's Jaerim's voice.

 

''Let's go upstairs.'' She smiles and guides Zelo along the stairs. Zelo didn't said anything as he just follow Jaerim's orders. 

''Should I go to?'' I lean against the wall and think hard about the risk that will happen to me if Jaerim finds out that I'm here as well.

 

-

 

The door to the rooftop being closed after I reach the last stairs. Fortunately, no one saw me. I clasped my hand together and leaned against the door to hear their conversation. As I get closer to the door, someone open it making me stumble a bit. 

 

''Ahh, Jaerim ah. I-I just come to say hi.'' Quickly I turn my body to go downstairs as I can feel the strong aura behind me. 

''Hyeri ah.'' Jaerim simple words make me stop my pace to walk any further. I didn't dare to turn to her instead I just nod my head a bit to show that I'll listen to her.

''Don't flirt with what's mine.''