Chapter 16

A Riddle Love

 


I quickly pull Zelo's away when I realize that I'm in his embrace because of the lightning sound earlier. The air becomes tense as both of us become mute and the sound of rain drops on the ground become harder than before. 

 

''Let me go or both of us will catch a cold because right now our clothes already soaked by heavy rain.'' I said through my grit teeth.

''As I said before, reveal your true feeling or we'll stay here until morning comes.'' He said, determine by his answer.

''If you wish so, stay here alone until morning comes. I'm going home.'' I said while push him with my might, making him stumble a bit.

 

I quickly run away when I saw a small chance to escape from him. With a heavy heart that I'm carry, I left Zelo in the rain, alone. As I about to speed up away from him, suddenly the gravity seems to stopped me from running away. 

I closed my eyes tightly when I feel someone give me a backhug. I keep struggle in his embrace but stop once I realize that it won't work.

 

''I hope I only heard a 'yes' words from you, can you do so?'' Zelo whisper in my ear slowly. I didn't said anything as I only feel his hot breath brush against my neck. It somehow feel warm and pleasant.

''Can you accept my heart?'' The simple and lovely words that flee from his mouth almost make me smile but I keep my straight face, afraid that he will see it.

''N-

''If you not going to accept it, can you at least lie to me?'' He said, hurt.

 

I closed my eyes as the words that Zelo said one by one suddenly become unclear.

 

''Stop it already. I want to go home.'' The words that I crave to say to him disappear in my mind. I feel tired yet I need to said something to him but this situation doesn't help much. The vision in front of me turn into a blur one and the rain keep hitting on me, making me sick of this situation. I feel weak all of sudden and a pitch black take over me in a second.

 

-

 

The soft mattress underneath me make me become aware that I'm no longer on the school rooftop. I quickly get up into sit position and hold my head carefully. It feels like the world keep rotate with the things in this room too. I closed my eyes for a moment and breath slowly.

 

''Where am I?'' I said, scanning the blue painted room around me. It feels like this room belongs to a guy because of its surrounding. 

''Are you okay?'' The familiar voice suddenly can be heard and the door being open by a tall guy.

 

I blinked a few times to get a clear vision to a guy in front of me. This person..I don't know him.

 

''Who are you?'' I said, pulling a blue blanket closer to my body.

 

He sits on the chair beside me and put a cup of tea on the small table. Smiling. he looks at me.

 

''I'm Yongguk. Zelo's hyung.'' He said. I notice that he has a deep voice and it somehow scared me.

 

Silent.

 

Did Zelo has a hyung?

 

''Anyway, I heard everything about you. You're sweet. That's why I believe Zelo love you.'' He said, showing his gummy smile.

 

He then get up from his seat and check my temperature by putting his back hand on my forehead. I was taken by his sudden skin ship but I didn't show it, believe that he just check my temperature only.

As he about to leave, I quickly voice out.

 

''Where's Zelo?'' The only question that I want to ask. From the beginning I regain my consciousness, I never saw his shadow anymore. The first thing that show up in front of me is this guy. Zelo's hyung. 

''He will come soon after he's done taking his shower.'' He smile and closed the door slowly. Before he walks away, he managed to said good night and have a good rest to me.

 

I let out a weary sigh and almost doze off when I heard a door being open by someone. Judging from his figure I know who's coming in.

 

''You're awake?'' He said carefully while look at me. I reply his question by humming in a low voice.

 

He comes and sit beside me like how Yongguk did before.

 

''So..Do you feel better?'' He said, rubbing his neck awkwardly and I can see his hair still wet, probably he didn't dry it.

''I'm good. How did I ended up laying on your bed?'' I said, still have a cold expression written on my face,

''You're fainted in my embrace because of the rain. And it's all my fault.'' He said, now blaming himself for making me sick.

''I'm sorry.'' He said in a low voice but loud enough to make me heard.

 

I didn't said anything. I want to said that he's wrong but it turned out to be true so I just let my mouth shut. Avoiding his gaze, I look down and my eyes grew bigger.

 

''My cloth? Who'd changed my cloth?'' I scream nervously and scan my whole body.

 

This time, no words can be heard from Zelo as his ears suddenly turn red, likes he's know something. I cover my body with the blanket and wait for his explanation.

 

''Don't worry, I didn't saw anything as I changed your cloth before. Since I don't want you to catch a cold, that's why I decide to do it.'' He said, shy as he thinking about that scene.

 

I glare at him and hit his hand that happen to be beside me hardly. 

 

''Don't take it wrong. As I said before I didn't look at your body-

''Stop it, stop it. I don't want to hear anymore. ert,'' I said, cutting his words off as I can't stand to hear anything from him about my body.

''Okay, I'm sorry. I don't have any bad intention about changing your cloth. It's wet and it's my responsibility to change it for you.'' He said.

 

He stands up from his seat and smile to me. A smile that shows how weary he was with my behavior but he doesn't care at all as long as he can stay with me.

 

''I know you will hate me about that but I don't care because if its can protect you, then I will do it. You're tired aren't you? Then I will take my leave now so you can rest for a little longer before I sent you to your house tomorrow. It's already late now, so just sleep here for one night.'' He said and turn off the light, letting the room become a dim light.

''And if you need anything, just call me. I'll be at living room.'' He add and about to close the door but stop when he heard my little voice.

''Zelo ah..'' 

 

He comes back again and look at my direction, confuse.

 

''Are you sure you don't see anything?'' I said in a timid voice, still concerned about the cloth thing.

 

He chuckles at my question and walk toward me.

 

''Will you angry if I said that I only take a peek while I change your cloth?'' He playfully said.

''Yah! You're ert.'' I scream while throw a pillow to him.

 

He catch it in a time and laugh slowly. He sits beside me, on the bed and give the pillow back to me. I grab it and hug the pillow while glare at him. Thinking of what he said earlier make my cheek become hot and my heart racing rapidly. Thanks God that he already turn off the light and he probably won't realize about this red cheek of mine.

 

''Don't look at me like that. I'm just joking. I didn't see anything because I'd cover your body with a blanket before I take it off.'' He said, sounding ert into my ear.

''Yah, stop it.'' I hit his chest in embarrassment. Actually, he doesn't have to tells me clearly about that.

 

He grabs my wrist to stop me from hitting his chest any longer. His face change into a serious one when he's done laughing. 

 

''I've tell Jaerim about my true feeling and it seems that she understands it even it's hard for her.'' He said, holding my hand in his.

''True feeling?'' I said, tilt my head a little to get a better view from Zelo.

''Yes, true feeling that I'd fell in love with you and not her.'' He said again, making my heart thump in a strange way.

''Zelo ah. the true is-

 

I didn't get to finish my words when I feel something soft brush against my lips. It's not a force one but only a light. I push him away from me due to surprise and tighten my grips on the blanket.

 

''It's a goodnight kiss.'' He casually state and get up from the bed. I put my thumb on my lips and I can feel a butterfly in my stomach. Does it mean that I've accepted his love?

He saunter quietly to the door way and close the door making the darkness take over the room.

 

''Goodnight my love.''