Chapter 3

A Riddle Love

 

I throw myself on my bed as I arrived at my house. The atmosphere in the cafe earlier make me uncomfortable because Jaerim only talks with Zelo while sometimes Zelo's gaze on me. After the long talk with him, I excuse myself to go home first, leaving the two in the cafe. I let out a sigh and lay myself on my bed. Closing my eyes, I suddenly remember the letter that I received at my locker today.

 

''My heart?'' I quickly sit up from the lay position and pull my bag near me. Before I walk away from the cafe, I put the second letter in my bag when the two of them still talking. I take out the letter and put it in front of me.

If this person mentioned about 'heart', isn't it mean love?

First I got a threatened letter and now I get a love letter. I smile like a fool, thinking someone really fall in love with me.

 

''Wait, what's the first letter words again?'' I get off from my bed and stroll to my drawer. Opening the drawer, I gulp my saliva slowly when I saw the first letter lay flat in the drawer. I take it out from the drawer and get back to my bed. 

''This letter, is it from the same person?'' I put the first letter beside the second ones and titled my head. If it's from the same person, what is he/she wants to tells me with this confusing letter. I close my eyes and lean my back on the bed board. I wonder why I'm the one who's got this faze letter.

 

A few minutes pass and I still let myself be disturbed by those letter. I open my eyes and my gaze briskly on the letters direction.

 

''You had stole something from me. My heart.'' I read leisurely and my eyes grew bigger this time. It's actually a connected letter. I finally recognize that this is not the threatened letter but the most puzzling letter I've ever received. My cheek become hot as I keep thinking about the person that sent this letter for me. Even there's no one in my room, I still feel embarrassed for nothing. Since I never received this kind of letter, I don't know what actually I need to do.

Should I reply to it? But how?

 

I let out a sigh of despair and take my phone beside me. Sweep the screen slowly, I put a SNSD's song and hum along. When I recall back about the letter situation, I find it's amusing because the day I received the letter, Zelo also comes to my life. I mean he appears the same day I received the letter. Is it him? 

I shook my head and thought that's only coincidence. He doesn't even knows me and I really don't have any idea about who is him, so that doesn't make any sense.

A sudden ring make me startled in my spot. I look at the phone screen and Jaerim's name pop out.

 

''Why is she calling me?'' I said before accept the call.

''Yah, Oh Hyeri, guess what?'' She said in excited voice.

''Hm..

''I really fell in love with him!'' She cuts off my words and screams likes she's own the world.

''So-

''Promise me something.'' She adds again without let me finish my words.

''Wh-

''Promise me that you won't fall for him because he's mine.'' She said again but I notice her voice now become serious than before.

''Okay.'' I simply said.

''No no, you should say that you won't fall for the person named Zelo.'' Is she really sick or crazy?

''Okay, I promise I won't fall for the person named Zelo. Happy?'' I sigh when I didn't hear anything from the line after my last words. I look at my screen phone and suss that she already hang up.

 

They not become a couple yet but Jaerim acts like she's already owns Zelo. I walk out to my balcony and look at purple-orange sky. I notice that the sun's no longer in the sky and I know that a dinner time almost reach.

What should I eat for dinner? Looks like mom's didn't come back home yet.

I put on my hoodie and a short. Grabbing a purse, I make my way to downstairs. I need to buy something that can make us full. Mom can come home anytime so I need to hurry find some foods.

 

''Where should I go? Almost half of the shop already closed.'' I said while wandering around the city, looking for the food shop. It takes me about 30 minutes to find a shop but to my disappointed, I didn't find one.

Sighing, I turn around and walk to my house direction. But something caught my attention and make my leg stop walking. A big smile plastered on my face.

 

''Finally, this is the only cafe that still open.'' I said and enter the cafe happily.

 

Zelo's P.O.V

The moment she left, the situation suddenly feel awkward and I don't know how to start a conversation with her friend, Jaerim. I just let out a low chuckle and excuse myself to continue my work. Jaerim seems understand since she just nods and smile at me.

After a few hours, I found out that Jaerim no longer at her seat. She probably go home by now since the sky already turn into gloomy one. The owner of the cafe suddenly need to go out for a business problem, he left the key with me and told me to lock the cafe when my works already done. I take the key and toss it in my pocket after wave a goodbye to him. 

After done with mopping the floor, I keep the apron back at the private room and snatch my bag swiftly. I about to walk out from the room when suddenly I heard a bell sound from the entrance. 

 

''Sorry, we're already clo-

 

My lip froze as I saw that person. She comes to find me, right?