Chapter 26

A Riddle Love

 

The sound of a bird chipping outside my room can be heard as the alarm clock on the table start to ringing. I run my hand through the table and grab the alarm clock. The alarm clock keep ringing in my hand as I quickly hit the off button on the alarm clock. Quiet. 

I sit on the bed as soon as I saw a double-digit on my screen phone. 0630AM. Today I've planned to ride a bus to the school so in order to fulfill my little wish, I need to wake up early. The bus won't wait for the customers. The customers will wait for the bus. With that thought, I quickly rise up from the bed and stroll to the bathroom. 

 

5 minutes pass..

 

Looking in the mirror, the yesterday memories fly in my mind like a storm. The part where Zelo kissed me never left my mind. I feel shy all of sudden. It's not even our first kiss but I acted like one. When I think back about yesterday incident, I feel like it doesn't make sense at all. Mom didn't know about Zelo's presence. If mom have any idea about those incident, I will be punished for a year. What a relief. 

I tied my hair into a ponytail and fix my uniform for a last time before I go to downstairs. As I reach the last stairs, I heard a noise from the kitchen and I'm confident the person in the kitchen is no other than mom. I saunter to the kitchen and awkwardly make an eye contact with mom.

 

''It's only 7 AM. Why you're already awake? Usually you'll go to school at 7.30 AM. Did something happened to my daughter?'' Mom seems shocked when the first thing in the morning she saw my face. Normally she never have a chance to looks at my face whenever it's a working day unless it's a holiday.

''Yes, I want to ride a bus today.'' I chirped happily and rush to the fridge. Taking out a bottle of milk, I quickly gulp down the liquid in the bottle. Mom just chuckles with my no-manner action as she just shook her head, looking at her only daughter. 

''You better get going by now if you don't want miss your last bus.'' Mom said as she looks at her wrist watch, probably don't want her daughter to be late at the bus stop. 

''I'll get going now.'' With that words, I waved at mom and run to the front door. 

 

-

 

Looking at the wrist watch for the fifth time, I finally saw a bus head toward me with a slow speed since the driver saw me, standing at the bus stands. The bus then stop, making a loud noise when the door being opened. I quickly step on the bus and paid for the driver. There's a lot of people in this bus, some of them wearing a school uniform, others wearing a work uniform and half of them, wearing a casual clothes. Maybe they wanna go to morning market. The situation in the bus sure making me hard to find an empty place. Searching for an empty seat, I saw one at the back and quickly go to the seat before the bus start to run. 

 

''First time taking a bus to school, huh?'' I heard a male voice beside me and I quickly turn to him. The new guy? He's taking this bus too? Is he follow me?

''How can you know? And why are you here?'' I shot him a question instead of answering him, unbelievable by his sudden presence. He just let out a small laugh when he saw my confused face.

''Of course I know, I've come to the school by bus. Everyday. And this is first time I saw you in this bus too.'' He said calmly, a smile never left his lips. How can I didn't notice his presence? I almost punched myself for being a fool in front of him. 

 

The people in the bus left one by one when it's reached their destination leaving me and the new guy behind. I look outside the window and enjoy the morning scenery. The sky become brighter than before. There's a lot of people on the street. The silence street now become a crowded one. 

As the bus make it's turn to our school, I quickly get up from my seat to rush to the exit door but then the new guy grabs my wrist, making my leg lost it's balance and I find myself in sit position again. 

 

''Let's skip class for one day.'' His words make my heart skip a beat. Skip class? I never skip any class before and I feel a bit uncomfortable with his request. If I agreed with him, its means that I can't meet with Zelo today and if I didn't agreed with him, I need to face with Jaerim. What should I do? I clutch my bag strap as I keep wonder whether to skip a class or not. 

Let's just not skip the class and face with Jaerim like usual.

 

"I don't want to go with you. I will go to the school today. Sorry.'' I said but I don't know what am I sorry for. It's not my fault if I can't go with him. I just don't want to be a bad girl that skip a class without any solid reasons. Yeah, that's my principle.

''Really? Because it's seems that we will skip a class today.'' He calmly states. I scoff at his answers but for a second I realized that his words absolutely right. We need to skip a school today because the bus already pass by the school and now it's headed towards the park. Great.

 

I let out a sigh and turn to face him. His gazing toward me and a smile spread on his lips, making me smile as well. I don't know what had happened to me, I'm supposed to be angry right now but my lips just can't be in a straight line whenever I saw his face. The music suddenly can be heard all along the bus when the driver turn the radio on. Enjoying the rhythm of the music, I look outside the window and the old memories hit me. 

The park.

The park where I finally figure out the one that always send me those mysterious letters was Zelo. Recalling back to that moments, my heart still beat faster. It's seems like those memories will never left my mind. I never thought that falling in love with someone really make me happy. When Zelo states his confession to me, I mean when he tells me the truth about the person behind those letters is him, I almost screamed in joy. That's the most important moment in my life and I'll never forget that day. 

 

''Remember something, huh?'' The new guy voiced out his opinion when he saw how unconsciousness the girl beside him. Hearing his words, I come to my sense and the reality back. How can he knows that I reminisced something? Did he has a magic or what? Wait, Hyeri ah, let's stop with those nonsense imagination, can you? I scold myself when I realized that I've been unreasonable. 

''How can you know?'' The only words that escaped from my mouth and I regretted to ask those obvious question. Of course he will said something like that when he saw the girl beside him keep grinning alone while looks outside the window. 

''You really don't remember me, don't you?'' He said again but this time his words seems so serious in my eyes. His eyes, I can feel that he's sad knowing that I'm still didn't remember him. Why can't I remember him? Come on brain, think think. His face is so familiar to me yet I can't remember. 

 

The bus finally stop at the park when the new guy press the stop button. He thanks the driver before get off from the bus, following by me. He guides me to a big tree with a brown bench located under the tree. As we reach under the tree at the park, we finally take a sit on the bench. I feel like Deja vu. It seems like we have go through this situation. 

Wait..

His face resembles someone that I've ever met before. At this place. Don't tell me that he is the JH I was mistaken for.

 

''How can you didn't remember anything the first time we met here? You introduced yourself to me and my members under this tree and after that incident, we'd never met again until I came to your life back by moving to your school.'' He said. Hearing his unexpected words, make my heart beat in unbeatable ways. What is this new feeling?

''Jackson?'' The only words that I managed to said after hearing all of his explanation. The piece of memories with him finally show up. Now I know who's the new puzzling guy in my class that share a seat beside me and the one that always tell me that he knows me from the start. He is..

''Yeah, finally I can hear someone that I love say my name.'' He said. I feel something inside me explode when the words I love flee from his lips. Did he just said that he loves me?