Chapter 24

A Riddle Love

 

''I'm going to take a shower at downstairs so you can use your bathroom to clean yourself up.'' Zelo said all of sudden while he quickly grab the towel that laid on the bed and reach for the L-size shirt beside the towel. He didn't even turn to look at me instead he just the things he needs and rush to downstairs. I wonder why he acted like that.

 

No words slip from my mouth, I just shrug my shoulder and walk to the bathroom while bring my t-shirt and short pants. Closing the door, I turn up the shower to the warm ones. The warm water fell on my body as soon as I open it, it's feel like I'm being soothing by the warm water. I feel good and comfortable. Closing my eyes, I start to dream about something but the dream being interrupt when I remember Jaerim, who's my friend once. I don't have any idea why we became like this. I mean, look at us now. We used to be friend but then the words enemies appears in our life. 

 

''Can't we just be friends like we used to be?'' I sigh as I utter the words slowly. I don't have any other friends except of Jaerim. If I wanna make another friends, I know it will take a long time. As my mind keep flying for the solution to this problem, the sound of car engine can be heard through my room. My eyes automatically opened wide as one thing come to my mind right now. Mom.

 

My heart beat as fast as my movement. I reach for my towel and without thinking twice, I turn the knob swiftly and run to the downstairs. Hearing the front door being opened by mom, I rush to the kitchen way and barged into the bathroom. Locking the door, I let my face face the door, didn't dare to watch the scene in front of me. The worst thing is Zelo takes a shower at this bathroom and now I have to face him....No, no. Stop with those wild imagination. 

 

''What are you doing here?'' Zelo voice out but I shoo him to be quiet and try to take a peek outside. Seems like Zelo already understand with this unexpected situation as he just stay silent. My heart start to bounce wildly and my cheeks turn hot in a sec when I remember the person behind me.

''Please wear the shirt that I gave to you and the towel too.'' I said in a low voice but loud enough to let Zelo hear my statement. Why did I need to be in this embarrassment situation? I can even turn my head to Zelo right now.

''Dear, are you in there?'' Mom's voice greets my ear and I become panic. The 'yes' words that I want to say badly didn't come out from my mouth as I just stay silent in the bathroom. Zelo's cold hand suddenly land on my bare shoulder making my heart almost jumped out from where it should be. I feel like scream right now the moment he put his hand on my shoulder. 

''Just say yes.'' I can hear Zelo's low voice behind me and I almost scream in terror. His deep, husky voice sent a tingle down my spine, which I tried to ignore desperately. Why did all this time I never realized that he has a husky voice when he said in a low voice. I clench my fist as hard as I can before I finally answer mom's long question.

''Yes mom, I've finished take my shower.'' I scream, letting out the shy felling around me. Zelo's quiet chuckle can be heard after I said those crazy sentences earlier. I gulp my saliva once again when I notice my stupid answer. I feel like punch myself right now.

 

Wake up Hyeri! You said you've done take your shower. For God's sake Hyeri ah! Why can't you tell another lies when there's million lies in your dictionary. This is going to be the hard and long day. What should I do now. I feel like cursing at this very moment. Come on brain, think of something that can saved you and Zelo from mom's vision. What should I do..What should I do?..Mom will be suspicious if I'm not exit this bathroom by now. 

Please God, save me.

 

''Honey, I'm going to rest in my room, okay? If you need anything, just come to my room.'' Mom voices out. The moment I heard mom's voice..I mean mom's words, my heart skip a beat. Letting out a relief sigh, I almost jump in happiness. Indeed, today is my lucky day. Thanks God.

 

Hearing a heavy footstep taking a step on the stairs one by one, my hand quickly hold the bathroom door and turn it upside down. I stroll to the stairways and mom's shadow already disappear, maybe she's already go to her room. Thinking of mom, I feel sorry toward her. All this time, she's the one that always take care of me without anyone stands on her side. She never think of me as her burden instead she just smiles to me all the time, telling that she will protects me under this harsh century, whether it's tough or not. She's always there for me. 

 

''Is your mom already gone?'' Zelo's voice startled me as I quickly turn to him, gesturing to stay silent. As I've make sure that mom already in her room, I guide Zelo to my room as quiet as we can. We can't make any noise..Wait, I mean Zelo can't let his voice out even a word, if not..Mom will have an idea that I bring a guy to this house and the worst scene is I let that guy take a shower in here. 

''Don't said anything, just follow me quietly.'' I said. Zelo only hummed as the reply from my statement.

 

The soundless walk to my room actually take a long time. Zelo keeps the pace so that he will not part away from me. I can even feel his hot breath against my bare neck that tell me how close we are. I didn't dare to turn around and ask him don't follow me with this gap instead I just moved swiftly.

Reaching the last destination, I quickly grab Zelo's wrist and drag him into my room. Zelo locks the room making my eyes open wide. It's feel weird when he did that with only a towel that covering his lower body and...to my horror, a pink towel is the only thing that stick on my body, leaving my bare shoulder and thigh being exposed.

Blanket. The only thing that come to my mind in this unexpected situation. I become panic as my eyes briskly wander around the room to find my blanket. Zelo turns to me and he froze in front of the door. He really got a wrong timing to turns at me when I'm in running mode.

 

''Don't look at me and don't say anything!.'' I warn him as I realized how ugly am I with those running movement.

''You're look so..

 

The last part of his words become inaudible as I shut my ear tighlty with my palm.