Chapter 20

A Riddle Love

 

The earphone being plug in my ear as I connect it to my phone. Opening a music track, I let my favorite song play smoothly, making me forgot about what had happened earlier. Talking about the guy that gives me this earphone, have I met him before?

I look straightly in his direction and give him a long stare. This guy.. Why did I feel like I have met him?

 

I walk to my seat and throw myself slowly on the chair. I turn to him as soon as I realized that he's sitting beside me. I mean why would someone that just come to this class want to sit beside me. Since he put his head on the table while cover his face with his arm, I can't barely look at his face. Without realizing, my face become closer to his as I can feel his hot breath against my face.

 

''Did you enjoy the view?'' His lips creep upward, his eyes still closed but he seems to knows that I'm looking at him.

''View?'' I startled as I move backward. How can he notice my position when he closed his eyes all this time.

 

He then open his eyes and turns his head toward me. He tilt his head a bit to look at my confused face. His face almost touch my face as he keeps getting closer to me. Become aware of the situation in front of me, I quickly avoid his gaze and the worst thing is I can feel how hot is my cheeks feel. 

He clears his throat after notice my position.

 

''Long time no see.'' He said, sounding so serious in my ear. Long time no see? Did I know him? The image of him never stuck in my mind. 

''Excuse me, have we met before?'' I said, turn to him. He smile after hearing my unexpected answer. 

''I know you'll give me that reaction.'' He said, his eyes focus on me. It's seems like he wants me to remember something by looking at his sparkling eyes. 

 

I keep thinking, thinking and thinking but there's no memories of him in my mind. Come on brain, find a memories about this guy.

I stare at his figure and many thoughts hit me. How can this handsome guy knows me? Did he my stalker? But the thing that I know, I never feel like someone following me around.

 

''I'm not going to tell you who am I until you get it by your own.'' He flashed his evil smile to me and get up from his seat. The sound of his chair screeching against the floor echoed making everyone in the class looking at our direction. 

''Look at me. Remember me.'' He whispered slowly but loud enough to make me hear his voice. With that, he casually walk away, leaving the class. My heart beat rapidly and I don't even know why. This feeling only appear when I'm with Zelo.

 

Get on my own? Seriously this guy.

 

After his shadow disappear from my sight, the whole students start to mutter around, talking about me and that new guy. I steal a glance toward Jaerim and to my disappointed, she's the one that leads other to badmouthing about me. I feel so sad by her acting. Should I really erase Zelo from my heart?

 

-

 

''Hyeri ah, let's take a lunch together.'' Zelo surprised me by hiding at the door. I look at his direction, watching his figure that waiting for me. I feel guilty yet happy to the fact that he always beside me. 

 

I nod, gesture to him that I will tag along with him to the cafeteria. We walk together toward the cafeteria but none of us said anything. Silent followed us. The atmosphere in the cafeteria become hot as soon as we reached there. The words that I hate the most and I don't want to hear anymore can be heard through the cafeteria. People just can't stop talking about me. 

 

''Hmm, Zelo ah, I don't feel like eating today.'' I said in a low voice. My head hang low as my eyes fixed on the ground, I can't take my eyes off from the ground. 

''All of sudden?'' He said, staring at my direction. I feel bad for lying to him but what can I do? I have no choice. This situation is killing me. I can't even make an eye contact with him. 

 

I nod my head slowly. Curious with my answer, Zelo looks at me with doubtful eyes.

 

''Something went wrong..right?'' Zelo take a small step to me, making a tear rolled down my cheek. I want to cry on his shoulder badly and I want to hear his voice, telling me.. it's okay, you can cry as much as you want. I'll be by your side if you need me.

 

As I notice my tear, I quickly look away, avoiding his eyes.Stop crying, stop crying. He shouldn't know about this kind of matter. I need to settle this Jaerim-and-me problem without involving him. 

 

''Are you crying?'' Zelo aware by my tear as he put his hand on my shoulder, try to look at my crying face. I shook my head and quickly wipe away the tear that still fall from my eyes. 

''I'm not crying.'' I said, try to sound okay in front of Zelo. Why am I crying? I am so sick of crying. 

''Why are you lying?'' Zelo's words hits me really hard. I want to clear those misunderstanding thought but my voice..I can't find my voice.

 

Again, I shook my head hard. I want to tell him the truth yet I don't want that happen. I feel like a fool, trying to twist this situation. Zelo grabs my wrist all of sudden, making my heart skip a beat.

 

''I don't know why you didn't put a trust on me but I know the lied you tell me that you didn't feel like eating today. So, let just go to the cafeteria, okay?'' He pulls me with him towards the cafeteria. My eyes become big as I heard his unexpected words. Struggling in his grips, I keep telling him that I don't want to go to cafe. 

 

The truth is I don't want to hear anything bad from Jaerim because I know if she witness this this scene, she'll probably going insane. 

 

''Don't you hear that she doesn't want to go?'' A familiar voice stops us by taking another steps. He then grabs my right wrist and pull me a bit to him. 

 

His aggressive action makes Zelo turns his back and let out a weary sigh. Zelo pulls me towards him making me stumble on his hugs as he realizes that my other wrist being pulled by other guy. His face changes into a serious one and I can tell that he's pissed off by this guy's action.

 

''Yah, let go of her hand.'' Zelo said through his grit teeth.