Chapter 2

A Riddle Love

 

I walked out to the balcony and looked out into the morning sun light. This is a time to go to school but my body don't want to cooperate with me at all. I just stand froze at the balcony and my mind keep thinking about the letter that I received yesterday. The letter somehow didn't seems like a joke but it more like..a threaten?

While my mind keep wandering about that letter suddenly the pithy idea show up.

 

''I think I can solve this problem. I just need to go to school today..and meet with the guy that gave me this letter.'' I said while rush back in my room and prepared myself pretty damn quick. I think I just scared on nothing.

 

Ignoring the breakfast, I quickly put my sneaker on and lock the gate before rush to the school. Even in the morning, the road never seems to be peace because the vehicles never left their lane until a night comes. I speed up my pace when I realize that I don't have much times before the school gates closed.

Finally, I arrived at the school just in time and the sweat take over me. Good.

 

''Hyeri, why are you so late today?'' Jaerim strolls toward me with a cup of warm americano in her hand.

''For me? Thank you.'' I gasp for some air and try to take the cup of americano in her hand but she slaps my hand away and protect her americano.

''Sorry, this is not for you but for..him.'' She said shyly and once again, she leave me dumbfounded.

 

Him?

 

Recently, Jaerim always talks about him. Who is him really? 

I let out a sigh and make my way to the first class. Before I make a turn to my class, suddenly my eyes caught something that make me stop from a sudden movement. That guy. The guy that gave me the blue letter yesterday when the school ends. Should I ask him about the letter now? 

I look at my wristwatch and I mentally curse myself because I don't have any times to stop and have a chat with him concerning the letter. With a heavy step, I leave the hall and turn to my class. 

 

''Hyeri, can you accompany me to the nearby cafe after school end?'' Jaerim looks at me, trying her best to make me fall into her big brown eyes.

''Can't you go alone? I have many things to do after school.'' I whisper at her.

''Please. I need you to be there too.'' She said with a sad tone. Finally, I agree to stop at the cafe with her, look like I need to delay my intention to solve the letter problem today.

 

The class eventually start when the seat already full and the teacher arrived. The teacher asks us to copy the note that he already wrote on the white board while he explains the definition. I turn to my side and found out that Jaerim didn't even start copy the note at the front yet, she keeps doodling something on her notebook.

Zelo? Who is Zelo? Why is Jaerim writes his name on her notebook?

 

''Yah, what are you doing?'' I poke her arm and she jumps a bit from her seat.

''Uh- Nothing.'' She quickly hides her doodling notebook inside her bag and pretends to copy the note from my book.

''Who is Zelo?'' I said and she froze in her spot after hearing 'Zelo' name.

''Yah, don't said it out loud.'' She slaps my arm lightly and her face turn into a shy ones. I stare at her, still waiting for my question being answer by her.

''He's..No..I like him.'' With that she quickly cover her red face with both palms. I just nod slowly, didn't know how to give her such a reaction since I don't have any idea who's Zelo.

 

After hearing a sound of bell, every students in my class dash out to the cafeteria. It's already lunch time and I need to start my mission to find that guy since Jaerim asks me to accompany her to the nearby cafe after school. Look like I only have 30 minutes to search for that guy and ask him about the letter before the lunch time end.

I quickly get out from the class, leaving the shy Jaerim alone in the class and wandering around the hall.

My 20 minutes already being waste by wandering around, the figure of that guy never shown up at this place. I quickened my pace and rush toward my locker. Maybe I can find him there but my thought never right. There's also no sign of him here. I lean my back at my locker and something caught my eyes.

The blue letter.

I take it from my locker and my hand shake a bit. What if this letter contain a words like

I will kill you or your life is in danger 

What should I do?

I open the letter slowly and the sudden bell make me startled in my spot. I fold the letter back and run to my class. Why I feel like I'm in tragic drama? It seems like after I've open this letter then something bad will happen to me. I shrug off the crazy thought in my head and sit at my place. 

 

Finally, the school end and Jaerim pull my hand and lead me to the nearby cafe. She is really something. I never know that she's really likes that cafe too much. We arrived the cafe and Jaerim finds a seat for two of us.

I just follow her and sit in front of her. She seems extremely excited and the corner of her lips never seems to be tired to smile. The waiter comes to our table and Jaerim orders a drinks for both of us.

Suddenly, I remember about the letter that I found at my locker earlier. I take the letter from my bag and steal a quick glance at Jaerim. She keeps looking around so this is my chance to read this letter. I open the letter and my heart race swiftly.

 

my heart

 

Is that all? I keep turn the letter back and front to find another words but to my disappointed, there's no other words except 'my heart.' 

 

''Hyeri, look.'' Jaerim points at the guy that just enter the cafe with a school uniform. The uniform that same with us. Is he attends TS High School too? But I never saw him. I look at the guy that Jaerim points and accidentally make an eye contact with him. He smile at me but I quickly look away. 

''Who's that?'' I turn my attention to Jaerim and she keeps looking at the guy direction. I poke her cheek slowly and she quickly fix her gaze to me.

''Zelo.'' She said shyly. I take a peek at the guy named Zelo and back to Jaerim. Her eyes never leave Zelo's figure until he disappear into a private room. No wonder that Jaerim becomes crazy at Zelo because he's a good looking person. I thought.

''He's working here and the most important thing is he's in the same school with us.'' Jaerim said, break away my thought.

''Really? I never saw him before.'' I said.

''Of course you never saw him, he just attends the same school with us yesterday.'' She said in excited tone. I just nod my head. Forgetting about the letter that I put beside me, I just enjoyed the coffee that arrived a few second ago.

''Should I call him?'' Jaerim said. 

''For what?'' I said without look at her and take another sip from the warm coffee.

''For know each other name.'' She said happily.

''But you're already know his name.'' I said innocently. She looks annoyed with my action and slap my forehead.

''He doesn't know my name, pabo.'' I just nod my head.

 

Zelo's P.O.V

She's here. Did she already knows about that?

I put a black apron and heard my colleague calls me.

 

''Zelo, the customer at table number 2 call for you.'' I quickly walk out and realized that she's at that table. Why is she calls for me? Maybe she's already knows about that but I didn't even write any hint about me yet.

''Yes?'' I said and two girls eyes me up and down.

''Are you a new student from TS right?'' One of the girl that I guess is her friend asks me.

''Yes.'' I said with a smile. My eyes suddenly land on the blue letter beside her. Look like she's already read my letter. How is her reaction after read my letter? I'm really curious.

''Me too.'' She said excitedly and pull my hand to sit beside her. ''My name is Jaerim.'' She said again.

''Oh, I'm Zelo.'' I awkwardly said and my eyes never leave her. ''She's Hyeri.'' Jaerim points at her and she smile to me. Unknowingly, I smile too. I search for her eyes but it seems like she doesn't know that I'm the one that sent to her those letter. I hope she will finds me when she get my letter next time.