Chapter 29

A Riddle Love

 

Thinking of what Zelo’d say before make me realize that I really need to meet him tonight and tell him how my real feeling toward him. I don't want any excuse anymore. I want Zelo knows that I’m sincere with him. I don't want any excuse anymore. Yeah, this is what my heart would tell me. The thing is I love Zelo but there's a shy feeling deep in my heart that slowly start beating when I'm with Jackson. That's mean I just consider him as a friend right?

That’s the only thing I need to do right now. Yeah, I just need to go to the park this night and tell him everything. Tell from the very bottom of my heart that he's the one for me. 

Enjoying the sunset view, I become excited about tonight where Zelo and I will share thought about each other. Thinking of that, my lips turn upwards. On the way to my house, I found myself searching for my phone when it suddenly vibrate in my bag, telling me that I have a new message. Pressing the main button on my phone, I saw the picture of me and Zelo, smiling under the blue sky. I smile as well.

The message icon successfully grab my attention making me back to the reality. Curious about the message, slowly I slide down my phone to unlock it and 1 new message from unknown number pops out on the screen.

 

“Who’s this? Zelo? Probably not..Because I’ve saved his number..’’ I said while my finger busily touch the opening screen. The message opened and I carefully read it without miss any words. My eyes start to grew bigger when I saw the message as well as my mouth. 

 

Hyeri ah, where are you right now? I’m dying right now, please help me. I really need your help..This is Jackson.

 

Jackson?

What’s wrong with him?

The message sure make me worried because right now, my leg move automatically and it turns into running position. My fingers keep scrolling the screen to find where Jackson’s live through the GPS. Deep in my heart, my inner feeling said that I should go to Jackson right this moment. After all, he’s my friend. How can I ignore him when he just sends me a message like that. He must be in a big problems. The nervousness start to grow in my stomach. What's wrong with Jackson? Is he really dying? The whole negative sentences keep questioning myself when I don't know the answer.

The run finally stop when the GPS said so. I look down to my phone when it show the right path to the Jackson's house that happen to be right in front of me. Standing in front of a big mansion, I’m pretty sure this is Jackson’s house when I saw a chinese letter at his box mail. Gathering all the courage that already missing in myself, I gasping for breath. 

 

“Jackson, are you there?’’ I scream from the outside when I heard nothing. Why isn’t he responds to me? Taking another big steps to his door way, I heard something.

Crackkk..

The pieces of glass shattered on the floor can be heard from the mansion. My heart suddenly feel uneasy. What happened to Jackson? That’s the only question that keep playing on my mind at this moment. I mustered up my courage and trespass into his house.

Opening the door aggressively without waiting for Jackson, only silent greets me. Inside the mansion, I notice how rich Jackson was. The wall and the door was painted by a white color. The picture that hanging on the wall showing a little Jackson, and his parents.

Suddenly, I heard someone groans at the second floor. Forgetitng about the picture, I quickly run upstairs and find the laying Jackson on the floor with a pieces of shattered glass beside him. I gawk at the scene in front of me while close my mouth with my palm. This scene only exist in detective or police movie and now, it’s happened right in front of my eyes.

With a speed, I quickly make my way to Jackson and lift him slowly to his bedroom where it happens beside us. Dragging him to the bed, I realized how my energy sustained very fast and now, I felt extremely tired. It’s not that I’m weak but he’s weight is too much for me. Putting him carefully on the bed, I check his temperature and to my surprised, my hand almost burned on his forehead. Once again, running to the kitchen, I grab a wet towel and put it on his forehead.

I know why he’s telling me that he’s dying right now.

 

After done taking care of him, I grab a stick of broom that I bring with when I’m in the kitchen earlier. I sweep all the shattered glass on the floor carefully because if I’m careless, I might hurt myself. It must be hard on Jackson to just grab a glass of water until the glass drop on the floor.

By the way, where is his parents?

The evening came so fast as the orange sky fade and turns into a dark one. The birds start to chirp loudly, probably trying to tell it’s pack to go home before the night comes. I walk towards Jackson’s room and sit on the edge of his bed. Looking carefully around his room, I saw a bowl of porridge on the small table beside his bed and a letters under the bowl. Maybe his relatives comes and visit him earlier because the porridge still warm and untouchable.

 

''Ugh..'' Jackson rubs his face, letting out a low groan of pain. I turn to him as soon as I heard his voice. His pale face show that how much he's in pain. I grab a towel that lay flat on his forehead and soak into a bowl that full of water. Our eyes met and he looks surprised by my presence. 

''You came?'' He smile. 

''Of course I come when you send those threatens message to me. You know how much I'm worried about you.'' I said, almost scold him. He just let out a small laugh and grab my wrist. He puts my hand right on his chest. I can feel how his heart beat in calm way. How secured he feels when I'm around him. But it's different from me, my heart now beat in nervous way. I don't know how to respond to him. 

''Really? I thought you wouldn't coming.'' He said, struggling to find a sit position. I find how difficult he was and quickly come closer to him to help him. As I lean toward him, I can tell how red his face was and his hard breathing. Our eyes met once again and to my shock he trace my face with his long finger. I feel something in my stomach, grumbling and somehow, I feel guilty. This should not happen between both of us. 

''Ahh..you should eat your porridge by now or not it will be cold.''I said, almost stutter in my own words when I realized how close are we. Jackson didn't said anything instead he just staring at my face, with a serious look. 

 

I quickly back away from him when I find it's strange with our position but then he stopped me from do that. He grabs my waist and smile. That sweet smile almost melt my heart like how it used to melt. 

 

''Please just stay like this for a minutes.'' The only words he said before he become unconscious again.

 

-

 

At the same time, in the park there's a guy with a white shirt and black jeans, standing in front of a fountain with a sad look eyes. He stare at the watch he brings along and the needle of the watch show it's already 8.30 pm. He just stands there without even care to find a seat at the nearest bench. There's a hope that burried in his heart. He knows she will come yet he afraid to the facts that he can't see her presence tonight.