Chapter 28

A Riddle Love

 

The air suddenly turns into a cold one when the weather outside is just great. My throat feel dry, my eyes keep shaking as well as my body. I can't believe my ear when I heard Zelo's words. With the only words that left Zelo's mouth, its feel like I've been stabbed a few times with a sharp knife. It's hurt. None of us try to break the cold air because we're too busy playing a staring contest. The emotions in Zelo's eyes tells everything. His eyes never left my figure. It's seems like there's a lot things he wants to asks but he decided to stay silent. 

 

''It's not like what you're thinking.'' Finally, I speak out after a long paused. I want to tell Zelo that everything is wrong from the start but I just don't know where to start. I don't know what is wrong with my heart. Why it must beat rapidly whenever Zelo and Jackson around me. I know it's wrong but I just don't understand with my heart. It's suppose to beat wildly to a person I loved. Am I fall in love with two persons? 

''I know.'' Zelo said. But those answer never satisfied me. What does he mean by that? What did he knows? He doesn't know anything. He just witnessed something that he shouldn't. It's not I'm trying to play with his heart. Jackson's action earlier wasn't being arranged, it just accident. He just trying to wipes my lips. That's all. 

''So Zelo, you want to join us?'' Jackson said, offering Zelo a cup of coffee. Zelo didn't react to Jackson invitation instead he just stare at me. The guilty feeling wash over me as I keep my head hanging low. I just can't make an eye contact with Zelo yet. Zelo then walk closer to me and stand right in front of me. His hand grabs my wrist as I get up from my seat automatically. His eyes fixed on mine. For a second, I thought we were in a different world. 

 

Zelo drags me outside the cafe, leaving Jackson all alone like how he did long time ago. I feel bad for Jackson but I can't do anything. Let's just draw the line between me and Jackson. Jackson is just a friend.

My legs never tired follow Zelo around. It's been 10 minutes already and we're still walking under the light blue sky. I don't know where he wants to take me but I feel secured. The fear in my heart never show up but the inquisitive feeling in me suddenly appear. Is he still angry at me?

 

''Zelo ah, where are we going? It's been a few minutes and we're still walking.'' I said, totally grab his attention when suddenly he stopped his pace, making my head bump onto his board shoulder. He inhaled the air before turns to me. His hand still grabbing my wrist tightly. Our eyes once again met but this time his eyes seems different. He closed his eyes for a second and open it again.

''I don't know where are we heading to..It's like how my heart feel right now.'' Zelo speak up and at the same time, he let go of my wrist. The noise around us suddenly become soundless. I feel hurt by his action but I try to swallow up the feeling of mine. Right now it's just the two of us in this world. I can't see anything except his figure when the road where we're standing right now full of people. Hearing those words from him, I feel incoherent. 

''What do you mean by those words?'' I ask him, trying to figure out what's the meaning by those sentence. Somehow, it's hurts to hear those words from his mouth. Am I too much? It's feel like I'm trying to play with two hearts at once. 

''Can you decide right now? Me or him?'' The sad feeling suddenly choke me, if Zelo starts asking those question..It's means that he starts to lost his trust in me. What's he telling to tell me? Choose between he and Jackson. 

''What do you think? How could you make me choose between the two of you?'' I said, suddenly feel unfair with his treatment. He shouldn't ask this things when he knows my obvious answer right? Why did he makes everything turns hard and difficult. 

''You can't choose right? You have a heart with that Jackson guy right?'' Zelo said, making my heart skip a beat. Zelo start to act furious when he suddenly punch the wall beside him. Hard. I startle by his action as my eyes start shaking. This is not Zelo that I know. He's changed.

''No, I'm not.'' I shout, trying to aware him that I'm not trying to fall in love with two guys. Zelo looks shocks with my counter attacks as his eyes turns into a cold one. His smile faded away and a straight line being replaced on his lips. This is the first time ever I had a fight with Zelo under a cherry blossom. Today might be the best day but it's turn into a storm one.

 

Zelo let out a heavy sigh and his eyes closed for a minutes. Judging by his looks, he's not in mood to talk with me right now. He leans on the wall beside him and clenched his fist tightly, nails digging into his palms. I notice his bleeding fist and the worries feeling grows on me. This is all my fault. He hurts himself while fighting with me. 

I walk closer to him and muster up my courage to touch his fist gently but he quickly rejects my help. He hides his fist behind his back and avoid making an eye contact with me. 

 

''I'm sorry.'' I said in a low voice. I don't know why but I can feel how hurt his fist as well as his heart. Too much following how my heartbeat around Jackson, make me realized that that is not the best thing ever. This heart should beat wildly when I'm with Zelo, not with other guys. 

''I don't need your sorry. I just want your answer. If you choose me, then meet me at the park around 8 tonight, but if you choose him, then you shouldn't come.'' He said, still avoiding my eyes and walk away, leaving me behind beside the busy road.

 

His back slowly fade away from my view. The scarlet glow of the sun start to shine the world. The sound of bird chirp loudly can be heard, probably telling the other packs to go home before night come, cover all the bright sky with a dark light.

 

''Pabo Zelo! Of course Jackson is just a friend but you..You are more than a friend.'' I said but I know it's too late when his figure no longer in front of me. 

 

Slowly, I turn around and walk along the path to my house direction.