Chapter 7

A Riddle Love

 

I throw my bag on my bed as soon as I arrive at my house. Laying beside my bag, I realized that those letters that I received all this time actually for Jaerim. I don't know whether to be happy or not but when Jaerim told the third letters is about confession, I feel so excited but sad in the same time because Jaerim took that letter, telling that it's for her.

I can't said anything since I also don't know whether the letter is for me or for her.

 

''Should I give the first and second letters to Jaerim as well?'' I said while thinking hardly about the letters.

 

Rolling on the bed, I finally make up a decision about the remaining letters that I get a few days ago. I get up from my bed and stroll toward my study table, where I keep the letters in the drawer. I slowly open the drawer and take out the small box that I place the letters when I get from the first time. 

After the small box perfectly in my grip, I make myself to my bed and sit at the corner of the bed. I smile as I open the box cover and reveal the threatened and sweet letters that I used to scared of. I about to take one letter out to read again but stop my intention when my phone suddenly buzz.

 

''A message?'' I grab my phone and stare at the screen that show one new message from unknown number. I sweep the screen and open the message that I got a few seconds ago. 

 

Wanna go out today?

Junhong.

 

''Junhong?'' I said while trying to recall back if I have a friends name Junhong. As I know, I only befriend with Jaerim, no one else beside that. Thinking as hard as I can, finally I remember that Zelo's real name is Junhong. 

''Isn't Zelo's real name is..Junhong? If yes, why he asks me to go out with him?'' I said, staring at the message. And, wait, how can he knows my number? What should I reply to him?

Actually, beside Jaerim, I always want to go out with someone new because when I hang out with Jaerim, she only and always talks about the person her likes. She never asks me whether I have something to share with her.

As I remember all the times I spend with her, I realized that we didn't make a good memories so I feel really curios about hanging out with someone new. Maybe a good memories can be created?

 

If I hang out with Zelo, it's mean I'm betraying Jaerim right? I already promise to her not to be close with Zelo. But if I only hang out with Zelo without involve a feeling, it's okay, right? Anyway, I can make a great memories that I can remember when I become older.

Without hesitating, I send yes to Zelo. I hope we will have fun today.

 

''I'm sorry Jaerim ah.'' I said and quickly run to the wardrobe to find something cute to wear. Smiling, I carefully take out a pink dress that reveal my milky white skin and put it on my bed. I don't know why but I want to look good for our first time hang out together even we're just a friend.

 

After done with a dress, I tied my hair into a ponytail. I keep twirl in front of the mirror and let my dress fly too. Forgetting about the letters on my bed, I quickly take my purse and rush to downstairs. 

This will be a good day.

I step outside my house and smile when I saw Zelo in front of the gate, wearing a white t-shirt and jeans. My heart melt when I saw him. If I need to describe him in one word, I will say he's like an angel. I keep look at him up and down when suddenly I heard a voice. A girl voice.

 

''What are you looking at, Hyeri ah?'' I quickly lift my head up and to my terror, I saw Jaerim beside Zelo.

I gulp my saliva slowly and pretend to look at the ground. 

''Nothing, I just remember that I need to lop the grass today.'' I said while let out a dry laugh. Jaerim keeps ogle at my direction while I keep avoiding her angry eyes.

 

I thought today will be a good day but my hope is totally wrong.

 

''I'm sorry Hyeri ah, I bumped into Jaerim when I want to go to your house. She asks me where I want to go, so I told her about our plan today. She said she wants to tag along with us.'' Zelo finally said when he notices the tense between me and Jaerim.

''Ahh, no need to said sorry. I also want to ask Jaerim to go along with us. Ha.ha.ha.'' I lied and awkwardly let out a laugh.

''Let's go before we're late.'' Jaerim said, look at me up and down. 

 

Jaerim turns to Zelo and hugs Zelo's arm tightly while leads him away from me. Zelo looks at me and I can see his eyes keep calling me. Suddenly, Zelo stop from walking and grab my wrist gently.

 

''Let's walk together. Can we?'' He said firmly and I can see Jaerim's eyes now on me, telling me to get lost from Zelo's grips but I can't do what she wants because Zelo's the one that holds my hands.

 

Jaerim didn't bother to let go of Zelo's arm instead she keeps hugging Zelo's arm like she's own him while Zelo tightened his grips on my wrist. I wonder why this two behaving like this.

All people that pass by us give a confused look when they saw our position. What is this situation? It's like Zelo's date a two girls in a same time. I can't lift my head up from embarrassment. It's look like a triangle love.

Sometimes, Jaerim will pull Zelo's toward her and gives a glare at me. Being the scared me, I keep avoiding her glare and pretend that I didn't look at her side.

Finally, after feel like forever, we arrived at the cinema. I wonder what movie we will watch today.

 

''Uh, let me buy a tickets first.'' I said as I feel a bit uncomfortable with the two of them. Jaerim smile at me as she trying to shoo me away from this situation. Maybe she wants to spend her times with Zelo. I just shrug the thoughts about both of them and walk away to buy some tickets.

''Hyeri ah, let's go together.'' Zelo suddenly yells and jogs towards me, leave Jaerim alone at the crowded. 

 

I turn my back as I heard Zelo's voice and found out that he comes to me while I spot Jaerim between the crowded, glaring at me. Is Zelo leaves her alone?

 

''Where is Jaerim?'' I ask Zelo as soon as he reach at me. Zelo shrugs and let out a sigh.

''I just want to go out with you, not her. So stop asking me about her.'' Zelo sudden words make me shock. I wonder why he's behave like this. I just nod slowly and somehow I feel pity for Jaerim. She really likes Zelo but look like Zelo didn't notices her feelings toward him yet.

 

We stand in the line and Zelo protectively stands behind me. I don't know why but my heart keeps beating fast whenever Zelo's with me. I smile as I think about that but my smile suddenly fade when I realized Jaerim stand beside me.

 

''Leave me and Zelo together this time.'' She whispered slowly but loud enough to a person beside her to hear it. I quickly turn to Jaerim and she smile at me.

''Can you?'' She said with an angelic voice when Zelo looks at both of us. 

''Of course, I will buy something to drink and eat.'' I nod slowly. I try my best not to be scared by her threatened but I failed miserably. With that, I walk away, leave the two behind me. I feel a bit cramped when Jaerim gives me that scary looks.

 

After I've done with the drinks, I walk toward Zelo and the angry Jaerim. This will be a difficult times but what can I do? As I arrived at both of them, Zelo sweetly hands me a ticket and takes the drinks in my hand. I look at him and he gives me a smile.

 

''It's okay, I will hold this for you.'' I gulp slowly when I heard Zelo's words and steal a glance at Jaerim's direction. As I expected, Jaerim clench her fist hardly and look at my back. I think she will punch me everytime she wants.

''Let's go, the movie will start in five minutes.'' Zelo said, holding my hand. I awkwardly try to hide it from Jaerim and not to make it so obvious but unfortunately Jaerim already saw it. 

''What movie?'' I look at Zelo and he smile.

''Horror.'' He reply and leads me to the cinema while Jaerim follows closely behind us. I feel guilty because Jaerim walks alone at the back so I decide to turn around and ask her to walk beside Zelo but I cancel my intention when I saw Jaerim's dark face.

 

As we arrived at the seat, Jaerim quickly push me at the side after Zelo already choose his seat. Jaerim happily choose the center seat so that she can spend her time with Zelo on her right while I'm on her left. I didn't said anything instead I just sit on my place comfortably.

The movie finally start and the first thing I can heard is Jaerim's high pitch scream. She's really something, the ghost not even pop out yet but she already scream out loud while hug Zelo tightly. Jaerim didn't even turn to my side as she keeps snuggles in Zelo's embrace.

 

''Why I feel like I'm in a different world?'' I let out a sigh and continue to watch the movie.