Chapter 27

A Riddle Love

 

My face turns red when my eyes fixed on Jackson. Did he just confess to me? I must be wrong right? Why is he confess to me out of blue? I feel nervous all of sudden when I heard Jackson's words. I mean he just said something unexpected to me and yet I need to believe it. I can't stay silent or else he will hoping for something. 

 

''What do you mean by that? I mean the words someone that you love?'' I said, looking at him. Trying to figure out what's the meaning behind those sentences that escaped from his lips.

''Can't you tell? Love. Don't you know what's that words stand for?'' He said, but now he closed the gap between us. He's too closed to me as I can feel his hot breath against my face. I quickly turn away when suddenly my heart feel like it will burst in any minutes. Why did I feel this way?

''Uhh..I mean..No..The love..you mentioned about..is it in a romantic way or in friendship mode?'' I hate myself for stuttering too much in front of him. He will misunderstand if I behave like this. Pabo Hyeri!

 

For a minutes, I can't hear any sound comes from his mouth instead I only heard a small chuckles. What does that mean? Is he trying to provoke me? 

 

''Why are you laughing?'' I face him as I try to muster up my courage to look into his eyes. His brown eyes shot directly to mine as I keep scanning his face. He's so handsome with those smile plastered on his face.

Waitt..What am I talking about? I must be crazy, yeah, I must be crazy. I come to my sense as I shook my head hardly. What am I talking about. This is lonely battle with my feeling. I need to control it. I can't fall in love with Jackson when my heart already been stole by Zelo. Yeah, I must remember that. 

 

''You're so cute Oh Hyeri.'' Only with that words that comes out from Jackson's mouth, my heart become wild once again. 

''What..what are..you saying?'' I stutter again but this time I think it's the worst. I just ask him to repeat those adorable words again. He will thinks that I've fallen for him. Jackson smile while cross his arm into his chest. 

''You sure love to hear a praise right? I said you're cute and I loved it. And the love I mentioned earlier is in romantic way. I love you Oh Hyeri.'' He said. His face now become serious as I can tell how sincere he is. 

 

I gulp my saliva down and my palm break into cold sweat. I don't know what should I reply to his confession. I can't accept it. I have someone that I love and he's probably not happy if he knows this incident. What should I do? What should I say?

 

''I'm sorry Jackson..But, I didn't feel the way you feel for me.'' I nod, satisfied with my answer. I didn't hurt him with my words as I try to express my feeling as polite as I can. He will understand right? But what if he..

 

No.No, let's stay positive. No what if words in my dictionary. 

 

''It's okay, if you didn't feel that way..'' He said. Did my words hurt him? I can't see straight into his eyes as I feel really guilty right now. I stare down at my shoes and close my eyes. Why did I need to involve in this triangle love. I wish I can disappear in this moment for a while. I don't want hurt him nor Zelo. Jackson didn't voice up as he just stay silent, looking up and down. What is he thinking about? Did he hates me for rejecting him? It's a sin to reject someone? Oh God, what should I do? Suddenly, after a while, Jackson clears his throat making my eyes shot on him.

 

''It's okay if you didn't feel that way because..I will make your heart fell for me. Don't worry, I'm a good at waiting. You can count on me.'' He smile. 

 

I almost facepalm myself when I heard Jackson's statement. I thought I need to be worry about him. He didn't feel sad at all when he knows that I'd rejected him but somehow he shows me his real feeling. His fighting spirit. 

Wait, back to the reality. Did he just said that he will wait for me? Oh my God. I really didn't expect that. Waiting..

 

''Come on, let's go to the cafe over that and have some drink, I feel thirsty all of sudden.'' Jackson voice up as he stands from his seat. He leads the way to the cafe but my body just froze at the bench. I can't walk or move my body. I can't think of anything. Jackson just tells me his true feeling and what now? This situation..I don't know how to handle it. But he just puts his poker face around me. 

 

Founding no one following him, Jackson stop taking another step and turns around, staring directly at my direction. He walks towards me with his gentleman gesture, making my heartbeat beat in a rapid way. I swear if he come any closer, he will heard how loud my heart beat. I try to peek at his face as soon as he stands in front of me. He realizes the way I look at him and grab my wrist.

 

''Come on girl, the weather will melt you away if you just stand here.'' Jackson said while drags me into the cafe. The cafe where I found out that Zelo is the one who send those letters to me.

 

The sound of the bell ringing can be heard as soon as we reach the entrance way. I just follow Jackson's step lifelessly without said any words. We take a sit at the empty seat and Jackson quickly orders drinks for the two of us. I feel a bit awkward to be alone with Jackson but not him. The way Jackson handles his feeling, amazed me. He smiles whenever our eyes met but none of us start the conversation. 

 

''Here your drinks.'' The waiter presence relief me a bit. The tense air now become a bit better. The waiter put our drink on the table as he bows politely, probably tell us to enjoy our drinks. The tantalizing aroma of fresh coffee serene me. Jackson's eyes never left my sight. I quickly take a sip of the cream latte to avoid his gaze. Please don't make this situation become more awkward.

 

Putting the cup of latte on the table back, I heard Jackson's laughing voice but in a sweet way. I stare at him with my innocent look, try to figure out why he's laughing all of sudden.

 

''Your lips, covered by the cream of latte.'' He smiles and move his body towards me. He's so close to me making my mind forget how to breathe. His hand reached my face and his thumbs find its place to my lips. Our position seems like we're about to kiss each other and that's make me feel so nervous. He sweep his thumbs against my lips gently and flashed a smile at me. I almost melt on my seat but then those sweet scene turn into tragic when I saw a familiar figure.

 

''So..You're here with this bastard. No wonder the two of you didn't show up at the school today. Good job Oh Hyeri.'' Zelo's spit out.