Chapter 22

A Riddle Love

 

The school finally come to the end when the last bell ring loudly along the hall. All the students become excited like usual as they quickly keep their belongings in their bag. Dashing toward the exit door, the class now become more peace and quiet. There's no more sound of chatting in the class, no sound of laughing, no other students beside the new guy and myself. I took a glance at the new guy beside me since he didn't move an inch when the class already end. He just sit lazily on his seat and gazing outside the window. 

I wonder what's make him so focus outside the window. Did he daydreaming about something? 

 

''Looks like we'll getting wet right?'' He said as he turns to my side, looking at me with a smile plaster on his face. I startled when he broke the silent out of the blue. Wet? Did he just said wet just now?

''Wet?'' I said eyeing him, bewildered by his statement. He just let out a small chuckles when he saw my puzzle face and slowly he come closer to me, making my heart start to beat as fast as it can. My eyes become bigger as I keep backward, afraid that he might hear the sound of my heart beating. 

 

I wonder why my heart react like this whenever this new guy make an eye contact with me or do something unexpected like how he did right now. This feeling only show up when Zelo was around me. 

He stops his movement and point outside the window behind me. I almost close my eyes due to his sudden action. He smirks when he realizes my expression. 

 

''Have a naughty imagination, huh?'' He said out of the blue making my cheek redden by his words.

''N-Noo!!'' I scream as I push his body away from me. What is wrong with him really? I quickly hide my face, scared that he will tease me again when he saw a blush on my cheek.

''Look, the sky turns dark now, so let's go before it start to cry.'' He said. I lift my head up and saw his smiling face. Hearing his unpredicted words, I feel comfortable to be around him all day. His charm almost make my heart fall for him.

 

As we finish keep our things, I heard someone panting at the front door. Looking at the owner of the panting sound, I get up from my seat automatically and run to him. 

 

''Zelo ah, what are you doing here? I thought you're already-

''Home?'' He simply said, standing straight in front of me. His face shows that he dislike the scene in front of him where only the new guy and me at the class. He glares at the new guy and grip his fist angrily. 

''I'd never let you go home alone right? So, let's go home, I'll send you like usual.'' He grabs my wrist and about to leave the class but stop when he heard another footstep following us at the back. I bump on his back making him quickly turn to me. He adjust his height until he can saw my eyes. I can see that his eyes full of worries.

 

''Are you okay? Did you hurt?'' Since my height is only at the level of his chest, he can easily search for my eyes whenever I let my eyes stick on the floor. I smile as our eyes meet and shook my head, telling him that I'm okay.

 

I then gaze at the new guy who's looking at us and I feel bad for leaving the new guy alone .The guilty feeling wash over me.

 

''Let me make this clear, don't follow us.'' He grit his teeth as his cold eyes never left the new guy's figure. I squeeze Zelo's hand softly. I don't want make him and this new guy become an enemy just because of me.

''Sorry, the only way to exit this school only that way. So, don't ever think that I'm following you.'' He said while get up from his seat and grabs his bag on the table.

 

Zelo tighten his grips on my wrist and leads me to the school hall, following by the new guy at the back. The light rain pour on the roof make my heart feel uneasy. The tap sound suddenly become so hard and follow by the lightning sound. I automatically hug Zelo's arm whenever I heard a thunder. Zelo seems to worry about me when he suddenly put his arm around me and said ''It's okay, I'm here..So don't be afraid of the lightning.''

The heavy rain pour non-stop along with the thunder. The school become a dead silent, only a raining sound can be heard. Now, only me, Zelo and the new guy still left at the school. 

 

The new guy then walk casually to his locker, leaving me and Zelo at the school hall. I look at Zelo and he smiles at me, telling me that everything will be okay. I stare at the sky and it seems that the rain will not stop in this short moment. 

 

''I wanna go home.'' I murmur quietly as I lean my head on Zelo's chest. Zelo surprised by my action as I can hear how hard is his heart beating when I lean on him. I steal a glance to study his face and I found it's cute when his face become red as he didn't move at all. 

 

The sound of a footstep coming toward us make my eyes focus at the front. There's the new guy with a white umbrella. 

 

Waitt, where did he gets the umbrella?

 

''I will go first.'' He simply said. Zelo didn't even turns to him as his gaze at the other side. If the new guy leave right now, it will be me and Zelo in this empty yet scary place. All of the students and teachers already at their home. I feel goosebumps that ran up and down my arms all of sudden. 

''Wait.'' I shout when I saw he's almost leaving the two of us. 

 

The new guy turns to me and wait for my words. Zelo too. I know that they will be curious about what I'm going to say next. 

 

''Can we share the umbrella together? The three of us.'' I ask as polite as I am while show my pity face toward him. I don't want to be trap in this school in this situation. I mean with this weather. The lightning sure scared the hell out of me. 

''What?'' Zelo said, disbelief with my words. I know this would be his reaction but what can I do? There's only one umbrella and the thing is we need to share. Sure it will be hard but I wonder if we are sharing this umbrella together, it will let the relationship between Zelo and the new guy become better. 

 

-

 

''I don't know what is wrong with me to share an umbrella with this new guy.'' Zelo mumbles along the way to the home. I smile and hug Zelo's arm in my left while the right hand, I hold the new guy's hand. We close the gap between the three of us because there's only one umbrella and three person under it. 

''Can you move a little, I will get wet if you keep walking in this way.'' The new guy said, pointing at Zelo. Zelo didn't said anything as he just move a little, didn't want to pick up a fight. He let out a sigh and turns his head to me.

''Are you okay with this thing? I mean if you're not comfortable, just tell me. We can exchange our place and that guy will not hold your hand anymore.'' Zelo said, his eyes never left my hand that hold the new guy's hand tightly. 

''It's okay, by walking like this, none of us will get hit by the rain right?'' I smile. He just nods, trying to understand the situation right now and put aside the jealousy inside of him. 

 

The rain keep falling onto us as our clothes almost feel like being soaked in the water. We run to the nearby shop, hoping that we can stay there until the rain become drizzle but to the disappointed the shop already close. Standing at the front shop that have a small roof is our last decision. 

 

''Your clothes..'' The new guy said, his face suddenly become hot and his ear turns red. Zelo turns to me too and have a same reaction as the new guy. I wonder why they behave like that so I decide to look at my clothes and..

''DON'T LOOK AT ME!!'' 

 

 

I cover my see-through-clothes with my bag and turn away from both of them. Oh my God, this is so embarrassing.