Chapter 19

A Riddle Love

 

The morning birds greet my ear as I can hear they chirping outside. The scene at Zelo's house yesterday still fresh on my mind and Jaerim's voice keep ringing in my head. As I keep thinking about those sad scene, I feel like escaped, escape from this problems. I don't want to fight with Jaerim only to win Zelo's heart. We used to be a good friends a long time ago but now..

 

''Aishh, what should I do?'' I roll my body on the bed while mess with my blanket. 

 

I'm not going to hurt Jaerim but I don't want to hurt Zelo too. It will be better if I'm not receiving any letter from Zelo at the first place. I can just give it to Jaerim if I know that she's really love Zelo to death. So, this silly things will not happened to me.

 

''I don't feel like going to school today but if I keep avoiding every problems I had, it would be bad.'' I said as I get up from my bed and stomp my feet angrily.

''Why me? Why am I stuck in this unsolved problem.'' I feel like screaming right now.

 

-

 

''Just pretend that everything will be okay.'' I close my eyes to inhale and begin to walk in the white building in front of me. 

 

The buildings look so near to me already yet it's feel like a miles away. I hope I don't bumped into Jaerim because I'm not ready to face her after the small reminder she told me yesterday. How coward of me.

 

''Come on Hyeri, just do like usual.'' I persuade myself after I saw Jaerim's shadow in the class, sitting peacefully in her seat while the corner of her lips crack upward as she already saw my small presence.

 

As my right leg try to take a step forward suddenly I feel like being pulled. I turn to my side and found nothing. What is this? It's feel like some spirit try to save me from enter to my class. 

I close my eyes again and calm myself a bit. Looks like I'm going to enter a war in my own class. When I open my eyes back, I saw a tall figure in front of me. 

 

''Zelo?'' The only words that I manage to said right now after I recognize the guy that pulled me earlier.

''Hi, still daydreaming even at this time?'' He said, laughing. I smile and my heart almost fall for his charm.

 

No, no. Wake up Hyeri ah.

 

''Ahh..Zelo..I'll go first or not I'll be late.'' I said as rush to the classroom. This is so awkward. If I keep this behavior stick with me, it will be super awkward around Zelo and Jaerim. Talking about Jaerim, I hope she didn't see Zelo with me just now. 

 

Since Zelo and me in different class, I didn't feel too much burden. I'm going to make Zelo's heart turns to Jaerim even it's hard and..hurt.

 

''Well, someone that stole my boyfriend already coming huh?'' Jaerim's voice ringing, making all the students in the class fixed their gaze on me. I feel burden all of sudden when I realize that all eyes are on me and I heard a low voice talking about me.

''I'm not sure if I can said this but be careful with a girl name OH HYERI. She might stole your boyfriend after she stole mine.'' Jaerim said again but this time she walks to my table and emphasize my name loudly. 

 

All of the students start to 'boo' me and glare at me. Jaerim smiles as her plans worked and she pats my head slowly, try to provoke me somehow. My heart start to beat rapidly in an insecure way. I feel nervous, nervous that what she might does next. The Jaerim that I know become someone that I'm unfamiliar with. 

 

''As I said, you can't have what's mine. You are the one that caused me to do this. It's not my fault because I already gave you a warning right?'' She smirks, sending a shiver through my body. 

 

I just keep silent because the words that I want to say the most, suddenly fade in my throat. Jealousy sure scared the hell out of me. Jaerim leave my place after she had said what she wants. This is bad. 

 

''Great, my friend now assume me as her enemy.'' I sigh while put my head on my table.

 

-

 

The atmosphere in the class become silent as the homeroom teacher make his appearance in front of the door. My eyes wandering around the class and it stops perfectly on Jaerim's figure. After what had happened this day, she decided to move her place at the back, not beside me again. Leaving me sit alone at 'our' place. The empty spot beside me make me look so lonely yet pathetic.

 

''Please behave yourself, don't get too excited because I will be here in a minute after the meeting with the principal ends.'' Firmly the homeroom teacher state while eyeing all of us. 

 

Half of the students already clap their hands, trying to show how they feel after hearing the magical words. But it's different from the top students, they will whine about how their precious time to study will be wasted. 

 

''Yah, Hyeri.'' I heard my name being called at the back and I'm pretty sure something will happen if I turn around.

 

I closed my eyes, praying that nothing bad will happen. Scared of what might happen next, I take a wrong movement. I warily stand up from my seat and my eyes only focus on the door. Escape from here. 

 

''Yah, are you deaf or what?''  Jaerim's voice become closer. I didn't dare to take a step or turn to her. Froze, my hand break into a cold sweat. 

''Try to pretend that you're deaf, huh?'' Jaerim said, sounded unpleasant making everyone in the class looking at us. She then pull my shoulder letting me stumble in front of her. I try to stand properly and act strong. This is the only way I can survive from her.

''Don't try to act innocent, your life already full of sins.'' She spits out those words that make my mouth hang open. I didn't expect to hear those words. The other students start to whisper something to each other while glare at me. 

 

I just stay silent. The words that I wanna say so bad to protect myself stuck in my throat. I feel like crying but I don't want to show my weakness side to her. It will be worse.

 

''See, you can't said anything right? Because you know that's all wasn't wrong.'' She smirks.

''No.'' I've courage up myself but only that words I manage to said. The whole class start to laugh by my only answer to Jaerim. I steal a glance at Jaerim and I know she didn't expect this reaction from others. 

''Try to make me look bad, don't you?'' She said through her grit teeth. I shook my head rapidly. I guess I shouldn't do that when I saw Jaerim lift her hands up, trying to hit me but..

 

I don't get that hit thanks to someone who bravely stop her by grabbing her hand.

 

''Stop it already.'' A voice suddenly echo through the silent class making everybody focus on him only. The girls on my class start to squeal as they saw how that guy calmly broke the fight. Jaerim was dumbfounded by the guy's action and she quickly pull away her hand from that guy. 

 

Everybody's eyes on that guy as he takes an empty seats beside me and put his bags on the table. He then walks to my direction and stops directly in front of me, making everyone surprised by his action. They start to bad talk about me for having two guys at the same time. First they think I'd stole Zelo from Jaerim and second, I have something called love with this guy.

 

''Here.'' He grabs something from his bag and handed it to me. I just received whatever he gives to me as I still at a loss. Looking at what I have grabbed, I become clueless. A pink earphone? For what? I lift my head to ask that guy about this sudden gift but he already on his seats, putting his head on the table and cover his face with his arm.

As I gaze at the earphone to search for the answer why he gave to me, suddenly I heard Jaerim badmouthing me to the other students. 

 

''I guess I need this earphone.'' I said slowly.