Chapter 23

A Riddle Love

 

''Here. Wear this for a while.'' Zelo his school uniform as fast as he can and throw it at me, revealing his white t-shirt. At this time, I really fall in love with him. Even in this cold weather, he still gives me his uniform to cover the part of my body that can be seen through my wet clothes. 

''Thank you Zelo ah, but..you will catch a cold-

 

Zelo suddenly stops me to talk any further by placing his forefinger on my lips. He just shook his head and flash a smile at me. I feel guilty to take his uniform away but I think I need it the most. Mianhae Zelo.

We just stand there statically without moving. The rain sound can be hear all along the small roof at the shop. The sound of lighting sometimes shocked us and Zelo will squeeze my hand gently, trying to persuade me that it will be okay as long as he's with me. The new guy just leaned his back on the entrance door and watch our movement quietly.

 

''Yah, can you guys try to think about how to escape from this place. It's so crammed here to the point I can't breath.'' The new guy break the silent as he glares straightly to Zelo's direction. 

''How can we escape from this place when the rain just won't stop. If you want to go, then just go. Hyeri and I will wait until there's no single raindrop fall from the sky.'' Zelo said, his cold eyes never left the new guy's figure. It's feel like they're having a stare contest right now because none of them trying to give in. 

 

I look at Zelo's face then change to the new guy's face. Their face show that they're tensed up right now. I don't know what should I do at this moment. How can I make the two of them become friend? 

 

The silent once again take over us. Should I change this atmosphere to a bright one? I keep thinking about what should I do to make thing turn better. After all, this is all my fault. I'm the one who create this bad situation and now I will take a responsible to let thing go smooth between them. I hope by doing this they can be good to each other.

Gazing at Zelo's tension face, I let his hand go and run away from the shelter. Zelo quickly turns to me and his eyes grew bigger due to my unexpected action. The new guy smile at me and joins me as well. He runs away from the only shelter we got and come closer to me. 

 

''Zelo ah, come join us.'' I gesture to him to come as well but he didn't move an inch from his place.

 

Come on Zelo ah, this is the only way I can do for you guys to be a good friends. I flash a smile at Zelo and wave him to join us but Zelo just standing there, froze.

 

''You want him to come badly?'' The voice behind me startled me up as I quickly turn around, facing the new guy. 

''Huh?'' I said as I'm not sure with the question he just throw at me. 

''Zelo. You really want him to come here badly?'' He said as the rain start to pour heavily, making both of us wet in our uniform. I just nod as the answer to his question and his lips creep a smile slowly, it's not a sincere smile. It's seems that it is a force one. I wonder why he suddenly ask me those question.

 

I about to turn at Zelo's direction when suddenly the new guy start to hugs me tightly in his embrace. His face facing me and our eyes met for the first time. I'm not sure with this new feeling as my heart start to beat in a fast mode. He leans his face closer to mine, making my eyes closed due to nervousness. I gulp down my saliva once and grasped my fist rigidly. 

 

''Your wish come true.'' He said as I quickly open my eyes, stare at him. I turn around and found that Zelo is standing right behind me while clench his fist in anger.

''What are you guys doing?'' He said through his grit teeth and his cold eyes goes straightly to the new guy's figure.

''Nothing much, just..you know.'' The new guy smirks as he walks away, leaving Zelo and me dumbfounded.

 

Zelo turns to me and let out a sigh. He pick up his uniform that he gave me early and put it on my back. 

 

''Here, don't catch a cold.'' He said as I start to regret my stupid action just now when my body start to feel strange and I got a running nose as well.

''Let's just go home since we're already become like this and seems like you'll catch cold if we still standing here any longer.'' Zelo said, eyeing our wet clothes. I know Zelo's not in a mood since his voice tell everything. He grabs my bag and leads me to the way home. I just stay silent and follow Zelo's pace without said anything. The new guy also have disappear from my sight. Maybe he's already go to his home.

 

The walk become silent as the sound of rain become more heavily. The walk then become a run. Zelo pulls my hand and jog slowly to make sure that I can catch up with his pace. He need to carried two bags on his back, making me feel guilty and selfish at the same time. I try to get back my bag from Zelo's grips but he won't gave it to me, telling that he will carried my bag too.

 

''Here, we've arrived at your house. Go inside and make sure to take a shower with a warm water. Don't forget to rest as well, okay?'' Zelo said as soon as we've reach my house. I look at him, amazed by his words that I cannot catch up since he's talk very fast and my mind can't get what's he's talking about. He pats my head once and give my bags gently. As he about to go, I grab his wrist.

''Wait, Zelo ah..'' I said. He's stop at his spot.

''About today incident, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you with-

''It's okay.'' Zelo stops me before I can talk any further. He smiles and take a step closer to me. That time I feel happy. So happy to the point I wanna hug him. I don't know what is wrong with me but I just want to do so. 

''I don't want to hear any apologize. It's not your fault anyway, right? So, just forget about it.'' He said. His body trembles a bit as the strong wind came along with the rain. I look at him, his white t-shirt now become drenched and his hair looks so cute as he just finish take his shower.

''Zelo ah, why don't you just stay at my home till the rain stop? Your clothes..You can borrow my shirt if you want.'' I said, pulling his hand straight to my house without waiting for his response. He startled by my action but he just follow me to my house.

 

I open my room door and let both of us enter my room. Zelo's face become red as he keep avoiding my eyes. A faint blush appear on his cheeks. Being the stupid me, I think his body start to feel strange from the rain early so I quickly run to my wardrobe and take out a white towel that I never used yet and grab my L-size shirt. Hope it will fit Zelo's body.

I look at Zelo and he still behave like that, with a blush on his cheek. I wonder what's wrong with him so I take his hand on mine and guide him to my bed.

 

''Sit there.'' I command him to sit on my bed and he did without looking at me. Is he angry at me?

''Zelo ah, are you okay? Why are you become red all of sudden?'' I said, thinking that his condition become worst. Are you sick Zelo ah? He didn't said anything instead he just froze there without moving. I become worried as I can feel his cheek become hot and I think I need to do something.

 

I clutch his wet shirt tightly and about to open it but Zelo comes to sense and grab my wrist with shock. 

 

''Wait. What are you doing?'' Zelo asks me with a surprised tone. Why he's look so shocked? 

''I just wanna help you, that's all. You look sick and your face become red.'' I explain innocently to him. He facepalms himself and clear his throat. He holds my hand and take a deep breath. 

''You know..I don't feel that way..'' He said after a long stop.

''What do you mean?'' I sit beside him and my gaze go directly to him. He just stay quiet and brush the back of his neck. His hand become cold and his body shake a bit. 

''You know, when a girl and a guy stay in the room together without any parental guidance, something bad..I mean something unexpected will happened. And I don't want those thing happen.'' Zelo said, eyeing me. I scoff after hearing his words.

''I believe in you. I know you won't do that thing to me, right?'' I said, smiling at him. He didn't let any words slips out from his mouth and he stands up from my bed. I look at him in confused.

 

But I'm also a guy, Hyeri ah..