Chapter 6

A Riddle Love

 

I let my lips curled upward as I saw Jaerim walks towards my direction with a blank face. She sits on her seat as soon as she arrived at her place. She turns to me and stare at me like I've done something wrong. I feel a bit uncomfortable with her sharp stare so I awkwardly clear my throat before start to talk to her.

 

''Why are you staring at me like that?'' I said, nervously. She didn't said anything instead she just let out a heavy sigh and close her eyes for a while.

''Where are you throughout a lunch time?'' She open her eyes slowly and she finally open after silent for a minutes.

''Hmm?'' I'm not sure whether the question is important enough for her to know the answer. I bet she already know the answer that I'm not going anywhere during lunch time instead I just stay in the class, alone.

''You are not in the class, right?'' She said but I can tell that her voice is totally desperate, asking me to said no.

''Of course I'm in the cl-

''Because Zelo rejects my invitation to have a lunch together because he said he has something to do. As he walks away from me, the urge to know where he was heading hit me. I don't know why, but I follow him slowly. And to my disappointed, he went to our class direction. By any chance, are you met with him during lunch hours at our class?'' She said. 

 

Zelo comes to our class? But why can't I see him? I'm the only person who's in this class and I believe that no one enter our class during the lunch time.

 

''Ahh, h..how can I meet with him? I'm at the rooftop school throughout the lunch time.'' I lied. After hearing my answer, she let out a relieved sigh and smile at me. 

''Really? I know you're not in the class during the lunch time because I believe in you.'' She reply while holds my hands in hers. Believe? What is she talking about?

 

I just nod at her and our conversation end by the teacher make his appearance in front of the class. I feel somehow relieved because the teacher finally comes.

Did Jaerim really love Zelo that much? 

I take out the book in my bag and the letter earlier fell on the floor beside my table. Jaerim realized the letter on the floor and she quickly looks at me with confused eyes.

 

''Did Zelo comes to give this to me?'' She said, picking up the letter from the floor. I just froze with her action and quickly steal the letter away from her. She lift her head up to me and I can see a frown of disapproval drawn on her face.

''This letter..I found it beside my bag. So, I think this letter is mine.'' I said while hide the letter behind my back. I'm not sure whether I need to be aggressive over this letter or just let Jaerim have this letter.

''Really? But I think this is for me.'' She grabs the letter behind me and unfold it. Read the letter slowly, she smile and hug the letter tightly. 

''This is a confession.'' She hollers happily.

 

Confession? How can she knows when the letter didn't even mention about love. Is she a genius or something or am I the one who bad at this guessing letter?

 

''Confession?'' I said, curious about the meaning behind those difficult words. Jaerim didn't said anything instead she just nods her head in excitement. 

''Look the letter said what is worth a billion dollars but comes to you for free, right?'' She read the letters while turns to me. I just nod my head in confusion and try my best to solve this question but failed. Is it about money right?

''Of course it's love, you dumb!'' She squeal happily. I didn't show any expression because I still didn't understand with the words and the answer that Jaerim just told me. How can it be love when the letter clearly state a billion dollars?

Jaerim just smiling and keep the letter in her purse. 

 

''Yah, this letter is mine.'' I said as I eye the letter that now in her purse. She turns to me with an are-you-kidding-me face and sighs.

''Are you sure this letter is for you? You are bad at guessing this sweet words, how can this letter is yours? It's clearly for me.'' She proudly said. Somehow, I think what she's saying is right. She's smart than me. Maybe this letter actually for her and not me.

I just let her take the letter because she's way better than me to guess the hard words in the letter. 

 

''I thought that letter tell me about a money.'' I sigh and continue to study again.

 

 

Zelo P.O.V

I feel so sorry because I refused Jaerim's invitation to lunch together. She really wants to have a lunch with me but it's still awkward between me and her. So, I kindly reject her invitation. Actually, I need to send this letter to her first, so I told Jaerim that I have a work to do before the lunch time end.

I want to let her finds me with those letters that I sent to her. Jaerim's face suddenly become dark and her eyes looks sad after hearing my answer.

I walk away from her after saying 'sorry' for the last time and make my way to her class. Before entering the class, I make sure that nobody in the way to her class. It will be hard if someone spots me at this class, I don't have a friends in this class so I need to be more cautious.

As I enter the class, I froze in my spot when I realized a girl in her seat, sleeping. I about to walk away but I realized that that girl is Hyeri. I slowly march to her way and stand in front of her. 

 

''Is she sleeping?'' I mumble as I saw the sleeping Hyeri. A smile suddenly crept on my face when I saw her sleeping face. Cute.

 

I wake up from my daydream about her as I heard something outside the class. I need to place this letter as fast as I can before someone comes to this class. Looking around her, finally I decide to put this letter beside her bag. If she awakes from her sleep, she probably can see this letter and takes it.

I carefully put the letter beside her bag and stop in front of her after done with the letter. 

 

''I hope you can get the answer of this confession.'' I smile.