Chapter 15

A Riddle Love

 

''Hyeri ah, you've come.'' Zelo's voice ringing in the tense hall. Jaerim and I quickly turn around and face the confused-looking guy in front of us. 

''No, she just-'' Jaerim nervously try to explain but her words being cut by Zelo, making her lips shut tight and her eyes grow bigger due to Zelo's sudden words.

''You can join us at the rooftop since we didn't start anything yet, right Jaerim ah?'' He said again but this time his eyes fix on me only not on Jaerim. The looks on his eyes shows that he only wants to hear and accept 'yes' from Jaerim's mouth to accept my presence too.

''Join us?'' Jaerim asks, bewildered with Zelo's suggestion. She really hates the fact that Hyeri needs to in their date. The date where Jaerim put a lot of effort to be only with Zelo, just the two of them.

 

Zelo didn't said anything instead he just reply her short yet unsatisfied question with nodding. Jaerim looks surprised by Zelo's gesture as she glare at me secretly, the glare that contains plentiful of meaning. As I make an eye contact with Jaerim, I feel bad all of sudden. 

After all, she's my friend. 

 

''No, it's okay. I'm not going to join you guys since I really need to go home now.'' The brain of mine can't think a better ideas than this. Of course everybody knows it's a lies. If I need to go home by this time why I need to come at the first place. I feel that I'm so pathetic to disturb their date together.

 

The atmosphere suddenly becomes tense but breathable. The sound of cold breeze blew past us as it's feel like every little sound on the rooftop can't be heard. I step backwards until my legs touch the top of the stairs. I feel useless to the point I want to jump off from the stairs and run away from this scene. I can't believe I'd destroy the night where the highlight is exactly for Jaerim and Zelo. 

As the stairs precisely under my foot, I turn my body around and step by step I let my feet find their way to the downstairs. The more I feel like I already going far from them, the small pace I made. It's a sin to be in love with him when I know the fact that my friend also fell for him. 

 

''Wait!'' 

 

Hearing his voice make my heart beat strangely. The only thing that my brain can think right now is escaped, that means I need to run away from this difficult situation. As I'm about to run away, my wrist have been caught by him. His breath was coming in gasps. He spun me around, making our body face each other. We just stay motionless for a few minutes without move a bit. The clock is ticking and I know I need to do something. I can't let Jaerim see us in this situation.

The air become hard as I pull my hand away from Zelo's grip making his weary eyes shot exactly on me. But that didn't startled him as he comes near me with his confuse face. I keep walking backwards until my back hit the wall and this drive me deranged because at the same time Zelo shorten his distance from me. 

 

''Go away, Zelo. I already mention about how I hate you before.'' I said in a low voice, didn't dare to raise my tone as his dark eyes scan me.

''Hate? Are you sure about that?'' Zelo's question make my lips froze a second. I'm not sure about my feeling for him but I'm sure how Jaerim's feeling is. 

''Yes so please go away and leave me alone.'' I said while glare at him. That's the only way to show that I'm annoyed with this dramatic love.

 

Zelo flashed his unexplainable smile before he close the gap between us. It's a scary what a smile can hide. He slowly traps me around him as he pin his hand on the wall. My eyes grew bigger at his sudden action and the sound of my heart beating getting louder. 

 

''Yah, what's wrong with you?'' I push him as hard as I can but that only waste my energy because he didn't move even a little. I wonder whether he's strong or I'm the one who's weak in this situation. 

''Can you understand my feeling a bit or if you don't want to, just pretend that you care about how I feel, can you?'' He voice out. Hearing from how calm his voice sounded, I feel a little confuse. I don't want to hurt two feeling at the same time. First is Jaerim and now Zelo.

 

The words that I've arrange in my mind stuck in my throat. I just let my mouth shut tight after hearing Zelo's statement. There's no answer for his question. I feel bad for that honestly. I can't show my weak side to Zelo, I don't want to make he feels that he needs to protect me. So, I must keep acting cold toward him even I don't want to.

 

''Go away. Jaerim must be wait for you now.'' I said in a monotone voice, looking very cold in front of him.

''No.'' He simply said. This guy make this situation becomes hard.

''I said go away.'' I push him and hit him on his shoulder continuously to make him move away from me.

''Just hit me instead and don't tell me to go away. It's hurt to hear that.'' He said in a low voice. 

 

My hand suddenly drops beside me as Zelo's finish his words. The sky become dark as the black cloud moving rapidly to cover the moon. The strong wind start to blow harder and I can hear a thunder in some place near us. 

 

''It will rain sooner or later so you better move away from me.'' I said as I scan the sky above us. Zelo didn't said anything nor move from his place instead he tilted his head so that our eyes meet. He come closer to me until I can feel his hot breath against my neck. My cheek become red a minutes his breath touch my neck.

''I..I said go away!'' I shout at him, try to vanish the strange feeling that play in my heart.

''No, until-

''Until when?'' I said, cut his words off as the rain drop start to fall one by one.

''Until you reveal your true feeling toward me.'' He said, hoping that he will heard a sincere answer from me.

''Why would I? You said you're already be with Jaerim right? So, why bother to know my feeling toward you?'' I shot his a bunch of questions because if I tell him the answer, I will be the worst friend ever for Jaerim.

''I only acted to like her because it's your wish but inside it's killing me.'' He confess as he stare into my eyes.

 

As soon as Zelo finish his words, the rain finally fall from the sky and it getting heavy. Both of us become wet from the heavy rain yet I still can't reply to Zelo's confession. It's hard to put a nice words after hearing his words. 

The light of the thunder suddenly can be seen behind Zelo's back and the loud sound greet our ear, making my legs wobble in fear. Without realizing, I'm in Zelo's embrace. 

 

Me too. I'm hurt too.

 

Because I keep thinking about their feeling, I fogot mine. This is double killing for me and I still don't know whether my decision is right or not. Even my brain try to comfort me that everything's going to be okay but why did my heart betrayed me. I'm sorry, Zelo. At the end, between three of us, shouldn't one of us be happy?