Chapter 13

A Riddle Love

 

 

''Yes? What do you mean by yes?'' Zelo turns, following my gaze. Somehow his eyes show that he's not ready yet to hear my answer.

''Can't you tell what I mean by yes? I hate you. I hate you Choi Junhong.'' I lied. This is bad. I can't look into his eyes. My eyes keep wandering around the classroom as I spit that words out from my mouth. I'm sorry Zelo, I have to lied to you..No..I must lied to you. It's better right?

 

Zelo seems to realizes my lies as he grab my face to make me focus on him.

 

''Are you sure about that? Can you say those words while look straight into my eyes so that I will believe in your lies.'' He said, making my mouth shut tight. His unexpected words make me feel like a fool. I don't know what to reply to him in this condition. Why did he make this things become hard when everything is just too ridiculous.

 

But silence is an answer too.

 

 Zelo didn't said anything after he doesn't get my reply but he only looks at me with his unreadable face. I don't know how to face him in this situation so the only thing that I think right now is escape. Escape from everything. Hide until everyone around me become better and after everything become well again, I will show myself again. But is that a good idea?

I look at Zelo, he never take his eyes away from me. Seems like he in a daze so I take this chance to run away from him. I don't want to hear any serious questions from him again. It's hurt, somehow.

 

''Okay.'' Zelo finally voice out after being silent for a few minutes. My leg become froze as I heard a simple words comes out from Zelo's mouth. The heart in my body cringe at the moment he let out that words. I don't turn to face him instead I just stop my movement from take any step further. 

Okay? What did he means by that? Did he already make his decision about what I've said earlier?

Zelo let out a weary sigh as he take a step closer to me. I can hear his footstep comes near me and his breathing sound behind me. He adjust his height exactly beside my ear as I can feel his hot breath touch my skin. Automatically, I close my eyes and my palm suddenly break into a cold sweat. This moment..I always see in the drama and now, it's happen to me.

 

''It's that what you want right?'' Zelo said, his voice sent a shiver down to my spine.

 

Silent.

 

He shut his eyes for a second and I know he must be frustrated with my sudden behavior. Even I feel a bit guilty to him, I still can't reveal the truth. He has a special place in my heart and I don't know when it's happen. Although I don't really know him well, he already success to enter my heart with ease.

 

''I'm going to confess to Jaerim if that make you happy.'' He voiced out calmly but it sound serious in my ears. 

 

With only that phrase he let out, my heart crash. He then dash out from the class and leave me behind, alone. I still shock with his sudden action and my body feels numb. It's hurt to hear that disaster words but what can I do right? I can't feel that way. This is my decision after all. I want to build back my friend ship with Jaerim so I need to give in in this situation. Let Jaerim be the winner and I'm a loser.

The dismiss bell finally ring as I heard a sound of student screaming and laughing. I came to realize that I waste my time until the school end standing in this class, doing nothing but daydreaming.

 

''What's wrong with me?'' I talk to myself and walk away from the class. I close my eyes for a while and reassure myself that I'm not going to jealous when Zelo with Jaerim. I open back my eyes and smile to myself. Let this day be the new one for me even it's hurt a little.

 

I stroll to my class with a positive mind but somehow my heart feel uneasy with my decision just now. I need to adapt with this situation quickly or I might end up feel awkward in front of Zelo. 

As I reach at my class, I heard a familiar voice that make my body stop to move. 

 

''Zelo and Jaerim?'' I whisper to myself, my eyes become bigger as my heart race rapidly, didn't believe the sight in front of me. Jaerim..hugs Zelo.

 

Before I make any sound, I quickly hide behind the door to make sure that they didn't sense my presence. I close my eyes for a while to make my heart become stable back and breathe properly. This is a fact. I'm the one who ask him to be with Jaerim so I'm not worth to act like this. This is his choice and he already agreed to did it. 

Nodding to myself as I try to accept the reality, the reality where everyone will be happy or not. I quickly open my eyes and to my surprised, Zelo is standing in front of me with his sad eyes. I step backwards a little as Zelo's presence shock me. I rub my arm awkwardly and keep avoiding Zelo's eyes. I can't bare to look at him after I'd rejected him early. How shameless of me.

 

''I just want to take my bag..that's..all.'' I said, quickly walk away from him but he stops me by grabbing my wrist. This moment..I can't let Jaerim see this. She might end up hate me for the rest of her life. But, it feels wrong to push Zelo away. Zelo trace my eyes and come near me. Wait, this is wrong. He's too close with me. So close that I can feel his hot breath around me. 

 

I feel a strange feeling wash over me and I keep hold my breath every time Zelo take a step closer to me. We just standing there like a statue without moving.

 

''Could you whisper to me when can I stop this foolish deed?'' He said, sounding hurt.

 

I also don't know when you can stop it.

 

''Could you take me to your heart for a second so that I will believe that someday you'll be mine..Again?'' He close his eyes. I don't have any idea what's he's talking about but I find those words sound pain.

 

''I miss you like dying.''