Chapter 4

A Riddle Love

 

''Are you want to closed this cafe already?'' I said as I notice Zelo walks out from the private room with a bag on his shoulder. He didn't said anything instead he just nods his head while make his way to the counter. 

''But if you want to buy anything, I'll open this cafe only for you.'' He flashed his most delight smile.

''Really?'' My eyes grow wide after hearing his words. He nods and take out a menu under the counter and handed it to me. I look at the menu and scan all the dishes list carefully. After a few seconds searching for the foods, finally I decide to order a dinner set. I lift my head and fix my gaze on Zelo.

''Can I have 2 sets of this one?'' I point at the dishes in the menu.

''Sure, please wait for a moment.'' With that, he quickly rush to the back and leave his bag on the counter. I just stand at the counter while waiting for my order.

 

Looking around the cafe, suddenly I spot a shadow outside the cafe through the glass window. The person outside the cafe freak me out as he/she trying to look inside this cafe. I narrow my eyes to get a better look at the person outside the cafe when suddenly Zelo comes to me with my order in his hand.

 

''What are you looking at?'' He walks closer to me and steal a glance at the glass window.

''Uh..Nothing. It just..The sky becomes dark now.'' I said, try my best not to stammer.

''Really? You look pale.'' He said again while handed the foods for me. I take it quickly and search for the money in my purse as fast as I can.

''No, it's okay. My treat.'' He push the money from my hand and grabs his bag on the counter. I hesitate whether to let him treat me or not. After thinking for a while, I keep back my money in my purse and slowly walk out from the cafe. Zelo follows closely behind my back and stumble when I stop walking out of the blue.

 

What if the creepy person outside the cafe suddenly stab me when I leave this cafe or follow me until I arrive at my home? What should I do? Maybe that person is the one that sent those letters to me. 

The negative scene keeps play in my mind and that time how I wish I can teleporting myself to my house.

 

''Are you okay?'' Zelo said as he walks in front of me.

''I'm..okay.'' I reply and let he takes the leads to the entrance. He just nods and open the cafe door while waiting for me to go out first. I hesitatedly step outside the cafe and look around, scared that something might pop out in front of me.

 

Zelo closed the cafe door and locked it before turns to me. 

 

''Can you go home by your own?'' His voice can be heard along the empty alley beside the cafe.

''Of course.'' I said confidently and suddenly my gaze fall at the long street toward my house. It's already dark by now and the street can only be seen by the dim light from the moonlight. I wonder if I can arrive safely at my house.

''But if you wanna send me to my house, it will be nice.'' Without thinking thrice, I bluntly said to him, make him chuckles by my unexpected words.

''Okay then, let's go.'' He smile. 

 

We walk side by side and sometimes I almost hug him when the dogs at my neighbourhood start to barked. I keep turn around because the feeling of someone following us suddenly emerge. Zelo notices my action as he also looks at the back. 

Without I'm notice, I hold Zelo's hand tightly and walk closer beside him. Zelo looks at me but he didn't said anything instead he just held back my hand tightly. The last corner to my house finally comes to the end.

 

''This is my house. Thanks for accompany me.'' I said, letting his hand go from my grip. His face fell at the moment I let his hand go.

''It's okay. How can I let you walk alone in this darkness?'' He said in a serious tone but I find it's so cute.

''Uh..I forget, thanks again for treat me with this.'' I lift the plastic bag that full of foods.

 

He just nods his head and smile at me. After wave a goodbye and tell him to be careful, I rush to my house and locked all the doors, afraid that someone will barged into my house and do something bad to me.

Suddenly, I hear a knocking sound from the living room. My leg stay froze at the doorway as I leaned my back at the wall. Be a coward me, I quickly sit and almost in a crawl position. Slowly, I start to crawl to the living room and let myself close enough with the wall. 

I stop crawl when suddenly an image of someone pop out from my living room in a crawl position as me with a bloody face-

 

''Wait, that's beyond my imagination.'' I whisper to myself and spot a two legs in front of me. I about to scream but stop when I heard a familiar voice.

''Hyeri, what are you doing?'' Mom's voice welcome me as I lift my head slowly just to found no one in front of me. The darkness trying to take over me. 

 

I didn't thinking twice and scream out loud but stop again when I feel someone's hand on my cheek.

 

''Can you at least open your eyes?'' I quickly open my eyes and being greet with mom's smiling face. I let out an awkward laugh and quickly stand up while handed the foods to my mom. She takes the foods and walks to the kitchen. I speedily follow her to the kitchen and set up the plate for both of us.

''Who's the guy that send you back home? Your boyfriend?'' Mom said in a teasing voice as she chew her meals slowly.

''No, he's just a friend.'' I said, earning a playful glance from my mom.

''Really? I thought my baby girl already have a boyfriend. By the way, he's cute.'' Mom said again, making me choke with my own food.

''He.he, no mom. He just a school friend.'' I awkwardly chuckle and continue to pig out on my food.

 

After finish clean the kitchen, I make my way to my room and quickly run toward the window direction. I forgot to close the window before go out to find some foods earlier. I catch a sight of someone watching me at the lawn and we almost make an eye contact. 

I closed the window and the curtain swiftly without make any noise. Locked the glass door at the balcony quickly and pull the curtain so that I will be safe from the person at the lawn. 

I jump on my bed and grab the blanket to protect me from any dangerous. Suddenly, my phone start to beep and it totally make me startled. I see the caller id and the unknown number appear on my screen. Doubting whether to answer the call or not, finally I sweep the green icon. 

 

''Yeboseyo?'' I said but there's no reply from the other line. I about to hang up the call when suddenly a crack voice can be heard.

''Die.''