Chapter 31

A Riddle Love

 

It's been a week since that incident happened. I start to avoid Jackson for some reason but to my surprised, Jackson also did the same. Whenever we met each other, Jackson will treat me like how a friends always do. It's feel like he already forgot about the moment he being with me. I wonder why he did so but at the same time, I feel so grateful by his sudden action. 

Also, during this one week, I've never see Zelo again. His classmates said that he skipped school for one week. I tried to ask for the reason but I received nothing. After the incident at the park, Zelo's shadow never being seen again. As if the dream going against the reality.

 

''What with this feeling?'' I keep asking myself when I know that there's no answer to the question but still, I hate to be trapped in this unsure feeling. The air somehow play tricks with my minds, torture my emotionally, until I give in to despair. Even though the weather is so hot right now but why did I feel so cold? 

 

I come to my sense as soon as the homeroom teacher walks in the classroom. Right now, I don't know what to do about my clueless heart. Let's just follow the flows. Anyhow, the time will solve everything. 

 

-

 

The class ended like usual but there's something different. It's nothing like usual but something seems to be disturbing me this whole week, I didn't saw Zelo's figure nor his shadow. That's concern me the most.

I wonder is he angry or upset with me but if I recall the memories when I met Zelo at the park one week ago, I never notice the angry Zelo but only the kind-hearted Zelo appear that time. 

Throughout this week, something unexpected happened to me, Jaerim came and ask me for forgiveness, Of course I've forgive her. I know that she was mean before but people changed right and she deserve a second chance. It just means a close friend will stick by you no matter what. 

 

''Let just go home and finish my homework.'' I persuade myself and slowly walk away from school. Glorious, heavenly light shone through the light, whispy clouds above me. They parted, presenting a beautiful sky beneath. It was mesmerizing, how simple it looked, yet it seemed to hold every one of my thought, my anxiety, my secret.

 

Walking softly while appreciate the beauty nature around me, I didn't realize that I've already reach my house. Time really kill everything. I didn't even notice that I've been walking along the busy road to my house.

Take a step closer to my door way, my eyes caught a pieces of white paper been hide at the one of my mom's favorite glass vase. Without aware, my right hand reached out to take the white paper and secretly unfolded it. What is this?

 

cafe

 

Did Zelo send me this letter? Cafe? I smile as the thought of Zelo hit me. How I miss him. Is it some kind of riddle again? The endless questions hit me hard and still I didn't know which one to answer. The curve of my lips slightly going upwards but the corner of my eyes getting wet. I don't know whether to smile because I received this riddle from Zelo and going to meet him soon or cry because I really miss him and I'm going to meet him right now.

 

''Let's just go to the cafe. Wait, cafe? Which cafe?'' Come on brain, let's think fast. I don't want to be late. I keep thinking, thinking and thinking but then something knock me. The first cafe that I met him. The cafe that he used to become a part-timer when I first encounter with him.

 

Marching toward the cafe that I've guess with my short memory, I silently pray that Zelo is the one who send me the letters that contains only cafe word in it. The thumping beat of my heart sure make my hand trembling from nervousness. It's like meeting your long lost boyfriend that involve in a military works.

After a few minutes, I reached at the cafe and there's a guy with a white shirt and blue-black jeans standing right in front of me with his back facing me. All I can see is his back but I'm 100% that the guy is Zelo.

 

''Zelo ah.'' The only words that escaped from my lips when I stand a few kilometers from him. The sky smothered the scene with a thickly threaded blanket, melting over the corners of the horizon. We're standing in the shade as if the light cloud protect us from the sunlight ray.

 

He turns to me and smile. His smile. How I miss his smile so much. It's been too long that I've never see those smile again but right now, I feel like dreaming.

 

''You came.'' His words. I remember his only words when I met him at the park one week ago. He said that word exactly. It's feel like deja vu.

''Yah! Why aren't you coming to school for one week?'' I scream at him. Somehow I couldn't recognized the feeling that take over me. I just miss him.

 

He didn't reply to me instead he comes at me with a smile plastered on his face. His face looks so serene yet nervous. He walk closer to me and stop his pace when he's already right in front of my face. I lifted my face a bit to have a good look at him and he greets me with his sweetest smile. I love this moment. How I wish I can stop a time and stare at his face for a long time.

 

''Hyeri ah, I know we've been through many things together and the Jackson guy come into your life like a storm. I don't really know him and how your feeling toward him but there's one thing I want you to know that I really love you. I don't want to lose you twice.'' Zelo sudden confess make my heart goes wild. At this rate I really hope that he can hear how fast my heart beat just for him.

''I feel the same as you.'' I smile and without aware, I hug him tightly. A hug that I don't want to let him go and disappear again from my view. Right now, I know that his feeling for me not a joke.

''You received the riddle right?'' He said, still hugging me tightly. I can feel his warmth and his hot breath against my bare neck.

I nod.

''It's like our first time meeting. I loved the way you seems so curious and want to find the owner of the letter quickly. It make me happy and without knowing, I send you another riddle and more. Actually, I'm sorry for troubling you.'' Zelo said and we keep laughing, trying to reminisce our good and bad memory together.

 

Yeah, I admit that the letter keep haunted me but the more I received, the more I feel like I need to solve it and I'm glad that Zelo is the one that sent me those letter. We stared at the blue sky for a long time, watching the clouds come and go, the sun setting in a magnificent flourish, and we think, maybe, it was our destiny to meet by a pieces of letter and a riddle to make it perfect.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The end.


This is the end of my story 'A riddle love'.. I'm so sorry if the ending wasn't meet your expectation but I wanna make it a simple ending :) I'm a bit sad that this story already come to the end but no worries, for Zelo fans, another good news for you guys. I will working on my new story, starring Zelo and you. :D 

Please click on the poster if you want to read my new story :)

Bad Guy - main story image