0II.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Through the eyes of a child, he saw her.

With the mind of a child, he pursued her.

With the heart of child, will he win her?

         Usually things roll off of Taemin's back. He doesn't let startling things get to him, especially when he was supposed to be concentrating on other, more important things. But the screaming kid and his young mom wouldn't stop crossing his mind every so often when he least expected it. He was seriously irritated, but the whole concept, if he admitted to it, really did intrigue him. This girl was apparently a first year in college, and she had a four year old. He was sure that if she was indeed her proper age as a first year university student, then she would've had that kid since the beginning of her career in high school. Taemin shuddered to think of dealing with a baby at such a young age. It bothered him. There was no way she was the same age as Kai, right? He found himself so engrossed in thought over the question that when his professor called on him, he was startled and yelled the first thing he could stumble across in his mind.

       "Four!" He called out, only to have his face turn red when the professor's face turned hard and the whole class started snickering at him. Lee Taemin did not like to be made a fool out of, and his professor had just succeeded in that. 

"Lee Taemin, I understand that History might not exactly be your.. 'thing' as you kids call it these days," The man used quotations around the word, as if it offended him, "But I'd appreciate if you at least tried to learn the important years we're going over today, such as Seoul's foundation as the Republic of Korea's capital, which happened in 1948. If you could find it in your heart to remember that, Lee, then I would. It's on your exam that is next week." The professor continued his snide lecture, probably feeling very proud over that he was able to call out Taemin.

           Taemin, on the other hand, was not as amused or proud. Cursing the whole ordeal of yesterday repeatedly; he decided that after his class, he was going straight to Kai and demand the answer the question that led to his embarrassment. He was not about to be called out on again and have the entire class laugh at him.      

The minute class was dismissed, the boy was out the door and already turning on the hall to Kai's class: Calculus. He knew that Kai despised the subject, but needed to take at least one math credit so he could move on to his major, Dance. Taemin chuckled, leaning against the wall next to the door of the classroom. According to his time, Calculus runs ten minutes later than his History course, but he was in no rush. All he wanted was an answer to soothe his curiosity, and Kai would give him it in time. 
 

        A few minutes later, he was busy playing one of those tumble games on his phone when the door burst open. Jumping and dropping his phone with a clatter, Taemin cursed loudly and looked to see who was in such a hurry to give him a heart attack. He instantly recongized the face of Choi Suyeon, who looked at him with wide eyes and bowed in apology, turning on her heel and taking off towards the end of the hallway. She had disappeared before Taemin could piece together a proper question for her. 

Kai was out a little bit after that, looking over and raising an eyebrow. "So you were the reason why the teacher said that our generation needed to watch their mouths."
     Taemin rolled his eyes, putting his phone back in his pocket (it was a miracle that the phone hadn't shattered-- it was a bit scratched up and the screen had a few small cracks, but they were barely noticable so he wasn't too mad about it) and picking up his bag that he had dropped to the groun earlier.

"Why are you here?" The younger asked, putting on his backpack properly. The kid's bag was so old that it was falling apart, and the zipper didn't even work properly anymore, so he had to put it on like it was supposed to be worn or else all his books and papers would've come tumbling out. Taemin snorted, but looked over his shoulder where Suyeon had disappeared to.

It was Kai's turn to scoff. "You came here to check out Suyeon, not see me!" He accused, punching the other's shoulder. A push from Taemin was his response.
         "I came here to see you, don't get so offended! But...Yeah, the subject would've been about Suyeon regardless. Is she okay? She just kind of burst through the door and ran off." Taemin wasted no time getting his curiosity satisified.

"Of course she is. She has to pick up her kid, so she's always leaving early. The professor lets her though, I guess they have a kind of understanding of some sort." Kai shrugged. Taemin nodded, processing the information. It was enough to answer his question. His own curiosity had peaked his friend's, however.

        "Why are you so interested in her anyways?" He raised an eyebrow at Taemin. The boy pursed his lips before answering.

"Not interested in her. I'm interested about her." Taemin replied. It was the truth. He had no intentions of actually getting to know this Choi Suyeon personally, he just wanted to know what was up about that kid of hers and where he came from.

      "Oh. Did Key and Jonghyun finally get to you? Are you now diving into the world of this university's gossip?" Kai teased, grinning widely. 

"It gets me through the day." Taemin admitted. Kai chuckled.

       "Well, I just told you all I know. She doesn't really talk in class, she keeps to herself, turns in her work. She does all she can to not bring attention to herself."

"Interesting, seeing as she can't avoid the limelight because of that kid of hers." Taemin snorted, before bowing to the professor as he left the classroom. Kai followed suit, and pulled his older friend along before they got in trouble for loitering around in the hallways.

     "Well, I'll agree," Kai nodded, continuing their conversation as they walked, "But everyone's not interested in her kid, more in how she got the kid than anything." Taemin's curiousity perked up again, leaning towards Kai.

"Oh? And how's that?" 

Kai laughed at him. "You really are turning into Key and Jonghyun's gossip baby." With that statement, he had to avoid getting knocked on the head by Taemin, but he didn't take it back, nor did Taemin deny it.
 
     "I've only heard bits and pieces, but if you want to know that badly we should just ask Jonghyun, he knows all the gossip in the world. It's like he and Key have complied a database for the school's rumors and just files them away. They probably even have documents on which is true and what's not." Kai mentioned the two yet again, but Taemin couldn't help but agree. His curiosity wasn't dying to get answers though, and he was quite bored of the subject of the Chois. 
 
    "All right. Well that'll wait for another day when it strikes me. You want to hang out with us tonight?" Taemin asked, nodding his head towards the exit. Kai shrugged.
 
      "Sure. I don't have rehearsal and if we're getting food... Wait who's picking tonight?" Kai stopped, eyeing the other. The response was a shrug.

"Onew picked last time so it's up to you tonight I guess. No chicken because he picked that last time and you two got into a fight over who was the bigger chicken maniac." Taemin scolded, reminding him of two weeks prior. It was three chickens into it that Minho had finally stopped them, and Taemin felt like no one was going to want chicken for a long, long time after that. Kai made a face.

      "Dude, after seeing Onew getting sick from it, I don't want it for at least a month. Let's get pizza or something, this one kid in my Music Theory class, his mom has an Italian place, I think." Kai struggled to remember, but pulled out his phone, "I'll check, let's go."
 Taemin nodded, pulling out his own phone and making sure everyone would make it tonight, and Key called as soon as he sent the message.

"So after this Italian place Kai is thinking o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter