XXXV.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People have different ways telling.

For some they just know they're with the one.

Others, when they realize their family does something unexpected.

           "You look like you're about to pass out, Suyeon." Taemin rubbed circles into his girlfriend's hand, concerned with how pale she had gotten. The trio had left Taemin's house earlier that morning and started their travel towards the other Lees. Suyeon blinked blankly at the house in front of them. It had been almost two years since she and Onew had lived in this house before moving out into their first apartment, then Suyeon moving out into her own with Hyeonwoo. 

"I-i'm okay. Just nervous." Suyeon admitted, squeezing his hand. Taemin only grew more concerned at her admitting her nerves. 

      He leaned over, "Hey, it'll be okay. Onew's parents loved me as a friend, and I swear it'll be okay, no matter what." Taemin kissed her cheek, ignoring the "Gross!" that came from the backseat from the five year old. Suyeon smiled a little, nodding.

  "I trust you." She managed, and he smiled brightly at that. They got out of the car, Suyeon reaching into the backseat to get Hyeonwoo out of his carseat before going up to the door. They barely knocked twice before Mrs. Lee, a shorter, plumper woman opened the door with a wide smile.

    "It's my baby girl," She pinched Suyeon's cheek, " And my little grandbaby, who's gotten so big!" She reached over to take Hyeonwoo, who giggled and hugged his 'grandmother's neck, greeting her politely and allowing himself to be carried into the house. 

"Oh, come in, you two, don't be shy!" Mrs. Lee announced, waving them in. The young couple entered, closing the door behind them. Now, Onew's parents were not as well off as Taemin's family was, however they did have a lovely, heartwarming home. It was home, in a way, to Suyeon.

      Taemin leaned over to whisper as Mrs. Lee cooed over Hyeonwoo, "I thought you mentioned that you and Onew's mom didn't really get along?" It was true that Suyeon mentioned it, being a little more open about her past when asked if she ever went back with Onew for holidays. It wasn't that she and Mrs. Lee didn't get along, she had said, but the older woman was certainly appauled when she would try to help and Suyeon would refuse it, not wanting to be a burden. Mrs. Lee had also been a strong, independent woman with a career, a nurse at that, so she was kept rather busy with her patients. 

"Onew told them about Luhan, we had a heart to heart and now she's been waiting for me to visit." Suyeon sighed, watching the way her 'mother' looked after her son. "Hyeonwoo's gotten a lot quieter since he was a baby."

As if to challenge her statement, Hyeonwoo's signature squeal came from the living room. "Are you sure about that?" Taemin asked quietly. 

   "You have no idea."

Once the two had made their way into the living room, they found a casually dressed Mr. Lee coddling the littlest Choi. Upon seeing the two enter, the older man stood up, setting Hyeonwoo down as he greeted the two. A fond hug and hair tussle was given to Suyeon, who whined quietly while fixing her hair and making her way back to her boyfriend. 

   "Taemin, you've grown." Mr. Lee's attention was now fixed on Taemin, and he could feel the nerves seeping into him. Usually Mr. Lee was all smiles and patting him on the back, teasing him about being the youngest in the friend group. Today, he felt like he was being put on trial for a crime. With the way Mr. Lee was eyeing him, it wouldn't surprise him if Taemin had actually had done so. 

"Yes sir. It's always nice to see you, Mr. Lee." Taemin gulped his nerves down, not wanting to ruin this for Suyeon. He politely shook the hand of Mr. Lee (an odd enough gesture as it is) and stood there awkwardly next to Suyeon, not knowing what to so.

    "It is. The circumstances have changed though, this time around, hasn't it?" The older man looked between him and Suyeon, before offering them a seat on the couch. 

"A-a little, yes sir." Taemin stammered.

   "Suyeon," She straightened in her seat as her name was called by her 'father', "Did you mention I'm not going easy on him?"

"Dad! No! You promised when I called!" Suyeon protested, helping her son in her lap. At that point, Mrs. Lee had joined her husband on the opposite side of the couch, facing the younger couple.

Mrs. Lee nodded, "It's certainly different, isn't it? Usually we're babying little Taemin here." At this, Suyeon perked up, curiosity poised.

    "What?" She asked, looking between her boyfriend and her parents. Taemin shrugged, he had mentioned it before that he knew the Lees, being good friends of their son and growing up with him. 

"Taemin came over all the time back when they were little." Mrs. Lee nodded, recounting the many times when the boys had been over, before the dyed hair, the piercings, and the puberty. She remembered it very well. Once Key's parents had moved into their bigger house, the boys spent most of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter