XXII.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A kiss can change it all.

You can force normality for a while...

But eventually feelings bubble to the surface.

The kiss situation hung over Suyeon and Taemin's heads for at least a week before they both couldn't take it anymore. 

    "Suyeon..." Taemin was nervous about bringing it up, but the tension and absolute unresolved feelings surrounding them was killing him inside. He had to know.

"Hm?" She made a noise to prove she was listening, not looking up from her textbook. They were studying at the apartment, Hyeonwoo running around and occasionally making explosion noises. He was more than happy that Taemin came over, having already put the man as his future father in his mind.

    "I..." He considered his words careful. "I know you're not sure of your feelings right now." Taemin noticed her shoulders tense.

"I want you to know that I'll wait until you are... sure of your feelings, I mean." 

    Suyeon was quiet for a minute, finally sighing and putting her pencil down. "What if I'm never completely sure? What if I make you wait too long?"

"I don't mind waiting if it's for you." He answered honestly, and this time he didn't miss the pink tinging her cheeks. 

    "Okay. So you won't do anything romantic to try and win me over?" Suyeon asked.

Taemin smiled, "Oh hell no. I'm willing to fight for you to see me as a man."

    "I will always see you as a child. A seven year old child." Suyeon bit back, hiding her reddening cheeks. He was getting cheesy and she didn't want to admit she liked it more than she should.

 

In order to 'help', Key suggested he started looking after Hyeonwoo when she had shifts at the diner. Even though Suyeon slightly hated minimizing the time she could see Taemin (she'd never admit it though), she readily agreed, thankful she was starting to have more people to help her with her baby boy.

    She immediately regretted the decision two weeks later, when Key was playing with the boy and she was getting ready for work, and Hyeonwoo decided he didn't want Key. He wanted Taemin.

"Gimme Taemin momma. I want Taemin, momma!" He yelled, pulling on Suyeon's pants. She sighed, "Can't you play with Key?" Adding in her head, "Can you please stop bringing him up and giving him heart problems?"

    Hyeonwoo wobbled back over to Key, who whispered something to the four year old as Suyeon pulled her hair back.

"Momma, can you marry Taemin? Uncle says that Taemin wants to marry you."

    "Key stop telling him lies!" Suyeon screeched, turning bright red and grabbing her jacket. 

The man snickered, "I'll stop telling him lies when you stop lying to yourself~" He came over and straightened her collar and tie. She glared at him.

   "You know what? Screw you." She hissed, making him laugh again, patting her shoulder.

"Sorry sweetie, not interested." 

    "Oh that's right, you're interested in Honey Vocals, aren't you?" She teased, this time making the other man turn a bright shade of red.

"You know what, I do not need you on that too! Go to work!" He glared, pushing her towards the door. She managed to get the last laugh that time, happily making her way to work.


       The diner was relatively busy at this point, being towards the middle of dinner rush. Suyeon had just finished up ringing up a customer, saying farewell before she heard shuffling behind her. She had a feeling on who it was, but didn't turn until she was addressed. 

"Heeeey, Suyeon." Amber and Seulgi were in unison, and she turned to see them looking awkward and shuffling their feet. Suyeon felt her motherly instincts starting to edge out. They definitely wanted something.

   "Yes?" She asked.

"Okay well before you say no--"

   "No."

"Oh come on, we didn't even say anything!" Amber whined, pouting dramatically. Suyeon raised an eyebrow at her boss' childness. Sometimes, she couldn't help but wonder if she was really older than her. 

   "You started off by saying, 'before you say no' to a mother. I'm going to say no instinctively." Suyeon shrugged, turning her back to them and checking the reciepts from earlier customers. Someone was an and gave 15 cents as a tip. She sighed in annoyance. Everyone working in the diner had to get by, you can surely give at least 20% on a tip. 

Seulgi spoke up this time, "Can we still ask though?"

    "Sure." Suyeon nodded, glancing over her shoulder.

"Can you take that table?" Seulgi asked, and Suyeon finally turned back around to face her and see where she was pointing. It was a table in the corner. It looked like 12 men. Suyeon's jaw dropped.

   "There's so many of them! Why do I need to do it, they aren't even in my section!" Suyeon asked. She usually didn't mind, but when incoherent screaming came from that table, she realizes that she did not want to go over there either.

"Because I am your boss and I said so." Amber answered quickly. Suyeon gave her a look that begged to differ.

      "Is Taemin among them? Because if that's the reason why you're sending me over then--" Suyeon threatened, picking up her waitress tray and making a motion to whack them both.

"No no no!" They both squealed, ducking. Suyeon laughed, she was really getting some good laughs out of others today. "We just don't want to talk to one of them, he looks really scary!" 
 

    Suyeon laughed harder. That's the reason why? "Seriously? They can't be that intimdating compared to the entire table." 12 people at one table was intimidating in general for a waitress, but they both looked genuinely scared to go over there. She sighed. She wasn't going to get out of this one. Regardless, even if she did convince one to go over and do their job, she'd have to come along so they don't freak out. It's happened before, sadly enough.

"Okay, fine. I'll go." After them thanking her a lot, promising to take over part of her section for the entire night just for doing this. She rolled her eyes, forcing a polite smile and heading over to the rambocious group of boys.

    She started her usual spiel, "Hello, I'm Suyeon and I'll be your waitress for today--"

"S-suyeon?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter