IV.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say curiosity killed the cat.

But satisifation brought it back.

What if satisifaction brought something a little more back?

         Just to be clear, Lee Taemin does not get nervous. Ever. At all. So it was simply because it was chilly outside that his hands were shaking. It was also ironically a bit warm outside, so the sweat that beaded on his temples were because of the heat. He was really thirsty so of course his throat is dry and it's hard to swallow. 

...Yeah, he's never nervous at all. Totally not. He's starting to be thankful that his entire group had bailed on him. Onew had his part time job tonight, and the other three just couldn't bare to watch their youngest crash and burn. Kai was his saving grace that stopped him from high tailing it out of there. When everyone else bailed on him, Kai offered to go with him after his late night dance rehearsal. He glanced to the side, and blinked when he saw his friend looking at him like he was crazy.

      "What...?" Taemin asked defensively, shoving his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. Kai rolled his eyes, before nodding towards the diner in front of them.

"You gonna go in, or are we going to stay out here at this ungodly hour?"

     "It's only midnight!" Taemin defended, only to hang his head when the lack of sanity in that sentence. His friend huffed.

"Let's just go in, you've been staring at the place for a longer amount of time than deemed necessary and normal. I thought you wanted answers?" Kai's first statement flew over his head and his curiosity flared up again when his mind ran through the questions he wanted to ask. 

    "Yeah, yeah let's go." He hurried in, leaving Kai behind for a moment. The younger shook his head. He knew that this wasn't going to end well for his best friend at all. But he didn't have the heart to stop Taemin, and he may or may not be there simply because he wanted to have a cheap laugh and get some blackmail on Taemin. It'd be equal to the level of dirt he had on him. The devil had recorded him sobbing in a corner after his dance group's first major win, cackling all the while. He still had it backed up, bringing it up whenever he wanted something big out of Kai. 

Once he entered, he ran straight into Taemin's back. "Dude, what the--"

"Nope." Taemin breathed, ducking behind Kai and pushing him forward. The younger eyed his friend, who was cowering behind him like a child, and looked ahead and raised an eyebrow. Leaning against the counter a ways in front of them was Choi Suyeon herself. She certainly looked pretty, Kai admitted. The waitress uniform suited her well, with the slacks, button up, tie and apron tying together quite nicely-- were those heels? He was impressed.

    "Taemin come on. You can not seriously want to back out because she looks professional at her job." Kai side stepped his friend, exposing him to the rest of the diner. The elder coughed and quickly straightened himself out, sighing and ruffling his hair.

"Sorry, I just didn't expect her to be dressed like that, is all. It was a little startling. I'm okay now." The slight tremble in Taemin's hands proved to Kai otherwise, but he let it be for now. What mattered was that Taemin did not to what he usually did--

   "Hey, so--"

"Taemin." Kai hissed, pulling him by his collar back to him before he could take another step towards Suyeon. "Are you seriously that daft? This is not the way to approach someone about a sensitive topic."

     Taemin let out a low whine. "Why not? It's just simple curiosity. I just want to know and we can all move on in our lives."

"You're such an idiot. Let me handle this, at least at first. She might not even be in the mood to really chat, she rarely ever is." Kai groaned, keeping a firm hold on his older friend's collar as he called for Suyeon's attention.

    "Hey Suyeon, could we get a table please?" He asked politely, causing the young girl to jump and look at him with wide eyes. He could feel Taemin stiffen underneath him, and he lightly pinched the skin he could grab onto to snap him out of it. God, his friend was so embarrassing. 

"Sure, sure... Just, uhm... follow me." Suyeon said quietly, leading them to a table as quickly as possible. Kai smiled as nicely as he could manage, shoving Taemin into the other chair as soon as he could.

   "I didn't know you worked here." He attempted to start a conversation. Taemin just stared down as his menu, and again Kai cursed this boys inability to speak when it counted. 

Suyeon just nodded absentmindedly. "Yeah... yeah. I didn't know you stayed up so late." She managed to get out, and Kai noticed a slight upturn of . He chuckled a bit.

    "Dance practice, Taemin here waited for me and I was starving, so we decided to check this place out since it's open so late." He explained. She just nodded again, before mumbling something about giving them a minute to decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter