XXIV.

Baby Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unfortunately people are fickle.

They want to do something, but are too scared.

Sometimes, a push is a good thing...

       After Suyeon's outburst, Taemin had sought her out and rarely left her alone. He didn't want her to be put through any more drama if Luhan approached her, or if anyone else did for that matter. People had whispers and rumors here and there, but with the help of the rest of the guys those rumors didn't get very far. 

With spending so much time with Suyeon, Taemin's actions (such as hugging her tightly, making sure to sit next to her, helping out with Hyeonwoo in any possible way) could have been seen as just a friend helping out a friend in need. Unfortunately for him, his friends were a little bit smarter than that. As he checked his phone again during their free period, Kai scoffed.

    "Can you be any more obvious?"

Taemin looked up and feigned ignorance. "Obvious?"

   "Oh please, lover boy. Just go off and get your girl already." Kai teased, watching Taemin's face turn a bright red.

"Shut up, she knows and I said I'd wait." 

     Kai rolled his eyes. "Where will waiting get you?"

"The gift of patience and hopefully at the end, Suyeon?" Taemin said, unsure as Kai just continued his little tirade. 

          "You should just go for it." Kai waved towards the door.

"No." 

      "Well, there's got to be a way to push her..." Kai tapped his chin in thought.

"Kai! No!" Taemin protested, smacking his friend.

     Kai swatted his hands away, mostly unfazed by the hit (on the outside, at least, he was wincing on the inside because damn Taemin can hit). "I'm just saying."

"And I am telling you we don't need to push her. She wants time, and I'll wait. I don't mind waiting if it's for her."

           "That is so cheesy and romantic, I feel like I'm watching one of those Nicolas Sparks movies with my sister." Kai gagged, resuming his thinking. It was quiet for a few minutes, and Taemin had thought that his friend had given up on his whole idea before he spoke again.

"Didn't Suyeon say she'd come to the end of the semester dance show?" Kai asked. Their eyes met, and Taemin wasn't so comfortable with the calculating look in the other's eyes.

    "Yeah...Why?" He asked, leaning towards his friend. Kai just smiled.

"Done."

   "Done? What do you mean done?" Done could not mean a good thing when it was coming from Kai and he had that look on his face. Taemin knew from experience. 

"I just mean done. Don't worry about it." 

     "No, the last time you said 'done', I ended up with my hair blonde and I will never forgive you for that."

Kai snickered at the memory. "Right. But this time it's going to be a good done! Swear!"

    Taemin eyed him, and Kai went on to explain, "You've got a solo, and on top of that our duet we've been working on since the beginning of the school year. This is going to be perfect."

"I think you mean this is going to end in disaster." Taemin groaned. He didn't quite get where Kai was going, but the basic idea was to seduce Suyeon, if he knew his friend.

    "Stop being pessimistic. It'll be fine, we're not seducing her," Kai reasoned, and Taemin found a little bit of hope.

"We're just showing her that you're a man, not some seven year old play date for Hyeonwoo!" He grinned. Scratch that. Kai was a terrible friend and person. But he couldn't linger on that anymore. He had to pick up Hyeonwoo.

    "I'd hit you but that would take me longer to pick up Hyeonwoo, since Suyeon has to clean the chalkboard for Philsophy."

Kai watched his friend go out the door and turn the corner before he rolled his eyes. "Riiight. He's so wrapped around her finger and they aren't even official... yet."


     As much as Taemin hated Kai's idea, he couldn't help but ponder over the validity of it. He promised he'd wait, and he was perfectly okay with that, but... He shook his head. Why would he be considering such an inappropiate idea anyways? He looked over, seeing Suyeon smiling brightly. 

He and Suyeon had gone to pick up Hyeonwoo together, and are now holding hands. Through Hyeonwoo, but it certainly gave off the illusion that they were together to passerbys. Suyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter